TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Barnabibear. I'd echo what every one else said and try not let your mind get carried away with the worst case scenario.
I'm sure AF will arrive in time....you body needs time to adjust after the D&C....try and relax, I know easier said than done.

Think I'm out this month...some spotting this morning and my temp had dipped a bit. Only a 10 day LP which is 1-2 days shorter than usual....although FF put my ovulation date as one day later than usual so maybe its calculations are off a little bit.

We opened the hatch to our attic and its helping with the warm bedroom :)
we got extra insulation in last november and we thought it was supposed to help with warm rooms in summer....but seems it just keeping the heat in even more (sun shines directly into bedroom in the evening)!

Barnabie - my God how long does it take for them to look at some results on a sheet!? Grrrrr. Sorry - i know its not good form to get cross on anothers behalf - but - :nope: You'd think they'd do that simple thing for you.

Glad the BBQ's have been a distraction :) They're forcasting a storm over our way later, it's so hot and muggy out there at the mo i wouldnt be surprised.

I just googled 'missed periods after D&C' and loads of hits came up with ladies saying its been 8, even 11 or 12 weeks since their D&C and worrying where their period was. These were universally answered by other ladies saying 'oh, yeah, that happened to me - it took 'X' no. of weeks but they did come back. Have faith! :):hugs: Its not unusual.

xxx

Pippi - :hugs: for CD1. If it is really unusual for you to have a short LP then i would def. err on thinking FF has mucked up!

Thanks Pippi and Mistyy.

How lovely are you for looking things up on the internet. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Believe me I am trying to stay calm but its tough when there's limited time and 3 months of no AF (if it does come back) is 3 months of no chance to concieve again. I'm driving myself and everyone else around me crazy. You are all so much help.

Still not heard from docs yet! :nope:

Pippi - so sorry to hear you've been suffering from RSI. I've experienced a touch of that myself and its miserable. I think you are probably dead right when you say that a (maternity:)) break would ease it alot :hugs: With you on the temp/bedroom temp thing. Our room got quite cold as we had all the windows wide open all night, and my temp took a little dip this morning :wacko:

Padbrat - :hi:

Desperado - :hugs: for feeling down about ttc hun. I'm going to give Garfie's tip a go next cycle as well i think. So we can remind each other to drink it if you like :)

Reb - Hope your weekend was fab :D

Garfie - Loving all the :dust: Pleeeease let some settle on me :) Thanks for the grapefruit tip - will try it!

Nise - ooooh its sounding like things are really moving now! How exciting! <remembers SW words> <puts nonchalant face on> :winkwink:

Just-married - :hugs::hugs: i hope AF has calmed down a bit by now for you. I have had something similar TMI warning I came on about 5 days late in the middle of the night once, and literally soaked the bed :( No cramping. Just loads and loads of blood and clots. (we used it as an excuse to get a new matress!) 2 cycles after that i fell preg. I always wonder if my huge AF was a 'misfire' as DH calls it. More :hugs: Sorry i cant offer you any better advice :(

Waves to everyone lurking :hi: Have a good Monday :D

That would be loveky misty ,thank you ,:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi ladies,

I've not been on for ages............since beginning of Feb actually!

I'm trying to catch up but there is loads to read. A big congrats to you ladies with BFP's and babydust to all who haven't........YET!

Well my story goes like this.......after 40 mths TTC, 2 losses and a lot of stress me and the OH decided that we would stop officially TTC after January.

OH is in the Navy and away ALOT....dropped by last month, 1 night of BDing.
I got up this morning and thought "hey where is AF, not seen her yet, she should have been here last week".

Did a cheapie tinternet test i had left over and BAM.......BFP :cloud9: clarified it was a FRER and same :thumbup:

OMG :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hi ladies,

I'm trying to catch up but there is loads to read. A big congrats to you ladies with BFP's and babydust to all who haven't........YET!

Well my story goes like this.......after 40 mths TTC, 2 losses and a lot of stress me and the OH decided that we would stop officially TTC after January.

I got up this morning and thought "hey where is AF, not seen her yet, she should have been here last week".

Did a cheapie tinternet test i had left over and BAM.......BFP :cloud9: clarified it was a FRER and same :thumbup:

Omg omg omg :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::hugs::hugs:Congratulations ,wonderful news it just goes to show it only takes once :thumbup::hugs:

Believe me I am trying to stay calm but its tough when there's limited time and 3 months of no AF (if it does come back)
But in this time you have not had any eggs mature so nothing has been lost on that score.
Sure it will pop up around the corner :)

and fab news @oorweeistyin
I hope all goes well for you.

Hi ladies,

WOOHOOOOOOO! xxx

Big congrats oorweeistyinnnn

We got lucky with only 1 bd in dec (sadly had mc) but it just Goes to show you that all it takes is one lucky bd. You hear so much about not tying to actively ttc and you'll fall pregnant... You are def proof.
Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy

Congrats oorw!!!!!

Any of you ladies from Scotland?

My doh is Scottish background I want to encorporate some Scottish traditions in our wedding ( and no he won't wear a kilt he's fourth generation now)
I was thinking of on my dress using his clan tartan and getting him to use that also as a pocket thingy
Suggestions would be appreciated

Got af today but on a bright note I am engage so it seems more legit for us to get pregnant
Doh was so cute told me I was a good catholic today:rofl:

Congrats oorw!!!!!

Any of you ladies from Scotland?

My doh is Scottish background I want to encorporate some Scottish traditions in our wedding ( and no he won't wear a kilt he's fourth generation now)
I was thinking of on my dress using his clan tartan and getting him to use that also as a pocket thingy
Suggestions would be appreciated

Got af today but on a bright note I am engage so it seems more legit for us to get pregnant
Doh was so cute told me I was a good catholic today:rofl:

I'm Scottish :)
Our wedding was very traditional. We had a Celtic theme & linked our invites/thank-yous, my wedding ring, my necklace & earrings, my hubby's sgein dubh & our wedding cake with a Celtic knot called the trinity knot (which would tie in with your Catholicism as it represents father/son/holy spirit).
We thought the Celtic design was less twee than the tartan. But as we both worked for a kilt hire company we also had all our groomsmen in kilts (all designer tartans as we wanted a specific colour rather than a clan tartan). Another touch was our favours were Edinburgh rock (candy) wrapped in greaseproof paper & presented in a muslin drawstring pouch with a thistle embroidered on it. Everything was done to a tight budget too, so if you want to know anything else pm me and I'll give you details.

Congrats oorwee just shows once is all it takes :happydance::happydance:

Pdmc - Why not get a Scottish garter made in his tartan - then you can choose to show it off or just show your hubby :haha: (I surprised my hubby he's a huge Wolves fan so I had a garter specially made in their colours with mine and his name on the bow) he loved it even more than my dress I think :haha:

AFM - Had brown spotting yesterday, was a bit worried but when I looked at the calendar it would have been the day of the :witch: Will still mention it to the M/W (if she ever gets in touch!:growlmad:)

:dust::dust::dust:

:hugs:

X

Congrats oorwee just shows once is all it takes :happydance::happydance:

Pdmc - Why not get a Scottish garter made in his tartan - then you can choose to show it off or just show your hubby :haha: (I surprised my hubby he's a huge Wolves fan so I had a garter specially made in their colours with mine and his name on the bow) he loved it even more than my dress I think :haha:

AFM - Had brown spotting yesterday, was a bit worried but when I looked at the calendar it would have been the day of the :witch: Will still mention it to the M/W (if she ever gets in touch!:growlmad:)

:dust::dust::dust:

X

Hey mrs,

You're right not to worry! I had brown spotting at 8 weeks with my daughter. It last a few days and I was fine. Had healthy baby 29 weeks later. (16 yrs ago!).

Hey thanks guys, I'm so excited but so anxious at the same time.

I am Scottish too!

Yeah I agree with tartan garter idea, tartan sash on your dress or even a ribbon on your bouquet ( I just suppose it just depends what your dress is like)
What is the groom wearing? If he is wearing a cravat, maybe you could have that the same tartan or a waistcoat under his jacket, handkerchief in the pocket, corsage?????

There are lots of little ideas you could have. Perhaps a gift from you on the day to him could be an engraved quaich (google it lol, very traditional).

I have real bad nausea today and the twinging has now moved to my right lower side, over from the left yesterday. Got up to pee 3 times in the night and once this morning. Couldn't sleep either although I am certainly not complaining............bring it on!! I just would really like a sticky bean and don't care if i don't sleep for the next 9 months

Hey ladies

Finally got in touch with an out of town MW (still not able to contact any locally):cry:

Anyway she called me back within 5 mins and has arranged a scan at a hospital for me for tomorrow :happydance: She is disgusted that no one has been in touch especially ahem considering my age :haha: and previous m/c.

Look like the ball is rolling now - still spotting brown trying to stay relaxed :coffee: keep your fingers crossed for me.

X

Thats good news, keep us updated.......I left a message yesterday and still haven't had a call back yet. I think I will just arrange an early scan directly with EPAS!! I don't want to leave it too long.

I am just back from a kettle bell class and i'm really upset as I normally do step, kettlebell and then a cardio 40 class. I only managed one and I'm home, knackered :(

thanks for all the lovely ideas-granted i needed to google what a lot of them were
i think it is neat how we all have different terms for the same things

i loved the garter idea, hes wearing his family tartan tie pocket kerchief my dress belt will be in his tartan.

since the wedding is destination i cant bring alot of stuff with us.

Hi Ladies

Thanks for all your wishes, I will keep this brief.

I have an empty sac measuring 20mm so one of three things is happening:-

1. Early miscarriage
2. Ectopic
3. To early to see (baby is shy!)

I had to have more bloods drawn for my HCG - the results will be back in at about 6.00pm tonight so I will update as soon as poss.

I just feel like crying now, but I am also trying to remain positive.

Keep me in your thoughts ladies.

X

Hi Ladies

Thanks for all your wishes, I will keep this brief.

I have an empty sac measuring 20mm so one of three things is happening:-

1. Early miscarriage
2. Ectopic
3. To early to see (baby is shy!)

I had to have more bloods drawn for my HCG - the results will be back in at about 6.00pm tonight so I will update as soon as poss.

I just feel like crying now, but I am also trying to remain positive.

Keep me in your thoughts ladies.

X

isn't that called a Blighted Ovum? I hope the baby is shy and you can see him/her in an ultrasound soon!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->