TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Hi Ladies, been busy rushing round shopping so not been on for a couple of days and seemed to have missed a few posts.

Barni, scan really down to how you feel, I was in the same boat last year and never got one , eventually at 11 weeks I m/c but wished now I had taken a scan. Think at the time I didn't want any bad news spoiling Christmas not realizing also that I could have relaxed a little with good or bad news? fingers crossed for you :)

Hi Garfie - test - why the hell not! maybe a nice surprise and if not a large glass of wine with dinner x

Mistyy - lots of :dust: to you, i will be soon on the 2WW I hope

Pdmcd - rant away to us, I do know how you are feeling as I am completely this way with a friend of mine, she just sees it an accident but making most of it GRRR

Nise, I bet you can't wait, it will be like Xmas morning for all of you xx

Maddy, really sorry to hear that but fingers crossed its just a slow build :hugs:

Hi to all the other ladies frantically preparing for Xmas

AFM - should hopefully o/v around the 18th or 19th which makes me testing round 1st /2nd January. I will be in America for new year so no updates but at least that stops me testing from a date where there is no possibility of me getting a BFP and squinting at it sure I can see something!":wacko:

Went for my ultrasound today an it went OK. Have one follie on LO an will go for in for IUI on Monday. I didn't even ask the size but was told my lining looked really good. Reason didn't ask the size was after what the RE said I just tried to block everything else out.

What made the day not great was while the RE was doing the ultrasound he said if this cycle don;t work have one more to go an he will not do anymore. We're so praying that this cycle works if not have one more an that is it.

May have to look for a new RE that will work with ladies my age. If not our having a 3rd is gone. :cry:

Update...Ladies.
NO IUI this month... It's canceled... I'm so depressed I'm sick. No IUI this time went al that way over for a 2hr drive an didnt get to do it.

Can't explain right now as just to updet to. Life suxs rite now

NO IUI this month...:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Here is WHY..

'll try to explain WHY so depressed, sad an so sick. We was planning doing our IUI this morning & my DH has never ever had issues with doing his thing before but this time was a no go at all. :cry: He just couldn't do anything at all no where even getting his job done. I know he tried but when he told me he just couldn't I just broke down started crying. I said well have to forget this cycle and guess it be a bust. I even asked our RE to do a ultrasound see if I ovulated yet an he said NO WAY . I'm just so depressed things looks no + for a pregnancy this time. Now our RE nurse said for us to try an bd this evening if can but I just don't know if I can even do any bdn't for now. I've been very upset n doing nothing but crying. I feel like a failer an here we missed this cycle.

This just suxs so much this time. I wanted so bad too get this IUI done an hope maybe just maybe give my DH a gift for his birthday telling him I'm pregnant but oh no will not get too. Way I feel right now not sure if do a cycle for Janurary or not.:shrug:

My DH sit me down had a talk with me in our bedroom saying he was so sorry he couldn't do anything as he knows how important it was to do his thing but he just couldn't so he asked me when AF would be due and said maybe this next cycle we do it but I told him right now just don't know if will by the way feeling. He also said to me if it's in the middle of week might be better but I told him just wait to see if AF shows an then I'll count up the days an see then. Just right now I'm so depressed, sad an sick in stomach just can't think straight or even thing of doing another cycle. :nope::nope: Maybe this feeling pass in a day or so but for now just so down about missing this cycle I'm hurting. I feel like my heart is breaking in certain ways knowing this maybe a bust plus our RE will only do 2 more cycles an that is it.

Should I ask for blood work to check making sure I ovulate or not? I just don't know if should call see if can have my blood drawn to make sure ovulated but just don't know if should as it would be Christmas eve I think..

Is this a normal feeling?

I've never felt this bad before.

Bigger, keeping everything crossed for you tomorrow, it's such a roller coaster journey.
We've had a month off the fertility drugs etc but obviously still tried this month, but def not pregnant :(
We have an appointment with the consultant on Thursday then nurse right after so we can hopefully go ahead with IVF in Jan, but worried as AF came earlier than expected so will be day 6 of my cycle by Thurs so hoping its not too late to go for it. I spoke to one of the nurses and she said depends whether the consultant thinks we should go 'long protocol' or 'short protocol', I'm not sure of the difference. I'll be gutted if we can't do Jan, as Feb won't be possible for other reasons.
Just wondering has anyone heard of Mild IVF? Was reading about a clinic in S London (create) and how the success rate in older ladies is actually higher than regular IVF plus it's a lot cheaper. Thinking that if this IVF doesn't work I may explore this option. Not sure if I'm grasping at straws though ...

Hello ladies!! just popped in to see how you were all doing. Hubby and I still doing the adoption arguments, not got anywhere yet...but drinking lots of wine!
Nise - sounds fantastic xxx
Maddy - so sorry xxx hugs x
Hello to all the newbies - I was a regular here for years, but moved on now. Good luck and baby dust to you all xx
Pussycat- Mild IVF and Create unfortunately have appalling stats in terms of success. If you're giving it one last go, I would go to ARGC, which is the most expensive, but the best for our age group xx
I stalk you all occasionally and dream of the days when BFP's were possible for me - keep the torch for us oldies and remember the successes on this thread.
Reb (Now Mrs Reb!) x

Hi Reb :hi: good to see you. Hope you and DH can agree on the adoption and congrats on being Mrs Reb now! :wedding: :happydance::hugs:

Hi ladies x

Reb! :xmas3: Hellooooo. Congrats huny. Nice to see you lurking. Come here mooooooore! We miss you! TTC or not! :xmas12:

PDMCD - How long now? You must be so excited! My bet is that once your wonderful day gets underway you'll be so nervous/happy/excited that you'll hardly give your SIL a second thought! Cant wait to hear all about the big day :xmas8:

Pippi - stalked your chart a little bit, glad to see that old witch is leaving the building. No AF for xmas for you then! :xmas4:

Butterfly - :xmas3:

Pussycat :xmas3:

Bigger - i feel for you, i really do. Personally when my DH and i were going through a particularly tough part of our TTC i found that it helped my DH psychologically speaking, and therefore 'sperm-alogically' speaking (!) when i kept the very worst of my upset and anxiety away from him, so to speak. We talked about our situation, and i showed my emotions, of course, but i kept my worst meltdowns away from him for a few cycles. I know this isn't a very PC or feminist view - seeming to 'shield' the man like this - but for us it had a knock on effect that he felt a little less under pressure, which meant his 'performance' didn't suffer. I hope you dont take any of that the wrong way - because i sympathise with you so much :hugs: It's a hard thing to explain without sounding unkind, and i don't mean it like that. I know you're in a really tough place right now. I'm just sharing how my DH and i coped. I hope next cycle goes more smoothly. Keep us posted :hugs:

Maddy - how are you? Keeping everything crossed for you there :hugs:

Garfie - :xmas3:

Nise -:xmas3: Lovely to hear about your visiting with LG being sorted. You're getting there! We've not been doing much actual shop shopping here either. Thank goodness for online shopping ay? We did go into town Saturday for 4 prezzies. Bedlam! It put me in a stinking mood, lol. Just the food shop to do now - a packed Tesco one evening at the end of this week. Maaaaarvelous! :haha:

Barnie :xmas3:

Booth :xmas3:

Never2late :xmas3:

tiatammy - :xmas3:

maxxiandniko - :xmas3:

MissC - for if you are lurking, or for when you read back :hugs: + :xmas3:

TTCafter40 :xmas3:

And ALL lurkers and anyone i've missed! :xmas3: :xmas16: :xmas9:

AFM - not allot to report. DPO 10. :xmas17:
Temp did it's usual sky high thing yesterday. What IS that all about ????? Back down to usual this morning. FF has been changing its mind about my ov day everytime i put a temp in this cycle :xmas22: which has been amusing. On a conversational TMI note - i had loads of egg-white CM around ov this cycle! I usually have a bit - but this was lots. Didn't do anything different to cause it. Weird. Is it hormonal do you think?

ANYWAY ........ :haha:

love and hugs and Christmassy :dust: to all xxxx

Hi. I'm awful at checking in. I definitely wanted to say sorry to you Maddy, go for it Angela, and I still feel like I'm getting a little kick in the stomach when I hear that someone's pg pdmc so I get it. Hugs to everyone going through a hard time. AFM -I started using the monitor this month and it showed low the whole time. Of course I started thinking great I'm peri-menopausal and so when I saw yesterday's low I got really upset and bought a preg test. I got a faint positive when I took the test yesterday afternoon. I took another test and still a faint positive. This morning it's still positive but still light. So I'm thinking A) how is this even possible and B) if it is it's probably not going to work out since it's so light and didn't get darker with my FMU today. Today would be CD 28 so it should be darker. I'll call the dr this morning but honestly I don't even want to go in. I just know this won't end well and we leave on vacation Sunday and with my luck my betas will drop too slowly and she'll want me to do serial blood tests and I can't since I'll be away. Sorry for being so negative but this happened to me with one of my chemicals.

misty i find my cm is varied month to month with no rhyme or reason hormones diet. Just take it, and go with it. its great for the spemies!

i am so excited about the actual wedding I cant wait to marry my amazing man. i am dreading the dinner. i have told df and prewarned him i may be using my cphone to help me cope with his family. As unfortunately are wedding is also his families christmas gathering and the first time in over 1 yr all hte siblings will be together.

misty and others who is still here on the FB group? i can personally add you onto my fb and you can see the pics

Max im praying for your positive outcome - congrats

it is looking like we will have a green christmas here there is no snow here in southern ontario and i think it is sad i want snow for christmas. we normally have some by now.

Just a quick post...

Good luck max, keep us posted.
Sorry to hear you going through a tougher time bigger. Feal sorry for your oh, can't be easy the pressure of having to produce the goods.

Yes misty, af on her way out, will ovulate on Christmas Day or the day after..so better not eat so much we can't bd! Spookily the same timing almost as when we conceived last year...just one year older thought.
I took vitex for the last 2 months but af was so light and was a day late ( despite my temps dropping) so going to stop it. My cycles are regular so don't think it's adding any benefit.
Fingers crossed for you this month, its nice to have loads of cm around bd thought. I always feel bd is more likely to be successful if there lots of cm. your spike this month is almost like last month.

Good luck and have a great day pdmc,
Congrats mrs Reb...

I go for blood work tomorrow and then Thursday. I would just let it alone but I leave for vacation on Sunday and won't be back till New Year's Day so I don't want to miss anything major.

Was just checking to see if there were any new posts and stalked your chart maddy40 as was wondering how things were progressing. so sorry to see af arrived. Hope you doing ok.

I wish all the ladies a very merry christmas, and a happy new year and may all your wishes come true this year.:xmas7::xmas6::xmas4::xmas3::xmas9::xmas10::xmas12::xmas16::xmas17: HUGS HUGS FRIENDS

Hi ladies :xmas3:

:hugs: Maddy :( I am sorry.

Just came to have a nose at what's happening too. Very quiet here - I guess we're all busy cooking all those last minute hand made mince pies and sausage rolls 'et all'? No? :haha::haha: Neither am i! lol. The prezzies are all done now, except one. Oh and the two which STILL havn't turned up from Amazon ...... :dohh: <please please let them turn up today>

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->