TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Never I honestly have no advice we are ttc naturally so I know nothing
I just want to wish you lots of baby dust with ivf

Never I think that trying with your own eggs I something maybe you have to do to say you explored all avenues so if you want to go for that then :dust: to you :hugs:

One other option might be donor embryos which costs around £2k in Europe so less than if you are paying for your own ivf. Just a thought anyway. :flower:

Hi everyone,

Never2late, good luck with your third cycle of ivf. as a completely neutral observer im sorry to say probably donor eggs will be more likely to be successful considering your previous Ivf results. Sorry hope I'm not offending you.
How much extra are donor eggs in USA ? Would you consider travelling abroad for treatment with donor eggs...maybe it would be cheaper?

Thinking of you tomorrow, barnibear...hope you get some support for your own Gp.

When is your big day pdmc? Is it after Christmas ?

Noting new here, 9dpo and my temp went up last night but only got 2.5 hrs of continuous sleep so don't think it means anything. Nervous of what my temp will be tomorrow morning...hope it does nt keep me awake tonight wondering what it will be (as happened last night).
Sometimes coming up to Af I think I should stop temping as sometimes its too stressful.

Pippi I have done the same, stressing about temps so I don't sleep :dohh: yes, maybe stop taking them for a few days :thumbup::hugs:

Bless you Pippi, been there, done it, worn the t-shirt out! While I was still temping, I finally settled on this as a compromise to stop myself going stir crazy, willing it to stay high: temp for a couple of days after ovulation to establish it has actually happened, then stop until around 12 dpo because anything before then is only tormenting yourself that this could be it and you are likely to read far too much into a single reading. If it is over 37 on the last day of your usual luteal phase, THEN is the time to start getting excited ad losing sleep over it xx

Feeling for you Pippi - been there too. I couldn't agree with Spoomie more. :hugs:

Good luck tomorrow Barnibear. :hugs:

AFM - well massive turnaround at the end of last week. Having been told the court hearing on the 30th Nov was postponed till 16th Jan - it seems something went ahead coz SW rang and told me she'd been to court and it looks like they are going to grant us contact! She's back in court tomorrow so we will know for sure then! What should have been great news has caused so much worry and panic though because we are totally un-prepared and SW contact plan can only be likened to getting a bfp and then being told you're going into hospital to have the baby 2 weeks later. Because of the postponement I'm now part way through a new work contract that doesn't end till Feb 14th and is to late to pull out of and our house is not ready - final stage of renovations still on-going = no bedroom for LG yet :brat: Full version is in my journal if your interested. :hugs:

Bigger- I have 1 1/2 yo twin boys, am over 40 and thinking I may want another. Are they saying they won't consider IVF?

CD 17 and still low. The other day the stick had 2 nice lines on it so I'm going to tell myself the monitor is broken ha ha.

My RE will not do IVF on any women the age of 40.

Pippi my wedding is dec29!!!!!
I don't temp it stressed me out too much, I hope you sleep tonight

Hi butterfly, spoomie and bigger

Nise I'm excited for you

Afm we went to Toronto for df bday stayed in a hotel lots of bd and the bonus it is my fertile window!

Af is due just before Xmas- now I'd be ok either way if it happened or didn't

I hope your all surviving the crazy holiday season. I'm almost done all the Christmas gifts and wedding stuff shopping ( hopefully tomorrow)

Thanks butterfly, Spoomie and Nise. nice to know I'm not the only crazy woman lying awake over a temperatures. The spike was just a once off...but i never learn.
Like your idea Spoomie...might just try that although I like knowing that af is on her way, low temps kinda prepare your mind to accept that it's not a bfp.
If I could discipline myself not to turn on the light as my thermo remembers the temp so I don't need to look at it straight away. I usually wake at 4 or 5 am briefly and then i take temp and go back to sleep.

Great news Nise,...does lg get to come to your house or is contact at her foster patents? Actually I should check out your journal and save you repeating yourself. Hope you get things sorted in time with the renovations and your work.
Such good news though for Christmas.

Less than 3 weeks then pdmc, can't imagine trying to prepare for a wedding day and Christmas at the same time. Hope the Toronto trip brings back a bfp, would be perfect timing.

The Interim residency order was granted today :happydance: We can start contact and the court have agreed to a slightly less stressful schedule that gives LG and us a chance to bond properly prior to the big move in which will now be the half term in Feb - so not that far away. Very happy and excited and about to get into full blown nesting! :hugs:

Nise, this is truly wonderful. Your excitement is a joy to hear and confirms that there is more than one route to happiness, which can be a hard lesson to keep sight of in the midst of TTC OCD. February half term will be here before you know it. The more gentle timescale sounds like a very sensible plan, I'm sure it will make the transition smoother.

I feel for all those going through a hard time with stuff and poor Pippi, you reminded me of that desperation to see climbing temps by the light of my phone in the early hours when I too could have put the thermometer back under the pillow and waited till morning :-( Reading that and recalling actually made me shiver. I may not have my longed for sibling but I am so so glad to be free of that torment and in the depths of depression I never ever, ever thought I'd be able to say that so hang in there - either you will get your longed for baby or you will slowly learn to find your way back to happiness in another form. I know I am repeating myself but as my bereavement counsellor told me, remember: nothing stays the same forever; if things are really bad they will change, sadly (as many of us know the acute pain of loss) if they are really good they will change too. Hang in their ladies xxx

Hi everyone,

Never2late, good luck with your third cycle of ivf. as a completely neutral observer im sorry to say probably donor eggs will be more likely to be successful considering your previous Ivf results. Sorry hope I'm not offending you.
How much extra are donor eggs in USA ? Would you consider travelling abroad for treatment with donor eggs...maybe it would be cheaper?

Thinking of you tomorrow, barnibear...hope you get some support for your own Gp.

When is your big day pdmc? Is it after Christmas ?

Noting new here, 9dpo and my temp went up last night but only got 2.5 hrs of continuous sleep so don't think it means anything. Nervous of what my temp will be tomorrow morning...hope it does nt keep me awake tonight wondering what it will be (as happened last night).
Sometimes coming up to Af I think I should stop temping as sometimes its too stressful.

You're not offending me at all :hugs: Thank you.

Great new Nise, glad to hear the contact will be at a more relaxed pace and let you get to know LG slowly..and vice versa obviously.
Yes as Spoonie said its great to see that this is as exciting as any bfp.

Thanks Spoonie, can't ever imagine life not taking temps and hoping for triphasic charts but its good to see that one can move on. It's nice to know that you can get back to the place where one is nt obsessing about all things ttc

Barnibear, how did today with gp go?

Pippi, I also meant to say that I too still like to temp around 12dpo to be ready for imminent arrival of the ever unwelcome AF. Oh yes, triphasic charts....I hated FFF (I invented the third F for an obvious reason!) when she would raise my hopes with 'Your chart may be triphasic......' only to dash them by silently removing it a day or two later. I really sense your pain/despair/longing/panic through your posts and I can relate so closely to all of these emotions, I also know that it is impossible for you to take any comfort from my journey :-( but I pray the pain passes soon xxx

Yay congratulations! So excited for you - it brings back sooo many memories of bringing home my son (who was 5yrs 10mths at the time) and a few years later my daughter (who was 4 and a half).

Thanks Ladies. It is very exciting and Spoomie, Pippi it is just like getting a bfp you're right.

Barnibear - Hope all is going well with you - I love that you're still charting.

Maddy - Thanks lovely. It's nice to hear the positive vibe from someone who has been there. I just noticed that you're from Oz. I'm from Oz originally, still have the passport lol. I've been in England since I was a kid and stayed when my family all went back. :hugs:

Nise how wonderful feb will be here in a blink of an eye!

Spoomie wonderful advice, it is true

Hi pipi Marie never and booth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"