TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

So on a non ttc note today my doh proposed
I'm engaged!!!!

Now to start to plan our wedding I'm hoping either for aug or oct depends on dd unniversity schedule as we're gonna go to Jamaica

That's so awesome. Congratulations. If you need any advice misty & I are here to help, that right misty? :D

Oh Yay!:happydance: :wedding: Congrats Pdmcd! As Just married says we will certainly get involved with all the nitty gritty details with you :) I love it!

Just married - ((hugs)) for CD1 there. That's a pain about CD 7/11 having to be on a Wednesday!?!?! (dont forget drinking plenty of water in that list of 'things to do this month')

Butterfly :hi: - wow that's quite a small window of +OPK! Although to be honest when i very first started to do OPKs (yonks ago) i was expecting just that. A surge which only lasts a few hours. Seems more like it should be really - i find my long ones confusing :wacko:

Barnabie - :hi: Yes, i think work towards the 15th ish now then and see what happens. How did your docs appt/blood results go?

Waves to everyone else - gotta dash, sun is shinning and i'm getting my car back from the garage in a min after a week of being carless :D (just not looking forward to the bill .... :dohh:)

Need advice ladies. Af is crazy today. I've taken tranexamic acid (I've used it before) to calm it down but it's had no effect and I'm getting worried. :(

Thanks everyone I'm still amazed it happened he totally shocked me
Trust me I'll ask for ideas especially dresses as its gonna be a tropical one

Just married when my cycles were out of whack and I was heavy bleeding I found Blie cohash helped but mostly it was a hot water bottle and massaging the area ( postpartum uterus massages to pass any clots)

You cramp a bit after but you will pass clots and feel relief and less flow
Goodluck hon

Ended up phoning nhs24 after 5hrs of stressing out my mind. Doc said I could take an extra tranexamic acid, but if it gets worse to go to hosp. Dh has 2 gigs tonight & is already stressing in case I can't go. Last time I had anything even close to this was when I was 21, one month after an incomplete 13wk mc and needed a d&c after that. Sorry ladies, don't usually get upset about it as I'm used to nightmarish af, but today has been a bitch xxx

Ended up phoning nhs24 after 5hrs of stressing out my mind. Doc said I could take an extra tranexamic acid, but if it gets worse to go to hosp. Dh has 2 gigs tonight & is already stressing in case I can't go. Last time I had anything even close to this was when I was 21, one month after an incomplete 13wk mc and needed a d&c after that. Sorry ladies, don't usually get upset about it as I'm used to nightmarish af, but today has been a bitch xxx

Aw babes could it have been a chemical sweetie?or is your af usually heavy ?Hope u feel better soon :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Despie, how did you go today? Back to Cd1 for me. Frustratingly, that means I can't get hsg this month as cd7-11 doesn't fall on a Wednesday which is only days my hosp does them.

So, whilst I'm still ignorant of any tubal problem, I'm going to blame a random variety of things (excess weight, immature eggs & lack of ewcm) and give myself a random variety of hoops to jump through (crash diet, soya isoflavones & preseed).

Fingers crossed for all you others in TWW. Mwah!

Sorry babes for cd1 ,am still waiting on af ,my chart has been messed up this month so can't even go by it :shrug::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm engaged!!!!

Now to start to plan our wedding I'm hoping either for aug or oct depends on dd unniversity schedule as we're gonna go to Jamaica

:happydance::happydance::happydance:Congrats :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Aw babes could it have been a chemical sweetie?or is your af usually heavy ?Hope u feel better soon :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I last tested on Thursday although it wasn't a sensitive test. Something's def different. The strange thing is I've had no pain & cramping. Thanks for the hugs! Sorry you're waiting for af, I'm assuming you've had bfns? Have you ever had anything like this happen to you? I know you've been through a lot TTC, just looking for some wisdom instead of the anxiety racing through my head right now.

Hope everyone is well! X

On another note I bought a sexy bikini a few months ago to wear on our holiday (July 24) well I have serious baby bloat and it doesn't look too sexy :haha: although hubby is loving the baby boobies :blush:

Good luck to all ladies testing soon :dust::dust::dust:

:hugs:

X

Garfie - Who cares about sexy bikini's when you've got baby bloat to boast, wear it with pride, you're a winner! :hugs:

Guess what I did this morning? Half asleep & discreetly trying to smuggle an hcg strip from my drawer....I accidentally took an lh and didn't realise until I'd dipped it. I'm one of these weirdos who gets an lh surge before af so of course I got +, unfortunately the last actual hcg was in bedroom, my last poas was all I had hidden in bathroom & of course i had to use it 'just in case' as I know +opk can be lh or hcg. :bfn: not that surprised really

:dohh: that's the sort of thing I would do :haha: Wish it had been a bfp for you though. The sunshine is great :hugs:

Hope you're all enjoying the lovely SUNSHINE :happydance:
afm - FF has given me a nice normal trouble free set of cross hairs. <relief> :)

Question - Can i ask if you ladies tend to get 1 positive OPK and then not test any more? Or do you keep testing till they go neg? Its just that when i've kept testing after my first + i can get up to 3/4 days of strong +OPK's and FF doesnt like it! What are your thoughts please?

xxx

I'm loving the sunshine :happydance: Glad you got a nice set of cross hairs this cycle, just need a nice bfp to round it off now. With regard to the opk's - I used to do 2 a day, one around lunch time and one quite late at night - I always seemed to get a positive late at night which would be gone by the following lunch time - Once I'd got one though I would stop. :hugs:

AFM - :wine: - when I fall off the wagon, I just keep falling!!! x

I am totes with you! :drunk: and have fallen off the temp wagon and the opk wagon - sod it I'm going for the ooops I got pg after one to many method! :haha: :hugs:

Despie, how did you go today? Back to Cd1 for me. Frustratingly, that means I can't get hsg this month as cd7-11 doesn't fall on a Wednesday which is only days my hosp does them.

So, whilst I'm still ignorant of any tubal problem, I'm going to blame a random variety of things (excess weight, immature eggs & lack of ewcm) and give myself a random variety of hoops to jump through (crash diet, soya isoflavones & preseed).

Fingers crossed for all you others in TWW. Mwah!

That's really crappy, hun. Big hugs to you and good luck with the hoop jumping, I'll be passing the shagathon torch to you in the next few days :haha: :hugs:

I'm engaged!!!!

:yipee: Fabulous news and huge congratulations to you, love the sound of Jamaica, it will be wonderful. No experience here in organising weddings, but looking forward to hearing all about your plans. :hugs:

Oh hun, that's a bit scary. I hope it's just an extra heavy AF - sometimes those are a good thing apparently! Hope it eases off soon though. :hugs:

Hmmm wine and chocolate... must be good for the stressed FF gang.... I include me in that little group lol!!

So how are ya my cycle bud Nise? Am on CD 2 ... big temp dip from 36.7 to 35.7... apart from that it is pretty boring lol.

Hey Padbrat, I'm ashamed of being such a crap cycle buddy - work has had me run ragged, with only 1 weeks prep - we start filming on Monday - there just don't seem to be enough hours in the day. Just my luck that next week will be O week!!! How are you getting on, ready for the shagathon? :hugs:

Bfn for me this morning ,temps still pretty high due to taking the soy this month af due Friday ,love and babydust to everyone :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Boo, I was really hoping a few days away from the thread would throw up some new bfp's. So sorry to hear this. :hugs:

AFM - well I have news on the adoption/special guardianship. I wasn't expecting to hear anything for several weeks but I got a call from SW late yesterday afternoon and we now have the all clear to meet with LG. She is suggesting we have a family get together at the Grandmothers, keeping it casual for the first one. She told me that she has spoken with LG who at first didn't want to talk about things but then apparently asked "are they going to be my mummy and daddy"... cue watery eyes! LG also asked if that was Dee from Australia - so it would seem she knows about me. SW reckons the family have spoken to her (must be a bit frustrating for the SW that family keep jumping the gun - sigh!) SW also ended the conversation with a warning about not getting to excited - don't know what that's supposed to mean - maybe it's in case LG doesn't like us! Anyway we have to sort out a weekend now to go up North, not helped by bloody work suddenly scheduling in 2 working Saturdays where there shouldn't have been. Bit annoyed about that, usually we work bank holidays in my industry but they've decided to give us the Jubilee ones off!!! Of course we have to make up for it coz they can't just wipe 2 days off the schedule so now I have to work Sat 23rd and Sat 30th June. I couldn't give a toss about the bloody Jubilee! Oh well, I'm sure we'll sort something out. :hugs:

Cd1 for me ,ffs :nope:nise how could anyone not like you ,I think u are wonderful and am praying really hard it all works out for you ,love and hugs for everyone else ,:hugs::hugs::hugs:Starting to feel really down about TTc ,don't really know wot else I can do or try to get a bfp :shrug::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Desperado - So sorry hun you are back on CD1 the month I conceived I drank natural grapefruit juice from CD1 until O (might be worth a try just a small glass every day) :dust::dust::dust:

Nise - I am one of these that doesn't care what people think (though I don't intentionally upset anyone) so yes I will wear my baby bloat with pride :happydance:

PD - :happydance::happydance: I loved arranging my (second :haha:) wedding Congrats hun

:dust::dust::dust: to all the other ladies

X

Nise - I'm SO excited for you and fingers crossed all goes well for your first meeting x
Despie - lots of hugs my dear, you're always here for all of us, so hug hug hug xxx
Pmdcd17 - CONGRATS on your engagement!
AFM - weekend of decadence with my brother and his new wife (3rd!) x

Nise - I'm SO excited for you and fingers crossed all goes well for your first meeting x
Despie - lots of hugs my dear, you're always here for all of us, so hug hug hug xxx
Pmdcd17 - CONGRATS on your engagement!
AFM - weekend of decadence with my brother and his new wife (3rd!) x

Have a great weekend :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Desperado - So sorry hun you are back on CD1 the month I conceived I drank natural grapefruit juice from CD1 until O (might be worth a try just a small glass every day) :dust::dust::dust:

Nise - I am one of these that doesn't care what people think (though I don't intentionally upset anyone) so yes I will wear my baby bloat with pride :happydance:

PD - :happydance::happydance: I loved arranging my (second :haha:) wedding Congrats hun

:dust::dust::dust: to all the other ladies

X

Thanks for the tip have never actually tried it so I will give it a go ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

hey ya all!

Just am so sorry you are so worried... I have no idea what to suggest, I am sorry x

Nise... how exciting.. although I know you are not allowed to get excited....so I can be excited for you!

Desperado... am with ya... am all outta ideas!

PD how exciting! Congratulations! We renewed our wedding vows in Australia and Hubby prefers that day to our wedding day! I am sure Jamaica will be fabulous!

Garfie congrats on 7 weeks!

Hey Butterfly!

Hi,

Congrats pdmcd 17 on your engagement -so exciting that you were n't expecting it!

Nice to have some progress for Nise- hope you can find a suitable weekend to meet Lg. Bumper with working all those weekends.

Misty- I usually get +opt for one day. I get a faint band the day before and after usually. I find I drink less when doing those test as instructions tell you not to drink for 2-3 hrs beforehand.. Just though at the times I need to drink more.

Sorry to hear you back on cd1 desperado- and that you finding it difficult to keep ttc. I haven't been trying very long but can imagine how you must feel.

Hope af pain has eased just married- miserable to be in pain when the weather is so nice outside.

I've been keeping a low profile here for the last week. I have RSI/chronic nerve pain in my right arm and it flared up last week so had to try rest it as much as possible outside work. Didn't want to take anti inflammatory as on 2ww. if get a Bfn this month as I can take some.... Every cloud/silver lining.

When it was bad I start to ask myself how would I ever cope if we did have a baby. But i Will have to adopt the attitude that whatever will be will be. Maybe a year on maternity leave would help as it would get me away from using the pc everyday which is the main aggravation of it.

My temps a bit higher this month but prob due to being so warm - cant seem to cool our bedroom enought. don't think it's triphasic and ff not getting too excited.

Pippi - so sorry to hear you've been suffering from RSI. I've experienced a touch of that myself and its miserable. I think you are probably dead right when you say that a (maternity:)) break would ease it alot :hugs: With you on the temp/bedroom temp thing. Our room got quite cold as we had all the windows wide open all night, and my temp took a little dip this morning :wacko:

Padbrat - :hi:

Desperado - :hugs: for feeling down about ttc hun. I'm going to give Garfie's tip a go next cycle as well i think. So we can remind each other to drink it if you like :)

Reb - Hope your weekend was fab :D

Garfie - Loving all the :dust: Pleeeease let some settle on me :) Thanks for the grapefruit tip - will try it!

Nise - ooooh its sounding like things are really moving now! How exciting! <remembers SW words> <puts nonchalant face on> :winkwink:

Just-married - :hugs::hugs: i hope AF has calmed down a bit by now for you. I have had something similar TMI warning I came on about 5 days late in the middle of the night once, and literally soaked the bed :( No cramping. Just loads and loads of blood and clots. (we used it as an excuse to get a new matress!) 2 cycles after that i fell preg. I always wonder if my huge AF was a 'misfire' as DH calls it. More :hugs: Sorry i cant offer you any better advice :(

Waves to everyone lurking :hi: Have a good Monday :D

Barnabie - :hi: Yes said:
Mistyy I'm still waiting. Blood test results were in on Thurdsday last week. Friday I rang up and the doc hadn't looked at them yet. Hoping I will hear something today. I've booked a GP appointmentm for 22nd June on the worst case scenario... No AF and 9 weeks from D&C.

The longer this goes on the more I'm wondering if I have to consider I'm infertile now, which is devastating. Trying to not get too down about it and consider that AF could turn up anytime but the longer it goes on the worse I'm getting. Tried to put a brave face on. We've had a bbq every evening since Thursday and have friends over for each one except last night so I've had my entertainment head on for the last few days. All a bit strange having sunshine for more than a couple of days in a row. Maybe summer is finally here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->