TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Maryanne - you're great! Keep going xxx
AFM - haven't even updated my ticker. It's a relief finally, not to count the days and worry and to BD when we feel like it. Although AF was late this month and I got stupidly excited, I know deep down that we've come to the end of the road. Any ideas how to get OH interested in adoption?
Nise? How's it going with LG?
Love to all x

:hi: Everyone.

:happydance: for your peak Maryanne :dust::dust: right back atcha :)

How is everyone? It appears to have stopped raining here!!! :shock: And there's this big ball of light in the sky .... :haha:

AFM - i got my crosshairs on FF today. It gave them quite freely without me getting impatient. Quite a clear rise this cycle so that was nice. Last month was veeery sketchy.The old temps didn't play ball at ov time at all and i had to wait ages for FF to concede crosshairs, lol.

The "If you have conceived this month your due date will be .." is saying 10th April next year. That'll be our 1st wedding anniversary! How wonderful that would be.

NOT holding my breath :dohh: :wacko: :winkwink: :haha:

Love to all x

Oh X posts Reb :hi:

I'm glad your finding the non TTC a little more relaxing. It's natural that you'll get twitchy around AF time. After all we've all spent so long watching our cycles carefully, it's going to be hard to get out of that habit. :hugs: As for warming DH to adoption - oooh, not sure with out being obvious about it. Do you know anyone who has adopted?

xxx

Maryanne glad you cycles are getting back to normal and you are able to start trying again :hugs:

Reb I think if you look on your local authority website they have some profiles of the actual kids that need adopting. Maybe if he sees the real kids that need a home that might help. Otherwise in our area they run information evenings once a month (I am going on Monday) so maybe you could just get him to one of those just to find out more :shrug::hugs:

Mistyy I will keep everything crossed for 1st anniversary baby! :hugs:

:hi: to everyone else :hugs::hugs:

Hi everyone,

Just been catching up on all your posts as I've been away visiting my parents for a few days and was without internet access.

Congrats Miss C, hope Eli is settlling in well at home.

Glad to hear Barnibear that OH has come back round to the idea of TTC. I understand his point of view of being ok with ttc naturally. I know going down the IVF route is a big step and probably feels a bit like going 'against' nature if his is already concerned about his age and coping with a teenager.

Sorry to hear your results JustMarried (although I know they are half good/half bad)....could you even go privately for IUI ? maybe that would be cheaper, although I know its not as likely to succeed....but maybe you could try that while saving for IVF ?

Hope you are feeling better now Misty, I don't think I could have coped with a full day spend with 2 babies and their doting parents. DHs nephew is visiting my DH family next week with his 4 month old baby and I'm really not looking forward to it. you know how it is...happy for them, but just brings emotions close to the surface. I've been feeling a bit more down about the MC lately as no sign of any BFP...think at the time I consolled myself with the 'plan of action' to get pregnant quickly.
Its good though that you had the good old cry with DH....at least he was then able to open up about the smoking etc. and get the strength to quit before he got addicted again.

Glad to hear Reb and Butterfly that you are both more relaxed now that you have made some decisions.

AFM, back to the start of a new cycle and just getting over a UTI. First UTI since last October, thought with all the bd I thought I'd be suffering from UTI's more frequently. Think it depends on the position we bd in. However I get bored of the 'usual' position ...

Reb hope that now you are more relaxed that you get a surprise bfpas for adopting i would think that a child even if not your own would bring love fun and a reason to gst up the morning andwould be a challenge for you to teach them and help them to grow up into responsible young adult that you would proud of x

misty fxd for an anniversary bfp

Thanks butterfly x

fxd for this cycle pippi x

the sun has been shining here today makes such a nice changeheres sum :dust: for us all and everyone else :dust:

Misty fx'd for that anniversary baby

It has been quiet on here lately it's strange

I'm about to enter my fertile period and I'm grumpy and upset at how long the stupid settlement with his ex is taking and him just sitting back and not pushing the bank or lawyer really she accepted the offer 4 wks ago and the banker he deals with was on holidays
Sorry I'm just really upset it's taking so long I don't want to change our wedding date but if the papers aren't to the court by the first week in aug we can't get married on our anniversary

Doesn't promote my getting in the mood so I'm thinking this cycle is shot plus he leaves tomorrow for 1wk for work

I'm keeping my fx'd crossed for everyone else ttc or adopting

PDMCD - thank you :) I really hope that things start moving soon for you. We've still got 2 weeks before the end of the 1st week in Aug so fingers crssed they'll get on with it by then.

You'll still have a wonderful day and marry your man even if it's not on that particular day - things will all work out :hugs:

Maryanne - thank you :) and here's a bit more :dust: :D

Pippi - thank you for that :hugs: i did feel :blush: about getting so stressed and emotional. But it was very full on that day :dohh: I wish you strength for next week when you meet your DHs nephew's baby. It IS a mad mix of happy for them but sooooo draining emotionally. I hope the day goes well for you hun. You're right about the 'plan of action' supposed to be being a comfort. A big part of my prob with being round babies at the mo is that i'm in the process of trying to come to terms with the fact it is game over for me now. And i'm struggling! :shrug:

Butterfly - thank you too :) I hope you find tomorrows info. meeting helpful. Let us know how it goes :thumbup:

No news here - temps rose a bit today. It is HOT here and it's just lovely :D I was thinking earlier i feel for all the athletes coming over to our country the last few days for the Olympics and finding all that non-stop miserable rain!

xxx

Sorry - just wanted to add, PIPPI, i get plagued with bloody cystitis so i can empathise there completely :hugs: I do all the right things - wiping front to back, drinking plenty of water, making sure i'm properly ready B4 BDing IYKWIM, using gentle soaps etc etc and i still get hit every few weeks :roll:

Thanks misty

For you and pippi have either of you tried cranberry suppliments it alters the ph of urine so the bacteria doesn't like it
( that was my number one reason clients would get referred to me when I was the continence nurse)
Goodluck to you both

Things are better today he spoke to the bank and the form he needs for his lawyer will be ready next week so he's now gonna set up a lawyer and bank appoit for when he gets
Back - or I will kill him lol

We picked up the hardwood for the livingroom yeah can't wait till its down

PDMCD -see! :friends: That's good news.

About the cranberry supplement, what do you recommend? Is it drinking the fruit juice (and if so how much) or is it a tablet or infusion?

Waves to all. x

misty unless you drink at least 2 glasses day of the pure unsweetend juice you wont get the benifits as the sugar counter acts the agreemnet

i cant speak to UK formal talk to the pharmacist (chemist is the name in the uk ) for the right dosage but it is normally 250mg - 500 depends on the formulation and concentration

OK, than you PDMCD. Shame about the 'non sweetened' bit as i have a very sweet tooth, lol. I will try that though. 2 glasses is doable.

Another HOT one today :happydance: Hope you're all enjoying it, or, if not, i hope you're managing to keep cool! :coolio:

My findings.
Keep pee a nice light colour, strong pee makes it worse (more painful) and dump the sweet processed foods as I also found that an agrevater too.
Do you also get thrush?

:hi: Greens - personally no, i've never had thrush. I was having this convo with a mate recently. She gets troubled with thrush but never cystitis and i'm the reverse. How about you greens? Is this a common pattern i wonder?

I've always had great great sympathy for thrush sufferers. It must be hell. My friend used to weep with frustration. She ended up using so much steroid cream it thinned her skin around her upper thighs and groin to awful levels :(

Agree with the pee colour thing. It's easy to check and is a good indicator of our hydration levels. I looked in good old Tesco for unsweetened Cranberry juice. No luck. I'll try elsewhere.

xxx

omg i was reading the post and was like wow thrush i thought only babies and chemotherapy clients got that (mouth thrush), then i realized you guys meant yeast infections (thats what we call them here)

try yoghurt with probiotics it is very helpful to prevent yeast

I do not get either, but I did used to get thrush at times and UTIs, changing my diet has made a big difference. Thrush (yeast) loves a body that eats lots of sweets, processed foods, breads, pastries etc. so if your friend still suffers from flare ups then might be time to check out the diet.

I'll pass that on Greens :)

Amazing i havn't had it then tbh. My weakness is for all things sweet and 'carby'. Must admit at the mo i'm doing quite well on a low carb diet weight loss wise. Raw carrot sticks and taramasalata dip for lunch every day for the last week, lol. So fed up with meat and salad :roll:

Hows everyone? Love to all xxx

misty im totally off the bandwagon with eating and activity with the renos starting sat i have busy packing and rearranging things at both houses. i move next sat on the long weekend here fun fun. im goign to get groceries tomorrow alot of easy stuff for the next week so we dont eat take out all week.

i totally missed my fertile window with doh gone i really miss him 2more nights till hes home. i actually stopped taking any suppliments its so relieving - i will have to start my multivitamin again as that is important even if not ttc but more so for the folic in ttc lol

have a great day gso to everyone else

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->