TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Hi Ladies

Hope you are all okay:flower:

I am not really sure what a lot of you are going through so I am learning a lot with each post I read:flower:

I am feeling a little better each day and yes I think we will be going for a third time I'm ready and hubby is ready we just need a negative on the test on Thursday.:happydance:

Pdmcd - We also agreed not to go down the IVF, IUI or adoption route however I think you ladies that have are incredibly selfless and brave:hugs:

Booth - We said after the first never again ( whereas this time hubby seems more keen) think it's because I'm not stressing or growling like when I am trying ttc :haha: when I'm pregnant I'm more chilled if you know what I mean :winkwink:

Barnabibear - AMH levels? what does that mean please ignore my ignorance - not sure what a lot of these posts mean :shrug:

Beetle - Thanks hun but we are remaining optimistic that it will be third time lucky :happydance: hope IVF gives you a beautiful baby :baby:

:hugs: to the rest of you brave ladies

:hugs:

X

Barnbibear - I have two suggestions for you. Firstly, hypnosis, if he'd go. My H2B is a hynpotherapist and although he do0 esn't deal with male issues, his teacher did and it's hugely successful. Otherwise, can I suggest, with a big wink and smile - and this goes to anyone whose love life needs spicing up - a book called 50 Shades of Grey! It's really badly written and I can't believe I read it - it's not exactly Anias Nin, but it certainly gave me and my OH a giggle and a damn good shag!!! hee hee hee!!! Someone recommended it to me and I was really quite shocked when I read it, but hey, this thread could do with a giggle! xxx

Reb I also read it I like it, it was an easy read
Some stuff a tad over the top.

Ironically we just discussed this with doh parents as future mil was wondering why the newspaper is talking about who will play the parts

Lol i wonder how they will avoid an x rating

good luck Bettle, hope the IVF is a success first time round.

Barnbibear, I feel for your situtation. My DH sometimes has the same problem. He is on meds that have some sexual side effects. It really only affects him when we do it evey day in row so we are going to try doing it every 2nd day next time. He tried to reduce his medication but had a small relapse so is going back up to his usual dose.

I just need to chill a bit too, the doctor said all it takes is a small amount of semen and did n't need to be doing it every day....but I want to maximise our chances and hate missing a day.

But I know its a difficult one, my DH gets very down about it and beats himself up about it. I try not to put too much pressure on him as I know that makes it worse.

How about if you do it less regularly ? If its been a bit more time between bd maybe he will be more aroused and less focused on the problem?

Pippi-elk, that's good advice - also because every fertility doctor I've been to since I was 37 has said, BD every two days only - more than that and the spermies don't have time to regroup! x

Hi gorgeous girls,

Had my hsg a few hours ago. One blocked, one open.

Not best news, not worst! Trying to be positive xxx

Barnbibear - I have two suggestions for you. Firstly, hypnosis, if he'd go. My H2B is a hynpotherapist and although he do0 esn't deal with male issues, his teacher did and it's hugely successful. Otherwise, can I suggest, with a big wink and smile - and this goes to anyone whose love life needs spicing up - a book called 50 Shades of Grey! It's really badly written and I can't believe I read it - it's not exactly Anias Nin, but it certainly gave me and my OH a giggle and a damn good shag!!! hee hee hee!!! Someone recommended it to me and I was really quite shocked when I read it, but hey, this thread could do with a giggle! xxx

I want that book:haha:

Thanks Pippi and Reb. I feel awful about it all. I want to help but feel pretty powerless. I had thought about hypnotism. There's a local one that specifically deals with this psychosexual issues but it's a woman?! Not sure if that will put him off. It's got so bad we haven't had any bd since coming back from hold. Think he scared in case it doesn't happen now and my advances go nowhere. Tough, so tough. Plus just heard my sister in law is pregnant again with her 4th. I'm happy for her but it was like a stab through the heart. Had a little cry and wonder how I will cope seeing her while we are still going through this. But she's lovely and I dont want it to effect our relationship.

Garfie the amh levels are a blood test to test ovarian reserves. Pleased to hear you're in positive spirits. X

Had my ultrasound today. All looks ok but my right ovary has cysts, probably why I don't ovulate from that side. Check up again in 6weeks.

Barnabibear - are you in the UK? If so, let me know whereabouts and maybe H2B's teacher can give you a recommendation for a bloke? No pressure, just if you feel like it. He was a real expert, but I think he's moved onto different areas now. I can ask him if you like xxx
Justmarried - that's pretty good news x
Anyone heard from Miss C? Must be about her due date.

Morning ladies

Hope you are all okay - reviews for that book are all over facebook can I get a copy? - No all sold out locally, so I expect some hubbys are in a for a treat:winkwink:

Just married - so that means although it will be harder to get pregnant you can still do it right :happydance:

Barna - Thanks for the explanation I learn something new everyday off this post :winkwink: Hope your next checkup shows the cysts have shrunk or gone altogether :hugs:

Pippe - elk - We didn't bd a while before O (4 days) and less bd certainly worked for us (kind of but you know what I mean:cry:) It takes a few days for the little men to regroup I believe.:shrug:

Reb/Desperado - :hugs: to you kind ladies:flower:

AFM - Took a test again (2weeks post DNC) and I'm still showing positive but it is v faint, can still see it at arms length so maybe I should test in another week (what do you ladies think:shrug:)

:hugs:

X

Garfie I think it took about 3-4 weeks after the mc for my lines to go completely so yes may e test again in a week :hugs:

J_M good news that one is open :thumbup: :hugs:

I saw on fb that miss c has a date which from memory :wacko: is maybe 8th July

Anyone heard from Miss C? Must be about her due date.

Hi Reb, I checked her recent threads out and found this :flower:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/labour-birth/1070059-want-beat-section.html

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

morning everyone first time on a computer since vacation started, doh mom is so exicted about the wedding and hinting about a baby shes so cute.

spoomie sweet post

barn what kind of cyst do you have? i had one till march i was put on metformin nad it helped loosing weight helped. they thought i was pcos and my cyst came from the bc i was on before. good luck and fxd as most do resolve on their own

BF...this was what she posted "Ziggy now has a birth date - Monday July 9th we will finally get to hold this little one in our arms."

Barnabibear - are you in the UK? If so, let me know whereabouts and maybe H2B's teacher can give you a recommendation for a bloke? No pressure, just if you feel like it. He was a real expert, but I think he's moved onto different areas now. I can ask him if you like xxx

Wow Reb, that would be lovely of you. :flower: Yes I'm in the UK. I can be more precise in a personal message if I can send one.? Still have to convince my lovely DH to go with it. We're having "chats" this weekend.

pdmc I have no idea what sort of cysts they are. She just said there were lots of little ones on my right ovary and they would have a look again in 6 weeks. I'd given up on it a long time ago. My left is doing the job every month but if they can "reactivate" it some how I'd be rather pleased. But I have no idea what they can do with little cysts. I know with big ones they can sometimes remove then but I'm not that clued up about them.

Garfie, really pleased to hear you so positive. After my D&C I had a negative test after 10 days but we're all different as you can see from Butterfly's post. If its getting weaker then it shouldn't be too much longer. A week sounds like a fine plan. I did find that my OPK tests were bit random though. They were positive as soon as my pregnancy tests were negative. Really fooled me because i didn't ovulate until day 24 post D&C, my OPK were positive then negative, then positive again. I actually ended up with ovulation pains (which I normall have) which helped me to know when I was actually ovulating. I could have been a weird case, but just thought I'd mention it to you.

Spoomie :hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->