TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Yay Butterfly. Congratulations - now that's the sort of news to get a Tuesday off to a good start. :wohoo::wohoo::wohoo: Fabulous news. :hugs:

:holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly:

A whole line of Hollys! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

How wonderful Butterfly. I am so pleased for you. Here's to a happy healthy 9 months :wine: << that is black current juice. of course :winkwink:

Garfie - :hugs::hugs::hugs: Hope you are being very loving and kind to yourself. I hope the soreness goes away asap. Looking forward to seeing you get back in that saddle and back in the running:flower:

AFM - had the Harmony test yesterday. Had a scan beforehand - bean was wiggling round like crazy! Looked like a tiny hippo! Arms and legs waving. Bless. Such a storm of emotions.

The results should be back in about 10/14 days - in time for my 12 week scan there on the 15th. If it's bad news they ring you before you come to the scan appt. apparently. So you're not walking into bad news. If you hear nothing all is ok, and they just see you when you come in. I'm going to be sick every time the phone rings after about the 10th.

Waves to Spoomie, and Pippi, and Greens and PDMCD and all.

xxx

Did they give an immediate nuchal measurement?
10 days is not so long to wait :)

:happydance:Congrats Butterfly:baby: H & H 9 months and love the ticker x

Misty 10-14 will pass in no time and am sure will be fine sounds amazing to hear of bean wriggling around on scan x

Garfie :hugs: hope the soreness settles quickly take care x

Pippi hope oh's ankle isn't limiting him too much and that the :sex: for ovulation is full steam ahead go little :spermy: and catch that egg x

AFM :witch: got me last week am on CD 7 with ovulation usually around CD 17 so a good few days they to get oh in the mood ,am trying to lose as few pounds but boy is it hard with so many nice foods tempting me ,

:hi: spoomie, greens ,nise ,pdcmd and anyone else I missed,,,and good luck to everyone still TTC and here's some :dust: :dust: for us all x

Oh Pippi i meant to say about your DH's ankle! Hope it heals soon - lots of exra work for you in the meantime ay?

Greens - no they didn't measure the space at the neck or look at the nasal bone, she said it's too early. That'll be the 12 week scan. They took about a hundred measurements of baby, yolk sac and womb, wanting to be clear on dates. They did look hard at the heart valves (amazing what they can do) and the blood flow through the stomach. All seems 100% at the mo.

Please God may it stay that way [-o&lt;[-o&lt;[-o&lt;[-o&lt;

Maryanne - Sorry to hear about the :witch: Best of luck with the loosing a few pounds. It's tricky to acheive, but you feel so good afterwards :thumbup:

:dust::dust::dust:

Congrats butterfly, lovely unambiguous line there...
Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday and how nice to get such great news while on hols.

Great misty for the good news so far, yea I'd be on tender hooks on that phone call that you hope never comes. Prob be easier if they had never told you that they ring if its bad news...just let you think you were getting the results at the appointment. But great to see baby moving and waving etc.

I read somewhere maryanne...that to loose weight its better to eat almost the same thing every day (obv not great nutritionally) but when we cook new food etc...we eat a bit more cause we like it. If you bored with the food you are not tempered so much! But that's one of the joys of life gone if you follow that advice.

Butterfly, that's such amazing news. So pleased for you and you've given me hope as DE is my next step. x

Butterfly congrats!!! HH 9 months

Misty how wonderful!!!!

Today I took my shot of depo so were officially done ttc it was a tad mixed emotions but mostly I'm good with the decision as I have slowly been moving to that. It wasn't meant for us. I will look at the positive I have two lovely young adults and one day grandchildren ( granted not for at least 7-10 yrs)

I will stalk every once in a while and pop in also, wishing everyone the best

Butterfly congrats!!! HH 9 months

Misty how wonderful!!!!

Today I took my shot of depo so were officially done ttc it was a tad mixed emotions but mostly I'm good with the decision as I have slowly been moving to that. It wasn't meant for us. I will look at the positive I have two lovely young adults and one day grandchildren ( granted not for at least 7-10 yrs)

I will stalk every once in a while and pop in also, wishing everyone the best

Good luck to you PDMCD, it's not an easy decision to make and I hope the rest of your life is filled with lovely grandchildren and lots of happy, happy times to come. Thanks for all your support and encouragement. :hugs:

It's a tough thing to have to do pcmcd and I wish you all the best :hugs::hugs::hugs:

PDMCD - You sound strong and happy about this decision and i respect that enormously. As has been said it's a long old journey. But ttc or not ttc i think of you as my friend from across the pond :friends: This thread has always been so much more than just a run down of ov's and POAS's - so yeah, pop in and say hello as often as you can hon :thumbup:

:hug::hug::hug:

BF…. I’ve said it elsewhere but I am so, so, so freaking happy for you :happydance:

Nise… yay for long holidays :dance: Do you have anything special planned? Biomum sounds like a twit and, well…sadly that’s kind of par for the course, isn’t it :shrug: I would hide her off FB but not un-friend her – you still want to be able to keep tabs on her movements and plans, IYKWIM.

Mistyy… bump buddy :hugs::kiss: Hope the bloods come back. Encouraging that the initial scan looks good.

Pdmcd… don’t leave us, although we understand if you need some time away from TTC-related stuff. Good luck with moving forward :flower:

Pippi… ooh no car & DH’s ankle – what a combo :wacko:

Spoomie, Greens, Pussycat & everyone else :hi:

Well, how are we all enjoying the heat? It's great when there's time to do nothing, but i'm finding it exhausting when i've got to be busy out and about in it! My middle DD returned from Portugal today (went with boyfriends family), stood on our patio and said heat-wise it feels the same as it did on the beach out there yesterday :shipw:

Phew!

Love and :dust: with long cold drinks all round xxx

Yeah I'm starting to wonder why I went away :haha: it's probably nicer over there :dohh:

Hi Ladies, sorry not posted, lost internet connection for a while and been sidetracked.

Garfie -i am gutted for you, popped on to see how all you pg ladies were doing, hope you are recovering :hugs::hugs:

Mistyy - hope that phone call has stayed away and everything progressing well :)

Congrats Butterfly :happydance::happydance:

pcmcd - do keep popping in, I am nearing that end too i think, just haven't quite got there yet :)

AFM - nothing to report, I am nearing the end and know it in myself so weaning myself off testing and everything TTC. Well apart from this board lol, if anything happens its now down to fate and just going to try to live my life without having to bd when its the best time just when I want to ! Going to enjoy my ds whilst he is still young and enjoys my company as i am sure in a few years that won't be the case :haha::haha:

The clinic rang earlier. The test has failed :( 1 in about 5000 fail. Not enough DNA in the blood sample :(:( Our luck is awful.

They want me back in London this evening to do the nuchal tonight instead of Monday. I am terrified. DH is coming home early to come with me. I've been crying as i thought i still had a few days being peacefully pregnant before i had to go through this.

Think of me at 6pm ladies.

Love and hugs to you Maddy and Booth and Butterfly and all.

xxx

I'm not sure what that means mistyy but thinking about you :hugs: did they just do the test wrong or something? :hugs:

:hugs:

It means the test was a dud basically :roll:

When i had it done they said they would only ring if one of three things happened - 1, it was a bad result ie: one of the chromosomal disorders 2, the results were going to be very late, or 3 the test failed to produce any results due to lack of the placenta DNA in my blood sample. I'm no.3.

It could be worse, of course, i thought they were ringing to say they'd found Downs, Pataus or Edwards or something. They will retest me today for no extra charge but i'll have to wait 10/14 days again. Soooo they are going to do the nuchal today to speed things up a bit for us. Nuchal scan isn't always clear though. sigh. and more sighs.

My head hurts!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"