TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

What a gorgeous girl, what's your story ciar? I love to read successes x

I had my first baby nearly 23 years ago. Six years ago, I met my partner. I moved across the United States from California to New York when my oldest started college. She wanted a baby brother. The next baby was dead easy. I had been here almost exactly six weeks at conception. When that one turned two, we started trying again and within a couple of months we were expecting again. That one didn't seem quite right and I was trying to get excited but I started bleeding at seven weeks and that was that.

We were still actively trying but only with regular sex and intimacy. No temping, no charts, no supplements besides prenatals and omegas (flax seed oil, not fish oil). Nothing seemed to be happening. I had just turned 41 when we started with the one that miscarried and still nothing when I turned 42 seven months after it. I was getting pretty down and got on this board here one year after starting trying. Honestly, I had just about given up when I got that bfp three months after meeting the ladies here.

My last little miracle was born 11 days before I turned 43. Just about three weeks later, my OH and I got married.

Nothing really exciting but there you have it.

Wow great story! My daughter is now 21 and here I am trying hehehe glad to know it worked for you. My husband and I have been married for almost 2 years now so age and all we had to give it a shot. Here we are still trying.

Amazing Ciar, thank you....so inspiring. Sorry about your losses, must have been dark days there! Congrats on getting married too. We got married in April last year (same day as royals) and been trying since then, not long in comparison to some, but 11 months sure feels long to me lol. I have a 16 year old, he has an 8 year old, but nothing so far for us as a couple. Fingers crossed, your story shows it can happen! X

Okay, one more picture. This is my three girls from January before the older one went home from her holiday visit.
https://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww110/ciarhwyfar/DSCF1138.jpg

beautiful family and story char

AFM comming up on ovulation any day

I have booked a chriopractor for my running to see if it will help and im going to see a accupuncturist to see if it will help conception.
were painting again this week yeah- fixing up the house and upcomming renos will keep me busy and hopefully not so preoccupied with my cycle.

Lovely pics of your gorgeous girls, Ciar - might have taken a bit getting them all here but well worth it I'd say. Thanks for sharing, it's always nice to read some positive stuff.

AFM - well, I'm currently being shouted at by the cat who I hasten to add has already been fed, little piggy! Hope everyone has a lovely sunny weekend. :hugs:

Come on, Aunt Flo. The one time I need you to show up and I'm getting the longest cycle I've ever had. Huh.

Okay, here is the promised pictures. The first is Gwyneth from this morning the second is from a couple of weeks ago.
https://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww110/ciarhwyfar/Munchkinette/DSCF1150.jpghttps://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww110/ciarhwyfar/Munchkinette/DSCF1146.jpg

Lovely pictures, thank you. xx

Heavenly... Good luck in your decision making. Maybe a clinic that does both donor and sharing will give you more impartial advice. Or at least now you know a bit more you can ask the right questions.

On mobile device and too tiresome to type anymore...
ATM:coming up near ovulation hopefully... Trying too follow sperm meets egg plan.

Thank you, now we know we are going down the ED route, it's all going on the back burner now, as we have to save up, so shall just be TTC naturally and have a relaxing Spring and Summer, I am not going to stress about my body anymore every month. What will be, will be. :flower:

Good luck for this month! :hugs:

beautiful family and story char

AFM comming up on ovulation any day

I have booked a chriopractor for my running to see if it will help and im going to see a accupuncturist to see if it will help conception.

Sounds like a good plan, I start acupuncture on 5th April as well.

AFM - well, I'm currently being shouted at by the cat who I hasten to add has already been fed, little piggy! Hope everyone has a lovely sunny weekend. :hugs:

My cat speaks to me ALL the time, not about food though, just never shuts up! :haha: Have a lovely one as well. :hugs:

Come on, Aunt Flo. The one time I need you to show up and I'm getting the longest cycle I've ever had. Huh.

Hope it shows up soon. :hugs:

AFM, major leg ache today as we went for a mega long walk alongside a golf course yesterday, very hilly and very beautiful. Going for another long one today!

Love to you all. xx

Yeah painting is done!!! We survived. Now to plan the loft renos and basement ones.

Wierd my boobs are really tender like af is coming, but i either just ov or am going to
not sure what is up with that

Have a great day everyonr

Gah! Aint that always the way! Of course I'm hoping the stork turns up instead. :hugs:

Nise - I already tested! BFN as usual.
Heavenly - nice that you're so relaxed and I'm sure DE will work out for you. I'm seeing my friend who cycled in Spain this week so will be sure to get the details for you. She has nothing but praise for them. Lucky you living in gorgeous Sussex and nice walkies!
pmcd - when you're done, my flat needs painting...! ;-)

no me first please!!! I have the furniture moved out and dust sheets down and the tins of paint etc in the middle of the nursery floor and it has been that way for 2 weeks!!!!

Reb & miss c I'm game as long as you pay my return airfair
I've always wanted to go to London ( unless you live in London Ontario) & Australia

Painting roadtrip vacation :)

Here is my weird lOgic for today. When I was a single girl I was quite content, but still thought it would be nice to have a hubby...over a period of time I prepared space in my house for one: I reduced amount of clothes I had so there was empty wardrobe space for him & I went through some photos and threw out all pics of exes, made an ideas box for a wedding....not long after that I began a relationship with someone I married. The past few months we have bought little bits n bobs fir our future baby & today we moved shelves from the bedroom to the lounge to make enough space for a cot. Also began referring to a future baby as the wee one, it really exists somewhere out there lol. Just slightly crazy enough that it may trigger something somewhere?!

just married - that's gorgeous! I hope it works quickly x

hello everyone i am new to this site.. i have turned 40 last month and we are ttc for more than a year now.. my doctor prescribed me 50mg of clomid and i've took it 5-9 days.. and also she gave me duphaston and follicare.. well after taking the clomid i have noticed an increase in cm.. i guess i ovulated earlier than expected.. and i just finished my 15 days of duphaston.. with follicare it is still on-going.. for the past couple of days i've been having cramps / pulling on my lower abdomen also i have been tired and sleepy.. i've also been having dry mouth feeling.. could it be that i ovulated early and that what i am feeling now are implantation symptoms? btw i am now on cd22 (my normal cycle is 28-32 days).. can anyone been through the same situation as me and find out later that they are pregnant and got their BFP?

Nise - I already tested! BFN as usual.
Heavenly - nice that you're so relaxed and I'm sure DE will work out for you. I'm seeing my friend who cycled in Spain this week so will be sure to get the details for you. She has nothing but praise for them. Lucky you living in gorgeous Sussex and nice walkies!

Thank you for that, hope she is successful!! xx

Here is my weird lOgic for today. When I was a single girl I was quite content, but still thought it would be nice to have a hubby...over a period of time I prepared space in my house for one: I reduced amount of clothes I had so there was empty wardrobe space for him & I went through some photos and threw out all pics of exes, made an ideas box for a wedding....not long after that I began a relationship with someone I married. The past few months we have bought little bits n bobs fir our future baby & today we moved shelves from the bedroom to the lounge to make enough space for a cot. Also began referring to a future baby as the wee one, it really exists somewhere out there lol. Just slightly crazy enough that it may trigger something somewhere?!

That is so lovely. That is very Feng Shui...read about that if you want to conceive, getting the bedroom ready for a baby. :hugs:

Reb - hope turns up soon, always the way when you want it too is always late.!!

Heavenly, loving the attitude, hope you have very relaxing time and you never know what may happen :)

Welcome Lhendie, sorry no really constructinve advice but wanted to say hi. i have just started at the consultants so waiting for tests etc before taking anything!!

AFM, well had a busy couple of weeks so not really been posting just dipping in to see if any good news!! Scattered mums ashes last Saturday on her birthday so another part of the process over, then mothers day and my birthday so not really much hope this month as haven't felt like doing anything!!

Good look to all you testers though an hope for some Christmas babies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"