TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Ladies is there a forum on here where if got more than one child you can join an 40+?

I feel really left out now. Other ladies got a BFP an I feel really left out as my age for 1 an 2 having children.

I"m still looking for a place where others will understand what it's like trying for a long while plus over 40..

Biggerfamily, others on this group have children, I do have one and others have older children. Most are long term TTC so not sure what you are looking for? Or maybe I misread your post? This gives great support no matter what your circumstances as all us over 40 + have a hard time TTC :)

Bigger - I was unsure what thread you was looking for - I have two children (12 & 10) and have had three m/c since and still trying - what type of support is it you are looking for hun we are all over the age of 40 :flower:

:hugs:

X

I've been trying to find some threads can be on that others understand me more. I've got one DD that is 14yrs an other year an half old an now ttc one more as I've only get a few more treatments left an I need women to understand with my age an with children how hard it is for me. My RE will not be doing many more treatments on me since I'm 41. I want so bad to be pregnant one more time before time is up.

It so hard to explain to others at times about your age an how bad you want to be pregnant once more as already been called OLD..

Don't want to sound mean but when I see or hear of others getting a BFP it hurts really bad. I'm not jeasoule it just hurts like heck. Lots of people don't understand how much it hurts. Even when you don't have much time to go.

Thanks Nise. I tend to get ahead of myself. I've never OV'd this late (or at least not that I remember) but I guess I need to wait and see what happens. And congrats to you! Am i reading right that you're adopting?

Yes, although it's special guardianship to start with. :hugs:

:wave: Hi Biggerfamily and welcome. You'll not find a finer buddy group where all members are very close to, bang on or over 40 than this one. :hugs:

:wave: Hi Biggerfamily and welcome. You'll not find a finer buddy group where all members are very close to, bang on or over 40 than this one. :hugs:

WHY has it been so hard to find a place where other women can understand you an get support from others?

It has took me a long time to find. I've been on other forums an when they find out you've got other children an older they ignore you like crazy.

WHY has it been so hard to find a place where other women can understand you an get support from others?

It has took me a long time to find. I've been on other forums an when they find out you've got other children an older they ignore you like crazy.

I don't know, but I have found lots of lovely ladies on B&B and not just in the over 40's thread. Have you thought about starting your own journal in the TTC section? That's where I started out and I have many younger friends in there who have been and continue to be wonderfully supportive. I've even met some in real life and we meet up every once in a while and have a lovely day out.

I say, that anyone who ignores you is not worth knowing anyway and you're better off without them. :hugs:

I sure hope I can be happy here. I've been through so much as been ignore by others on other forums. I was about ready to give up all together an finally found this forum so thought give it another shot an if not I just stop.

I hope never make anyone mad at me. I'm sometimes not good with words so forgive me if don't come out right.

Welcome bigger family, I don't have any kids but as others have said there's a mixture of 'girls' all over 40 here. I find there is great support here. It's become much more active on this thread in the last few weeks.

Thanks everyone for your sympathy/support. Have not decided what we are going to do next, need a few days to get my head around that it probably won't happen for us and we'll take it from there.

Thanks barnibear for the tip about is soy insoflavins. I'll do a search and see if I can find it...I'll contact you if that's ok if I can't find it. I see from your chart the spotting has stopped so hope you are feeling happier, only a few more days before you get to talk to yor gp.

Nise, I had all the blood tests done, fsh and Lh were both around the 5-6 levels so think that's ok for aged 42. My tsh was 3.9 and they said below 4.2 is ok. But reading the USA sites they seem to want a level of <2 for fertility. The drs here seem to less proactive and they all say you have noting to worry about Despite me having a strong family history of hypothyroidism.

Yea maximo, don't know what there is to loose by giving a fertility drug a go but it's hard to 'argue' with the consultant when you only have a fleeting. Knowledge of fertility stiff

Booth19, yea it's hard to take the usual stock answer, think I had too high expectations that they would do at least so something.

Pdmc, don't worry about feeling nauseated if you got a bfp.....I'm sure a bfp would be worth it despite the chance of nausea. probably that early on it, the nausea may not be too bad anyway.

At least we got car back. They never really found out what was caused it but they got it going. Just hope it does nt happen again.

Baby dust to everyone especially those coming near ovulation

don't worry Bigger, just sometimes it goes quiet for a little bit, we aren't ignoring you just as all over 40 and some of us having kids is a bit hectic at times. Stick around and i am sure you will find loads of support on here :)

Bigger, don't give up yet as 41 is quite young still :) I think things change a bit more maybe nearer 44/45 but having said that I (and a few other ladies) have got pregnant at 44 :thumbup::hugs:

Welcome biggerfamily I am quite sure you will be happy here, I just started, and all the ladies are wonderful. I am 41 and have been trying to concieve coming up on 2 years in april, have been on clomid the past 3 months now just finished clomid 150mg cd 5-9 and still no BFP, and am as of nowon cd 18 and still no positive OPK, So I completely understand how you feel. HUGS HUGS FRIENDS

Booth hope af stays away and it's a bfp. Fx'd for two great outcomes ( bfp and great grades)

Max I'm in Canada so snow is normal here this time - granted right now there's none in my area. I don't want a green Xmas

Bigger big hugs we all understand where your coming from. I have 2 kids dd18 and ds16. I also desperately want to have 1 more baby.
I'm ecstatic when one of these ladies gets a bfp. I share their ups and downs. I feel there pain when af shows up or worse happens
We all support each other. I hope this is the support you need from here

Pipi glad the car is back and working

Thanks ladies for the support and understanding and listening to me go on about the wedding. I will change my display pic after so you can see a pic

Have a great night and lots of baby dust to everyone

Hi Bigger :) Our daughters are the same age! Have you told your daughter that you are 'trying'? DH and I have two adopted children and never had the 'urge' to reproduce until very recently. Butterfly is right about 41 not being too old, although the logistics can vary depending on whether you have to hunt around for a doctor that will support you. Is your doctor on-board with your efforts? Take care - I don't always post but I do read frequently.

Morning Ladies

Bigger - See what a lovely welcome you have had and as I said most of us are nearing 40 or over - when I first joined this thread I gained a lot of support as I was on my journey to have just one more child - so we can all understand were you are coming from on that one.:flower:

When you reach a certain age Dr's seem to dismiss your concerns whether it be the length of time you are ttc or worse so this is where I found the ladies on here to be more knowledgeable and helpful than the Doctors.(thanks ladies):hugs:

I didn't understand about the issues us older ladies would have as I had two perfect children already how hard could it be?

The Drs unfortunately put a lot of of our concerns down to our age and also just bad luck - you will learn hun like the rest of us it helps to have an understanding Dr who is prepared at least to carry our basic blood tests.

So now you've found us - you have no need to be on your own:hugs:

:hugs:

X

Thanks barnibear for the tip about is soy insoflavins. I'll do a search and see if I can find it...I'll contact you if that's ok if I can't find it. I see from your chart the spotting has stopped so hope you are feeling happier, only a few more days before you get to talk to yor gp.

You're welcome Pippi, just send me a message or pop something on here and I will find it eventually. Personally speaking I was...what the hey, I'll give it a go, although it didn't work the months I used it, a few months later I was pregnant and who's to say it didn't do something to those early eggs that take 3 months to mature (sadly that ended in the Apr m/c)

Yeah spotting stopped, thanks to those that were asking. Paranoia has well and truely set in but trying to remain calm. Concentrating on the kitchen refit madness.

PDMC - Look foward to seeing that picture.

Bigger - I'm 41, I'll be 42 in April so hang in there. I'm have a low ovarian reserve according to my AMH tests. I have no idea if this will be successful or not. I've a whole lot of worry ahead because of my previous losses, but a happy ending can happen, and has happened for a number of ladies on here some older than us. So, try to keep positive, it can go a long way.

After being 40 it is pretty much fob off time. Fertility clinics will suggest IVF or donor eggs. Or you'll get the you've been pregnant before so it will happen again. They don't know that just by looking at you. If your GP is sympathetic they can be really helpful but even they have their moments. Its when things are dismissed out of hand, or without evidence that it gets really difficult because you feel there is no where to turn.

Hello to everyone else I haven't mentioned. I keep getting interrupted typing this so I've forgotten most of what I was going to write to who!!

Hi Bigger :) Our daughters are the same age! Have you told your daughter that you are 'trying'? DH and I have two adopted children and never had the 'urge' to reproduce until very recently. Butterfly is right about 41 not being too old, although the logistics can vary depending on whether you have to hunt around for a doctor that will support you. Is your doctor on-board with your efforts? Take care - I don't always post but I do read frequently.

Yep our oldest knows we're trying for a another baby. She is thrilled about it an said to me I hope you have a boy or twins this time. I laugh an said that be nice this time around so can be done for good. I've always wanted a big family but with all the issues at least hope for one more an it be done.

Our RE believes is a lady is in her 40's they are about to old to have babies. As he said to me long while back your getting OLDER an soon things will not work. I've had my bloodwork done an my levels for menopause isn't even close to menopause yet.

I'm seriously thinking of just giving up on TTC. I'm not happy at all an doing nothing for a day or so of fighting about ready to leave everthing an just give up all together.

Called my RE office today to ask a question an they aren't even in. I can't get no answers at all. :growlmad: of why they are wanting me to come in for a CD11 scan. I'm really ticked off at them an hate my body.

Bigger- I have 1 1/2 yo twin boys, am over 40 and thinking I may want another. Are they saying they won't consider IVF?

CD 17 and still low. The other day the stick had 2 nice lines on it so I'm going to tell myself the monitor is broken ha ha.

Hello everyone :

So after a ton of soul searching the hubby and I have decided to go for round #3 of IVF using my own eggs..Is that crazy? We can't afford a donor and the clicks ticking either way..In my heart I know our chances are way better with donor eggs, but just not financially possible :(
Any advise? :shrug:

See my sig

Thanks,
~Angie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79