TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Garfie, I can't imagine what you are feeling to have this happen on nearly the same day a year apart. I hope that you have people around you at this sad time. Hugs and love.

Hi Ladies

Thanks for all your love and support:flower:

The DnC went well - however my stay was like a scene from a carry on film (when I feel stronger I will share) - good old NHS eh:haha:

Physically I am not feeling too bad but emotionally well that's a different matter.:cry::cry:

Will catch up with you all soon until then ladies :dust::dust::dust:

:hugs:

X

Awe, bless you Garfie. It's weird how even the most horrible and averse times can somehow have an element of comedy and farse about them. Stay strong, lovely. :hugs:

AFM - well the witch struck as per usual, but she hasn't managed to bring me down. I'm way to excited. Off now to pick up OH from work and we'll be on our way up North - knowing our luck we'll arrive about the same time as the olympic torch and get all caught up in the craziness! I'm so excited to meet the little girl tomorrow, I hardly slept last night and will be worse tonight as I won't even be in my own bed. I'll come back Sunday and tell you all about it. Eeek!

Hope everyone has lovely weekends and the sun manages to shine at least for part of it. :hugs:

Awe, bless you Garfie. It's weird how even the most horrible and averse times can somehow have an element of comedy and farse about them. Stay strong, lovely. :hugs:

AFM - well the witch struck as per usual, but she hasn't managed to bring me down. I'm way to excited. Off now to pick up OH from work and we'll be on our way up North - knowing our luck we'll arrive about the same time as the olympic torch and get all caught up in the craziness! I'm so excited to meet the little girl tomorrow, I hardly slept last night and will be worse tonight as I won't even be in my own bed. I'll come back Sunday and tell you all about it. Eeek!

Hope everyone has lovely weekends and the sun manages to shine at least for part of it. :hugs:

Have a wonderful weekend ,I am excited for you too ,I know she will love you both :cloud9:,:hugs:Sorry for af ,:hugs:

Hi Ladies

The DnC went well - however my stay was like a scene from a carry on film (when I feel stronger I will share) - good old NHS eh:haha:

Physically I am not feeling too bad but emotionally well that's a different matter.:cry::cry:

X

Sending you big squishy hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi Ladies

X

big big hugs we're all here if you need us

that is exciting have a great weekend

AFM still in the 2ww and feeling beyond bloated i love/hate hormones but im excited we leave in one week for the east coast!!!!

Dear Garfie, lots of love and hugs as you recover;
Nise - SO much luck for this weekend - I hope it goes really well x

Garfie the worst part of my DnC was the hormonal drop/mood swings after... it was like post partum depression I am guessing as I never felt that before...really brutal :hugs: be sure to be surrounded by loved ones for the next few days please.

Garfie, hope you are ok , sending hugs x

Nise - hope your meeting was a success, I am sure it will have been :)

Nise! How did it go?

How are the rest of you girls?

Afm-was a tiny bit naughty today. My nhs clinic only does hsg on wed and it needs to be day 7-11 & you are supposed to phone on cd1 for an appt. But as my fs said they only do THREE ladies per week (?!) I called today and said I was cd1 and booked an hsg - the naughty bit is that af isn't due till wed, but bfn today & next we'd still be within cd7-11 and I've waited so long for my cycle to have cd7-11 on a Wednesday lol!

So just a tiny bit naughty! And a big bit of lateral thinking. If the irony is that af doesn't arrive on wed I will cancel, but that old cackling witch hasn't took a month off yet.

Hugs to all!

Hope your 'scheming' works out Just_married. That's crazy that they just do the tests on a wednesday...especially when you are restricted to certain days.

hope things went well with LG, Nise...

and Garfie hope you are doing ok.

As for me....On the 2ww, Af due on Friday/Saturday. I had spotting everday from DPO 2-4 which has never happened before for me. Although at the time I thought maybe it was a positive thing but now I don't think it was......it was too early for implantation bleeding and my temperatures are n't looking great so I think I'm out this month.
Not sure what would cause the spotting....we bd on 1 DPO but don't think that should cause spotting for 4-5 days afterwards.
If it happens again I'll pay a visit to my GP.....

Pippi - do you mean O rather than cd? Cos I used to get spotting at ovulation time and it was due to a polyp. (benign, had been there forever) but I think you're right to get it checked out next month if it happens again.
Nise - any news? I'm dying to hear from you!
Garfie, how're you doing? x

Pippi - i'm thinking you meant DPO rather than CD? If so i would agree with Reb. Hope all's well though and fingers crossed for your 2ww.

Just married - well done, that sound like exactly what i would've done under those circ's. Only on Wednesdays for goodness sakes ?!? :roll:

Nise - looking forward to your update :)

AFM - i am on the brink of the 2ww. Keep thinking i've ov'd but my temps wont go up and my OPKs are getting stronger every day. Odd.

DH and i were all over each other over the (rather boozy) weekend. No thought to it, just a lusty couple of days. NOW i'm on bloomin tenter-hooks because we last BD on Sunday and since then he's not been feeling well (man flu) and, well, not much up for it due to the over kill at the weekend, but we really aught to be at it again tonight as it appears i still havnt quite ov'd. And of course i cant actually tell him we need to do it a bit more as we're 'keeping things relaxed'. Grrrrrrrrr. Rant over. Sigh.

As you were. :coffee:

Garfie - :hugs:

Waves and hugs to all xxxxx

Hi Ladies

I can see you are all worried about me - I am doing okay still in a dark corner though and not feeling very sociable.

This time seems harder than last - how can that be I know I carried this one longer but still:shrug:

I'm concentrating all my efforts on the house, getting all the little jobs we never seem to get done finished but to be honest I am so knackered after it and I have to give myself a stern talking too when I think what's the point??:shrug: I suppose the grieving process has begun and things can only get better:cry:

Love to you all, thanks for being so understanding:flower:

X

garfie hun i was exactly the same when i had my 2nd mc,seemed to grieve more the 2nd time i think its because i saw the heartbeat and relaxed thinking everything was going to be fine and then found out at 12 week scan baby had died,so technically i had been pg for 3 months but with my 1st i started to mc soon after my bfp and was a complete mc,but the 2nd i needed a d&c.

I went on to concieve quite quickly after both mc,are you trying straight away or have you been told to wait a month

Hi thanks alin3

At least I know I'm not going mad:haha: sometimes I feel like I am and it's just a nightmare (I definitely handled it better last time)

I have been told to wait at least two weeks from the DNC (risk of infection etc) and then to wait a month - but we are thinking of just seeing what happens after the two weeks:shrug:

I am temping (told hubby it's so you ladies can follow naughty I know:winkwink:) but he wants a more relaxed approach.

I have put away my CBFM and OPKs, I can't hide what my body tells me though eh ladies:blush:

I'm trying to carry on as normal - but hell what's normal at the minute :shrug:

X

I also think its partly because you can't believe its happened again,when i lost my 1st i couldn't believe it had happened to me thought was something only happened to other people and then when it happened again i was devastated

you aren't going mad its natural to feel like you do hun,i hope your next one is a sticky and you are more fertile after a d&c as well

Garfie,

I only ever had one mc at 13wks my first pregnancy, when I was pg with my dd 2.5 yrs later I swung between telling myself I'd prob lose that one too or convinced myself that the chances of it happening twice were lower. I don't think we can ever really be nonchalant, complacent or neutral about something which means so much. As a friend I think what you are feeling is natural. When you know the grief it brings you wd dread feeling that again, so second time round will be harder.
Someone also mentioned the hormone dip, don't underestimate how much that can affect your mood, and once the hormones balance out more your mood should improve.

I'm amazed at your strength. You know best yourself when is right to try and I'm glad to hear you are temping! To me that is you looking to the future in a small way, that wee flicker is coming back and it's great to see.

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"