TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

HellOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Anybody out there? Is this a dead thread? Come on, girls, let's get us some gossip going!

https://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i28/KimM_album/Emoticons/gossip.gif

hello ladies its nice to see familar faces still on.
i had a meltdown after my bday and couldnt do it anymore we just did ntnp. I really wanted a bfp for my 40th.

We do finally have some answers i found out i have pcos and was put on metformin. I do have a bunch of smaller cysts in one ovary and a 4 cm folicular in the other. If the metformin works to shrink the larger one i can go on metformin in march.

Hi pd! I'm so glad you have got some answers. I've got everything crossed for you.

:hugs:

Pip x

Hellooooooooooooooooooo!

I'm still here.

Lurk, lurk.

My DP proposed on Xmas night :D So there's some nice news. I said yes and we're aiming at Spring time this year.

My AF is two days late today but i'm not getting excited because ..... well ..... i'm just not. I dont want to get my hopes up basicly. I could come on any minute and i probably will. And then i'll crash. sigh.

Love and hugs and Happy New Year to all of you lovelies xxxxxx

Hellooooooooooooooooooo!

I'm still here.

Lurk, lurk.

My DP proposed on Xmas night :D So there's some nice news. I said yes and we're aiming at Spring time this year.

My AF is two days late today but i'm not getting excited because ..... well ..... i'm just not. I dont want to get my hopes up basicly. I could come on any minute and i probably will. And then i'll crash. sigh.

Love and hugs and Happy New Year to all of you lovelies xxxxxx

Ooh congrats Mistyy, that is lovely news :happydance::happydance:

And :test: :hugs:

Oooh! You're all still here! Thank goodness.
Mistyy - don't worry about not getting your hopes up - I've got them up for you! Fingers crossed and also huge congratulations. Don't do what OH and I did, get engaged and then leave it - we're now arguing more than we've ever argued and I'm beginning to wonder why the hell he put a ring on my finger...glum.
Butterfly - how nice!!! I read your blog - that's an AMAZING best friend you have - wow. Fingers crossed for them too.
pdmcd - great that you have some explanations - I'm sure it helps to know WHY things haven't happened. FX that the PCOS gets under control.
Pip - hi!!! Haven't looked at your journal for ages, hope things are going well with new baby xx

Hi Reb. You've not missed much! Life is so busy but I'm not complaining. I know how lucky I am. Btw, I got a proposal on my birthday! We've not set a date yet. I'm still in shock that he asked.

Pip x

Thank you girls :hugs:

Congratulations PIP - more lovely news :D

REB - thats very sad to hear that you're arguing alot. Could you orgainise a little break away together to start fresh so to speak?
We've had our ups and downs and i never in my wildest dreams thought my DP would propose because he's always been upfront about being quite anti mariage. I feel a little ashamed to admit that when i fell preg last year i hoped he'd propose - although i'm divorced i love the idea of marriage (to the right man) then when i lost baby i thought - well thats it then, he def wont marry me now :( How pathetic! But there you go. So ... i'm dead chuffed actually. Another admission i have to make is that i've been secretly worrying he'd leave me after our loss. That he would be so broody he'd off and find someone else (younger) to have them with. I never told him i felt like this. Too ashamed. So :Ds all round now anyway.

Wow - where did all that come from - sorry, lol.

Butterfly - i'm glad you're still here hun.

Can i ask where you all have you're journals/blogs? Am i being dim and its on this site?

I just cant test. If and when i come on i'll be gutted but ok. If i take a test and its neg i'll have a melt down. Daft isnt it?

Love and hugs x

Mistyy - that's not daft at all! I always think it's better NOT to test. I understand all your ups and downs with relationships and babies - I never thought he'd leave me because we couldn't get pregnant - my trouble has always been persuading him to have one! For us it's almost the opposite - I think horribly there might be a bit in me that's not forgiven him for his crappy spermies and not ever doing anything about it (lifestyle, exercise - even vitamins would help a bit) Sometimes I'm a horrible person. But right now he's not making an effort about anything in our relationship - job troubles. Boo hoo. ME me me, sorry!
Mistyy, I'm very excited - 2 days late....eeeekkk!

Mistyy I think that is a common thought that if someone does not get pg then the OH will leave and find a younger woman as I have heard a few ladies say that but I think maybe we underestimate them sometimes :hugs::hugs:

I have my blog on blogger but I set it up before I came on here regularly so in hindsight I would have had it on here as it would be easier for people to keep track of it and comment :flower:

Oh how lovely to have some nice news in here.

Congratulations on your engagements Pip and Misty. :happydance:

Misty, I'm keeping it all crossed for you too. Like you I refuse to test until I'm almost sure, not that that happens much :rofl:

Reb, I'm sorry you're having lots of arguments with your OH, hope you can work through them. I've been with my OH for over 20 years and we have our ups and downs, mostly it's good though and we've always got through. Usually it's because we're both quite busy & creative people and tend to get carried away with whatever projects we're working on - Ltttc doesn't really help the situation much either but I just can't imagine my life without him. :hugs:

Pdmcd - Great that you've got some answers - was there any talk of Clomid for you, that's often used for ladies suffering pcos, maybe trying it for 3 months might help - just an idea and I'm sure you've already thought of it. :hugs:

AFM - just waiting for this long cycle to end - if my LP stays the same AF should be flying in in the next couple of days making this my longest cycle to date! :hugs:

Pip and Mistyy - congrats on your engagements :hugs:

Reb - :hugs: I think men just don't feel the sense of urgency that we do and that in itself causes friction :nope: Hope you are OK :hugs:

Nise - :hugs:

Congrats on the engagements (pip my second time congratulating you lol)

Nise my dr said he will put me on clomid once the large cyst shrink as he worried the clomid could affect it. I am on metformin for 3 months to regulate things out and hopefuly help me loose wieght.

me and my DP have joined weight watchers im down 13 lbs so far and weight loss does help. we have also returned to the gym and me to running

Im hoping it helps.

pmcd -13 lbs already - wow!! that's fab!
All these engagements - this year will be the year of the over 40s weddings, whether or not there are BFP's and that'll be something to celebrate.
OH and I have had a great evening - our last argument was about him coming out to hear me play tonight, or watching TV- he came out and we had a great time! We never used to argue - maybe sometimes it's a good thing?!?
Night all, Mistyy, F's still X'd for you!
Pip - are you getting any sleep?! Or are you still up at this silly time of night?!
x
Sorry I was in such a grump this morning ;) x

Hey guys

I haven't posted for a while. I am 46 in a week's time! :wacko:

Well, have seen a private FS, lovely guy. My FSH good and OH has some abnormal form sperm. He has put me on 50mg Clomid for 4 months, if nothing happens, we will be going down the ICSI route.

But so much to think about, how much...we will have to borrow....here or the UK? Depends on waiting lists and I do keep hearing wonderful things about Serum in Greece. Oh how everyone thinks getting pregnant is the most natural thing in the world....hey ho!!! :awww:

Hugs to everyone! xx

So im actually kind of excited today I have been on the metformin for almost 1 month now and it may be working

TMI warning -but last night when in the bathroom i wiped and notice EWCM so i decided to check and yes i had true EWCM i have never really had this before in the past year. We definately BD but it is an improvement to have it and know i may really ovulate this month.

I love the thought of all the weddings me and DP have been talking about it and im hoping to get a ring in the near future and i think it'd be nice to have an oct wedding on our 3 yr anniversary which luckily falls on a sat this year. (but well see what actually happens)

Hi all, still lurking around this forum checking how everyone is doing, can't quite get courage up to go to pg forum until had first scan. Nearly at 10 weeks now and having lost the last 2 at 9 weeks beginning to relax a little!!! First appointment next week so hopefully have update.

Great to see the engagements, wishing you all the best.

Wishing you all a BFP in 2012 :)

Hi ladies x

Well, party hats and streamers back in the cupboard i'm afraid for now. Thank you so much for all the finger crossing. Its the first time i've been late in 8 months ttc :roll:

Came on like a train this morning while doing the packed lunches. Not that the sandwhich making is significant in any way - just setting the scene .....

Feel ok about it actually. Need to work out now whether i really was late or i got my ov date wrong by 3 days. I'm never late usually. Oh well - onward and upward.

Reb, i'm glad you and your OH had a nice evening together :)

Thank you for everyone's congrats. Never thought i'd be a bride again <feel about 17, wish i looked it> emoticon. lol

Best of luck and great vibes to all, as always xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"