TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

gafie.. I never test as sick of seeing BFN. I used to test but after so many BFN I just stopped & just pray it happens. If AF is late then I'll test but for now just wait.

Be praying that your appt goes great next week. Hope you feel better soon too.

My dog has pancreatitis! The poor thing. I think it's my fault too. I gave him my husband's leftover General Tsao's chicken. Well anyway he's at the vet on IV fluids and pain meds and may be able to come home tomorrow. It's been a long two weeks!

Nise, truly delighted to hear your happy, happy news. So exciting for you all as you set out on your new path. Keep us posted on your adventures together, she is a lucky little girl to have you to give her a new life with love and opportunities, shouldn't that be the least every child gets :) xx

Garfie goodluck tues
Max hope your dog gets better soon
We leave sun fly out of buffalo
We're in NYC till wed afternoon then going to norwalk ( I'm a rn and work with rns the standing joke is for me to not get norwalk lol the virus)

Af showed today yeah I have a visitor on my trip
I just looked and she will be due again just in time for vday lucky
I may not be around a whole lot till thurs when hubby is working at the norwalk office and I'm chilling in the hotel room

Have a great weekend everyone

PDMCD :hugs: for :witch:

For pity's sake i'm due on on Vallentines Day too! I've just had a look :dohh::growlmad::nope::hissy::hissy::hissy:

xxx

Sorry to hear pdmc that witch got you and to concide with your trip too:-(

Misty, when I room agnus catcus for 1-1.5 month, it just delayed af arriving, my temps plummeted but af took a day longer to arrive than usual...it did nt do anything for my temps during the month so I stopped it. Maybe I should have hung in there longer....but I feel if its going to help it should either do noting the first month but not make things worse.

Max, hope the dog and your family ( wrong order..) are improving. Jee, you are having a right s*** time at the minute.

Good luck Garfie for consultation...hope you get some answers.

I'm ovulating today and we tried to bd this morning but dh couldn't deliver 'his goods'. He had a colonoscopy yesterday and was sedated and has had a hard 2-3 days...fasting and lots of laxative! he thinks its the sedative causing problems....
So frustrating....we're going to try later....but trying not to put to much pressure on him..althought don't think I could hide my frustration/disappointment.

Oh Pippi - your poor DH! I don't blame you for getting him to give :sex: a go though. i would've too! :blush: Ov days are precious, every one here feels that :hugs:

xxx

Blimey the Witch seems to have really gone to town in here - everyone is going to be cycling together at this rate!

Thanks for the well wishes. Special Guardianship is a cross between Adoption and Fostering. Where you get paid for fostering you are virtually an employee of the authority and the authority holds parental rights and is involved constantly - With SG you don't get financial help other than tax credits/child benefit as per most people, but the authorities hand over all parental rights to you so you make all parental decisions and the authorities are no longer involved. Unlike adoption the child does not cut all ties with the birth parents and we would have to consult them if we a) wanted to change her surname, b) take her out of the country for longer than 3 months. c) have her circumcised!!! or d) have her put back into foster care etc. The level of contact with birth parents is set by the court and could be for physical contact or distant contact via PO Box - ours is the later. It will be up to us if we want to give physical contact rights to the birth parents in the future or the birth parents would have to go back through the courts. That's kind of it in a nutshell. :hugs:

So pleased for you Nise, it's been a long journey.

Garfie, thanks for asking after me. I haven't posted because feeling a bit lost. I always had hope before... Just get that BFP and everything will be alright but now I think that these miscarriages are down to my old eggs. Chromosomally old, which is why I miscarry at around 8 weeks each time. I got asked my age when I had my scan to check everything had gone, they asked my age, looked at each other when I told them, and I just saw pity.
My GP has advised that I probably won't find anything wrong from the tests they've done at the hospital and it's all down to my age. My only hope being donor eggs but we don't have the money for something like that and there's still no guarantee. Maybe we'd get ourselves in more debt if there was but my dh won't consider spending that sort of money without a guarantee, despite the numerous times I've told him that it doesn't work like that!

Good luck next week, I'm keen to hear what the FS tell you. :hugs:

Hi to everyone else. :flower:

Oh Barnie :hugs: You know you have our complete empathy here.

Nature is light years behind our modern society. We no longer expect to be decrepit by 40 and dead by 45 like in the dark ages. We're adding 30+ years to those figures now, but our ovaries haven't cotten'd on have they :(

'Beyond peak reproductive years' doesn't mean 'OLD'.

I get what you're DH is saying about guarantees. I guess that's the same reason i have for holding back on tests ect.

Just :hug:

Nise - i found that interesting. I wondered what the difference between fostering/adoption/SG was :D Keep us posted - it's so exciting!

Hi to everyone :wave: A fresh layer of snow today - it's up to 7" in places here, and there's 'panic buying' in Tesco :roll:

xxx

Thanks Mistyy. I hear you. I have always dismissed the stereotype and tried PMA, troffed lots of supposed egg quality enhancing vitamins and hoped for a BFP. But although there's the joy of the BFP it just doesn't seem to materialise into anything. More than anything I want MY baby, and so I need my eggs but I just don't know how to find the golden one. If there is one in there left! To top it all I think I have an annovulatory cycle now do that doesn't help with my frame of mind to be honest.

Just started snowing here again, although we have had nowhere near 7" just a little covering at the moment. Not sure if it's worse in other areas of Cambridgeshire though. Still not enough for a snowman! :xmas8:

I hear you barnibear, you think when you discover a new supplement....maybe this will be it, this will be the 'key' that gives my eggs a fighting chance.
I know 41 is old in terms of ttc (I'm 42) but if you keep getting pregnant ....and its just old eggs....then eventually statistically you should get a sticky bean. My friend had twins born 2 months after she turned 42, both perfectly healthy.
I know you've been to your gp and as far as i can recall did nt get many answers ...did they ever test the foetuses ?

I also want my baby with my eggs, donor eggs is something that I'd need to get my head around. I know someone said at least the baby would be half yours if its ohs sperm and if you've been pregnant with the baby...probably feels your baby too. But yea its very costly and with no guarantee of sucess.

Managed to bd succesfully yesterday after our first failed attempt. probably missed the egg as it was kinda late and from what I read, on the day of ovulation it's best to bd early in the day to catch the egg.....especially as my temps shot up this morning.

No snow here in this part of Northern Ireland yet...fingers crossed it stays away as dont want to have to waste holidays having to be off work due to snow.
I've Just read the Norwegian crime thriller, the snowman. Definatley would not want a snowman near my house after reading that!!

Hi ladies from NYC

It's mild here and stranger are the cabbage flowers and other greenery here
Wow in good old southern ontario we have some snow ( well it was melting yesterday with the 4c weather) and the only thing green are the evergreen trees

Hearing you guys talk about snowman and the uk reminded me of the Xmas dr who special
Fx'd crossed for everyone we all get our sticky bfp soon

How are you ladies doing?

Hope everyone is doing pretty nar good, or has some great NEWS to share.

AFM: My chart is driving me batty now. My temperature for the last 3 days have stayed the same so have to see what happens tomorrow. Be good if ment something but who knows. I'm scared to get my hopes up but will keep watch on things.

Be KMFX for all of you lovely ladies.

:flower:

No good news my end - had a shitty day filming in a hell hole that they call an 'Estate' - nasty little no hope gangsta types all over - wrapping stones in snowballs and taking aim at least 2 had knives stashed under their hoodies. We even had a fire work thrown into the stairwell of a corridor we were working in! Fortunately our quick thinking paramedic stamped it out and no-one was hurt despite at least 10 people being in the stairwell! the bang scared the shit out of us though. We were supposed to be going back there tomorrow but it's been pulled and we are in the studio instead. Locations have to find a new estate - preferably a posh one full of hurrah Henries!!! though I be afraid they might come hairing round the corner in their 4 wheel drives with shotguns and shouting 'get off my land!' :haha:

Nise - I must have missed it. What are you filming?
Barni - you certainly have the golden egg in there. The older we get the longer the wait and the more heartbreak but the egg is there.
Pd - it's freezing here today isn't it?
Pippi - I hope you caught the egg!
Hi to everyone else! It's pretty much back to normal here. Dog came back on Sunday, husband went back to work today and the twins haven't thrown up since last week. It was a long 2 weeks.

Grrrr don't you just hate that when you type an essay and the lappy eats it:growlmad:

Well ladies I have been to see the FS the results all came back ok he tested the blood for clotting factor - negative so that's okay and genetics are okay to he reckons it was extremely unlucky to have lost three in a row (you don't say) and is confident that the next pregnancy will be successful :)

However I have asked him to refer me to Sheffield and in the meantime we will just carry on. Sheffield can offer reassurance scans, check progesterone levels etc and basically keep a closer eye on things than the regular hospitals.

Has anyone been to the Sheffield Hospital and seen the Professor?

He did briefly say my age was against me but I think the look I gave him made him back track and say "but women have children quite successfully in their 40's as well" ;)x

Nise - I came from one of those estates :haha: but not as bad as that so when hubby showed me the "rough" part of his town I laughed it was full of hooray henries - so hopefully you will find a nice estate to film on:winkwink:

Barni - I told hubby the other night that we have the golden egg waiting too - laws of averages say it will be soon - hope you're golden egg is travelling down now BIG :hugs:

Maxi - Glad things are getting back to normal for you - what a crappy two weeks for you:cry:

Bigger - I have given up with my chart - I watch it until O - then I work out when I'm due and don't bother reading it in the meantime looking for dips (yeah right) who am I kidding - hope it means something is cooking for you hun:happydance:

Pippi - Did you get some snow hun - we did (the children were off school yesterday) oh joy back today though :happydance:

Misty - Hi hun :flower:

AFM - I have taken myself off baby aspirin as I bleed and bleed if I cut myself ouchie - the FS agreed with me.:winkwink: oh and my endo and the fact that hubby smokes is nothing to do with the m/c more likely just my age:growlmad:

:hugs:

X

just a quick check in and hello to all.

well good news at least Garfie..good that you will get closer monitoring next time

glad to hear Max that all are recovering....and that you have n't come down with it.

it snowed here yesterday and had problems getting home for work yesterday so got permission to work from home today....so that was good as it saved me braving 20 miles of slippy country back roads.

Dam it's COLD here... I didn't temp this morning as our power went off an the house got COLD.. IT was 12 degrees in the house so there is no way my temp would be correct this time so no temping today. House still could as power been going off an on so it's hard to warm the house right now..

Everyone have a great day. I'm going to bed an cover up until the power can stay on more.

Hey max yes it's cold in NYC but back in Canada near Toronto it's -14 Celsius with windshield that's -22c or - 7 in farenheight ( not sure if I spelled that right as we're metric in Ca)

I got wind/sun burned today wow. I can't believe all the walking we have done these past few days

Bigger hope you get your power working right
Pippi you in the uk right aren't you guys metric? Or is that the rest of Europe. Snow can be not fun to drive on. Do you have snow tires?

My mil sent us pics of the snow the got up where they live two hrs north west of my house wow 1 metre almost a 3 ft ( praying the kids shovelled if we got snow)

Garfie I hope the dr is right and the Sheffield is the answer

Nise wow sounds like interesting filming

Tomorrow we leave nyc to go to Connecticut and dh works thurs and fri should be fun. I'm gonna visit an aquarium there

Stay warm everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"