TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Not to worry you Garfie. My bubbie had it done on nhs and he does nt remember a thing and did nt feel a thing. You ll just need someone to pick you up afterwards as he was really woozy and not 100 % with it for a few hours

PIPPI - It won't be that bad then (and here was me worrying) - I have also had a m/c and that was terrible :cry: so this will be just a walk in the park! :rofl:

My hubby will take me and pick me up as it's being carried out in the Hospital which is quite a way from where we live.

:hugs:

X

Reb, I've just been on the edge of my seat reading through the pages of this journal. So delighted to reach a happy ending. Hope the transfer went well and you are resting up now. Still keeping everything crossed. :hugs:

Garfie - I had a colposcopy years ago after slightly dodgy results to a smear. It wasn't much different to having a smear to be honest - just a bit longer.
Sorry to hear you won't get much help from the NHS - doesn't surprise me though, even if you've got no children they're not helpful once you've past 36. You can get your bloods done via your doctor though, you are entitled to have that done at least. :hugs:

NISE - Seems like calposcopies are quite common and I am daft to worry :rofl:

So if you don't mind me asking in your ticker it says 10 days to screening (what does that mean?) I am trying to learn all the terms but I'm quite new here and it can be a bit daunting it's like a whole new language :dohh:

X

Garfie, is your calposcopy laser? I have had one too due to pre cancerous cells... I had it quite bad and lots so I had a general anesthetic.

It is not too bad... you may be a little sore and bleed a little, but compared to a m/c it is an absolute breeze.... please don't worry.

Despite my genetic problems I was still turned down by the NHS at 35... and I have no kids either... absolute crap!!

Garfie, is your calposcopy laser? I have had one too due to pre cancerous cells... I had it quite bad and lots so I had a general anesthetic.

It is not too bad... you may be a little sore and bleed a little, but compared to a m/c it is an absolute breeze.... please don't worry.

Despite my genetic problems I was still turned down by the NHS at 35... and I have no kids either... absolute crap!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

NISE - Seems like calposcopies are quite common and I am daft to worry :rofl:

So if you don't mind me asking in your ticker it says 10 days to screening (what does that mean?) I am trying to learn all the terms but I'm quite new here and it can be a bit daunting it's like a whole new language :dohh:

X

It's the initial screening assessment to see if we are suitable to possibly adopt.

That's outrageous, how could they turn you down at 35!!!! I would have been fuming, as I suspect you were. I'm so sorry to hear this. :hugs:

PADBRAT - I'm not sure whether it is laser or what they are actually doing I was told I will get a letter in the post with the details.

The NHS is rubbish really so what is your next stage do you have to go private? - I feel for you hun I really do.

X

I couldn't read the pages fast enough my eyes were whizzing and whizzing for the updates from Rebs - so with the time diff etc I guess little blasts are on board now and starting to make themselves comfy - dig deep little one/s - dig deep!

Thanks to you all, you lovely, special people who've been sharing this journey with me for such a long time. Two embies boarded Mummy this afternoon at 4pm, Prune and Raisin, my little beans. Prune is a grade 2BC blast (my last was 4BA 4 is better than 2) and the other, Raisin, is still a morula but with potential. They gave me a lovely picture and the doctor was fantastic - really realistic, but encouraging and kind. Test is next Thursday. I am fine, happy, ready to take whatever comes (although we really don't want twins!)
Padbrat - the NHS is crappy, but if you can scrape the money together I'd go private any day. My cycle at the Lister has been flawless, whatever the outcome and compared to the formulaic approach of Kings, light years ahead. It's a lot of money, but there you go.
I've forgotten who's having a colposcopy! It did make me giggle when someone got muddled up with colonoscopy and started talking about their OH having a colposcopy! Ouch! I had one, it was less painful than a smear and in doing a biopsy he took the pre-cancerous cells away too. Good luck x
Thanks for being there today, you lot x

Prune and Raisin, GO GO GO! ANd Reb you DO want twins, you just don't know it yet :haha: After my last mc I dreamed that I would get twins as my reward for all the pain. You deserve your reward and I am crossing everything that you get it xxx

Go team prune and raisin

So question
I did a opk it was pos but I went to grab my phone to snap a pic and got side tracked when I got back it was neg
Is that a false pos?

And I'm peeved at doh I'm fertile and he turns me down darn twit & I was horney - men ugh ( he didn't want to be tired for hockey tonight - he finally rejoined he promised if I got back into running). Hopefully he has energy left after

I am scheuled to have a consultation on 5/3. I completed my health history and blood work and my FSH level is 9. Acccording to the nurse all my levels are good, no thyroid issues. The next thing is to make sure the surgery can be done. I eat, sleep and dream about baby stuff, I am anxious and nervous all at the time.:wacko::winkwink: Has anyone had a reversal and if so what has been the outcome??

Prune and raisin :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:love it ,praying so hard for you that this is it for you gorgeous lady ,:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Go team prune and raisin

So question
I did a opk it was pos but I went to grab my phone to snap a pic and got side tracked when I got back it was neg
Is that a false pos?

And I'm peeved at doh I'm fertile and he turns me down darn twit & I was horney - men ugh ( he didn't want to be tired for hockey tonight - he finally rejoined he promised if I got back into running). Hopefully he has energy left after

God I hate it wen men do that :growlmad:I hope he had energy later for you ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

REB - It was me about the colposcopy - I didn't think men had them either but hey you learn something new everyday!

How are you feeling I hope you are taking it easy and little PRUNE & RAISIN are settling in for their 9 month holidays - Twins would be fun don't you think and I'm sure you would cope after waiting this long.:happydance:

CTS - I've never had a reversal - but hoping it all works out for you.:hugs:

X

:holly::yipee::holly::yipee::holly::yipee: Cheering on Prune and Raisin. Come on little beanies, you can do it. :hugs:

CTS - Welcome. I'm sorry I know nothing about tube reversal but will be willing yours to be a success. :flower:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: for mixup between colposcopy and colonscopy! Oucheee. :hugs:

Have a good day everyone. :hugs:

Thanks girls!
CTS - I don't remember anyone on our thread having had a tubal reversal - here's hoping you're all set for the surgery soon.
Prune and Raisin say hi to y'all! I am feeling very serene. There are no frosties to freeze, P and R are the last blast (get it?!? blast= blastocyst hee hee!) If they don't make it, they will have been the best loved microscopic cell sets on the face of the planet x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->