TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Happy New Year. I truly hope 2012 brings you your heart's desires.

:hug:

Pip x

Thanks Pip! Happy New Year to all and may this year be FILLED with BFP's - and babies! x

Happy new years ladies ,heal the past ,live the present and dream the future ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Happy New Year everyone, hope 2012 finds everyone healthy and happy :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR may this be the year of the golden girls and a 40 something baby boom!:hugs:

Wishing everybody a Happy 2012 and fingers crossed for us all!!!

Happy New Year ladies!!! I hope all your wishes and dreams become a reality :hugs:

RIGHT! Enough of the New Year's wishes - let's get those BFP's rolling! Come on, girls!

The first of many!
Well, I have an announcement, but it's not a BFP - it's that my garden is full of shit. Yes, the sewers exploded yesterday in a ridiculous rainstorm and my neighbours poo is now all over my lawn. I love my life.
Wishing everybody a better day than mine!!! x

The first of many!
Well, I have an announcement, but it's not a BFP - it's that my garden is full of shit. Yes, the sewers exploded yesterday in a ridiculous rainstorm and my neighbours poo is now all over my lawn. I love my life.
Wishing everybody a better day than mine!!! x

O crap ,yuk !:nope::hugs::hugs::hugs:

urgh - that sounds awful, will look dreadful and don't even want to think about the smell :wacko:

Well I had my appointment with nurse today to start fertility referral rolling. She was checking progesterone level, rubella status etc and I was also being tested for clamydia which has never been done before - that wasn't nice at all and if I had known i was dropping my knickers the downstairs department would have been tidied up (I am so glad I shower in the morning and not a night :winkwink:) I have discovered I am not as tall as I thought I was subsequently I am fatter than I knew I was and I am 'obese' yuck, yuck, yuck. This is an added incentive to shift the weight.

She confirmed that my PCT draws the line at 37 so being 41 no hope of NHS treatment it will all have to be private so we need to think really carefully to what extent we are prepared to go to. In the first instance I just want to find out why my body is producing silly cycles, am I entering menopause early etc and then let us see what happens. Will sit down with OH over the next day or so and talk money and see what we are prepared to spend on our quest for a baby.

If anybody can let me know roughly what they have spent privately and what is actually covered that would be great. I believe that we come under a sub clinic of the bourne hall clinic at Cambridge (where first IVF baby was conceived). Looking on their website I am aware it can run into thousands and thousands....

So 2 weeks time back to docs to talk over results.

Hope you are all doing ok!!

Hi Gaf,
I'm sorry about your news - but no surprises. 37 is a bit harsh, tho...
I hate to tell you what I've spent already as it's probably not applicable to you. I had my tests done also at Bourne Hall sub clinic and they were about £450; I then had two consultations, both about £150 ish...then I had a series of tests for auto-immune issues as I had reason to suspect problems there - that was ££££££££££'s - almost £1,000 and did indeed uncover many underlying problems that will require both drugs and £££££££'s if we IVF. The IVF/ICSI is probably about £5,000 all in (drugs, scans, consults etc.) Don't let this put you off, however - you can borrow the money, it's worth it and yours will probably be considerably cheaper - we had to have extra tests and would need ICSI, therefore very expensive.
I hope your results come back ok and good luck x

Come on, Ladies - BFP's please! It ain't gonna be me, I can feel dear Auntie Floanna creeping up already x

Well, Aunt Flo hasn't arrived, but last night I dreamt I was pregnant..! LOL

Hello ladies! Happy new year to you all! Wow - Reb what a shitty (ahem) start to the new year. Ugh. Hope you've got it all cleared up now. Maybe your dream will come true - don't they say pregnancy dreams are a sign?!
Gaf, Im in exactly the same boat as you ... I think you have to plan to spend £5000 -£7000 and hope that it comes in cheaper. As Reb says, you can borrow the money and what price to you put on a baby?
AFM I'm concentrating on first getting my cycle back into some sort of normality as its been up the spout since my last MC. Last cycle I managed to get the LP sorted and temp dropped/hag arrived 14dpo so thanks to agnus castus. However I'm still spotting - last month at 9, 10 and 12 dpo. I think I may have low progesterone but not had this tested. So this month I'm trying 100mg Vitamin B complex until Ov, plus have stopped agnus castus but this month am trying the australian bush remedy 'She Oak' as that is supposed to a) balance hormones but b) work really well on negative conception vibes. Oh yes and acupuncture in first and 2nd half of cycle. Cant really do any more than that. The master plan is to start IVF in April if we aren't pregnant by then. We are due to move house end of January so that's all very exciting too!

Wishing everyone a happy, successful 2012 and may all our dreams come true! xx

ooooh beetle - I am on the she oak as well as my friend is into all that sort of thing!!! I am a bit concerned asI am now on CD 15 and nothing to report on CBFM and temps are up and down.

So.... nothing to report at the moment grrrr :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->