TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Sorry to hear Af arrived misty. I saw the bad news on Saturday but did nt get time to post then.
Only on mobile so just a short message for now. Off to yoga now...

<pokes head round door>
Very quiet in here.

Pippi - Yoga! I go to yoga on a Tue eve. :thumbup: How long have you been doing it and how are you finding it? Just been nosing at your chart - all looking good :)

Garfie :wave: Had a peep at yours too - is that spotting yesterday?

Hows everyone else?

Can i ask - does anyone else using FF find that some days it just will not save the info? Today has been one of those for me. I put my temp and whatever else in, click save and nothing new appears on the chart! :dohh: I'll do it over and over and just when i'm about to give up the info appears there. Just wondering if it's my laptop or not.

Anyway - CD5 here. Temp is unusually high for pre ov. sigh. i suppose this will bugger up my chart this cycle. Amazing how easy it is for FF to get all confused.

Love and :dust: to all xxx

Misty - I find FF messes about to so you're not on your own:flower: - spotting yesterday - how I wish nope she's here - 16 Day cycle wtf! - well lets see what Mr FS makes of that next week shall we:haha:

:hugs:

X

Here here misty, ff ofton does that to me. It's really annoying especially if I have added lots of notes and then you loose it all. Thought it was the app as I ofton use an old itouch and I can't update to a new app as its not compatible.

I would nt put much faith in my chart as I don't know how the down regulation injection i had last Friday is affecting things...will probably delay af. Supposed to experience menopausal symptoms but still waiting...

Funny you do yoga too. We call it yoga for crocks, as its my physio who teaches the class and most people are patients or ex patients! I've been doing if for 1.5 years although I don't know if I'm improved much since the start!
How do you like it?
She does stretches, deep breathing, posture stuff and then 30 minutes of quite at end (where I always fall asleep). Not such a big fan of the posture stuff but at least its a distraction from this ttc stuff especially visualising leaving your 'worries' in a black bag at the door on the way in.

Hope you have got over the disappointment after last months cycle. I know we tend to pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off and start a new cycle but glad to hear your dh was understanding when you blurted it all out.

Wierd cycle last month Garfie, only 16 days! Im sure its just a one off short cycle.

Off to London for the weekend but ill try and keep an eye on whats going on here....

Pippi have fun in London! I hope some day to visit the UK

So the past few days have been really hard I'm rehoming one of my dogs ( we have 3 together my 2 & his 1). It has been really hard causing disagreements so I have possibly found a good home for one. He is on a trial visit there for 2 night possibly permanent

My son hates me and dtr is tolerating me. She understands the reasons why at least.
Last night after my dog went there, I'm sad and dh gets a txt from his brother wanting my email I'm like tell him I'm not able to come.

Today after another difficult day at work and with my son I get an email invitation to go to her shower
Wow it was like salt in a wound, and the invite is her bloody ultrasound really.

I feel like a total failure right now. I will get over it but its a tough few days
Probably doesnt help dh goes to the dr tomorrow morning to get the referral for his V.
Fx'd tomorrow's a better day. I know rehoming my one dog is a good decision but its one of the hardest things I've ever done

Hope everyone else is good

Who understand labwork on FSH, TSH an others?

I've got my current bloods an need to know what you all think for my age.

:hug: PDMCD what sort of doggies are they? When i split with my ex husband i had to re home my 2 dogs (a miniature dachshund and a great dane) as i couldn't take them with me and he wouldn't look after them till i could get settled :( That was 5 years ago and I still feel guilty even though i know they are happy! So i feel for you. But it is for the best if it's causing problems, the dog will settle happily in a good new home.

As far as your SILs preg. goes - nothing anyone can say will really make this time easier, it's shitty shitty shitty. But again i can totally empathise. I was going through the same thing 18 months ago. Just ride it out hun. It does ease :hugs:

Pippi - your yoga sessions sound lovely :) My middle DD and i have been to 8 lessons now and we come out feeling a weird mixture of relaxation and having had a work out at the same time! Don't know if i can afford the next 'set' as we have to pay for 10 sessions up front .... just had a massive bill for the car, got bills coming out of our ears, and DD2s 18th b.day next month is costing a fortune! Arrgghh. Sorry - moan moan moan :haha:

Must fly now - i've got my mum in hospital, DD3 is not well, and DH is home 'cos of the snow and is grumpy as hell again and threatening to quit his job :( What a morning - and it's not even 8am yet! :dohh:

Misty
Thanks!
I hope you mom is ok

Bigger wish I could help I know nothing about that
If you desperate I could pull out my nursing lab interpetation results I'm Canadian so it will be in metric though

Hey ladies.

Misty, I hope your mum makes a speedy recovery and everybody else too. Re FF - I never had that problem but it sounds like a bloody nightmare - I swear that programme is a fiend not a friend! :hugs:

Pdmcd - Sorry to hear about your dog, that must be really hard. I feel guilty when I change my car so god knows what I'd be like having to re-house a pet!:hugs:

AFM - All is going well. I have had to return to work for 4 weeks - 2 down and 2 to go. My next door neighbour is providing after school child care and K seems to get on really well with her, so that's all gone quite smoothly really.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. :hugs:

Hope your mum is ok Misty. I have to pay up front for yoga too but annoying when lots of other expenses at same time,

Poor you pdmc and your dog...that's tough.

Glad to hear Nise that all going well.

Just waiting to fly home, had a great weekend in London. Just not enough time to see all we wanted to do. Problem with staying in exclusive hotels when work is paying for it is that you can't afford anything...a vodka short was 12 pounds!...not that i was drinking much but one drink wud be nice. And got a stomach bug the last night which a few others had but think the worst is over...fingers crossed.

Got af this weekend too so have baseline scan in the morning....

:haha:Hi ladies x

Hows everyone? Loads of snow and wind here. There's a snow drift up the lane from us which is sticking out over a hedge and over the road about 10 feet high!!! The wind across the fields is doing amazing things with the snow.

Pippi - sorry to hear you got a tummy bug on your weekend away! Good luck with your scan today.

Nise - that's dead handy to have the neighbour on hand for LG. My SIL is a dentist, and has to pay for child care while she works PT. Her wages hardly cover the child care! She is working mainly to keep her job for when the kids are older.

Bigger - i hope you found the answers you needed.

AFM - CD10 :coffee:
Mum's making progress. She's had a knee replacement - but it's slow going. She's 75 and her other leg is bad too. They're going to try to replace the knee on that one in the summer.

Other news: It's my 1st wedding anniversary in 2 weeks. ( Where did that year go huh?!) It falls on a Wednesday and my DD will be in Wales for a pony treking week that week with her best friend. Her friends mum is taking them and me and DH have to pick them up on the Saturday. So we've decided to combine picking up DD with a couple of nights in a nice hotel in the Welsh mountains to celebrate our anniversary. Now I have a track record for AF coinciding with holidays and i just looked to see what's happening this cycle - guess what?? lol - i'm due on the day we drive home on the 13th. Not too bad ay? :thumbup:

Don't know how the ":haha:" got at the beginning of my post, it was meant to be at the end, lol x

Pippi - Good luck with your scan today hun :hugs:

Misty - I hope your mum is feeling better - when my mum broke her hip she came to live with me for 6 weeks - I think it's called payback:haha: I can't believe you have been married 1 year already - :happydance:

Nise - That's great you can carry on working for now and know that K is being looked after - as child care is so expensive for working mums:flower:

Bigger - The only thing I know is that FSH has to be higher than the LH can you not ask your FS:winkwink: Okay now I'm worried just looked at my levels from last year FSH 6.7 LH 1.5 and the next ones FSH 10.6 LH 3.3 (does anyone else think that shows classic PCOS) or am I just being paranoid - would explain a few things though - aaarrrggh I think I need to mention this to my FS :wacko:

Love to all the other ladies - aren't we due some good news on this thread soon:hugs:

X

Pippi hope baseline scan goes ok :thumbup:

Mistyy hope your mum is doing better :flower:

Bigger, FSH needs to be as low as possible I think. Mine was 7.4 18 months ago but I suspect it has risen dramatically since then :wacko: TSH is advised to be 2.5 or lower for fertility but up to 4 is actually considered normal. (mine is 4.0 which I am not overly happy about :growlmad:)

Waves at everyone else :wave:

Butterfly - Thanks that has helped me to - mine was FSH 10.6 LH 3.3 (back in Feb 2012) Doc said normal I disagree - might mention it to my FS :cry:

X

I think 10.6 is ok Garfie, I think it is only cause for concern if it gets to 15/20 :flower: :hugs:

Ok I just checked back and I was advised normal levels are 3.5 to 12.5 :thumbup:

Ladies just a fast post..

No one on here upset me. I'm having some family issues & my SIL is very jeosuly of me having children. I had to make the hardest choice of finally having my mother put in the nursing home for good. Which has really made me very depressed. My old DD has a staph infection so she's very sick so been taking care of her. Then my goat is gone in labor so now on goat watch with a snow storm going on. My soon be 2 yr old is starting to learn to potty train so it's a busy time right now. TTC is been really hard on me since not a + on a HPT yet an it now soon be 2 years of TTC. So be doing our last IUI and if not pregnant have wait til June or JUly too see a new RE which done got picked out.

Just so much going on an been having 2nd thoughts on TTC. Went for another blood draw today to recheck my FSH,TSH an E2 see my levels have changed. As the last time had them checked was last year in June. So I asked for another blood draw to see how things look. Hope my levels not changed much with my age..

So for now just don't have time to be on forums an all of this going on.

Too all the ladies, if I've got time will check in from time to time but right now just NO TIME on hands for fun on the net.

Be praying for all.. Sorry this is short in some ways don't have time for personals as got to go an check on my goat..

Goodness Bigger you've got loads on your plate right now. Good luck with it all and come back when you can. Sympathies with your mum. Mine is recovering in hospital but looking frail :( It's a deeply upsetting thing to see your parents become old and frail :hugs:

Butterfly and Garfie - i know nothing about FISH and HISH, lol, but i'm watching with interest and sending best vibes, as we all always do :friends:

and Garfie well done for having your mum for 6 weeks. My mum lives round the corner from us, so me and teen DDs are going to take it in turns to be with her 24/7 for the first week when she comes out, (handy that its Easter holls tomorrow) and i'll be able to pop round a few times a day after that. My father passed away 5 years ago, I'm an only child and so were both my parents so there's only me to look after my mum :wacko: DH is being lovely. He's trundling down to the hospital with me whenever he can and will join me at my mums for the evening shifts when they begin, bless him. Otherwise i wont ever see him! Mum managed to get from her bed to the window with a walking frame yesterday - i'll bet they'll having her doing laps of the ward today. I think they're aiming for her to come out tomorrow. It feels rushed to me - but what do i know?? :wacko:

Anyway - rambling on again - :blush: back to TTC: i have a question ...

I'M on CD11. Ov has been known on CD13, 14 or 15.
I've had egg white mucus today (hears heavenly chorus :haha:) Who thinks i should start BD now (and risk running out of steam by usual ov day) and who thinks we should wait another day or two? FF is all bells and whistles about fertile phase as soon as i put in EWM, but i'm not sure ....

Any thoughts?

PS: it's going to be interesting trying to BD this week if i'm sleeping at my mums from tomorrow :haha: I recon the reason Mother Nature has made it harder to TTC after 40 is not 'cos we are past it - it's because she knows we'll have aged parents to look after by then :wacko::winkwink::haha:

Mistyy I have a theory that the reason our body produces th EWCM is to help the swimmers up there so our bodies think we should start shagging then :shrug: could be rubbish though :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->