TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

garfie you are so amazingly strong i agree with just married

im not sure what is going on with me af is due on thurs. it has been a wierd symtom month so i dont know what to think i guess thurs will tell. of course it is due right before we leave on our east coast trip

Good to see you are back temping again Garfie . They told me I could try again straight away but mine was a natural mc. Tbh we missed the first month as I didn't realise I had ovulated until it was over.

I think I would find a 2nd mc harder if I had one again...

Yes Reb and Misty, I meant dpo ( i went back and edited my post).Don't know what I was thinking....
Hopefully it does n't happen again ... As ttc is difficult enough without something else going on.

Gosh, sorry to keep you all waiting - Everything has been so full on I've had no time whatsoever to myself since we got back. Everything went really well Had a great 'meeting/family day' despite the rain, LG is just gorgeous and we were both bowled over by her. Despite everything she's been through she seems very well balanced, sweet natured and polite. She plays beautifully with her little cousin who at only 3 is a huge character. LG seems a little older than her 6 years sometimes and is very intelligent and quite a happy child - We didn't get interrogated as I was led to believe we might but we laughed a lot, took loads of photos and my arms have been dislocated from their sockets! As OH said in the car on the way home - if we'd been through the whole adoption process they couldn't have found a better match for us. So now it's fingers crossed and a loooong wait till November which is the final hearing. Social worker is back on the 25th so I will wait with baited breath to hear what LG says about us and hope she liked us as much as we liked her.

My stalking is going to be crap due to long working hours and a 6 day week - roll on Sunday, I'm already knackered! :hugs:

Oh wow, Nise, that's just the most fantastic news. Hugely excited for you xxxxx

Brilliant news Nise :D This seems like it was meant to be x

nise that sound so great, she sounds too cute

so last night we learned his ex finally accepted his offer!!!!! its now official i can give my notice and we can move finally and we set a wedding date oct 13 this year
but on the way to his hockey we were talking about jamacia and on the way home he changed his mind were gonna get married here he wants his dad there not just his mom (his dad doesnt travel outside of Canada for health issues)

so i have a ton of planning nad our renovations to get everything done
now if i get pregnant it would be a bigger gift.

hope your all well

That's great news PMCD :happydance: you're gonna be one busy lady then - but good fun busy.

Thanks for all your kind comments, I'll let you know how things progress. I've got a horrible 6 day week at work and have gone down with the lurgy which is just great and it's O time over the next few days, no idea which one though :shrug: It's strange but I'm not so bothered about it now, can't quite give up all together but I'm not strung out and stressed. Right must get some dinner and then it's bath and bed :sleep:

Often someone gets a bfp when I don't have time to stalk, so fingers crossed for you all. :hugs:

Just thought I'd say hi to everyone. Wales holiday was fantastic.

Garfie, I'm so sorry to hear your news. I can understand how you feel, my mc is still so raw. Bug hugs.

AFM, my af finally finally arrived on day 59 after d&c!! Now,it's just see how this cycle goes. More probs have turned up but will save that for another post!

Great 2 hear af arrived barninear... Wonder did a relaxing holiday help?

Great news Nise about your meeting with Lg. I'm liking the laid back attitude!

Exciting new pdmc...congrats on setting a date. Hope all the planning goes well

hello everyone - sorry for long comms silence. I just needed to put my head under my wing post last MC and just not think about TTC for a while. Have been enjoying Foxy who is growing up fast (now 5.5 months!) and sorting out new home. So finally got the results of all blood tests and it appears that I have a high NK cells count which could be why I keep miscarrying, and also although my thyroid is fine, I have a high thyroid antibody count - so basically my autoimmune system is a bit dodge. This apparently can all be controlled through steroids. So ... we are biting the bullet and going down the IVF route. I'm about 5dpo and they have told me to start the synarel spray and then give them a call once AF comes and then the injections start ... if AF doesn't come and I get a positive test then we go straight onto progesterone and steroids! Ho hum. Dont really know how I feel actually but the decision has been made! Fingers crossed it all works out well!

I really hope you are all OK? Reb how are you doing?
Garfie - I'm truly gutted for you x

hello everyone - sorry for long comms silence. I just needed to put my head under my wing post last MC and just not think about TTC for a while. Have been enjoying Foxy who is growing up fast (now 5.5 months!) and sorting out new home. So finally got the results of all blood tests and it appears that I have a high NK cells count which could be why I keep miscarrying, and also although my thyroid is fine, I have a high thyroid antibody count - so basically my autoimmune system is a bit dodge. This apparently can all be controlled through steroids. So ... we are biting the bullet and going down the IVF route. I'm about 5dpo and they have told me to start the synarel spray and then give them a call once AF comes and then the injections start ... if AF doesn't come and I get a positive test then we go straight onto progesterone and steroids! Ho hum. Dont really know how I feel actually but the decision has been made! Fingers crossed it all works out well!

I really hope you are all OK? Reb how are you doing?
Garfie - I'm truly gutted for you x

Bug hugs sweetie :hugs::hugs:great u have some answers and praying you get your sticky bean soon :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi Beetle - good luck with the IVF - feel free to PM me if you want any sage words from one who's been there already! I'm pleased that you, like me, have found the answer to MC - I didn't have any problem with the steroids - although obviously with a BFN I stopped them after a few weeks. Good that you don't have to do heparin - the other IVF injections are easy-peesy, don't let anyone tell you otherwise - heparin HURTS! Anyway, here's HUGE hoping you get the golden egg that I didn't. Just keep drinking plenty of water and try to keep on an even keel emotionally! Lots of love and fingers crossed xxx

Was just thinking about you the other day beetle :hugs: Good that they have found something that can be treated so I will keep everything crossed for a successful ivf :thumbup:

Best of luck Beetle. I've been wondering about the ivf route myself but because my AMH levels were very poor I wasn't sure if I would get any decent eggs. Although saying that AMH measure how much is left not the quality so it may be worth while. Convincing my other half maybe a very difficult thing to do.

AFM, waiting to see if AF turns up on time. Ovulated way early this month so completely missed the window of opportunity. I have an US tomorrow to check everything looks ok. I do have another issue as well. My darling DH, was really effected when we lost Archie and his what do I call it ..."love juice" has been quite rare in actually delivering. The one time I know he did I got pregnant but unfortunately that ended in my MC. Since then its been alot worse. I think it has emotionally taken its toll on him and I don't know what to do. While we were away on hols I thought things would be better as there was no work worries etc but 7 times we tried and only once did we get anything. So frustating and its such a sensitive subject!!! Draw too much attention to it and its bound to cause more angst but we have to acknowledge there is an issue and it won't go away by itself. I've tried the no problem statements and tried to make him feel better for the last 9 months but we need something to actually TTC. I'm at a loss as to what to do really. He's now thing of potentially working away...Middle East so I may be able to convince him of IUI or best case IVF but there's still the issue of how we get anything. I keep thinking they will just stick an needle in and suck it out of him which is in no way going to convince him to go. Then there's the money issue. How may mountains do we have to climb to get that little baby that we all want? I look at all the celebs over 40 that just get pregnant and then have a lovely baby to show for it. Why can't it be that easy for us.

Its been very quiet on here lately. Hope everyone is ok out there.

Hi Ladies just catching up after a hectic couple of weeks.

Garfie, hope you are feeling well and fingers crossed for youx I said during my 3rd that I wasn't doing it again - but hey ho here we are TTC!!

Barnibear - glad your AF finally turned upx

Beetle - good to hear from you.

AFM - well saw consultant on Friday after having scan, blood tests and genetic test and surprise surprise everything fine!! Showed me all tests they have done and all in normal range- just geriatric eggs!!! She just said keep trying and maybe will happen or can pay for IVF. So fingers crossed one is a good one.

Barn my doh has that problem a while ago it was hard
I found not talking about it with him very helpful, I know my oh would blame him self and it was a vicious cycle

Also bringing the romance back without the stress of ttc it helped - still now I just aim all through my whole cycle for daily or every other day so he never knows when I may be oving
Granted we decided to never go the iui or ivf at the beginning of this journey
Good luck it's hard

Going for my hsg tomorrow ladies! Wish me luck! I'm v. Nervous for actual procedure & for results (which I won't get for a few weeks).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->