TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Lol to the big double teated bottle! I love hearing about how child rearing was done in the old days. I agree that there probably was a natural rythum going on there that is quite beyond all the POAS and She Oak you could shake a stick at. It was a different world back then ay? I read an old article recently (posted on Mumsnet) about how it used to be recomended to leave baby out in the garden in its pram for at least 3 hours a day whatever the temp out there! Holy cow! Horendous. On the subject of bygone times if any of you fancy a laugh, google "Lysol douche ads". Read them! OMG :rofl: (Lysol was a strong household disinfectant by the way) Way off topic really but worth a look.

Beetle - Hello again. You sound rushed off your feet hun! I'm thinking the relaxed attitude to ttc is really healthy. Any more pics of Foxy?

Bambine - :hug: Does your IVF clinic have any sugestions about what to do next? Do they offer any councelling at all to help you decide your next steps?

Pippi - great to hear you had a good time away with DH. Well done getting a tan!

Garfie - i'm 5DPO today so i'm with you too this month :thumbup:

Spoomie - i was thinking about what you said about just having FF on its basic free level. You're prob'ly dead right about it being better for eliminating the frantic chart overlaying. I do that too! :roll:

I'm going to try to post a couple of wedding pics in a minute. Lol. This may or may not turn out well!

:hi: Beetle, Gosh you have been busy and there was us thinking you'd taken puppy for a walk and disappeared into the sunset! Am now having high hopes for you - relax and forget about it and it'll happen - that's what they say! :hugs:

Well, I'm a bit pissed off today to say the least. This morning I received a text message from the Social worker wanting to confirm our meeting on Fri, in the message she said that Little girls grandma had told her we never got her letter!!! I rang her and told her we did get the letter and I was confused as to why L would say that. Anyway that aside the SW then said it wouldn't be possible to meet the little girl as she herself had only just met her and it was clear that the little girl does not understand why she is with a foster carer in the beginning. SW said she has a lot of work to do with her before we could meet.

OH was really cross and wanted to cancel going, he is having to loose work which he was just about Ok with on the proviso we were meeting the little girl - but now he doesn't see the point (he's since come round a bit). I'm disappointed but really want to know what's going on and cross coz it's costing over £100 to go and say hello to a bloody SW. Had I known this was going to happen I would have insisted the SW come to us and they foot the bloody bill. Why oh why does everything always have to be so hard. :brat:

I read an old article recently (posted on Mumsnet) about how it used to be recomended to leave baby out in the garden in its pram for at least 3 hours a day whatever the temp out there! Holy Cow

That's SOO weird, I was actually talking to dh about that yesterday! We were talking about silver cross carriages and how they were used to lug everything except babies haha, and how there was a practice to harden babies against the cold by putting them outside every day. My mum even did this for my now 36 yr old brother, she wrapped him up for a sleep & put him out in the garden right outside the kitchen window so she could hear if he woke up! A mother I used to childmind for also did this in 1993, until she came out into the garden to find a neighbours child who had severe learning difficulties standing holding the baby! So I don't think I'd ever do it, too precious to risk, but I would def make sure I got out as often as I could in the fresh air for both our sakes lol x

Reb - I didn't want to tag this on to my miserable post! I'm still thinking of you and your precious cargo and just wanted to wish you all the very best for tomorrow. Come on fertility fairies, work your magic. :hugs:

:flower:
Hello all! Been in the land of no wifi. Thanks for all your hopes and thoughts for tomorrow. F.....g nervous. xxx
Spoomie - wow, long cycle, fingers crossed;
Mrs Mistyy - CONGRATS!!!
Nise- what a bummer, I can't believe the hoops they put you through, starting right away.
Booth - glad puppy-mum is working out! Aren't they gorgeous?!?
Sam - good decision xxx
Bambine - I hope you're doing okay. Lots of hugs.

I'm sure I've forgotten nearly everyone, but I'm a wee bit distracted....
xxx

To all my REAL Friends :)

Thank you again today for riding this tide with me, Booth, Despie, Butterfly, Garfie, Mistyy, Beetle, Pippi and Reb, your comments make me feel so nurtured and loved. Still no sign of af, though I'm anticipating my temp will fall through the floor tomorrow am and then at least I'll know for sure. I checked back through my cycle list this morning and my luteal phase goes something like this: 13, 12, 14, 12, 12, 13, 13, 12, 14 etc etc since mc so heaven alone only knows where bloody 17dpo comes from with two negatives along the way?! Some sick joke my perimenopausal body is playing on me, no doubt......!!!

Sam, GOOD CALL! Girl power and all that :thumbup: I hope you feel empowered by your decision. He is history, now on to bigger and better things :)

Nise, what an absolute bugger. This whole area still astounds me, despite all the outraged reports in the press about how the process should not take so long, the hoops are staggering and disheartening. At the very least I pray that Friday's meeting gives you some confidence to go forward :hugs:

Dearest Reb, Prune and Raisin, I hope you are all doing well and I look forward to you all making your blossoming relationship public tomorrow :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Goodnight ladies xxx

Spoomie I hope AF stays away and sends a BFP in its place :D

Reb...FXd and lots of :dust: have you done a home test yet? I could not hold off and wait hehehe

Spoomie and reb big big fx'd for you both tomorrow
I know we're all cheering for you

Tmi today when I went to the bathroom I noticed a spot of blood none since
I'm about 7-10 dpo af is due next tues
I don't want to think too much into it but I'm praying I'm not gonna spot for the next 6 days till the evil af comes

Spoomie and reb big big fx'd for you both tomorrow
I know we're all cheering for you

Tmi today when I went to the bathroom I noticed a spot of blood none since
I'm about 7-10 dpo af is due next tues
I don't want to think too much into it but I'm praying I'm not gonna spot for the next 6 days till the evil af comes

Implantation?

bloody hate that we are all in such different time zones, it is 10am on Thursday here - prune and raisin day and I have butterflies - seriously I do have butterflies - Rebs honey I have everything crossed for you hoping for some positive news.

Oh yes, let's go prune and raisin!!! Hope we hear soon!

Wow 10am thurs it's 840 pm wed here

Implantation maybe itd be nice but I don't want to get my hopes up

Reb... Go team prune and raisin :happydance:

Reb - fingers, toes and eyes crossed here! Sending good vibes petal.

Pdmcd - oooh! Good sign there :thumbup:

Justmarried - God imagine finding someone standing outside with your baby like that :shock: I remember this thing i read also showed a contraption for those who have no garden, living in flats perhaps. It was like a wire cage which you put out like a window box with your baby in it, <mind boggles>

Nise - why on earth couldnt they have let you know earlier than that - Before your hubby organised time off work ect.? That they didnt think the little girl was ready i mean. I am full of sympathy for you - struggling against red tape and easily avoidable mix-ups is infuriating and mentaly exhausting. Will you still go tomorrow then? It seems an enormous amout of money and effort just to meet the SW, as you say.

:hug:

Things will work out i'm sure. It would just be nice if the powers that be wouldnt make the process harder than it has to be.

Dear friends,
Thank you so so much for all your wishes and prayers and hopes - I'm afraid Prune and Raisin didn't make it - clean white BFN this morning.
I'm sad but at peace - I knew our chances were less than 15% when we started and I also knew we had to go through the process before I could dare to think of giving up. For us, IVF was only ever the way for unexplained reasons and now we've tried it twice and our ages are so against us, it is the end of the road for us. This thread has been more than a lifeline to me and you friends all have held all my hopes and joys and sorrows for over a year now. I have been so happy each time someone has got their BFP, rejoiced in every picture of every baby and cried for each little bean lost. I am crying for mine now, but I know we tried everything we could and as I said, I am at peace.
xxx

Dear friends,
Thank you so so much for all your wishes and prayers and hopes - I'm afraid Prune and Raisin didn't make it - clean white BFN this morning.
I'm sad but at peace - I knew our chances were less than 15% when we started and I also knew we had to go through the process before I could dare to think of giving up. For us, IVF was only ever the way for unexplained reasons and now we've tried it twice and our ages are so against us, it is the end of the road for us. This thread has been more than a lifeline to me and you friends all have held all my hopes and joys and sorrows for over a year now. I have been so happy each time someone has got their BFP, rejoiced in every picture of every baby and cried for each little bean lost. I am crying for mine now, but I know we tried everything we could and as I said, I am at peace.
xxx

Bless u sweetie for being so brave ,my heart is broke for you ,I wish I could give u a massive tight hug but please know that I am thinking of you loads ,love u sweetie ,I am glad u are at peace ,love and prayers ,:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

oh crap now I can't stop crying you are so brave and my heart truly is breaking for you. Is it absolute could there be a later test etc? I know nothing of how all that works could they take a little longer to dig in?

My dear dear friend

We are all crying with you for Prune and Raisin. Will reply to your message later but I am sending you so much love and support this morning to uphold you and Steve through the day.

C xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->