• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Afternoon Ladies, just popping in to wish you all a Merry Christmas, Happy healthy and lucky New Year and pain free (as possible ) births :)

:wave: - Booth
:wave: - everyone

Well it's Boxing Day, but Merry Xmas ladies! :xmas16:

I hope everyone is having a happy and healthy xmas break, and enjoying lots of goodies festive chilling out xxxxxxxxxxx

:dust::dust::dust:

i girls, bfn for me I'm afraid. Tested last night with hpt and nothing. Had no symptoms the last few days so was expecting bad news. Feel sad and angry with my body. Still waiting on af. Not going to go a 3rd time.
On mobile so sorry no personals.

Pippi - i'm so sorry to hear that lovely :cry: I'm sending a hug to you and your DH right now :cry:

So here I am the ghost of Christmas Past! :xmas3: I'm sorry I haven't visited in a while but I've got to tell you this mum business is FULL ON! coupled with having to work (coz it's expensive too) I hardly have any spare time any more. I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas. I had the most fun I've ever had on Christmas Eve and I never even left the house! K is now a believer hook, line and sinker.

Thought I'd just pop in and wish you all a happy, healthy and fabulous New Year and I will try to drop in more during it. :hugs:

Thanks girls for the support and sympathy.

My blood test from 2 days before the official test day showed a low positive so the same result as the last ivf. af has arrived now which I'm glad about as it helps to deal with the bfn rather than waiting for it to arrive.
Im Just very emotional and burst into tears so easily.
Just trying to accept I'll never have my own biological child....which will be a slow process but hopefully I'll get there without turning into a bitter old biddy! We have one frozen which we will use but really have zero faith in having a succesful outcome.

Glad to hear all going well Nise.

Roll on 2014 and happy new year to everyone.

Nise - :wave: You sound so happy! It's fab :happydance:

Pippi - :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Of course you're all emotional. Be good to yourself. Glad AF has come promptly for you. Better, as you say, to get it over with and move on again. More :hugs::hugs::hugs:

To pippi and all the ladies posting and lurking i wish you a very happy 2014 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pippi .. huge hugs xxx. Hoping 2014 brings you whatever you aim for :hugs:

Nise .. loved the update on your journal about Xmas eve. It's clear you are relishing your new role :flower:

Mistyy .. how ru feeling? I admit to being a bit apprehensive at this point, but there's no going back, hey :shrug:

Maddy - i'm bloody terrified! lol Went on the tour of the labor ward on Sunday afternoon. I was all excited and looking forward to it - then when we started to go round i started to feel sick, and tearful :dohh: I don't really know what to expect this time (induction) i don't know exactly where i'll be put, and i don't know the hospital very well :headspin: Hey ho.

Horrid head cold at the mo, so not sleeping or eating much. Doesn't help! How are you?

xxxxxxxxxx HAPPY 2014 LADIES

Mistyy - all good, no sign bub is coming early at all. I was a bit shocked at our hospital classes at some of the practices our hospital promotes (I won't go into them here, but I wrote today on my journal if you want to look). Things like the baby isn't to be held/touched by the father for at least 1.5 hrs after birth....!

Thanks girls. Back to work and trying to get on with life...
New role in work starts Monday and can't say I'm that enthuasic unfortunately. Hopefully it will distract me...
When I was back at work on Thursday I looked around the office and just though to myself, is this what life's about...working and no family. ...just feeling sorry for myself but sometimes a bit of time away from work gives one a bit of perspective.
Finishing all the supplements I have as just a waste of money. might just stay on prenatals and EPO.

Good luck for Monday Misty....then the countdown starts.
Sorry you got stage fright in the labour ward, you got this far against the odds you need to tell yourself that you'll get through this last bit. It's ok to be scared but you will get there in the end and it'll be worth it.

Glad all going well Maddy. Seems v strange practices in the hospital ...

Thank you so much Pippi :hugs: Yes, I'm telling myself to be brave - it's a very strange thing - i'm just still almost thinking i'll wake up and this was all a dream. That and just waiting for something to go wrong. Normal hormonal angst i suppose.

I so hope all goes well for you in your new role on Monday. Abandoning the supplements was the first thing i did when i went on my 'basic ttc' regime. I pared it all down to simple ov watch and DTD on roughly the right nights. No OPKs, no vitamins, no avoiding certain food, no cough mixture! lol. A few gentle months will help your poor stressed self out no end. Massive ((hug)) lovely.

Maddy - that's so odd about the father not being allowed to touch the baby at first! Our hospitals are very into 'dad strips his top off and has skin to skin with baby straight after mum (while mum has a shower!) I wonder what the thinking behind the 1.5 hours is?

xxxxxx love to all xxxxx

Thanks misty for the virtual hug and motherly advice ! I am starting to temp again just so I can keep track of ovulation and its a right pain to have to reach for the thermometer. I don't think I'll even bother temping in the future but think I need to this month and know the first cycle after ivf is always a but wacko..and not up to lots of bd at the minute ! Yea just going back to having the odd glass of wine etc.
I shed a few tears in yoga this evening as the teacher was getting us to reflect on 2013 and what we have to let go of or accept and I couldn't hold back...luckily we were all lying down with only a dim light !

Did you get a date today?

Pippi :hugs: how do you feel about 2014 and moving forward, after that yoga class? That would've made me :cry: too.

Mistyy any news :flower:

Hope everyone else is having a lovely new year :thumbup: no matter what your plans!

AFM no signs this baby is coming early. Although it feels like he's rearranging the furniture in there :haha: so I hope he gets bored and comes out soon!

Aw Pippi i get that about yoga too. I did a bit of it last year and when you're very relaxed at the end all manner of thoughts and emotions go through your head. Good that the lights were low xxx re:temping - yea, a pain, but tbh i found i got a reasonably accurate result with very shoddy temping discipline! Different times and often while having a convo. with it stuck under my tongue :haha: Be kind to yourself :hugs:

Maddy - :wave: Is it dragging for you a bit now? In a time passing way i mean. It is here. Yes i am wondering when the 'baby's movement slows down towards the end' bit is going to start. She's kicking so hard at the mo that DH can often see it going on under my clothes out of the corner of his eye next to me on the sofa!

AFM - good news! The consultant i saw yesterday was the one i saw at my 12 weeks scan. Not the one who was pushing for induction by 39 weeks. This consultant said that in her opinion i am healthy, baby is fine, and in my case the risks/complications that can arise with early induction outweighed the risk my age poses. So in short she has booked me in for induction on my natural due date (21st Jan) and wants me to have 2 or 3 sweep and stretches between now and then in the hope that will kick labor off naturally a little early or at least on time, without the need for hormone drips or breaking waters artificially. ('Sweep and Stretch' is where the midwife puts her fingers right up through your cervix and then runs them round the inside of the neck of the womb - (eye watering!) I'm pleased though. This feels more right than just forcing my body into labor a week early.

Love to all xxxx

Misty - Aw hun that is good news - the sweep is nothing compared to being induced just remember to breathe:winkwink:

Pippi - Aw sorry hun that it didn't work for you - if you start temping again we can stalk your chart:happydance:

Maddy - Not long for you either hun:hugs:

Butterfly - How are you keeping?:hugs:

Love to all the other ladies

AFM - I appear to be in another TWW which is a miracle in itself as me n hubby nearly split up (stalk my journal if you wish) this TTC has finally got the better of him - he refused to go for his SA test - so not quite sure what happens now:dohh:

I am going for another abdo scan today - I would never forgive myself if I had something nasty lurking and never dealt with it - but whether the FS will want to see me still I really don't know:cry:

All I can hope for at this stage is that I get pg again soon (we did agree one more time) and then that's it regardless of the outcome I'm done:wacko:

Come on baby time to show yourself:winkwink:

:hugs:

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94