TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Butterfly! How did it go? xxx

One grade 1 embie transferred so now I just :coffee::coffee: Am off to Spain for a 2 week holiday on Thursday so hopefully can chill a bit :thumbup: Congrats on 10 weeks :happydance::happydance: The reason you are right behind maddy is that it took you so bleeding long to test :dohh::haha::haha:

Garfie massive :hug: hon xx

:haha::blush::haha::blush: yep. I thought that when i was writing my post :rofl:

Great news about the embie. A holiday sounds a perfect idea :thumbup:

So pleased to hear all went well, Butterfly. Great plan to have a nice relaxing holiday to while away the 2ww :thumbup:

Lol at you Misty, the only other I person I know bar myself who could ignore the test stick until it was so bloody obvious everyone else knew before! :haha: And who cares how you blossom, just so long as you do :thumbup:

Garfie - I so wish you didn't have to go through tomorrow at all. You are being amazingly brave and really don't deserve this at all. I'll be thinking of you. :hugs:

AFM - I've got a couple of days off now then work Fri & Sat after which I get almost all of July off :happydance:

Chatted properly for the first time to my next door neighbour today. Turns out she's a midwife at the hospital we've just registered at! :shock: What are the chances of that!? :D

:dust::dust::dust:

Morning Ladies

Just a quick pop in DNC went fine but I had to stay in overnight, was sick, bp was low and I was on oxygen - a bit of a nightmare but I'm home now:happydance:

I'm so sore this time:cry:

Will update properly soon:flower:

:hugs:

X

Garfie - :hugs::hugs: Poor love. I'm not going to say 'you can put it behind you now', as we know it doesn't work like that and i hated anyone saying anything like that after my MC. Like it was just a bad hair day or something! However at least you can have a bit of peace now - with that appointment out of the way. I hope the soreness goes away very soon. Sending love and hugs xxxxxx

Butterfly wonderful news!

Misty & maddy enjoy every symptom

Nise night terrors don't miss that stage

Garfie sorry to hear what your going through

Afm I'm done ttc I'm heavy again for a week ie bleeding through a tampon
I'm going on bc to stop the bleeding and will stay on them till I see the gyno
I'm still gonna check in to see how you lovely ladies are doing, as you have all been like my cyber family. I just can't handle the period it's now 70 days of bleeding at some amount.

I have been focusing on my running and have some goals set up so it feels like a good decision for me.

I'm praying for you all to get that wonderful bfp and little blessing at the end of 9 months
I wish you all happiness and joy in what ever direction life takes you

Sorry to hear pdmc, check in every now and then and hope you get your gyna problems sorted. Hope you're ok about it all, its never easy to decide to stop ttc but to have it forced on you is hard.

Hope you doing ok Garfie ...and that you are getting a chance to rest.

Small world Misty that your neighbour is a mwife at the hospital...she might get to know you very well in the next few months !

Hope all is well butterfly and you are enjoying the 1-2 ww.

All ok with me, car failed its mot due to some spring broken and garage is desperately trying to chase up the missing part we need for repair despite it being ordered Monday....we won't be able to drive it after tomorrow as last years mot expires tomorrow. We are in a small village with a bad bus service so really need a car....:growlmad:

Oh no pcmcd I reall hoped you could have got that sorted by now :nope::hugs:

Pippi damn about the car :growlmad:

Mistyy could be :blush: if she ends up staring at your lady parts :haha:

AFM don't really expect this to work but I guess that is me protecting myself. Will find out soon enough :coffee:

:hugs::hugs:

Gah! That's not the attitude, Butterfly - Of course it's going to work!!! - Consider yourself well and truly Granny Jo'd :jo: :haha:Dig deep for the PMA, we're all rooting for you. :hugs:

Garfie, I hope the physical soreness clears up soon. Like Misty says, you can't really put these things totally behind you or even forget about them, but hopefully with time it will become a easier to live with. Big hugs to you :hugs:

Misty - Lol at your next door neighbour being a midwife - hope you don't have to get to know her to intimately! :blush::hugs:

PCMCD - I'm so sorry to hear you still have trouble with the bleeding, I do hope you can get it sorted soon. I hope you find peace in your decision and fulfilment in everything you do, giving up is really hard but sometimes necessary. Good luck with whatever you do and do pop in and visit from time to time. :hugs:

To everybody else. Big hugs and happy weekends. I have to work tomorrow, but it is the last day of work until the 30th July :happydance::hugs:

PDMCD - Don't leave the thread :cry: We are all hoping this bleeding is sorted as quickly as possible for you. It seems madness that you have been suffering like this over two months now! Keep us posted. The decision to give up ttc is a huge one. Go with what feels right - as we all must :hugs::hugs: The running goals sound great. I envy your drive! xxx

Pippi - cars, cars, cars!!!! i feel for you. We put DHs work van through its MOT yesterday and it cost £400 :shock::shock::shock: (although alot of that was work on the suspension rods - or something? :blush::haha:) My car's MOT is due Monday. It'll have to wait though, 'cos i need it to drive down to London for this Harmony test that day. sigh. More £££££££.

Butterfly - What's all this????? Negative thoughts WILL NOT DO!!! (This from the QUEEN of negative thoughts :haha::haha::haha:) What's the plan hon? Will you just test at home? Do you have to return to the clinic for a test? And when? We're all :coffee: with you :happydance: So exciting!

Nise - lol - well, in the doc's at the village i just left, an old aquaintance whom i have chatted and gossiped with on and off for years appeared through the curtain to do my smear test last time :dohh::haha: That was quite a strange experience! We would normally have our chats while walking through the village, now i was there on my back, knickers off with my legs akimbo in front of her :shock:! I knew she was medically trained as she was the school nurse for a long while. I knew she had left the school, but I didn't know she had joined the practice nurses at our clinic. (she did a bloody good job anyway. Only time i havnt bled like crazy after a smear).

AFM - 10+5. tummy's tender, and tiredness in the afternoon/evening is almost debilitating. DH was building kitchen cupboards after tea last night and i hardly had the strength to stay awake to give moral support, let alone help. :sleep:

How are all the ladies out there? Barnie? Maryanne? Pussycat?

:dust::dust::dust:

Glad you are so tired mistyy iykwim :haha:

Well I confess I am an early tester so I did start this morning at 5dp3dt so equivalent of 8dpo. BFN of course :dohh:

I'm in Spain for 2 weeks at the moment and beta is scheduled for 8 July at the clinic in Madrid so I should be able to make that (unless all my tests are neg by then in which case I wll stay down south at the beach and not bother!) :hugs:

Misty - I've just spat my Whisky & coke everywhere reading your last post :rofl:

Which is good, coz it cheered me up a bit. Today Bio mum, who hasn't been near FB for ages suddenly put up a post giving the dates of birth for all her 3 children, (The first 2 are teenagers). She even put the time of birth of K and proceeded to tell everyone on FB how much she loves them, how she'll always be their mother and how they'll always have a father! Don't know what she's trying to prove, but it's taken every ounce of coolness that I have to ignore it and not answer with a sarcastic remark in reply. Hope this doesn't spell trouble ahead. :growlmad:

Nise - first of all :thumbup: for the whisky + coke. My fav. tipple. JD and ginger is luurvley :) Not having any at the mo tho, of course. I'm glad i made you smile.

Well done for rising above the Bio Mum on FB. I'm sure she's just chest thumping. She's a rotton mother and anyone who knows her well enough to be interested will know that. ((hug))

Butterfly - OMG i'm so excited for you. Everything crossed here - fingers, eyes, legs .... :happydance:

Hi Ladies

Still sore - so just stalking for now - I have put my story up on my journal if you want to stalk - I'm totally out of the running for a month :cry:

:hugs:

X

I'll check out your homepage Garfie later...hope your ok

Must look at your progress too butterfly...was nt sure what to make of the HPTs you posted yesterday.

Glad to hear you are tired Misty...all good signs. Yea I'd be mortified having someone you know casually appearing to do my smear...

Maybe Nise you could unfriend the bio mum or hide her posts...really no good will come of seeing them and no point stressing yourself.

Dh has now fractured his ankle so great timing considering we are without a car. He thought he was continually spraining it but when to A&E and its shows a bone chip. So I'm running about doing all the cooking and cleaning and fetching things for him:growlmad:
Just have to make him well enough for bd later this week as ovulation coming up.

Hi ladies. Stalking you all every week or so. The smear bit has made me laugh; I have a snooty neighbour who is a nurse at our surgery. I half considered booking my smear with her so she has to engage in professional conversation with me and do it (surely nurses dislike doing them as much as we hate having them?) but didn't quite have the nerve to go through with it........ :haha: :haha: :haha:

:haha::haha:

Oh poor DH pippi! :nope:

I also wasn't sure about the previous tests :wacko: but today's I am calling a :bfp: :happydance::happydance:

Really pleased for you :) wishing you a smooth and healthy 9 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->