TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

GLOWIE!!! How nice to see you! And you're about to pop. It's so exciting when one of our graduates pops! How're you feeling? x

REB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hugs::hugs: in a word I'm feeling FAT :haha: Mostly I'm fine but bored really so want baby to be here now!

When are you/or have you started treatment? :thumbup:

Glowie, how lovely to hear from you. And so happy that you are almost there. I pray that baby arrives safe and well any day now. :hugs:

GLOWIE!!! How nice to see you! And you're about to pop. It's so exciting when one of our graduates pops! How're you feeling? x

REB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hugs::hugs: in a word I'm feeling FAT :haha: Mostly I'm fine but bored really so want baby to be here now!

When are you/or have you started treatment? :thumbup:

Good luck Glowie hope all goes well with the birth hope lo doesnt keep you waiting too long, so know how your feeling ,

Hope every1 else is having a good weekend and Good Luck reb fx`d for you and all you other ladies :flower:

hello all,
Glowie - I started on Friday - day 3 of downreg. I had to start 2 days earlier than usual due to short cycles, but no symptoms yet. Steve has hidden all the knives! Sorry you're feeling bored, the last few weeks must be hair-tearing. Oh well, you soon get to meet your tummy guest!
Maryanne - you're nearly there too! Wow, it's quite a time for us old gals! Lots of piccies when they arrive, ladies - don't forget! x

Maryanne! gosh not long for you either :hugs:

Reb - I will keep stalking and following your journey :hugs: will let you know when LO decides to make an appearance :winkwink:

Reb, sure you made the right decision and fingers crossed for you x

Ooo the next couple of weeks or so are going to be very exciting with the imminent arrivals of baby Glowie and Maryanne. Can't wait for those pics and how lovely to see you both here again. Hope everyone had a great weekend and the mothers amongst you were spoilt rotten.:hugs:

I haven't disappeared Nise...I follow you all regularly :winkwink::hugs: I'm just waiting for you all to join me.....don't give up :hugs:

I haven't disappeared Nise...I follow you all regularly :winkwink::hugs: I'm just waiting for you all to join me.....don't give up :hugs:

Aha! so you are the silent, ninja stalker :ninja: I hope you don't have to wait to much longer for the rest of us - would be good to turn this thread into a parenting one.
AFM - well, I am defunct! My giving up button seems to be completely missing :rofl:

It's my consultation with the Fertility Clinic at 5pm today. There is so much paperwork to fill in, it has baffled me a bit. I am bringing with me my FSH results and OH's SA results. Will find out my AMH results today.

Hope everyone had a pleasant Mother's Day yesterday, whomever it was spent with. xx

:hi: girls, I feel almost bad posting here again after so long :blush: sorry....but it doesn't mean to say I've not been doing a bit of stalking/lurking as you do pop up on my 'subscribed' list and have been meaning to post to see if there's any news on Glowie and as if by magic *poof* :dust: there you are! Not long now :winkwink:

Reb, saw your news too, got absolutely everything Xed for you :thumbup:

Heavenly, really hope all goes well today :hugs:

Nise, Spoomie, Miss C, all of you :hugs:

AFM, I'm still here, still TTC (but now even older at 42 :haha:), still absolutely F all, not one sniff of a BFP :grr:. DH iminently off for SA testing and then me off to FS once he's 'been done'. Never thought it'd come to this but...glop....here we go.....:flower:

It's my consultation with the Fertility Clinic at 5pm today. There is so much paperwork to fill in, it has baffled me a bit. I am bringing with me my FSH results and OH's SA results. Will find out my AMH results today

Good luck Heavenly... Hope it went well.

Well, bit confused.

Just had a consultation at the Agora Clinic in Brighton. Wasn't told anything I didn't know. AMH is 1.97 which is fine for my age, but very low for fertility. She said OH's SA was fine, she said it was obviously up to us but she didn't recommend assisted conception due to my age, the odds are just too low. So I said we had already decided about DE and she said that was what she was going to suggest.

She said we should put our name down for their Egg sharing list. We can have the treatment at Brighton, which would be very convenient. They don't do egg donation though at Brighton just egg sharing. . I am not sure what the difference is between egg donor and egg sharing though. She was vague about the differences (you could tell she wanted us to stay at the Agora), apart from saying you only get half the eggs with egg sharing. So surely it's a better option to go with an egg donor? :wacko:

Anyway, she said for us to carry on TTC naturally and to take DHEA, which I already have at home but not taken yet and to let her know if we want to be put on the list, with our requirements. It's £5300, plus meds, would be between £6k & £7k for egg sharing at the Agora.

I think we will try another couple of clinics for consultations (I know we will have to pay again), that do egg donation as well as egg sharing. I need to have as much as info as possible.

Which choice is better, egg donor, or egg sharing? Just when I thought I had got my head around something...something else pops up!!

Heavenly, sorry don't really know what to advise but i had friends who went through this and i believed it was more beneficial to the egg donor. If the egg donor is prepared to share they can in some cases get their treatment free as they give half thier eggs to another woman. Not quite sure the advantages are to you other than fewer eggs.

Hope it all goes well for you x:)

Glad that the option for treatment is there for you heavenly. My understanding, which is probably wrong, is that an egg donor is just that - they go in to donate a bunch of eggs but they don't have any intention of having a baby themselves and so they get paid for the egg donation. But egg sharing is when someone is going through an ivf cycle but maybe they have to pay for it themselves but they share the cost of some of it (I guess meds and egg retrieval and stuff) so that you get half the eggs each and share the cost of retrieval.

That of course could be rubbish! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

That message that pops up EVERY SINGLE TIME you post is very annoying if there are any mods around! :grr:

Heavenly - a friend of mine went to Barcelona for her DE - much cheaper, really expert, lovely little boy. I can get you the name of the clinic if you like.

Heavenly, sorry don't really know what to advise but i had friends who went through this and i believed it was more beneficial to the egg donor. If the egg donor is prepared to share they can in some cases get their treatment free as they give half thier eggs to another woman. Not quite sure the advantages are to you other than fewer eggs.

Hope it all goes well for you x:)

Thank you hun. xx

Glad that the option for treatment is there for you heavenly. My understanding, which is probably wrong, is that an egg donor is just that - they go in to donate a bunch of eggs but they don't have any intention of having a baby themselves and so they get paid for the egg donation. But egg sharing is when someone is going through an ivf cycle but maybe they have to pay for it themselves but they share the cost of some of it (I guess meds and egg retrieval and stuff) so that you get half the eggs each and share the cost of retrieval.

That of course could be rubbish! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I just do not understand which would be the better option for me. Obviously I cannot donate eggs because of my age, but don't know what treatment I should go for, an egg donor or an egg sharer. :wacko:

Heavenly - a friend of mine went to Barcelona for her DE - much cheaper, really expert, lovely little boy. I can get you the name of the clinic if you like.

Thank you. I have been researching Clinics abroad, Valencia, Prague and Athens. I would be looking at around £7k in this country, including meds.

Well, done a bit more digging today.

Found the National Gamete Donation Trust, which puts you in the right direction.

They advertise when they have egg donors available, what a fab idea!

SEFC (Tunbridge Wells): We have an egg donor here for whom we need to find a suitable second recipient. We are hoping for the proposed cycle to start as soon as possible.

Our ovum donor is altruistic, 31 years old, brown eyes, brown hair, slim build, white Caucasian.

It's a fab website, lists all the clinics in the country which offer egg donation.

https://www.ngdt.co.uk/finding-an-egg-donor

Will be making an appointment at the SEFC next month some time as have to fork out for another consultation charge!

Sorry for long posts, it's just my head is exploding at the moment, and I can't find an egg donor thread on the Assisted Conception Board, which is a bit strange. I have created my own and there are a handful of posters but I am the only one actually looking into it at the mo.

Love to you all. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->