TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Oh Garfie, I'm so sorry my love. I wish you much strength to get through this sad time and hope your LO will make another attempt to come back soon. :hugs:

Maryanne, I wish you lots of luck for tomorrow, fingers crossed as ever. [-o< :hugs:

AFM - well got the sad news that the final hearing for our Special Guardianship has once again been put back. It should have been on the 30th Nov but is now not until the 14th & 16th January. So any hopes we had of being able to have contact with LG over the Christmas period have been dashed:growlmad: The reason is because the court has requested that the psychologist that assessed the birth parents attend the hearing - this is bad news for them as that report is very negative especially for the father - so they are contesting this request. Although the father is back in prison, he managed to stay out for nearly 5 months this time!!! So back to waiting, hopefully our patience will be rewarded. :hugs:

Hello ladies! My name is Yvette. I'm 41 & DH is 35. My DS will be 20 next month! DH & I have been ttc for almost a year now. I had laparoscopy this past Jan & got diagnosed with mild endo....w/c I was surprised. But doc said that my tubes are good & clear. She suspects that I may not ovulate regularly so she put me on Clomid.....50mg, days 3-7. I just finished my 1st round & just got my progesterone test result today. It came out to be in the normal range at 21.9, w/c is good! There's still hope. I'm PRAYING that AF will not show her ugly mug this weekend as scheduled! I'm looking forward to interact with you guys thru this thread as we journey to achieve our ultimate goal.......our BFPs!!! Baby dust to all of us!!! :)

Aw garfie I'm so sorry :hug:

And maryanne I didn't realise you got a bfp :nope: I really hope it isn't bad news for you too :hug:

Nise that is so flipping annoying :saywhat: :cry::hugs:

Sinead I am 45 I got pg in Jan at 44 but mc'd :nope:

:hi: hi to all other newbies :hugs:

Hello ladies! My name is Yvette. I'm 41 & DH is 35. My DS will be 20 next month! DH & I have been ttc for almost a year now. I had laparoscopy this past Jan & got diagnosed with mild endo....w/c I was surprised. But doc said that my tubes are good & clear. She suspects that I may not ovulate regularly so she put me on Clomid.....50mg, days 3-7. I just finished my 1st round & just got my progesterone test result today. It came out to be in the normal range at 21.9, w/c is good! There's still hope. I'm PRAYING that AF will not show her ugly mug this weekend as scheduled! I'm looking forward to interact with you guys thru this thread as we journey to achieve our ultimate goal.......our BFPs!!! Baby dust to all of us!!! :)

Welcome TTCafter! Fingers crossed ! Your progesterone levels are really good!

I'm waiting to do my 4th IUI so hope to get my bfp this round!!!!

Hi Butterfly! :)

Hi 2blue lines! Thanks for the welcome & the well wish. I need all I can get. Best of luck to your next IUI! Hoping that you get your BFP on this round! Keep us posted!

I just popped in after being away for a week, my goodness, so many newbies..... Hello!

Garfie, so sorry Hun.

Maryanne, fingers crossed for you sweetie.

This is only a quick post, just because after all that's happened over the last week, I couldn't just stalk.

Hi to everyone else.

Hello ladies!
Just popped in to gently stalk you and had to write and offer my support to Garfie and Maryanne. So sorry Garfie - Maryanne, I hope there is still hope xxx

Garfie, so sorry to read your update :hugs: I hope the recurrent MC referral is useful.

Maryanne FX :hugs2:

Nise, :dohh: rats rats rats. As a mum of 2 adopted kids I totally get where you are coming from. Sigh.

AFM, AF came today so will start IUI meds tomorrow.

Reb! :wave: Hi hun. How are you? :D

Nise - oh for crying out loud! I really thought it was all going to happen for you on the 30th :roll: it's my Bday and i had a good feeling about it for you. :growlmad: Still, it sounds as if it will be the icing on the cake to have the psychologist there at the hearing. If it's going to tip the balance firmly your way once and for all then it's worth it ay? :hugs: xxx

Gosh it's so lovely to have so many new faces here! The only problem is we've been rattling around with just 4 or 5 of us (it feels like :D) for so long i've got really lazy about personals cos it was so easy to give everyone a mention every time! :blush:

<must work my way through last couple of pages and get to know newbies propery>

AFM - DPO 7. Sharp cramps yesterday. Temps rising but still roughly where they usually are at this time. Had EWM yesterday, which is unusual, its not on my chart tho cos FF got rid of my ov cross hairs when i put it on. I refuse to let it take them off!

Still thinking of you both Garfie and Maryanne :hug: waiting for news.

Love to newbies, love to oldies ( <3 ) and :dust: all round xxx

Garfie hon im so so sorry for you both big hugs

Nise im also sorry that really bites.

hi to everyone else it is nice to see it busy on here again

afm im either 1-2 dpo. wedding planning almost all done only small details now! i did try my dress on the other night and played with the tartan sash to realize i dont like it so im going to attach the 3 sashs to make a shall.

Just dropping in looking for news.

PDMCD - it's exciting and nerve wracking trying on the dress isn't it? Give us a description, i bet it's lovely :) After umming and ahhing I decided to take the belt off mine AND one of the layers of the under skirt as it was bunching round my hips a bit. DDs were :shock: and i was [-o&lt; as i sat there taking my scissors to it :haha: But it did look much better.

Well DPO8 and my temps have shot up. Very tender boobs too. I'm settling myself on the bench girls - come sit with me xxx

Ooh mistyy I'll keep you company on the bench. Why isn't your chart in your siggie? :growlmad::haha:

oh Garfie honey I am so so sorry hugs honey - hang in there - been there done that too many times. Keep the faith

Hi Butterfly :friends: I don't know! It was this morning, lol. I'll have a look. xx

Yep, it's still there :) So exciting about your IVF ! Do keep us posted :thumbup:

Do any of you all test out a hcg trigger shot?

I had one yesterday an I guess I count today as day 1 as like 1dpiui

Think that is correct.

Do any of you all test out a hcg trigger shot?

I had one yesterday an I guess I count today as day 1 as like 1dpiui

Think that is correct.

BF :)haha:) I haven't had one but yes I would. I would probably test with cheapies from about 5dpiui if it were me :thumbup: :hugs: good luck :flower:

Hi! I'm jumping in if you don't mind. I'm 41 and don't know exactly what I'm doing. I got married in 2008, came off of BC late in 2009 and got pregnant almost right away. I miscarried though but about 4 months later I got pregnant again. That ended up being a chemical and a few months later I was referred to a fertility doc and started the IVF process in Oct 2010. I was really lucky and got pregnant with twins on the first try. My pregnancy was rough and I delivered Aidan and Ian early at 28 weeks. We were blessed and both are totally fine. I barely made any breastmilk so I stopped pumping in Sept 2011 and in March 2012 I got pregnant again but miscarried. I do the miscarrying thing well. So fast forward to now and I guess we are -or rather I am - NTNP. There's so many reasons for me not to try for another (I always seem to miscarry and who wants to go through that, I'm at risk for another preemie and that was such a traumatizing experience, my twins are a lot of work and are such happy babies so is it a good idea?) But for some reason I can't seem to convince myself not to try. I had an appt with my fs in April and my AMH was fine but probably getting worse as I type. For now I decided to start using my cbfm to at least give myself peace of mind that I'm still ovulating and then this way I can at least know when to dtd. I've been guessing up until now. My husband does not want a third meaning he'd be happy with one but is scared that we'll go through the same thing as we did with the twins (having them so early and being in the hospital for almost 2 months) and so does not want to do ivf again. He knows that I'm not on bc but also knows that I have issues getting and keeping pregnant. Well anyway that's my story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->