TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Pressed Send too soon! :dohh:

I was only going to say - thinking of you PCMCD and excited for you for your :wedding:

AFM - DPO13.

FFs got me ov'ing on CD13 ... Wrong i think. My luteal phase is never longer than 14 days, so i'm expecting AF on Sunday. Nice. Why does it always shift itself to the bloomin weekend? Hmm?? :coffee: Anyway FF is going to think AF is late :shrug:

Oh well, love and hugs xxx

Maddy - BIG :hugs: so sorry hun :flower:

Love to all the ladies how mad has this week been :haha:

:hugs:

X

:xmas3: Hello to everyone :xmas3:

Just thought I'd pop in an say we saw a heartbeat today. Very tiny, needed the internal scan to find it. Measures at just over 5 weeks when I thought I was just over 6 weeks but they did say it can be +/- 7 days at this stage. I'm hoping and praying that this will be a sticky bean and stay with us this time. The consultant has given me Clexane to start at 7 weeks, please, please, please let this be the one that we get to see grow up.

Merry Christmas to you all and have a fantastic wedding PDMC. Enjoy the holidays, I here there's no white Christmas in the UK, it will more likely be a wet Christmas!

:xmas16::xmas9::xmas16:

Barn - Aw hun that's great news - of course you will see this little one grow up :happydance::happydance: The rain has already begun:cry: What's Clexane hun:shrug:

PD - Enjoy your wedding hun - it goes by so fast and enjoy your honeymoon even more :winkwink:

Love to all:flower:

:hugs:

X

Barn that is wonderful fx'd

It's snowing here!!! Maybe it'll stick around

I will post pics on fb on our group after the wedding

I can't wait to be off after Monday -for the holidays and wedding
We're going to do a delayed honeymoon trip late winter when the resort ls are less expensive

We are going away to a very nice hotel for 2 nights in Toronto ( one wed never stay in normally as it rather expensive I've never stayed in a 5* before)

Misty I'm due for af on Monday well be cycle buddies except I'm a 24 day cycle
But maybe the evil witch will stay away for us both

I've been fighting a bug I'm sore and achy and stuffy I've been resting lots as I can't afford to get sick the holidays and wedding are so close. Df is fighting it too not fun

Lots of baby dust to everyone

Great news barnibear, when is your next scan...hopefully they won't leave you till 12 weeks.

Take it easy pdmc, at least it's better to be fighting it now than next week, you should both be well over it by 29th. I'm not on fb at all...so maybe I won't get to see any photos. Just resisted joining and use my ohs account to keep in touch with mutual friends.

Misty, looks like you prob ovulated cd15 or 16. When you use 'research' method to predict ovulation does it also give same day? Sometimes I find that's better than advance if the chart is a bit unclear.

Going to gp in a few minutes, going to ask her what my options are for ivf (as thats all the nhs ferility consultant said was worth our while doing....even thought he didnt think that was even worth doing). we might give one cycle a go despite the horrendous odds and the expense.

Pippi do you have the option of using an Egg Donor to get around the 'old eggs' issue that we all have as over-40s?

Hope you're doing ok Maddy...

I don't know Maddy about egg donation...not easy to get in Northern Ireland and tbh not sure I want to go down that route.
I think I'd like the baby to be genetically mine and DH's. I know I would n't like to use a sperm donor as I want my DHs child and I think my DH feels the same way about a donor egg. I think I'd prefer just total adoption than having a baby that is biologically related to only one of us. I don't mean to cause offence to any others out there as I know lots of people go down that route, but I don't think its for me. Well then never say never, I said IVF was n't for me and now I'm considering it....so who says in a years time I won't feel differently. I don't know....there's a lot to get your head around with this ttc lark when you are over 40.

hello ladies an update doc. has upped my clomid to 200mg cd 5-9, so i start tomm. wishing you all the best a merry christmas and a happy new year, and may all your wishes come true. HUGS HUGS FRIENDS. I HOPE THIS DOSE DOES IT.

Thanks for your well wishes, I'm never sure if you want to know or not. Next scan will be around 8 weeks, 2nd week in Jan. I'm having clexane, it's a blood thinner because there were lots of clots in the placenta when I had my son, which probably caused his death so this time round they're trying to ensure that won't be an issue. I was terrified this morning at the scan, but I'm glad I've been now. There's still lots more worry ahead, I may relax a bit after 12weeks, but I've got to get there first.

Thank you all, for your support. I know we've all been through so much.

Maddy - so sorry :hugs:
Pd - have a wonderful wedding!
Barni - this one will be fine!
Hi to everyone else
My beta was 142 and I go for a second one on Saturday just to see if anything's going wrong yet.

Barni, that's lovely news! Do keep us posted, hearing good news like this gives us hope!
We had an appointment with our consultant today who said what we knew she would: next step IVF. I'm encouraged as she said biologically I was more like 36 (I've just turned 42), and my partners samples had all been good, our failure to conceive by IUI (we've had 3 failed attempts) can't be explained but could be any number of things. She said to give us the best possible chance we should have IVF with ICSI which we said yes to at the time, but now after reading more I'm wondering if that's really necessary, though I suppose they know best. I do sometimes get the feeling they see the chance to earn a little but more and ICSI is an extra £1000. Anyway I start the injections 4th Jan, so fingers crossed this is it for us!
Happy Christmas everyone and here's to a fertile 2013!

Good luck to everyone.

May you all have a wonderful holiday season and get everything you want

AFM: Got mother out of nursing home Monday an she hadn't been home long til she went to the ER 2 days later an then again this morning so they kept her in hospital an going to try have her put back in nursing home as she;s not able to be at her home alone at night.

Now about me I've got a darn horrible YI an not sure WHY but I'm treating myself for it. Since IUI was cancled me an DH finally bdn't on the peak day so it would be great if was pregnant but not getting my hopes up.

Congrats to the ones that is pregnant. May you have a HH9M

Hope you're doing ok Maddy...

I don't know Maddy about egg donation...not easy to get in Northern Ireland and tbh not sure I want to go down that route.
I think I'd like the baby to be genetically mine and DH's. I know I would n't like to use a sperm donor as I want my DHs child and I think my DH feels the same way about a donor egg. I think I'd prefer just total adoption than having a baby that is biologically related to only one of us. I don't mean to cause offence to any others out there as I know lots of people go down that route, but I don't think its for me. Well then never say never, I said IVF was n't for me and now I'm considering it....so who says in a years time I won't feel differently. I don't know....there's a lot to get your head around with this ttc lark when you are over 40.

Not insulted, I firmly believe there's something out there for everyone :) Adoption was my first option (I have 2 adopted kids) and now I'm trying to TTC, so for me the whole biological connection wasn't important at all, but I know that for many people it's a high priority. Best of luck! :flower:

Barni, that's lovely news! Do keep us posted, hearing good news like this gives us hope!
We had an appointment with our consultant today who said what we knew she would: next step IVF. I'm encouraged as she said biologically I was more like 36 (I've just turned 42), and my partners samples had all been good, our failure to conceive by IUI (we've had 3 failed attempts) can't be explained but could be any number of things. She said to give us the best possible chance we should have IVF with ICSI which we said yes to at the time, but now after reading more I'm wondering if that's really necessary, though I suppose they know best. I do sometimes get the feeling they see the chance to earn a little but more and ICSI is an extra £1000. Anyway I start the injections 4th Jan, so fingers crossed this is it for us!
Happy Christmas everyone and here's to a fertile 2013!

ICSI is worth it but yes I'm sure the extra money doesn't hurt them!

Pippi - I hear you. When I did IVF I went there wondering if I would do a donor egg if the IVF didn't work. It's not an easy decision and I totally understand what you're saying.
Bigger - sorry about the YI (and your mom although it sounds funny to put your mom and a YI in the same sentence) but I hope the BD works.
Tia - good luck!
Hi to everyone else!

Barni- yes we love to hear success stories on here, i am sure everything will be fine and try to relax a little over Xmas - easier said than done I know.

Maddy - sorry to hear of your chemical :( sending hugs

Pipi- i know what you mean about donor eggs, I was told the best chance was with donor eggs but really do not want to go down the that route. I suppose its easier for me i already having an 8 yo but if it doesn't happen for me again i will just be grateful for what I have got.:)

Maxi - fingers crossed for you :)

AFM - not sure if O this month, was due in last couple of days but only getting a darker strip today! Oh well onwards and upwards.

If I don't manage to get on here before Xmas wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas, and a happy, healthy and fertile new year. Good luck to all those testers at Christmas and hopefully when i get back from my Xmas hols I see a few BFPs xx

Maddy my lovely, I am so sorry to hear your news and wish you much strength at this sad time. I had the same thing just before last Christmas so can empathise with you. :hugs:

:witch::xmas2: CD1 again here. With cramps and grumpiness etc. That means FF was right and i ov'd on CD13 this time. Perhaps this month i should start the BDWI on CD11 or 12 instead of the usual CD12 or 13?

Anyway, the good thing is i usually only have about 4 days of bleeding, so should be ok again for a bit of xmas action with DH by xmas night :xmas20: :haha:

The other good thing is the house is full of chocolate and i've decreed it's time to make a start on it all!

Love all xxx

:witch::xmas2: CD1 again here. With cramps and grumpiness etc. That means FF was right and i ov'd on CD13 this time. Perhaps this month i should start the BDWI on CD11 or 12 instead of the usual CD12 or 13?

Anyway, the good thing is i usually only have about 4 days of bleeding, so should be ok again for a bit of xmas action with DH by xmas night :xmas20: :haha:

The other good thing is the house is full of chocolate and i've decreed it's time to make a start on it all!

Love all xxx

Trust the bloody witch to try and turn it into Shitmas! Go open that chocolate and get stuck in - you will not be beaten. It certainly wouldn't hurt to try CD11 for start point if you are aiming for CD13 - best the :spermy: ready and waiting rather than trying to catch up! Hope the cramps bugger off soon. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->