TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Misty thanks hon, it's nice to know I'm not alone. I'm glad df understands
I'm not testing till she's late I can't handle the bfn.

Ttc goodluck!

Booth what are you taking in school? I'm debating what degree I want to wrk on. I was at a geriatric confrence today and it relit the education bug.
Good luck on I hope we both get positive outcomes this cycle

I'm still having sore boobs I can handle the regular one but waking up with them bites
I just want to know why pms and bfp symptons are the same. It's so hard to not symptons spot.

If af comes my next fertile window is around df bday weekend away then the next one is our honeymoon lol ( I guess that's the only bennifit of my short cycle it happens 2 times this month ).

Hi to everyone else

Welcome no3 and bigger family,
glad all results looking good, bigger family

Enjoy the bd, ttcafter40, hope this is your month.

Good luck in the exams booth, hope bnb is nt distracting you too much.

Fingers crossed for this month, pdmcd....do you chart? Although when i'm getting my hopes up, i spend ages overlaying charts and trying to predict a bfp, so maybe you are better off not to chart. It's terrible the tricks Mother Nature plays with Pms and pregnancy symptoms being the same.

Hugs for Sunday, Misty,
It's nice that your being god parents but hope its not too emotional. Feel for you thinking about how there should be 3 cousins there:hugs:
i agree, the best sex is never in ovulation week....but anyway, Off to bed without a chandelier in sight ;-)

Ladies how do I subscribe to a thread to keep up with stuff?

I'm still trying to learn this stuff.. WOW sometimes lots to learn when new. :dohh:

Big when you post on a thread you subscribe
So just hit user cp and it will show any new post after you
And if there aren't any then no one posted after you yet

Pippi I don't chart I found it too stressful. Tomorrow will tell if its pms they will not hurt as much honestly I think it's just bad pms

Morning Ladies

I'm back - not sure how long for though as I'm not sure where my life is heading at the moment just trying to keep busy and carrying on - I tried to stalk but found it quite difficult so I just took some time out from the whole BNB threads:cry:

Where to begin - well firstly I thought a third mc would be easier to accept especially since it was earlier and with a low HCG level but how wrong was I. It was the worse cramping I have ever had much more severe than the last two. I also thought it would be over quicker wrong - it seemed to stop start stop start which didn't do a lot for my moods. Also as I was loosing my baby my youngest son found his hamster dead in his cage so it was difficult dealing with his grief on top of my own, then I felt guilty about not being there for him 100% omg ladies the emotions I have felt recently are unbelievable and trust me they are not hormonal:dohh:

I have felt like giving up and then have questioned myself whether I would be good as a new mum being 41 (at the moment) what if it took more mc before I finally had my baby am I strong enough I have had so many doubts and decisions running through my head and through it all I have plastered on a fake smile so no one knew I was really hurting :cry:

The good news is hubby and I have already had blood tests to see if there is anything wrong and genetic testing - we only have to wait until 22 January for the results:haha:

So half of me wants them to find something wrong and I can take a tablet to fix it and half of me hopes I have a clean bill of health and we can just keep trying I am so confused at the moment.

The doc did say some encouraging info (if you can call it that) that recurrent mc happen more as you get older, that taking aspirin does help, told him that I also take gfj and he just raised an eyebrow:haha:

Also maybe one of you ladies can help I'm O+ blood group (so very common) but hubby thinks he is a rare blood group could this have any bearing on the mc (obviously we will find out in a few months but you know me Mrs impatience:winkwink:)

Well ladies thanks for letting me rant now let me read back and see what you have all been up to whilst I have been absent:hugs:

:hugs:

X

PDMCD - I am taking accountancy, finished certificate and part way through diploma, got 4 more and i will be chartered accountant. Thats not my job but work in project finance so they are paying for me so i may as well, also it keeps the brain ticking.

pipi - BNB is a slight distraction as every time i get a bit bored and i think I will just have a browse and then its 30 minutes later!!

Garfie, my third was exactly the same, the first was not painful at all and never even had a paracetamol, second slightly more and the third seemed to last for ages. Think the problem was that the baby was stuck at the bottom and took a lot of contractions to come out. I don't want any intervention as i don't want anything messing my body around as the only time I had clomid my body shut down completely for 3 years! It was that painful I even contemplated giving up TTC thinking that it happened a fourth time I wouldn't be able to cope. But now I am ready to go again, we both had the genetic testing and blood tests and all came back normal!! I too thought that at least if there was a problem maybe a tablet would fix it but deep down I knew it was probably bad luck! Time for some good I think:)

AS for blood groups there is only a problem if there is a + and a -, I am negative and oh is a positive, I had to have an injection after birth of son to prevent m/c from future pregnancies.

Good luck to the December testers .

I'm not great with posting and so when I do I have so much I have to catch up on that I forget what to respond to when it's time to post! I'm sorry for everyone going through a tough time right now. All I can say is that those that waited did the right thing even if it's harder to get that baby now. I had my 2 at 39. I bet it would have been easier 10 years earlier but then I wouldn't have been with the right person and was barely taking care of myself! I'm on CD 11 today and no sign of OV yet. At least that's what my cbfm says.

I finally got the thread thing figured out. Thanks to a certain person on here.

Maybe now will not be so lost at times.

Good Luck all... AFM. I done 2 HPT an both was a - an I was told to try again Monday before going off my meds for Af to start.

Garfie you will be a wonderful mother
If I remember correctly from my ob rotation the positive / negative is a factor after the first birth only cause if the baby is the different one and if the blood mixes your antibodies start working and can harm both you and any successive pregnancy

Booth I hear you on the time distraction of bnb

Hi max and bigger and anyone else

ATM af came at least she's a day early so it means I will be a day early for my next one this month so I will be just finished on my wedding day
I just will never understand why some months Pms is so brutal and other month it's fine

Onto a new cycle
Good luck everyone else

Hi Ladies,

Just thought I'd check in. I haven't posted in a while. Many reasons really...

Our kitchen (despite my better judgement, DH knew better) is being re-done. This close to Christmas I'm panicking. They were late to start and are meant to be finished next Friday but considering progress so far I'm doubtful. Maybe wrongly but I'm not enjoying the mess, the no kitchen and the dust absolutely everywhere. I'm being a real grouch. :dohh:

Then my dh tooth started playing up, dentist thought it was wisdom teeth but when he saw the consultant it turned out he needs a root canal. :awww: Poor thing has been in and out of the dentist for 3 weeks, it all started with a filling and then its just got worse. He's not coping well, so he's a misery to be around, and I don't know how to help. Selfishly I'm just hoping he won't be in pain in a week or so because that will be fertile time!

Then the downstairs toliet got blocked again (second time this year) and the chap that turned up apparently didn't do the drain where the problem was last so the toliet isn't fixed :growlmad: and he's coming back with a camera on Monday. I'm hoping it won't be a big problem if they look in the right drain but they were talking about digging up the garden. Can't contemplate that with everythng else going on.

Then as well as dh tooth pain, kitchen, drain my dad and step mother are arriving for a christmas visit on Friday...... I like everything clean and tidy and when they turn up there will be dust, kitchen stuff everywhere and potentially a dug up garden. Brill!!! :wacko:

As for my cycle, I could be 11dpo or 9 or 10 dpo so really have no idea whwn to expect AF just know my temps are lower than normal and beginning to drop very very slightly. So I reckon its imminent. I was really hopeful this cycle, had massive Ov pains so thought it must be a wackingly good mature egg but my Dh run out of steam, maybe too early so who knows.

Ages ago I mentioned my doc was looking into my records re sticky blood, she has the results back from the consultant (they were taken after Archie's birth). But apparently the consultant mentioned biological clock and all that but there's no reason why I shouldn't have a sucessful pregnancy and I could go and see her if I wanted to for more tests. Which is rather nice. Just need to get pregnant now, sadly lacking in the EWM each cycle though, so spontanious and sperm freindly lube don't quite work together, not sure how to make EWM happen.

I've gone on a bit, really sorry any of you that reads through my epic nonsense.

Hello to everyone out, my old freinds and the new ladies. :hi:

I don't know how to say this, a lot has happened for everyone lately... Miss C, Maryanne, Garfie. :hugs:

But I couldn't not tell you lovely ladies. I've done a test today and it was +ve. Hasn't quite sunk in.... I'm stunned but also worried about whether this will end in tears again. I'm hoping against hope that this will be 3rd time lucky, and we will actually have the baby that we've wanted for so long but there's a long long road ahead. Its weird, I can't feel happy because I just don't know what will happen and can't bear the thought of more heartache.

Love to all. :flower:

Omg barnabi I'm so excited for you :happydance::happydance::hugs::cloud9:

I totally get that you are nervous about being excited but this is great news and so I hope you can take some enjoyment out of it even with those fears in the back of your mind :hugs:

Yay here she is :holly: :haha::happydance:

Oh Barnabibear, what fantastic news, delighted for you and hope that you can put the fears aside and just revel in the wonder of it all - Get those good endorphins circulating. :holly::holly:=D>

Congrats barnibear, logged on as after reading your earlier post yesterday i wanted to sympathise with you due to all the kitchen and drain mess. And wanted to tell you the I got an increase in ewcm when I added omega 3 fish oil to my daily 2 tables of epo.
BUT you don't need any advice .....congrats on your bfp!!!!
Hope it's a sticky bean and all goes well, although can understand how scared you are.

Sorry to hear pdmc that you are out this month.

And poor you Garfie, hope the worst of the mc is over. :cry:

Congrats too the lady on a positive.

AFM; Suppose to test tomorrow but today is 14dpo so going to test later today an see if a + if not. Then stop my prometrium an wait for AF to show. I hope she shows before wed the 5th if not will not get to do a cycle this month. I'll me sad too.

Barnibear, so excited for you! Can't imagine how you must be feeling now. You've given me hope that it can still happen. Keeping everything crossed for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->