TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

misty abnormal smears happen all the time, they are scary but most of the time are fine

doh came home!!!!! and even with a drain in he suprised me he was able to bd. i honestly was floored he wanted to, and it is the almost the end of my fertile period.
im just so happy hes home and on the mend.

i missed snuggling and him just being around. the little things we take for granted. hopefully i can remember that the next time he ticks me off.

Thanks ladies :hugs:

Well, had it - just got to wait now :roll: 10 days.

The sample they took 2 years ago was 'borderline abnormal'. I didn't tell anyone. I've been putting off going back by telling myself the result was probably caused by blood in the sample. I bled like crazy that time. The thing is i fell preg not too long after that smear, and then after loosing baby have been TTC, so there hasn't seemed a good time to have someone prodding around up there. (excuses, excuses - i know!) Anyway the nurse (a different one, very gentle and didnt make me bleed) told me yesterday that blood in the sample would have produced a 'contaminated' sample - not 'abnormal', so i should have come right back. She told me off :blush:

It's been playing on my mind all these months. Have your smear tests ladies, ok? Don't be daft like me.

I didn't have one for 5 years and then after what happened to Jade Goodie I had one done in 2009. Turned out I had level CIN3 which is the level before cancer and my whole cervix was covered in abnormal cells. All I will say is DON'T PANIC! I had Colposcopy treatment straight away under local and now have to have annual smears for 10 years. I've never missed one since and they have all come back normal since the treatment :winkwink:

I realise how lucky I was and dread to think if I had left it any longer.
DON'T MISS YOUR SMEARS! also it clearly didn't have any affect on me TTC :flower:

just to back up Glowie dont panic I too had abnormal recurrent cin 1 and cin2 didn't quite make it to 3 but that would have been scary no doubt about it but these are ALL PRE cancerous cells. I had a LLETZ done in March 2010 and had no effect on me conceiving. I am due another one now as it is standard practice 6 weeks after a birth here and hoping for no abnormalities but I too go for a smear every year

Massive thank you ladies :friends: I haven't talked about the (1st) smear result with anyone. I knew darn well i was being an idiot not going back. I'm great at sending everybody else in the family off to the docs, but when it comes to me .... :roll:

Glowstar, Miss C and Reb I'm so glad everything is ok now for you and thank you for sharing.

PDMCD - thank you and i'm glad OH is home again. I'm going through one of those 'there are more important things to worry about than the small stuff' moments too :hugs:

LLbean - I didn't know that about no sex before a smear :shock: :blush: How did i get to this age without knowing that?! We DTD the morning of the day before (and on the day of the smear later on) as it's my OV week and i'd had some EWM. As it is i'll prob'ly ov today or tomorrow ... I keep forgetting to do my OPKs (good sign? :) )

Rambling now anyway. Thanks again lovelies.

My smear reminder (UK) came with a leaflet, this said about no sex and other stuff so you timed the apointment in the right window.
They always make me want to pee, now that is undignified! :haha:

You just reminded me that I have just had a second reminder !The first was before mc so I had an excuse, now I am just putting it off!! You would think after most of the poking and prodding we have had it wouldn't bother us.

A bit of hope for everyone, a friend of mine (42) trying for 12 months just had her BFP so hopefully start a run on here :)

Morning ladies

Still stalking:winkwink: - reading all your posts :flower:

Not a lot happening at the moment - hoping in the missing temps I ovulated, I am on CD21 two more days further than last month so hoping my body is getting back to normal.:wacko:

:dust::dust::dust:

:hugs:

X

Gah smear tests. I had a reminder for mine just the other day - will have to go. I also had an abnormal result many years ago when I was in my 20's - had to have a colposcopy and lazer treatment - all smear since have been normal (touches wood). They're not so bad really, just that horrible metal clamp thing they use is what I hate - I found out after my treatment that they come in different sizes I always ask for the small one now!

Here's some adoption news.

I spoke to Social worker yesterday and she said that it was fine for me to do contact via post - she said she didn't know why she hadn't thought of that, so I can send little cards and things, hopefully that will give LG something to take her mind off the bad stuff and know she's wanted - I'll have to be careful about wording, just keep it light and not make any promises. But the best news is that SW also told me that her report was due in to the court and she has recommended that LG comes to us :cloud9: Apparently LG's Guardian is also behind this decision despite the fact she hasn't even met us!!! - I really don't know how everyone makes their decisions, but on this occasion I'm not complaining. The down side of our conversation was that she told me that contact with Birth parents on Monday went really badly, they were both under the influence and it should have been stopped but whoever was in charge just got someone else to help leaving LG very upset afterwards. It's making me really cross that she has to endure seeing her parents like this, it's not fair on her at all. I just want to get her away from all that and the sooner the better. :hugs:

Nise that's fantastic news, I'm so happy for you. Sounds like some of the people in charge of LG are not that great - I can't believe the SW hadn't suggested you write - that's her job to think of stuff like that for goodness sake! Good luck with the last bit of the journey and keep us posted xxx

:happydance: Nise that's excellent news, doesn't sound like it will be long before all LG memories are some terrible nightmare of the past.

I'm sure with all the love, reassurance, hope, kind words, comfort, dedication and above all a safe place you have LG will be adjusted in no time and you will be rewarded a million times over by her little smiles:flower:

If you do write will she get them? - if not maybe you could write and buy little gifts and keep them in a pretty box for when she comes to you and you could share them together, then it wouldn't matter what you wrote in them:flower:

Just popping in really - still nothing to report, managed to make it to CD22 :happydance: still a few more days left before testing - oh and one little thing I thought I'd share had a senior moment yesterday nearly went to tescos in my slippers - got as far as the car before I realised :haha:

Have a good day ladies today is my Birthday and I think hubby has something planned:shrug: and the kiddies come back today :happydance:

X

Good news Nise, sounds like getting LG with you couldn't happen soon enough :), will make her see that all people aren't like her birth parents and do care x

Garfie at least you weren't still in your pyjamas!! :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Garfie :happydance::cake:

Nise That sounds great about LG. So sad that she has to see her parents like that, but fingers crossed it's not for much longer and she'll have the new lovely parents she deserves - you and your OH :)

xxx

Great news Nise, although sad to hear LG had to see her parents act so irresponsibly. hopefully if the Guardian is supporting you adopting her, they will pass on your letters to her.

Happy birthday Garfie, I turned 42 two months ago and found it a bit depressing...one year older and no sign of a BFP, but what will be will be....its all just a number anyway.

Hap py Birthday Garfie :cake:

Good news from the social worker Nise writing letters to Lg wuld be lovely for her

Hi everyone :hi:

I just had peak on cbfm wednesday so have bd a few times this week. Hoping for a bfp for this thread its been a while come on girls chant bfp bfp bfp you never no it mite work lol
anways good luck everyone im rooting for us all :dust:

Happy bday garfie

Maryanne chanting bfp bfp

Im in the tww but I don't think our 1x will do anything
It would make a great bday gift lol my bday is in a little over wk
I will be 42 - not sure how I feel about it

Granted I'm excited about my gift doh got me Duran Duran tickets, I haven't seen them since I was a teenager

Omg I just realized I put my age in wrong lol I will be 41 next week on my bday

I bought my dress today! I also order my dtrs dress and doh clan tartan bow ties/ cumberbund and sashes for our dresses

Hope everyone else is good

Pcmd you never know hun it only takes 1time fxd for your birthday. Duran duran i remember them lol hope you have fun x

Thanks for the Birthday wishes ladies :flower:

AFM - On CD2 (the witch came yesterday:cry:) - Oh by the way we had our romantic picnic hubby had pulled out all the stops goats cheese, sun dried tomatoes, olives, posh crisps etc etc and we had it in the garden.............
with 2 kids and 2 dogs and a cat (so not romantic after all):haha:

PCMD - Ooh Duran Duran - wonder if Simon Le Bon is still as sexy (like us:winkwink:) have fun at the concert! :rofl: you are 41 not 42 time stands still for us now - what a fabby Birthday pressie a BFP - fingers crossed for you x

Maryanne - Hope you haven't fed your CBFM any more sticks after the first PEAK - yay for a PEAK, I will be dusting my CBFM down and bringing it out to play this month (have kind of missed the little white gadget):happydance: BFP BFP BFP for you:flower:

Pippi - The only thing I have found depressing (apart from not getting a Birthday BFP) is the size my gut has got! I look like I am 2 months pregnant how? it has been 2 months since my DNC and now I'm on cycle 4 - seriously bloated :cry:

Hi to all the other lovely ladies :flower:

X

Hi, I'm new - I'm 48 and I have four children, 23, 14, 12 and 11 and I'm a wive on my second marriage. I live in outside of Chicago, Illinois USA and I'm not exactly sure how to do a lot of things on here yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->