TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Lol about county/country :haha:

Bigger - great news about those results :thumbup:

PDMCD - i don't think longer cycles are a sign of peri men. either. You're like me! Every little thing i grimly note to myself .... 'humph, must be the menopause'. Heavy bleeding, light bleeding, long cycle, short cycle, period pain, no period pain ..... it ALL gets blamed on the menopause here :D

Maxi - glad you're back safely. Bet you hugged those twins they nearly popped when you were reunited :)

Barnie - thank you for admiring my chart <coy smile> I do seem to produce fabulous charts ... but with no darn BFP ever! :dohh:

Garfie - fab idea about the coloured socks! And you're right, you can sometimes suggest something till you're blue in the face, but they wont listen till it comes from someone with a badge on :) Everything crossed for the 10th then hun :friends: Loved the Anne Summers comment. Have you googled ''Lovehoney''? It's an online shop for ..... toys. Never ordered any myself, but have had a browse. Some of it makes your eyes water just looking at it! Really, DH and i were looking the other day and couldn't work out which end you use where with some items :haha: I think it's getting less taboo nowadays than it was a few years ago. Which can only be a good thing!

Pippi - so i hope this week stays stress free :thumbup: I've no prob with you telling us all your facts - it's fascinating! As for the electric toothbrush being stuck on .... hmmmmm suspicious after all the 'toy' talk :haha:

AFM - thank you all for your good wishes for mum. We're getting there. She's working hard at doing things for herself. I have to say the hardest bits for me are getting up in the morning all blerey eyed and going to do the getting up routine with her, and the getting off the comfy sofa at 10pm and driving round to hers to do the bed time one. I was thinking last night - it's like having a baby again! (except without the nappies of course. and it's just for a few weeks) and would i actually cope with all the disruption to our cozy routine if i had a baby now!?!?!? Arrgghh.

:dust:

Ladies the IUI was no go once again.. :cry:

I'm really gutted like crazy & very upset. The nurse said the doctor is only in half a day an my DH couldn't do his thing this morning so been a awful day. I yelled at the nurse saying I don't know how much I can take doing this?

I told my DH right now I've got mixed feelings again. Wether or not to try again or just want an see a new RE in JUNE. TTC is really now getting to me. We may try on our own but for now just really upset once gain..I'm suppose to have AF again this month so not sure right now should do meds again or just wait..

I'm so down once again. When are we going to get a Darn break?

Good luck all may u all see a BFP soon. It don't look going happen to me soon.

Bigger, I am so sorry hun :hugs:

Misty, your Mum must be sooo glad to have you around. :flower: for Misty!

Pippi, :thumbup: sound like things are progressing nicely. Let us know how things go on Wednesday.

Pdmcd, frustrating that AF is p*ssing you about :growlmad: hope it shows soon.

Garfie, we're travelling for treatment too - 3.5 hours in each direction. Bleugh, it sucks already :gun:and we've one done it twice so far!

Hi Barna & Maxx :hi:

And a big hug for Dash :hug:

AFM....Day 2 of Lucrin aka Lupron and ... well I'm bored of this already .... this TTC stuff is taking FAR TOO LONG :haha: Grow follies, grow!

Ladies,
We're going to try once again in a few more weeks at another attempt for another IUI. If we don't get a BFP on our own. Then after that last IUI an that is a BUST going to meet with a NEW RE in JUNE talk things out an hopefully the new RE will let us try a few IUI's with meds an if no go I want to do IVF/ICSI/PGD an one more thing.

I was really hopeing to hopefully be pregnant by our daughters 2nd birthday.

I don't want to give up just yet. I want to complete our family with a 3rd child if possible. Since my bloodwork is showing great..

I'll be praying for all of you to get a BFP very soon.

Maddy good luck this cycle fx'd!

Bigger glad your trying the iui again. Fx'd this next try
At least you have the new re to see shortly if it doesn't work

Misty how's your mom doing? Also your in your tww how are you doing?

Afm I'm now 9 days late if I'm late? I refuse to test till I'm 2wks late
I just think my cycles are wonky and the metformin was regulating th but I'm off it now
No symptoms of either pms or the other.
I kinda like not having af but I do know when she arrives it'll be torture

We're renovating this weekend finishing up touches trim and putting new tile in a bathroom praying to get it all done by the end of next week or this weekend if I'm lucky
Then if its dry enough and the little bit of snow left in the backyard is gone can work on the flag stone. We're replacing the dead grass in our yard with it as the dogs kill the grass.

Have a great weekend ladies

Sorry to hear bigger...but good luck next time

Max, 3.5 hr travel to clinic is a bit of hassle....and the novelty has worn off when you have done it before. Lots of hot water bottles on your tummy is supposed to help follicles...but with twins you probably don't have time to sit with hot water bottles!

Good luck with all the DIY, pdmc. Hope af does not continue to mess you around.

How your mum continues to improve misty...ha ha at the electic toothbrush and Ann summers reference !

Hello everyone else...

So my update. It all happened so fast. Scan on wed was good...all follices were around 16mm. The clinic rang me at 6pm Wednesday evening and told me to be there at 7.30 am friday morning !!! Was nt expecting to go till Monday.
The clinic is in Scotland (been attending their satellite clinic in northern ireland for scans etc). i was in a tizzy as was not expecting to have to go till Monday so had one evening to book flights, hotel and pack. Had to deposit the cat in a cattery and negogiate Friday off work at the last minute.
So much for a relaxing week....

Egg collection went fine, got 12 eggs, embryologist said she was expecting 1-3 to be darker and smaller and more immature but she said they all looked good.
So just waiting for call tomorrow....to see how fertilisation went.

My hand swelled up and was a fiery red where they injected the sedative....nurse said shes never seen such a bad reaction! Also got big hive like rashs on my neck but they went down quickly.Know I have sensitive skin but did nt think I was that bad.

Funny when I came round the nurse was explaining about my hand and I said by way of explanation that my skin goes really red when dh hits me!!!
..but at least had presence of mind to explain that what I meant was if he grabs me or bangs into me....think she was thinking more along the lines of 50 shades of grey!

Emboryologist said dh had a cracking sample and so he is proud of himself...so so mature!

Pippi wonderful, so excited for you
As a nurse I wouldn't have thought of fifty shade
More like Rihanna and Chris brown abuse ( hope that reference crosses the pond lol )

Thanks pdmc, that was my fear too that she'd think I was in an abusive relationship and was all blurting it all out when I was a bit out of it...
Was nt expecting the 50 shades comment...

Thanks butterfly.
So 7 fertilised last night, one egg was too immature to fertilise so pleased with 7 out of 11. Lets hope they are not 7 embryos with crap chromosomes.

Wow Pippi, that's a really great number, you must be so pleased :thumbup: And :awww: to DH for a "job" well done :haha: Will you be doing 3 or 5-day transfer?

Pdmcd, are you now at 2weeks late? Have you :test: yet?

Bigger, it sounds like you have a plan :thumbup: I LOVE a plan, makes me feel so much better.

AFM day 5 of meds today. It's really, really boring!

No I'm at 11 days late no symptoms either way so no desire to test
Maybe at 14 days late but I honestly just think its my pcos.

On a side note for us 80s girls my dh got us tx to see depeche mode the beginig of sept. also we're debating a music festival wher both the cure and new order are playing
Now if only Duran Duran was pkaying there is be in heaven.

Funny how all my fave bands back in the day where British not American or Canadian.
A bit jealous of you guys over there as they your there more often then here

Duran Duran and depeche mode are my 2 faves from the 80's too :happydance: I saw them back in the day but would love to see them again :thumbup:

Pippi - oooh 7! Fingers, toes, eyes and everything crossed for you here :friends:

PDMCD - here's praying that you'll get a wonderful surprise soon and that it's NOT your pcos. Good luck with laying your paving. I was a bit 'gothy' in the 80s and The Cure was definately on my playlist! (i had a secret passion for John Taylor in Duran, as they were frowned upon in gothy circles, lol) I followed allot of indie bands long with The Cult (She Sells Sanctuary was one of their more mainstream hits) and Sisters of Mercy. I saw them all perform live allot in London as that's where i grew up. I went to see the Cult for the last time in the very late 80s and the lead singer, Ian Astbury (who was gorgeous and very athletic on stage a few years earlier) had put on about 5 stone, was out of breath and got through his songs mainly with the help of the audience doing most of the singing :shock: + :haha: + :cry: God alone knows what he's like now. I refuse to google him :haha:

Maddy - well i think it's exciting, lol. What's the next step?

Bigger - everything crossed for you here too for your new RE. x

Butterfly - :waves: how's you lovie?

AFM - temp rising. Mum improving loads thank you for asking lovelies x

We've had a bombshell in that our land lord (we rent privately) has announced he wants to sell his house! Argghh! We'd been here 5 years and it feels like home. This is my first time renting, i spent 17 years before that with a mortgage as a homeowner (sold up when i divorced in 2008) and DH and i have both treated this house as we would have done if it was ours. Cared for it, mended it, made it our own. But we always knew it wasn't ours really. Now we've got to be in a new home by September. He called us from Greece on April Fools day of all days! But it's not a joke.

Been frantically searching the net for a new house in-between looking after mum. We want another detached house with a garden. Got to be a village nearish to where DD3 goes to school. DD2 has got to be able to catch a bus (it's very rural here) and not too far for DD1 and DH to drive to work. I've lived in this village for 13 years (DH 5 years) - and it's going to be very odd to leave it. But there's no properties to rent here right now. Seen one house in a village about 10 miles north of here, we're going after it but mum is fretting because she's used to being only a walk away. (she doesn't drive) ..... :wacko: stress stress stress

rambling now :D

Love and :dust: to all as always xxx

Oh no Misty...wonder if he was in a hurry to sell if you could afford to do a deal...but then maybe you don't want to get back into all the home owner stuff especially the way the banks are being so tight with money at the moment.
Well you have a few months yet so hopefully your mum will be fully recovered by then...but it's just something you don't need at the minute. You're chart is really climbing steeply...yours are always interesting...fingers x

Loved Duran Duran when I was a teenager. The waiter who served us the other night said he's called after John Taylor as his mother loved them...think he is just embarrassed to be called after a member of Duran Duran!

Enjoy depeche mode pdmc....they are still great.
Maybe there are more bands here to see but concert tickets are so expensive now that you can't afford to see all that you would like to see.

Afm
Embryologist rang....it's like waiting for exam results!!! 6 of the 7 are growing, 3 are a bit slow but the other 3 are progressing well. She said the other 3 may catch up yet. But all 6 look nice she said.
So depending on how they look tomorrow morning...may be putting them back in tomorrow at day 3 but won't know until the last minute. Otherwise they do a day 5 transfer on wednesday. All this uncertainty is killing me!

Mistyy is there any way y can buy the house yourselves? :flower:

I'm good, just one more thing to do (mammogram) before I can pay the clinic half the money and get them to look for a donor :happydance:

The clinic are really being thorough butterfly. Do they require a mammogram Before they will treat you? The things we need to do to ttc....in comparison to all those teenagers who fall pregnant by accident.

I read you blog but got lost as to what was the outcome of the smear test story..

Oh goodness Pippi it's so exciting! I think i'd just burst with impatience if i was you, lol. It all sound sooooo good :happydance:

Butterfly - as pippi says they are being very thorough aren't they? Getting so close now :happydance:

We have thought about the possibility of buying this house. The landlord has hinted he would do us a deal. However ... i'm not sure DH and i want a mortgage in this day and age! And we're not sure this house would be a good one to buy. Garden is next to a massive barn so doesn't get allot of sun, we're opposite a primary school, with folks parking over the drive palavar twice a day ... little things ....

My Dad would be spinning in his grave to see me renting - he used to say it was throwing money away. But now there's no guarantees when it comes to getting your money back with house buying. In 5 years the heatings packed up twice, the boiler needed replacing, the drains have blocked 3 times (due to lay out), the oven has exploded, the up and over garage doors have come off their wires annually and the water tank leaked all down into the hall :dohh: All repairs paid for by land lord thank god :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->