TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Hi hun they never said anything about a blighted ovum (although Dr google has told me):winkwink:

Just a few more hours until the bloods are in :flower:

:hugs:

X

I hope the results are good and that you really have a bean in there

Hi ladies may i join im ali 41 and dh is 42 we have 5 boys and trying to concieve baby no 6 which will be our last :( i could go on forever lol,i am today on cd 25 of a 22-25 day cycle and 11dpo,have had headache,backache,creamy cm last few days,and litle bit of nausea around 3pm today,also just got some cramping but no af and cervix high.

I stupidly tested with an opk as no hpt and got 2 strong lines today but bfn when i got an hpt (with my 4th ds i got 2 strong lines on an opk and went out and bought test next day and was positive,although i now know you can get a lh surge just before af).

Garfie fx'd for you hun (how many weeks would you be i didn't get to see a hb till 7 weeks with my 5th ds ( i have had a mc and a mmc so always get an early scan)

Right Ladies

Can anyone explain this to me:-

2 May HCG 32
9 May HCG 798
16 May HCG 3443

The hospital have just phoned yes there is a pregnancy my level is 798 which is good news! - Is it? did they just pluck a number out of thin air. The nurse also said that it wasn't a problem it hadn't increased. Wth that is not my understanding at all.

So upshot I have to have another blood test Friday and more scans in the coming weeks.

X

Garfie, I am confused - you say hcg was 798 on 9th May and is it now back at exactly the same level after being at 3443? Yes that is BS that it doesn't matter if it hasn't increased :flower: Also I am sorry to say that having had a blighted ovum the hcg is not so important as it still increases up to a point - the point is what can be seen in the ultrasound so they should give you another ultrasound a week after the first (which seems to be standard procedure). I am keeping everything crossed for you hon - there is also the possibility that I think if you have a retroverted uterus or something that it is difficult to see anything on the scan until later. When I had my blighted ovum the sac at 7.4 weeks was only 13mm so you have a much bigger sac than that :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dear Garfie,
I don't understand the numbers at all - but am keeping my fingers crossed for you, lots of hugs xxx

Arrgghh no laptop! Borrowing daughters for an hour.

Garfie - really really hoping baby is just hiding and everything will be just fine :hugs::hugs: i know nowt about numbers, but i know that things are very hazy when its so early on and so much can change in a week :) Let us know how you are :hugs:

Waves to newbies Oor and Ali

Pdmcd - all those ideas the ladies have given would be wonderful to give a Scottish flavour to your wedding. How about hiring a Piper (sp?) with bag-pipes to play you out of church?

Despie - i bought some grapefruit juice at the beginning of the week and have started a small glass a day. Its very refreshing isnt it? I think it wont be too hard to stick to this one :)

AFM - temps are up and down like a yo-yo this month :wacko: hopes are low to non-exisitant tbh. Due on around Monday i recon.

I must admit to being a little tearful just now. DH phoned from work (he starts at 6.30am) to say his sister had just texted with the lovely news that she gave birth at 6am to a lovely baby boy. She was due yesterday so bang on time. I am so happy for her of course. I feel like an idiot as half way through my chat with DH about what we'll buy for the baby i just choked up :( I hate mysef for this. Its not jelousy as such. Its sadness for DH and I. And our lost one. I'll snap out of it soon - just a bit emotional right now ... AF symproms prob'ly.

Love to all.

Thanks for all your good wishes and advice ladies:flower:

Phoned the hospital this morning told them I was not happy with the results (fair enough I could understand the levels could be dropping) but surely not to the exact number?

Spoke to a nurse she got the dr to call me back, This is what he said:-

HCG level is 29000 (not 798) good job I questioned it.

Sac is measuring 15.3mm (not 20mm as I was told) and anything smaller than 2cm would be very difficult to see a baby.

No further blood tests needed.

Repeat scan 8 June - to relax and wait, unless I have bleeding/cramping in the meantime I should be able to see something at the next scan.:happydance:

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I am so happy at the moment, he apologised for their error all the way through and the worry it has caused and was pleased that one of us was on the ball (me).

I am just so relieved (have been up since 4.15) Maybe tonight I might get a better sleep.

X

Aw Garfie what a blooming relief! Well done you on being assertive! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back