TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Congratulations Beetle, i remember you from the sight, we went through our last m/c together . Great news that you have sen the HB and fetal pole so no alcohol doesn't work then lol :)

:(

Poorly since Sat night. D&V. Great.

My temp chart makes for amusing viewing at the mo!

xxx :dust:

Thanks beetle for your reply. I only know the figures as my gp gave the print outs to me.But I'm going to see a spec about ivf in 3 weeks so ill ask them to look at the numbers. ..I know the USA have lower cut off points than the NHs especially in regards to fertility.
Sad to hear that your dad passed away before your wedding but nice that you feel they helped give you this bfp.

Poor misty, there's a nasty flu going about ....yea big spike in temp! Hope your feeling better for ovulation.
What's d&v ?

Afm, noting to report here. Af due on Thursday, temps still kinda ok but since we did not have optimal bd at ovulation not expecting any miracles. Definitely think the macca is helping with my temps. Got a temp of 36.6 yesterday which is the highest it's ever been. Got dhea but unsure as whether to take it, it's not the dhea recommended by that American ivf clinic which is really expensive so don't know if its worth adding any more to the cocktails I currently take :wacko:

Pippi - bless. I don't know about dhea, but i know it's hard juggling different meds and supplements and wondering which one will be 'the one'. High temps is good though :thumbup:

D&V = diarrhea and vomiting. (i couldn't be bothered to look up how to spell diarrhea! :rofl:) DD2 had it 5 days after visiting A&E with her BF when it was snowing. I've caught it 5 days after her. Hoping it's not that Noro virus. We've all been using hand-gel round the house.

Feel a bit better tonight. Got to try to persuade DH that he really wants to :sex: later. :blush:

I have brushed my teeth and covered myslef in hand-gel <sexy> anyway - if the germs are on the loose it's too late now :haha: Got to catch that eggy!!:wacko:

xxx

Lol good luck misty feel better. I read your d&v and lol it's the nurse in me
Make sure your drinking lots to stay hydrated

Pip my coq10 has dhea in it.

Nothing here to report either I'm out of my fertile window, we missed a couple of days durring it not sure if it enough

Misty - You are right your temps are interesting :winkwink: hope the d&v has gone and you feel better:flower:

PD - The two times I got PG I was well before O - so anything is possible as you know you are not out yet:winkwink:

AFM - Not sure if I have Od or not - temps not speaking to me today :haha:

:hugs:

X

never have guessed what d&V meant....oh poor you Misty. hope you were still able to bd last night.

my timing was n't great this month, pdmc either. Its hard to get the timing right every month. Hopefully as Garfie said once you fit in something a few days before ovulation....we could be lucky !

I'd say keed bd Garfie, ovulation does n't look to have happened yet.

:wohoo::wohoo: Yay, Beetle that's just fantastic news. Congratulations, great to know the devil you're fighting too. Keeping everything crossed for you. :headspin:

Misty - you poor love, I hope you're feeling a little better today - sounds like you got the nastiest bug of them all and you just know Fertility Fiend will get into a right tizz. :hugs:

PDMC - The last time I got a bfp it was during an innovulatory cycle!!! according to FF, so you're never really out until you are. Fingers crossed for you. :hugs:

AFM - Had a lovely weekend, LG who's real name is Keira came to London for her first weekend visit - have discovered I am crap at hitting bed time! Oh well - I dare say I'll improve and it was a special occasion! Am having an awful time trying to sort out schools - The secretaries are less than helpful and it would appear there are no spaces anywhere! then I mention 'looked after child' and they change a little but none of the deputy heads that were supposed to call me back have - All I want to do is arrange a visit to the 3 schools closest to us so I can make a more educated judgement when entering my choice of schools in the admission form - how the hell am I supposed to fill in the 'reason for choosing this school' box if I know nothing about the school? :hugs:

Nise - I am crap at hitting bedtime to and I have had 12 years practice:wacko:

Check out the Offsted Reports online hun then phone the school up and say you have been looking at the Offsted Report and would like to visit the school before making a choice - all schools have to reserve a few places for children that move mid term etc.:thumbup:

Is Kiera at primary or senior school? Maybe phone at lunch time or mid morning they usually have cover and you find these ladies are more helpful than the bulldogs I mean secretaries :winkwink:

I bet you can't believe that this is finally happening - is Kiera living with you yet or is she still doing weekend visits?

How exciting for you all and you have lots and lots of fun times in store - although eventually it won't hurt to put a few boundaries in place:winkwink:

X

Thanks Garfie. Yes it is all very exciting and slightly unbelievable - this weekend gave us a clue as to how much our lives are going to change - but we are ready to embrace that. I have done most of what you said, checked the ofsted reports and best school tables etc etc - it's just the Bulldogs as you call them, they are worse than Dr's receptionists! I wasn't expecting that - Might do a bit of cold calling in person.

She's not living with us yet, she is due to move in on the 16th Feb, so we have the half term break to settle in, that gives me about 4 weeks for sorting school - may have to get Social Worker on the case. Of course, it would help an awful lot if the court would hurry up and send us the paperwork we need. :hugs:

Nise how wonderful for you both no all 3 of you!

How old is Kiera? How long till she comes permanently?

Nise how wonderful for you both no all 3 of you!

How old is Kiera? How long till she comes permanently?

She turned 7 back in Sept and she comes to us permanently on the 16th Feb - just wish we were more ready. She had to have the double blow up bed in the lounge coz her room is still being built - She thought it was 'mint'! and didn't seem to mind a bit. I really wanted her room done for her first visit but with all the snow and freezing conditions we've had recently we've gotten behind schedule - something about concret not being able to set properly in freezing conditions. Hopefully work can resume now it has warmed up a bit here in London. :hugs:

Great news Nise, of course she loved sleeping on the blow up bed...I remember when my niece came to visit, the part she was most excited about was sleeping on the blow up bed...until it started to loose air come morning and she was almost sleeping on the floor!!!

Ty not to stress about the room not being ready...just by giving her love im sure is a big enough welcome into your home....I'm sure if the rooms not perfect she won't mind.

Have to go...dh demanding he wants me to come to bed...just for sleep mind you!

Hi ladies, I have had a read and everyone sounds like they are doing well right now. We are in the TWW and, well, nothing else really happening! Two more night shifts before I have a week off work though - yay!

Thank you for your good wishes girls :thumbup: I'm feeling ok now. Youngest DD now has it! Ugh. DH is really hoping he doesn't get it.

We DTD Monday night (bless him). Last night i thought i felt ov cramps on my left, and thought hmmmm, wonder if Mondays chaps are still around? We prob'ly should have BD, but i knew DH was tired, so i didnt say anything. But this mornings temps are down, so I recon today is ov day. BD tonight would be a good idea then. I'm determined to get a 'HIGH' on FF! How hard can it be to just have sex on the right bloomin day??? sigh. That sickness temp spike is pretty full on isn't it! lol.

Nise - ahh Kiera is a lovely name! my advice to you re: getting co-operation from a school is: go in in person and butter up the burser! If you can drop in and chat to the receptionist face to face at a fairly quiet time, say mid-afternoon, ask her for a moment and tell her your situation you may get them on-side. Which, trust me, is worth the effort! Love them or hate them they are MADLY busy people and have to deal with allot of daftness (and venom) from parents (and staff). Speaking from experience here as a parent and employee of the village primary for 8 years. When approaching our bursar about anything, as colleague or parent, i always started with 'i know you're really busy but i need your help with this ... ' :winkwink::winkwink:

:wave: Maddie - any plans for your week off?

:wave: to everyone. Wednesday today - 'top of the hill' as they say. Roll on down to the weekend :D

xxx :dust:

Hi ladies, guess I spoke too soon. Just back from 8 week scan and looks like baby decided it didn't want to hang around. Somewhere between 6 and 8 weeks it checked out. Gutting having seen heartbeat. We are however staying strong and keep saying to ourselves it happened naturally and you are more fertile after miscarriage etc etc. Bloody old eggs. Its so frustrating. There must be some decent ones left aged 42?

Anyway good luck guys - Im off to sob my heart out before picking myself up again for the nth time. Not bothering to update my signature these days - that's 2 more to add onto the total showing below ... that's too many xx

Aw Beetle so sorry hun - I don't know what to say, no point giving you the usual words if you're like me you know them by heart anyway:flower:

Just know I am thinking about you and sending you extra large :hugs: while you sob your heart out :cry:

X

Beetle hon I'm so sorry hon
I'm trying hard not to cry at my desk

Big big hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member