TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

booth im keeping evertying crossed for you. you never know
garfie good luck also

misty i didnt do testing either besides blood work and an ultrasound. i knew it would be too much on us both.

questions for the ladies- did you find the first few months of living together very hard? we fight more now then we ever did. always the same issue my dogs (we have 3 all together- his is non shedding and tiny and mine are big and shed. he hates the hair) the renos (still on stand still- kill me now) and kids (theyre teens and annoying even to me). im just hoping this will end soon i hate the fighting. really 3 years and only a few fights now we live together we fight at least 1-2 x week. well disagreements as i dont argue i shut down.

i love him and am so happy were married and dont want to ruin what we have, i just find it hard the frequent dissagreements. i know my gf said they fought the most the first year of living together/ marriage

Ah PDMCD i'm sorry to hear you're sparring with your DH at the mo. I have been paying attention, but how long have you been living together full time? Did the tiffs start before the wedding, because it could be down to nerves and pressure. Now you can relax, perhaps things will chill?

My DH moved in with me and 3 DDs, aged, at the time 9, 12 + 14. He has no kids of his own and is younger than me by 10 years :)blush:) so it was allot for him to take on. He was under enormous pressure hoping the kids would like him, hoping my X wouldn't kick up (he only lived round the corner), hoping we could afford the new house etc. ect. We'd been 'together' 2 years by then, but the whole living together as a family thing was brand new. The second week we were together, when the girls were at their dads over night we had the most awful, awful row. DH put his fist through a door AND a wall (!) and i worried i'd made a terrible mistake. It was our 1st ever row, and it was firery. However the air cleared after that, and 5 years later we're married and deeply committed to each other. We've nevr rowed like that since. I wonder wether your DH feels under pressure at all? Could it be work related? :hugs:

Garfie - your DH! lol. Y'know i got allot of strength from the way my DH handled our loss. At first it hurt that he did his outward grieving and then pulled himself up and got on with life. I wanted to be able to do that too and it took me longer. It still hurts him, of course, but he showed me that it's easy to literally torture yourself mentally, and prolong the agony sometimes. ((hugs)) anyway for yesterday - and i'm so glad to hear you were NOT a quivering mess :thumbup: Bless. With your chart, i was going to say CD11 looked possible for ov! Then noticed you ov'd on CD11 last month. Then read your post again and yes, Monday is the sharpest rise isn't it? Try not to stress. As long as your BDing every other day or so through that week you're covered :hugs:

My temps have done their monthly rocket impression :roll: such a tease.

Waves to all xxx :dust: :dust:

Garfie - So good to hear that yesterday wasn't to bad - gotta laugh at your OH though :dohh: Big hugs :hugs:

Booth - I seem to be one witch missing too - maybe she's gone on holiday. I'm on CD38!!! Not bothering to test though as I don't believe in immaculate conception:haha: I've never missed a period before, had them arrive extra early on a couple of occasions. I'm keeping it all crossed for you though.

Work has been really stressful these last couple of days so I'm looking forward to the weekend. :hugs:

Booth and garfie - I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Misty - I hear you. The infertility work up is stressful.
PD - that is morbid. I'll see where I'm at over those few days.

My sick twin is much, much better but now the other one threw up this morning, feels warm and has been sleeping for hours. I saw my ob today and so far so good. I'm 7 weeks today. I have to go back in 2 weeks for another scan.

Hope you got throught yesterday ok Garfie, so many hard anniversaries...
Yesterday a year ago was when I got my bfp so bit hard to be in midst of af currently. Saw valentines card in a shop yesterday and just reminded me of another anniversary...as I started to miscarry last year on valentines day.
Anyway enought feeling sorry for myself but think due day anniversary is a biggie...
Sorry think its hard to tell when you ovulated from you chart...both as misty said maybe its cd11. Did you do an Opk on Wednesday?

Fingers crossed booth and Nise. Can you not test today booth or are you waiting for fmu? Admire your willpower/patience.

So impressed with your charts misty, love the really high temps...although I know you think they are just a tease.

Pdmc; did ye just move in together after the wedding? i Can hardly recall whether dh and me fought more when we moved in together as it was almost 18 years ago...but you have a different situtation with dogs and teenagers.
I know things are more mellow between us now, think you get used to each other and learn what 'buttons not too press'. Not saying that you have to act differently but you can work things out before its a fight...(not always thought !)

Maximamo; Glad to hear your twin is better althought the other is probably getting it now..well at least they were nt both sick at the same time. Glad to hear all ok, I had almost forgotten you were pregnant....as you're dont have a ticker etc.
And there have been a few bfps here recently so I lost track...

Hello everyone else...

Afm
Going to try and book a consultation about ivf tomorrow...just need to get all the red tape done like HIV, hepatitis tests (at least my gp will do these so saves us nearly £200 quid)....althought its only a drop in the ocean. We are thinking of going to Glasgow as they seem to have slighty more success that the 2 clinics here in Northern Ireland. They have a satellite clinic locally for the scans and consultations....you just fly over for the egg collection and transfer. Logistically bit more complicated but prefer to go where we have the best chance as its probably just a one and only shot.

Max 7 wks wow, how are you feeling

Pippi good luck with booking your ivf @ the clinic you want

Nise could you have ov late?

Misty I'm keeping my fxd cross for us both

We moved in together in aug ( a few days before he got sick and need surgery). He does find the teens to be a challenge at times and the dog hair a pain ( I stresses me as I'm always cleaning to keep the peace). I don't want to get rid of my dogs I have them for 6& 5 yrs

We actually talked tonight and it has been more since planning the wedding so quickly and just our growing pains. It's a huge change for everyone, I know it's a bump in our road. Thanks for sharing misty it helps me know I'm not alone

Hi to everyone else

Pippi - I'm about to use a phrase I hated to hear when I started ivf - how exciting! I would get so annoyed when people would say that to me but I'm excited for you and I hope it works. No ticker for me yet.

PD - I feel sick but since everyone around me is sick it may be that. The other twin is now sick with a fever and has been throwing up all day. Should be an interesting weekend

Well ladies tested this morning and a BFN as I thought, think maybe Xmas and flying to and from USA maybe messed things up this month! Currently Cd38!! Nise - hopefully at this rate we will catch 2 next month!

Pdmcd - I wouldn't worry too much, me and my oh niggled at each other for the first few months, after having your individual ways of doing things and then having to compromise is hard at first but will soon settle down :hugs:

fingers crossed Garfie she has a very long vacation :)

Pipi - hope all goes well for you, :hugs:

Maxi - 7 weeks - must have missed that one or maybe just forgotten with Xmas brain drain! Congratulations :)

I do agree with the ups & downs..

We've had ours once again. I'm so darn sick of the downs.. Time for the ups...

Went for my ultrasound had 2 follies one at 18mm & other 16mm an lining was just perfect. I didn't ask our RE would the 16mm catch up as 18mm was already getting ready to ovulate. Was going to do the IUI but it got canceled due to DH couldn't do his thing again. :nope: I was very upset due to this makes 2 times now. :cry: I talked to our RE an he said for us just do TI an if didn't get pregnant this cycle he gave me a script for DH to take a certain med when we try again next month. But praying things work out this cycle on it's own but if not at least got things in order for next cycle already. I'll be doing my meds combo again.

Now to you lovely ladies may you all have lots of ups not downs like we've had. It's a pain in the (_?_) to deal with all of the downs. I'm trying to be nice but I feel like giving up at times.

:hugs: bigger.
Husband's sick now so that leaves me and the nanny. And the dog but I'm sure he'll be just fine.

Just got back from out weekend visit with LG. Social worker and her court appointed guardian came to visit us at 'Adventurelands'! lol on Sat. Both sent me really nice text later that eve to say how relaxed and happy LG seemed in our company. Aunt Flow decided to join us on the trip - so that resolves that mystery but I don't know why she was so late other than the last couple were a little bit closer together than usual so perhaps that was why - though I suspect if I were to ask a doctor they would just say 'AGE'!!!!!

So final hearing starts tomorrow and will go on until Wednesday if the Birthparents show up and argue, sooner if they don't. Just have to wait and see, it's all in the lap of the judge now.

Right off to bed, will do better stalking tomorrow but I am sooooo tired. :hugs:

Great news Nise and nice to get that feedback of lg being so relaxed in your company.
Keep us posted on how things are progresssing...never racking few days ahead.

Sorry to hear bigger about the unsuccessful iui, your oh must feel terrible. Obviously was stressed about it happening again after the first time which I'm sure only made things worse.
I'm not even going to mention to my oh about such a possibility when we go for ivf, as I'm sure it'd play on his mind and he might get stage fright!

Thanks all for the well wishes everyone for ivf, not seeing the consultant until mid feb so its another 2 months away anyway...

Heard of 2 pregnancies today, a girl in church and my sil. The girl from church, is probably only 24-25 and only got married last August...so easy for her to conceive. Sil has been trying for a while and its their first, please for them but its hard to take 2 announcements in one day.

Nise that is wonderful about lg! I'm keeping everything crossed for you wed will be here soon

Pippi it'll be feb very soon. Sorry about the 2 announcements, even when we're happy for them it can take us for a loop

I'm now waiting for af to come. She's due fri, my boobs hurt. Why is it they seem to hurt more each month ( I'm sure they don't but it sure feels like it). I'm hoping if she's coming she comes early as we leave sat to a lacrosse game in Toronto with all dh friends then drive to buffalo to fly to NYC the next day. I'd prefer she not tag along.

So we saw this is 40 this weekend it is hilarious, I loved it and so did dh. It is worth it. Spoiler alert- I didn't even get emotional during the scene where someone finds out their pregnant.

I hope everyone is well

PDMCD - i'm with you on the boob pain! A.G.O.N.Y here for the last 2 days. Hot and really uncomfy, and feel a size bigger (!) at least. Sigh. Hope AF stays away for you hun. Mine's due on Sunday :roll:

Pippi - mid Feb will be here before you know it :friends: I hope you're feeling stronger now after your 2 announcements in one day! Phew!

Nise - Oooh it's so close now :happydance: You must be soooo excited!

Maxi - <talks to maxi with mask on so as not to catch that lurgy> :winkwink: I hope the illness has run it's course in your house now. We've had a mild case of dodgy tum through the 5 of us, but it only lasted 24 hours each time, thank goodness.

Bigger - aw don't give up :hugs: I'm sorry to hear your DH had problems again. It must be quite a pressure for him. Very difficult for you too, as you can only do your bit :dust:

Booth - Bugger!:dohh: :hugs: I was all excited for you there :shrug: CD40 something now is it? Or has AF shown her face finally?

Me - well, i've said it all really. Boobs killing, due on this Sunday. Secretly enjoying the snow :D It's very pretty round here. Trouble is it doesn't take much for our car to decide it can't cope. Eeek.

Love to all, and massive handfuls of :dust: :dust: all round xxx

Misty feeling your boob pain:( im hoping it goes away soon or I get?!?
The witch is due fri here, so we're sort of cycles buddies.

Waves to everyone else

Witch is due tomorrow or Thursday for me - so can I be a cycle buddy to?:flower:

With a bit of luck she might get snowed in :haha:

:hugs:

X

:hi: witch due here fri too so although I'm not in with a chance I am in with being cycle buddies, although hopefully I am the only one she turns up for! :hugs::hugs:

No Mistyy still a no show - weird! I have had it once before and everything just turned to normal the month after so hoping that happens in 2 weeks!

Waves to everyone :)

Hi booth and bigger

Yeah cycle buddies with misty and butterfly - here's hopping she takes a 9 month vacation

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->