TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Hi girls,

Quick update. Af like cramping has ceased. Boobs still sore. 3 days to wait & see. Thanks so much for your messages of support.

Pdmcd good luck tomorrow. So excited for you!!! Sending love his & baby dust for your special day.

Misty thanks for your message. Keeping everything crossed for you.

Here's hoping for all of us :)

May Everyone Have A Very Happy New Year an Get Your BFP's!!!

AFM: Still going to be TTC but my DH & I decided be best to leave the internet to relax an not stress..Do our last 2 IUI's these next few months an then save for IVF/ICSI/PGD an more for 2014.

God Bless All an may you all have a HH9M to all.

Good Bye I'm Gone Now!!!v

Bigger good luck and if you feel up to it come back and check in

So ladies today is my big day wow I'm so excited!!!

I'm at the salon under the dryer the big old kind with curlers in my hair lol
I can't wait to see the finished product

I will post pics on fb and if I can figure out the spoiler ill post one here for all my friends here to see

Af ended so I will get my wedding night bd in lol and I'm entering my fertile window so fx'd for a wedding bfp

Goodluck to everyone

Pdmcd17 hope your wedding is wonderful, can't wait to hear about it.

Adele not long to wait now (although I bet it feels forever to you).

Bigger do pop in and visit from time to time.

Happy early new year to everyone!

Maddy the wait is endless!!

Pdmcd have a fantastic day (and night). Would love to see some pics :)

No change today. Boobs still sore. Have noticed that every afternoon for the last week I've dozed off on the settee. Is it a sign of something or have I just been a total pig over Christmas haha.

Not feeling terribly hopeful at all. Just waiting for the witch to arrive on Monday :(

Baby dust to everyone xxx

So af starting to make an appearance. Not my month. Only 1 more month to try :(

Actually feeling really bummed. What's the chances of us succeeding over the next month when we haven't succeeded since mmc sept 2011. It's been 15 months of bd nonstop yet af shows up like clockwork every month. F*** you Aunt Flow I f****** hate you :(

Aw Adele :hugs::hugs::hugs: So sorry to hear AF is at the door. Is the one more month trying a joint idea or your own? It seems very final! Although, as we have all discussed at times before on this thread, there has to come a time to call it a day at some point. It's a hard fact to face. I have found it helpful to see the unmentionable 'giving up' discussed here in a positive way actually. It helps me remember there is life after TTC. Rambling now, sorry.

Bigger - good luck on your journey.

PDMCD - you'll be a married woman by now. Yay! How exciting! :happydance:

:wave: to Maddy

AFM - feeling shitty! Got DH's flu. Ear ache, sore throat, head ache, burning up, the lot. Dunno what CD i am ... at the mo i don't care! lol. Had to do roast dinner for 6 earlier and all i wanted to do was curl up on the sofa.

I think my ov is due on the day or the day after DH goes back to work next week. So he'll be tired just when i'm getting fruity :roll: Typical!

Love to all, anyway xxx :dust:

Aw Adele :hugs::hugs::hugs: So sorry to hear AF is at the door. Is the one more month trying a joint idea or your own? It seems very final! Although, as we have all discussed at times before on this thread, there has to come a time to call it a day at some point. It's a hard fact to face. I have found it helpful to see the unmentionable 'giving up' discussed here in a positive way actually. It helps me remember there is life after TTC. Rambling now, sorry.

Bigger - good luck on your journey.

PDMCD - you'll be a married woman by now. Yay! How exciting! :happydance:

:wave: to Maddy

AFM - feeling shitty! Got DH's flu. Ear ache, sore throat, head ache, burning up, the lot. Dunno what CD i am ... at the mo i don't care! lol. Had to do roast dinner for 6 earlier and all i wanted to do was curl up on the sofa.

I think my ov is due on the day or the day after DH goes back to work next week. So he'll be tired just when i'm getting fruity :roll: Typical!

Love to all, anyway xxx :dust:

Hey Misty,

We discussed it (me & hubby) with obgyn. She said that after the 44th birthday fertility plummets & there is an apt already made for feb 22nd for me to have mirena fitted. Hubby & I talked again over Christmas & I think I'll be cancelling that apt lol but we have given ourselves just a month or so.

We got pregnant in 2011 without planning. It had been so long happening (4 yrs) that I actually didnt think I still could. Our kids are 20 and 17 but we were all thrilled at the prospect of a little one joining us. We went for nuchal screening at 13 wks & there was no heartbeat. We have been ttc ever since & it's the hoping and disappointment every month that's killing me. It's taken over my life to the point where I'm not sure i can keep taking the disappointment.

Me & hubby decided if nothing happens in next month or so then thats Mother Nature's way of telling us we're just too darn old. I would love to be happy again. I haven't been truly happy since we had mmc & I'm sick of plastering a smile on & pretending I'm ok. My hubby & kids are wonderful & so supportive but other people (family & so called friends) have actually said that I'm too old & that I already had my children.

Thanks for listening. At least I can come in here and rant and everyone in here actually understands exactly how I'm feeling xxx

Ps Misty, hope you start feeling better soon & if your hubby's too tired do what I do. I say just lie there honey ill do all the work hahaha it doesn't take long to get him going xxxx

Hi ladies I hope this works here's our hockey themed pic from the wedding!

I'm a Mrs!!!! I'm wearing his family tartan and he has his tartan bow tie in
It was funny me trying to walk in skates and a dress but he loved the pic

The wedding was wonderful, the minister funny my kids looked so beautiful and grow up! My dd was my maid of honour and ds have me away and hugged me ( in front of everyone - he's 16)

The dinner was harder I had to see my showing sil, I had a mini break to the bathroom when dh got snippy at my snippy comment where I referred to her as the vegetarian. ( and no I don't have problems with vegetarians I just couldn't use her name)

Of course him being snippy made it harder, we made up but I felt like such a evil cow for hating & resenting her for being pregnant. I had another meltdown on the way to the hotel cause I avoid his families table cause I couldn't bear seeing her. Dh was amazingly supportive, it's hard for us both I feel like I'm being crazy

I'm so happy I'm married and now I have no reason to see her till after she has the baby in may.

We are in Toronto for a few days and outside union station the major transit hub
For trains buses street cars and the subway was a homeless teen young adult girl holding a sign baby girl due feb 2013 please help

All I could think is so many responsible employed in a stable relationship desperately want a baby and could afford the lo- and here a street person is pregnant I said to dh how can she honestly expect to raise the baby.

Enough if my rant I did have a lovely evening last night and still can't believe we're really married!!!! Dh is dozing beside me lol it's 7 pm and I can't wait to go out for diner.

I want to wish all my lovely bnb friends a healthy happy New Years where you are surrounded by love and happiness. May your dreams come true or you find peace with post ttc life. You have all been do supportive of me and everyone else on this up and down journey and I know I couldn't make it with out your supports.

Happy New Years ladies

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 17
Awe Adele, I'm sorry the rotten old witch had to come along and spoil the party. I wouldn't put pressure on myself to completely give up yet if I was you 44 is not over the hill there are a shit load of women older than that who all got pg naturally and went on to have healthy babies. Cancel the poxy Merina - why put a barrier in the way. Look forwards, take up all the shit you gave up, keep the faith and we'll keep our fingers crossed for you. :hugs:

PCMCD - :wohoo: Gorgeous pic, looks like you had so much fun. Loving the wedding dress and ice skates combo. Congratulations Mrs! :hugs:

Misty - Sorry you've got the lurgy, I sympathise as I'm just getting over it - in clear out mode and every time I blow my nose my left ear pops and bloody hurts! Hope you feel better for tomorrow and can enjoy NYE.

AFM - Had a nice Christmas, was quiet with just the two of us but soon got noisy on the 27th. We had a lovely time with LG she liked her presents and managed to solve the riddles - funnily enough when she opened the first present she said 'Yep, exactly what I asked Santa for'! That was the present I just saw and bought on implulse - the other one a chocolate coin maker was what the Foster Mother told me she'd asked for! We took her out for the whole day - went to the Life Centre in Newcastle and did everything including ice skating which was what she was most excited about. She's a lovely little girl, has a very happy nature. I thought it might be uncomfortable at first but she just chats away non stop and is not in the least bit shy and it's impossible not to be caught up in the impulse. When we were skating, she saw a little girl not much younger than her who was struggling a bit so she asked her if she needed some help. :cloud9: OH didn't skate, but he watched and every time she passed him she waved and kept going up and saying 'hiya' then skating off again. We popped in on one of the other Aunties and she told her she wants her room pale blue! I'm going back on Wednesday for a couple of days, but OH can't go as he has to work - so we're doing all the girly stuff then. Foster Mum told me that her real mother didn't turn up for contact on Christmas Eve!!! :hugs:

:happydance:Happy New Year Everyone :happydance:
:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

I'll let you into a secret girls ... I HATE new years eve! lol. Have done ever since i was a teen :shrug: Always find it an anticlimax. To compound the problem the last 2 years me and DH have managed to have an awful row just before midnight! Arrgghh! We don't argue that often either :wacko:

THIS year, however, we have our lovely wedding to look back on, and we are determined to have a gentle, loving 12 o'clock NYE. Neither of us are very healthy physically or financially at the mo, so it's a quiet night in with youngest DD and a bottle of champers for us at midnight. I love DH so much, and he's my lover, my friend, my rock and my soulmate <3

Adele - you made me smile with your 'i'll do all the work' with hubby :haha: done that a few times, and yep, he soon joins in :blush: I second what Nise says: leave the old Mirena out of it! The situation i'm in at the mo is that i have have about 0 expectations of getting pregnant now - but don't want to find myself in a few years looking back and wondering what if i'd just carried on ttc a bit longer. So i plod on ... veeery slowly reaching the stage where i'm happy if i fall preg, and (sort of) happy if i don't. Like i was before my mc in 2011. Like you i wasnt actually expecting to fall preg back then - and have struggled with it taking over my life ever since :( So big :hugs:, what ever you decide. And yes - this is a good place to vent :thumbup:

PCMCD - wow you look so happy and wonderful there! :wedding: Bless! I can feel your happiness spilling out of your posts right now xxx I'm glad you got round the SIL situation eventually. Don't dwell on her. Everything changes and soon any envy you have will be long forgotten :hugs::hugs:

Nise - it's so good to hear about your time with Lg and what fun you had with her. AT LAST! You've waited so long! You better get some pale blue paint asap then, lol.

Love and happy new year hugs to everyone - posters and lurkers alike - :dust:

(see you next year :haha:)

HAPPY NEW YEAR

May 2013 ring the changes and bring lots of good times for everyone.:wine:

I love NYE more than Christmas though that might well change next year with a little bit of luck. Will be dragging the glad rags out of the wardrobe and partying tonight with OH and other friends. Hope you all have fun whatever you're doing. :drunk:

Happy New Year Ladies :happydance:

Adele I agree, forget the mirena if you can and just go with the the flow. Why prevent something that you want? Like Mistyy says if you don't expect it to happen then just see what does :shrug:

Pcmdccdmdc lovely photo and so happy for you :wedding: :happydance:

Nise, sounds like it is going great with LO :cloud9:

Mistyy, hope you feel better soon :hugs:

AFM not doing anything this NYE but not really bothered :haha: Just hoping that this time next year things will be very different but I know it might not happen so will have to keep some other plans in mind :thumbup:

Hope everyone has a great 2013 whatever happens :hugs::hugs:

Happy New Year's Eve and New Year's to everyone. We just got home from vacation and I so wish we could have stayed longer.
PD - Congrats and I love the picture!
Bigger - I totally understand how you feel. Stop in whenever you feel like it.
Adele - forget the Mirena. No point.
Misty - feel better.
Nise - your christmas with your girl sounds so nice.
Hi to everyone else I forgot!
AFM - I made it home in one piece. I tested every day while on vacation though and when we got home today I realized I had no more tests and since it's New Year's Eve nothing is open and I actually started to panic. It's ridiculous. The tests mean nothing. Well despite that I'm guessing I will head out to the store tomorrow and buy another bunch to last me till the 10th when I go to the dr. This is so pathetic of me! And I'm about to use an ovulation prediction stick too.

Thanks everyone for your comments. Happy New Year to all of you.

Pdmcd: great picture. So delighted the day went so well for you :)

Nise: sounds like a wonderful time was had by all. Lucky little girl there. so nice you got to enjoy spending time with her. Pale blue works for me too :)

Mistyy: I hate New Year's Eve too lol. I just don't get the fuss. Trusting there were no arguments last night :)

Butterfly67: hoping last night although uneventful was pleasant enough.

Maxxiandniko: welcome home from your vacation.

I'm surprised you all have the same opinion, to forget about the mirena. But then I guess we're all in here for the same reason. I'm thinking I'll definitely cancel that appointment and try to forget it all (to a certain extent anyway). Had a good old blub this morning. Didn't think I'd still be in the same situation by now. Watched Father Of The Bride 2 this afternoon & actually hated Diane Keaton for the whole movie. I think I have to get a grip on myself & stop moping.

Thanks girls. I really do appreciate you taking the time to read my posts & your opinions. May 2013 be the year that all your dreams come true :)

Happy New Year Ladies

Now to read back and see what you have all been up to

:hugs:

X

Dear all,

My new year has not started well. Started spotting on the day before new years eve, gp said not to worry it happens in early pregnancy. I felt reassured but it's got worse as the days have gone on, despite doing all the rest and relaxing. It's full on heavy bleeding now, much as I've seen after giving birth and after my d&c so I think this is it. A scan will confirm it tomorrow. I'm so so so upset. I really believed that this would be the one where I would get my baby. DH says he can't go through this again so it looks like we will be childless now. It's unbearable to contemplate, to top it all my sister is pregnant and still smoking and doing fine, my sister in law is due to give birth in a matter of weeks.

Thought I'd let you all know. Sorry to bring a downer on things. Take care all of you.

Barni - Oh no hun - I really hope not - BIG :hugs: I don't know what to say it doesn't sound good - but you do hear of these miracle babies.:happydance: maybe yours is one of them:flower:

Fingers crossed for you hope your bleeding is just little one getting comfy in there:hugs:

:hugs:

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"