TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Barnabibear, I agree, cycles are always pretty irregular after an mc or D&C and AF can often take a while to turn up from what I have heard so please do not stress yourself too much :hugs::hugs:

J_M lol at the HSG and :hugs::hugs::hugs: to you too - seems like there are a few of us feeling a bit down right now.

T, am keeping my fingers crossed as your temps look good - do you think soy changes your post O temps then? :flower:

Yes, where is garfie?

Reb :hugs::hugs: what date is the :wedding:? :happydance:

:hugs: Barnabibear. Oh love i can only echo what others have said too, ie: your body will take its time to get back to a normal, regular cycle. It's no help knowing that when you're feeling like every minute is an hour waiting for something like this though is it? Take comfort from the fact that lots of the ladies here are saying this sounds normal, and your AF will appear soon. I hope it's helping to talk with us here :hugs:

Desperado - sorry to hear about the BFN - BUT, its not over till the fat :witch: sings! Friday's ages away! Fingers crossed here :)

Just married - same for you! Fingers crossed here for you too. BFNs are just THE PITS :growlmad: I hate them and have found they depress me way way more than finding the first AF stains. That just always seems a much 'gentler' let down. And the accompanying CD1 thing with that is always a lift i find. I have vowed not to take another preg test unless and untill i'm loads of weeks late, getting fat and throwing up! :winkwink: ANYWAY - again - Friday's ages away!

Reb - wedding? Wedding! :happydance: When please? And i'm sooooo pleased for you that AF wont be there as a guest, lol. Having just doged that particular bullet (very closely) i'm right with you on that ((hugs)) for CD1 :friends: But its nice to hear you sound bouyant :)

AFM - still no real temp rise. Another pos OPK yesterday. Having spent all that energy fretting about ov happening on Saturday i'm now wondering where the bloody hell it is! :wacko::dohh:

Reb, SNAP, CD1 here too, you are my new Twinny, we're like those women who live or work together whose cycles align! Boo, hiss for us, again :-(

Thank you all for your advice. I hope this turns out to be another :wacko: moment and I prove to be panicking over nothing. Please please let me be stressing about nothing.

I rang my GP and she's done a blood test just to confirm I'm not pregnant which I know I'm not but at least its something I suppose. This waiting and waiting seems to be going on forever and I'm still petrified of the worst having happened.

Here's hoping I end up :blush: because I'm a big nelly-noo-nah and you can all tell me "told you so".

Note to self.... Must remain positive and not think the worst.

Well, I have 1 strip & 1 poas left. I may try the strip tomorrow morning as I've ordered 20 more from eBay & they should arrive by Friday(!)

I put myself in such a downer with the bfn. Woke up dh and had a deep convo about saving up for ivf if the hsg says my tubes are blocked. Yep, the demon doubt is here, and I'm whacking him on the head with my plan b.

I know sweetie it's horrible ,good luck for testing again ,:hugs:

Hi ladies

Sorry to worry you all I am still here (and still pregnant) had my third HCG a week ago it had gone up from 798 to 3443 in a week :happydance:and the Doc said no need for further blood test (just causes stress :wacko:)

I am reading all your posts but I honestly don't know what to say to you except you are all incredibly brave and real troopers.:flower:

I can't begin to imagine what most of you have gone/or going through to get to your dream.

I am still feeling fine at the moment no m/s but who knows if or when that will strike :haha:

I am now awaiting to hear from a Mid Wife to get a scan (10 weeks I think it will be) so if it's not to distressing for you ladies (providing everything is okay) I will put a pic up :thumbup:

On another note I bought a sexy bikini a few months ago to wear on our holiday (July 24) well I have serious baby bloat and it doesn't look too sexy :haha: although hubby is loving the baby boobies :blush:

Good luck to all ladies testing soon :dust::dust::dust:

:hugs:

X

Hi everyone,

Warning, this is not a happy post. As you know I was a bit worried about when I ovulated after my D&c. I think it turned out that it was 8 days later than normal, but I had my +ve OPK and the twinges on my left side (the only sie that seems to do anything) round about day 24. Its now day 40 and no AF. My LP is usually 11 to 12 days so here I am at day 16 and nothing. All tests BFN.

I'm now terrified that the D&C has caused me problems. There's that Asherman's Syndrome where you lose your periods because of scarring and are probably infertile from that point on. Its rare but my luck so far has not been the best, still birth, miscarriage and now this. I've never wanted to see my period so much. I'm so scared that this is it. I'm now broken beyond repair. I shouldn't jump the gun but what else can it be.

Sorry, for this being an unhappy post but needed to just "speak" to someone.

Just wanted to say that at age 40 I had a MC too and an emergency D&C and blood transfusion and I actually fell pregnant THAT cycle with no AF so it can happen :winkwink:
Stop Googling! I also read loads of articles about Ashermans etc I think no AF and BFN probably means you ovulated a lot later than what you thought despite the +OPK...maybe your body geared up but didn't do it and tried again a few days later :winkwink:

Guess what I did this morning? Half asleep & discreetly trying to smuggle an hcg strip from my drawer....I accidentally took an lh and didn't realise until I'd dipped it. I'm one of these weirdos who gets an lh surge before af so of course I got +, unfortunately the last actual hcg was in bedroom, my last poas was all I had hidden in bathroom & of course i had to use it 'just in case' as I know +opk can be lh or hcg. :bfn: not that surprised really

just married i hope the witch stays away and the -ve turns into a BFP

its been so warm here im not sure if im drinking too much but man am i peeing alot the past few days, im not liking it --- too bad it wasnt a preg symtom but im like 7-10dpo so no chance of that

Hope you're all enjoying the lovely SUNSHINE :happydance:

Oh Justmarried are you saying you took a preg test by mistake? Awww.:hug: that really is rotton (but there is still time :))

PDMC - with you on the drinking more peeing more :) I'm back on my low carb diet. I think i put on about 10 stone on my honeymoon, lol, all that pasta and pizza in Italy shot straight to my hips and waist! Got a big posh family wedding to go to in August and i want to look slinky.

Garfie - looking forward to the scan pics. 10 weeks already?! :happydance:

Spoomie - :hugs: for you for your CD1.

Barnabibear - how are you feeling now hun? I hope you've managed to settle your mind a little :hugs:

afm - FF has given me a nice normal trouble free set of cross hairs. <relief> :)

Question - Can i ask if you ladies tend to get 1 positive OPK and then not test any more? Or do you keep testing till they go neg? Its just that when i've kept testing after my first + i can get up to 3/4 days of strong +OPK's and FF doesnt like it! What are your thoughts please?

xxx

Hi Mistyy,

Still in full panic mode. Wake up and cry evry morning when AF isn't there. It might be a touch dramatic but I'm just so tense about this now. Day 18 DPO, 42 days since my D&C. I don't think I'd mind so much if I didn't want to crack on and try again, and my internal clock has gone from a whispering tick tock to shouting at the top of its voice TICK TOCK. My AMH was rubbish, boarder line for even getting pregnant so that help push up the volume to top level. Everyone on here are really great and I did calm down a bit but for maybe 2 hours (lol) and then got right back on the f'reak yourself out' train.
Oh, AF where have you gone....

As for OPK, I keep POAS until they start to get lighter. I usually get 2 or 3 days of +ve and then they start to get lighter. I stop testing after the 2nd -ve. I always do a 2nd incase things are erm.. more dilute and its a false -ve. I used to use a CBFM but I think I had a bad batch of test sticks and the dye just spread in the window, so I got very funky results. Was going to start using it again as soon as I have my first natural cycle.

Barna - Did you dip or pee directly onto the CBFM sticks:flower:

MIsty - Ha ha I wish I was 10 weeks, sorry for the confusion I should be getting a scan at 10 weeks still a few weeks away yet like a month :haha:

Just-married - We've all done daft things I know I have, one month when I was not pregnant I snuck a test (so I thought from my drawer, careful so not to wake hubby) peed on it and got two lines :happydance: :happydance: only to realise it was an OPK and not a pregnancy test.:dohh: Of course the pregnancy test that month was neg.

:dust::dust::dust: when you test again hun.

Good luck ladies catching the eggy:flower:

:hugs:

X

Garfie- LOVING your new avatar! - gives the thread a boost.
JustMarried - hahahaha!! Hope you get a real + soon.
Barnibear - I'm so sorry you're having such a bad time. Have you been back to the docs? If only to tell him how worried you are - he may be able to reassure you. Hugs xxx
Mistyy - I used to just get the one + then stop - why use expensive sticks when you know what's going on - just get :sex::spermy::bunny::sex:
AFM - :wine: - when I fall off the wagon, I just keep falling!!! x

Oh Barnabi i was going to say what Reb said - maybe go to your GP and have a chat? I am absolutely NO expert on hormone levels/tests/ect but i do know you'll feel better doing something about how you're feeling. Plus he/she may be able to put your mind at rest quite easily? For what its worth i'm sure you'll come on soon ((hug)) AF will just surprise you one morning. If you skipped this period completely when would you be due on for the next one, IYKWM? Maybe work towards that and scrap this one. Give yourself some releif from living from minute to minute. You've had a procedure, which although commonplace and safe, is still quite likely to be disruptive to your cycle untill things kick in again. More ((hugs)).

Garfie - sorry :wacko::haha: i got carried away there! Still looking forward to the scan though :) Thank you and Barnabi for your thoughts on OPKs. Interesting. I vaguely remember getting the idea from somewhere (months ago) that you ''should'' stop testing after your 1st + POK and just get on the BDing. Which is fair enough. And i do :) I just wondered how long mine would stay + for ... then <nosey emoticon> started wondering what everybody else does. FF gets a strop on in if a + has been recorded after what she decrees is my ov day. :roll: Plus, yes, there is also the issue of strong wee/weak wee, lol, so i like to double check.

xxx

Barna - Did you dip or pee directly onto the CBFM sticks:flower:

I was a dipper. Can that cause the dye to spread. Once they dried I ended up with two lines but they also seemed quite random. Previous batches had worked just fine. If there's a knack to it then let me know. :haha:

Mistyy, I think I'm just overly calculating when it comes to POAS. Double and triple check. I use the internet strips from Amazon so they don't cost very much or maybe I'd think twice before wasting them.

AFM. Next AF would be due 15th June (ish) so maybe it will happen by then. I did ring GP on Monday and had a blood test to confirm not pregnant. She was meant to follow up with the results and arrange an appointment. I chased today and my GP isn't in and it would appear that my blood test results aren't back. Told me to ring back this afternoon so will see what happens next. Thank you Reb and Mistyy :hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs: Barnabi

Mistyy, I usually only get a + OPK for about 4 hours and then once I see that I test a couple more times to see that it is going down to negative and it is all usually over in 24 hours or so :haha:

Despie, how did you go today? Back to Cd1 for me. Frustratingly, that means I can't get hsg this month as cd7-11 doesn't fall on a Wednesday which is only days my hosp does them.

So, whilst I'm still ignorant of any tubal problem, I'm going to blame a random variety of things (excess weight, immature eggs & lack of ewcm) and give myself a random variety of hoops to jump through (crash diet, soya isoflavones & preseed).

Fingers crossed for all you others in TWW. Mwah!

So on a non ttc note today my doh proposed
I'm engaged!!!!

Now to start to plan our wedding I'm hoping either for aug or oct depends on dd unniversity schedule as we're gonna go to Jamaica

Congrats pcmcd - seems like there has been rush of proposals on this thread over the last few months :wedding: :happydance::happydance:

Damn for cd1 j_m and annoying about the HSG :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->