TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Walking the dog in the sunshine ,,,

Maddy so pleased everything on track but boo to the reflux hope it buggers off soon for you x

Butterfly times flying et be here before you know it x

Nise sounds like k has settled in nicely roll on social services free x

Pcmcd hope AF has left you alone now x

Hi greens how's it going x

Misty how are you x

Garfie how are you x

Everyone else hi x

AFM ov should be here next couple of days so :sex: for me n oh won't know what's about to hit him lol and heres some :dust: for us all for some more bfps around here x

Great news Nise :happydance: is special guardianship a permanent thing or does it change to adoption at any stage if you don't mind me asking? :flower:

Maddy glad all is going well but :growlmad: at the reflux.

Where's everyone else gone? :shrug::growlmad:

You can apply for adoption, but we were advised in the early days not to go for adoption straight away as this would make the process so much longer (it was already 9 months!!! but we would have had to go through the entire process and attend panels and be passed by the panels) The Special guardianship is a permanent thing though in our case until K reaches 18. It was introduced about 5 years ago and was originally intended for older children who wanted a permanent family home rather than a foster family but didn't necessarily want to cut all ties with birth parents. It is often used now for children that are bought up by other members of the family as it gives both a sense of permanence. Personally, I think it is an easy way for childrens services to relieve themselves of any financial burden, unlike Foster parents SG's do not generally receive an income - which is why they push it so hard! I guess the only down side is that there is always that tiny risk for the SG's that the birth parents will see the light, sort themselves out and go back to court to get their child back - though I hate the idea of that - perhaps in the big, unselfish scheme that is a good thing. According to the Social Worker we were with, it's quite unusual for birth parents to do that as they have already had many chances and most simply slip away. K was with a foster family for 2 years prior to the SG order being enforced. Her birth parents have the right to write to her up to 4 times a year - they have not bothered in the first quarter to date. :hugs:

Well it sounds like it is working well and K loves being with you so it hopefully won't make any difference :cloud9::thumbup:

Mady that sucks about the heart burn

Garfie misty I hope your both doing well

Nise wonderful news! I'm so happy for you all!

Today we painted the front porch railings and finished putting the sand down on the paving stones. My front is now complete!!! Only a few stones to cut then sand left to be put down in the back! It's so nice to be almost down all the renos ( except the basement were waiting till the fall)

We went to a music festival Friday it was 80s bands (Canadian) flashback it was nice.

Yes af is still here she's light so just a tad annoying but I can do stuff now
However I'm a tad anemic so it makes exercising difficult. Hoping the iron and bit b complex kick in soon as heart racing is a pain. I'm swing my dr on fri hopefully I will go back on metformin and regulate again

Hope everyone is well

I'm here.......................................

Nise - Well it sounds like things are progressing to a natural end and you have the prize :happydance::happydance:

Maddy - So sorry you have heartburn - I just have extreme :sleep: and bloat at the moment:hugs:

PD - Wow you sound like you have been busy:flower:

Mary - What sunshine:haha: send some this way pleeeeease:winkwink:

Misty - Hope you are okay mama :hugs:

AFM - I have already had 4 scans and have seen a heartbeat - I have also started a journal so please feel free to stalk ladies :happydance:

:hugs:

X

Good luck with the dr on Friday pdmc, glad to hear af is finally saying goodbye. Hope the dr gives you some answers.

Great Nise that you'll be social services free...sounds like you need not have any need to worry about the parents trying to muster on in LG. you can all settle down to a 'normal' life...

Great Garfie and maddy that scans went well. Th reflux sounds horrid maddy but like us all here...what we would n'g give for that problem :)
Do you have another scan again soon Garfie.

Hope things ok for you Misty...you stopped temping i see...hope the house move went well.

Only a few days more for the lining scan butterfly...best of luck.

Hope ov gave lots of time for bd Green.
I also just ovulated but left a bit frustrated as we only managed one well timed bd. dh takes a low does of anti depressants for an anxiety condition. the medication has some sexual side effects so he can find it difficult to bd 2 days in a row. So we tried on Sunday even though he was not in the mood as we had bd on sat....but he could n't deliver 'the goods'. Tried again last night and same thing....think last night was more a physchiologial issue as he felt under pressure...
He feels really bad and I can't let him know how dissapointed/frustrated i am as its just makes things worse....so just venting here as its not something i can exactly share with people in the real world!
We're just going to try every second day next month...need to have some normal bd outside of ovulation first to get his confidence back. When i see lots of fertile cm its hard to skip an evening of bd...so partly my fault for not listening to what he was saying before we tried on Sunday...but its tough balancing act.

Garfie. Good news on the scan and heartbeat so wonderful , sorry bout the tiredness and bloiat ,a journal I will def be stalking x
Butterfly good luck for your lining scan Friday x
Pippi sorry bout the issues with ohs medication my oh has had problems like that in the past n it doesn't make TTC any easier trying to work out timing it right with oh as well as ovulation but as they. Say it only takes 1 egg and 1 sperm so hopefully 1 good timed bd is enough fxd x
Pcmcd sorry AF is still around albeit light hope your group to the docs gets you back on track and the anaemia gets better x
AFM ov any day now although my ov sticks aren't doing anything yet except a very faint line but CD 17 is usually ov and am on cd15 today
Everyone else hi and good luck and :dust:

Awe Pippi, you have my sympathies - I've been in that situation. Nothing like a bit of ovulation timed sex to turn things into a disaster - and it's hard to zip it when you know the window is so small. Hopefully the Saturday deposit where all long timers and are just chillin and hanging out ready. :hugs:

I'm still alive!

No internet at the house and no fancy phone :haha:

We get t'internet on Wednesday so i can catch up properly then.

Miss you all - my head is all over the place with worry. Had a dating scan last Wed. saw heart beat. Got to wait till 12th July for The Big One.

Love to all of you ladies xxxxxxxx will catch up with you all properly soon.

Yeah misty heart beat!!!!
That must be hard no Internet how are your kids handling it they must be dying. Goodness knows when ours is down mine are lost and confused.

My dr appoint is now in 2 weeks darn lab hadn't forward my ultrasound, I'm still spotting and getting annoyed but its manageable

How's everyone else

Brilliant news on hb mistyy :happydance::happydance:

Pmcdmd damn about having to wait longet, what a pita :growlmad:

It's all go for my donor egg cycle. Just waiting for a call from the clinic to say they have a donor ready for me :thumbup:

Awesome news Misty yet for heartbeat x

Pcdmc pita like butterfly says x

Butterfly roll on news of an egg donor its getting exciting for you x

AFM think ov happened yesterday had pains all day n gone today and + ov stick yesterday so keeping my fxd gonna grab oh later for 1 last shot at the egg

Everyone else :hi: and good luck here's some :dust: for us all

Great to see u back Misty and brill that you got to the see the hb. Only 1 month to go for the big scan...just try not to worry too much, hope you can relax a bit after seeing hb.

Great news butterfly..do you just keep taking estrogen to maintain you lining for whenever the donor is ready ?

Really sucks pdmc that your still have spotting...

Fingers crossed for you this month maryanne...yea may as well give it one more shot just in case. I'm not sure exactly which day I ovulated last weekend...ff is saying i ovulated on cd13 before my temp rise but I think its Cd14 as i had ewcm that day (so i override the day in ff). Just hope my one bd on Saturday was good enough timing...

Its all action here and not sure how ill get into the office on Monday as Obama is speaking in the building beside work on Monday morning as part of the G8 summit. The amount of cars/police/security is unbelievable. Work are being as organised as ever and organised training that morning so can't come in a bit late :-(

Oh blimey Pippi that looks hectic from what I ave just seen on the news :nope:

Yes I just have to keep taking the estrogen :thumbup:

Pip we had the g8 in cottage country and the g20 in Toronto a few years ago
All I can say is good luck the police, fences, extra security, military and news reporters. It was a zoo then.

Maryanne good luck with the de!

Hi butterfly

Just popping in to say yay to Mistyy for the scan & hb. Not long til the next one! And Hi Garfie, how ru feeling?

Hi to everyone else too :)

AFM - well between work and needing regular naps I'm not really reading or posting much at the mo'. All's good though.

Ladies

I have been for my scan and it wasn't good news - the baby is dead no heartbeat was found :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I am beyond devastated and can't believe this has happened again - I now have to make my mind up what course of action for removal I take:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I will keep up with your journeys for now until I decide what I will do :cry::cry::cry::cry:

:hugs:

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"