TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

gaf, you are right, those levels should be taken on cd3 for sure :growlmad::growlmad: - surely if they take the level on cd13 then you are going to pretty much get the highest reading possible as you are just about to O (and from what I understand FSH is what gets the egg to release so surely that is going to be maxed out on cd13)

Personaly I think you should get a 2nd opinion - sounds like utter **** to me :growlmad::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I completely agree with Butterfly - the tests would be meaningless by day 13 - it's day 3 you need and you're nearly there, assuming no BFP this month (!) so get on the blower asap and get them done this coming cycle xxx

Oh Booth I am so very sorry to log in and read your news. My heart goes out to you and I wish I could do more than just wish you much strength at this sad, sad time. Like the others, I hope you get some answers very soon. :hugs:

Gaf - whoever put you in for an FSH test on CD13 is a complete and utter tosser! Absolutely insist you get them done again on CD3, I think you'll find the results will be very different. Chin up hun, I don't think it's gonna be as bad as it currently seems. :hugs:

Reb - that boil sounds very painful, I hope you're winning and it's going down. :hugs:

AFM - Nothing to report ttc wise it's CD7 - yawn.

Right, quick gramma check and submit reply! :haha:

Booth - i'm so sorry to hear that :cry: Stay strong :hugs:

Gaf - :flower: right back, thank you :)
I know nothing about fertility testing other than what i read here and on other sites, but from whats been said it sounds like you have definately been given rubbish info and you need to go back get them done again on the right day. What amazing stupidity on their part. Everything crossed.

I'm still dithering about whether to go for tests as i dont want to start myself obsessing again having just managed to pull myself out of quite a serious bout of depression regarding ttc. My OH has no kids of his own and i felt/feel so guilty about the mc and the length of time its taking to get preg. again.

I seem to ov every month and my cycle is regular. I get a little twinge of pain at ov time and a cramp or two the day AF comes. I just seem to plod along. I chart, and i take Q10 and pre.preg. vits. It took 13 months to fall last time. But that was a year ago. A year today in bloody fact!

I'm trying to accept that i may never fall pg now, simply because of my age, not because there's anything 'wrong' as such. sighhhhh. I dont know.

I am wondering what the different physical signs were that have prompted others here to decide to go for testing? Was it obvious problems or just wanting to investigate?

Sorry for waffling again ((Hugs)) and best wishes to all x

I am wondering what the different physical signs were that have prompted others here to decide to go for testing? Was it obvious problems or just wanting to investigate?

Sorry for waffling again ((Hugs)) and best wishes to all x

Hi Mistyy. Well we have been TTC for 4 years, I have just turned 46. We have no children. My GP told me not to bother to have any tests done, it was probably due to my age and just to try naturally and not waste my money, wish I hadn't listened to her. I left it til October, I now see a private FS, who told me my FSH is really good and so is OH's SA, he put me on Clomid, it's my first cycle and it's working. I will be looking at IVF this year, if Clomid doesn't work. I know it's still a long shot but I now feel in control, and have more information to hand, whereas when I was just seeing my GP, I had no information, I think she had given up on me due to my age.

Thank you for your lovely replies :)

Actually yesterday and today I feel quite calm and composed - I think it was just a shock being told that basically my ship has sailed.

However I have got the receptionist digging through my notes searching for my previous levels over the past couple of years and the GP has agreed for me to have CD3 blood tests with the warning not to get my hopes up - next week I have nurses appointments booked in every day to get these blasted blood samples :) I honestly cannot believe that my body has given up the ghost in such a relatively short time

My info pack arrived from the Bourne Hall Clinic this morning so now I am all set for Monday. DP is still going ahead with his NHS SA - he has to do that Wednesday so as he has been at home today we have just lazed about in bed as child was out of the way :) :)

So..... in my new positive frame of mind I am eternally grateful for having one perfect healthy ratbag of a child (who incidentally is having his picture published in Peppa Pig magazine soon as he made a PP fire engine!!!!) and being open minded with what can be achieved or not achieved in the next few months. I am hitting the gym, following my Slimming World diet exactly as I need to lose about 3 stone in total but want to shift a stone by my appointment in March.

gaf x

Gaf - good luck with those new tests. I cant believe your body would give such wildly different results in such a short space of time either. Doesnt seem right at all.

Heavenly - Hi, thank you. Congrats on your good results and good for you for getting sorted and i wish you a BFP ASAP! :)

When you say "he put me on Clomid, it's my first cycle and it's working." - in what way is it working? Was your ovulation irregular before?

I've read alot about clomid being the first step in fertility treatment but i've also read that if you're ov'ing for sure already then clomid isnt going to do much. Mind you i've also read that even a raise in temp and a positive opk doesnt mean you have ovulated for sure so i suppose tests is the only way to be sure about that too. hmmm.

Heavenly - Hi, thank you. Congrats on your good results and good for you for getting sorted and i wish you a BFP ASAP! :)

When you say "he put me on Clomid, it's my first cycle and it's working." - in what way is it working? Was your ovulation irregular before?

I've read alot about clomid being the first step in fertility treatment but i've also read that if you're ov'ing for sure already then clomid isnt going to do much. Mind you i've also read that even a raise in temp and a positive opk doesnt mean you have ovulated for sure so i suppose tests is the only way to be sure about that too. hmmm.

I wasn't sure if I had been ovulating. I use the ClearBlue Fertility Monitor which said I did most months but I didn't temp and I do know that temping is the only sure fire way of knowing, apart obviously from having a scan. So my FS wasn't sure if I was ovulating so put me on Clomid, it was peace of mind for me to see what was going on inside me and see the follicles, so it's a positive thing for me going on Clomid as I am not getting any side effects either.

Heavenly - i can understand that totally. The idea of having a scan and someone saying "Yes Miss M you are ovulating" would be wonderful. I think if that were to happen i could go away happy and relaxed and leave it all to fate. What will be, will be.

The worry for me is that they might say "Oooh, actually you're not ... what do you want to do about it?". Then i'd be bloody devastated because it means i'd be straight away like a dog with a darn bone and start wanting everything done and go all weird (i know what i'm like!) and OH would hate it.

... and breath, lol.

Do i open that can of worms? Just dont know :roll:

So glad its working for you though Heavenly. Keep us posted :)

Heavenly - i can understand that totally. The idea of having a scan and someone saying "Yes Miss M you are ovulating" would be wonderful. I think if that were to happen i could go away happy and relaxed and leave it all to fate. What will be, will be.

The worry for me is that they might say "Oooh, actually you're not ... what do you want to do about it?". Then i'd be bloody devastated because it means i'd be straight away like a dog with a darn bone and start wanting everything done and go all weird (i know what i'm like!) and OH would hate it.

... and breath, lol.

Do i open that can of worms? Just dont know :roll:

So glad its working for you though Heavenly. Keep us posted :)

My opinion? Go see a FS or whoever you need to see, I don't have time on my side and I needed to know I was doing everything I possibly could, I felt more in control knowing what was going on. Yes, it felt great when he said I had ovulated but I needed to know if I hadn't, because there are other steps to take, I always see threads on here for what to do next if you're not ovulating or, for example, Clomid doesn't work.

Take the power back!! :hugs:

hope this cycle matures a good egg for you with Clomid.

I have decided to temp this month, have not for over a year or so. Why, because I want to see if I get that temp rise. I do not POAS as I have never made much of a line on them anyway even when obviously ovulating. Previous blood tests show all still working and even a scan in the summer showed ovaries working, had three folicles, no bfp that month :|

It is a bit like russian roulette at our age for eggs that can actaully be fertilised and/or progress I feel.

Cheers Heavenly. Y'know i think i will! Getting hitched in April so alot to organise at the mo (plus honey-moon :D) and when thats all over i'll start the ball rolling i think. Thank you. Its better to know.

Greens - i temped very carefully for 6 months and saw a good shift everytime. I learnt alot about my body but found it was making me a bit obsessive which was doing bad things to my relationship with OH. I decided to ease off the temping (it was hard, lol, like giving up a drug) and try to be more relaxed. Started to take my temp only through ov week. Like you i want to see that temp rise - then relax and try and forget about it. Those bloomin POAS ... i get about 3 days of strong lines which confuses things, so i dont do those anymore either. Russian Roulette sounds about right .... keep on keeping on :hugs:

I am no good with temping so have only used the ClearBlue Fertility Monitor, but I know that doesn't definitely mean you ovulate so when I saw the FS on Monday and he said it was all systems go with the Clomid, it was good to know!!

Ladies, I have news. I have EWCM for the first time in AGES. Watch out, hubby2b hee hee!!!!!

:sex::spermy::bunny::wohoo::sex::dust:

Mind you, with all our issues, what's the point (except lots of GOOOOOD sex!)

Heavenly - glad you've got what you needed - having control does make you feel better!

PS glad this thread has taken off again - things were a bit quiet for a while!
Booth - if you're around, how're you doing? x

I have just ordered this book, supposed to be really helpful!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Taking-Cha...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1327112781&sr=1-1

Reb congrats on the EW have lots of fun!!!!!!!

Afm i have been sick for 3 days now not fun started as a sore throat then hit my gi track fun. thankfully it is almost over - Only good thing is i got to enjoy our new mattress (im in love with the mattress).

going to an outdoor hockey game tomorrow if i feel good enough keeping my fxd the weatherman is right and its sunny and no wind chill- a warm tropical island sounds pretty good right now.

pmcd - am a bit worried about your relationship with mattress - sounds a bit like you're getting side-tracked from what goes on ON the mattress! Don't overdo it if you've been ill...
Heavenly - will look up book later - looks good x
Mistyy and Greens - I gave up with the temping as I got so bog-eyed at the end of each month and would wake up with a pounding heart hoping not to get a temp. drop, so I gave up. Hope you don't get that obsessed!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->