TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Great to hear from you Misty !! Sammy is gorgeous, such big blue eyes...she looks like she is really intrigued by the camera.
Thanks for the congrats, still scared and in shock!

I have had a tiny tiny amount of spotting since Tuesday. Its bright red so I am hoping its the progesterone gel irritating me a bit and not bleeding higher up. But on constant knicker watch....this next week is going to drag in. I think having had a mmc scars one for for life for any future pregnancies..

Understand about your info here and the donor egg Butterfly if not everyone know. Last thing you want is someone in real life (that you don't want to know) coming across it.

Pippi i didn't see your message last night :wacko: - i just responded to butterfly's answer.

I know about knicker watch! :flower: 9 whole months of it last year! How are you now? I'm so excited for you!!! :friends: Keep us posted pippi xxx

Yes Sammy loves DHs mobile phone! It's what she's trying to get to in this pic, lol. It's got a leather cover and she likes to chew it. (loads of expensive teethers all around her - but no, she wants the phone cover :dohh:)

:hug:

Hi Ladies

Quick pop in - Pippi wow I'm so pleased for you hun :happydance::happydance: (a little Misty came and told me:winkwink:)

Well as you can see ladies not a lot happening to me - except both my boys are at Senior school and the hormones have well and truly kicked in for them both :haha:

I have a journal on here - so if anyone wants to know what I've been up to feel free to stalk:blush:

Hubby has said he doesn't want a baby now - but the lazy git hasn't been to the dr's and had the snip - so until he does I say it's still fair game :haha:

Loving the pics of your little ones - will put a pic up of my not so little ones later:cry:

:hugs:

X

Thanks Garfie , sorry to hear the husband of yours is up to tricks.
Hope he comes to his sense soon.

kW over for now Misty..but will remember the big scares you got and how it all ends up fine if it returns again. Lol at Sammy only wanting the phone cover as teether ! Typical...
Not that its the same (don't want to sound like I am comparing lovely Sammy to my cat !) but we have lots of beds for our cat that she refuses to sleep in but loves a cardboard box that something from amazon came in..but it looks so unsightly right beside the fireplace !

Thanks girls for the well wishes for today,
Scan went fine...phew. Size fine and heartbeat fine. Everything in right place. Did nt ask any questions on length etc as had not prepared them as was n't very confident that the news would be good. I had a consultant do the scan and he said chances of mc once you see hb are <1%. Even though I'm at only 7w 4d...Hopefully he's right.
Just so relived we got this far. dh was crying :) but my main feeling is relief...

Off to pack as going to london tomorrow for next few days to see kate bush so glad news is good for our wee holiday...but all I want to do is sleep!
Will try and get on here while I am away...

Oh Pippi yes fabulous news :happydance::happydance::happydance: I understand the bit about once you've heard the basic good news any other questions go right out of your mind, lol :dohh: Bless your DH.

Have a great time away. Jealous of seeing KB! Her Wuthering Heights was the first single i ever bought as a kid (shows age) from Woolworths i think :haha:

Anyway - yes about cats liking cardboard boxes. One of mine loves a box, but once in it he gets all weird and thinks he's gone feral, lol.

Must rush - baby crying - keep on keeping us posted pippi xxxxxx

Pippi, just stopped in to say im overjoyed to hear your news!!!! Fantastic.

Xxxx

Pippi - congrats! All will go well!
As for me I start birth control today. Don't know the rest of the schedule yet.

Thanks max, how's the treatment going ? How's your schedule looking ?

Thansks barnibear, how are things with you ?

Hope the solid food is going ok Butterfly...take it was with the parsnips !

Lol Misty at the cat going feral....ours gets a mad look in her eyes every now and then and runs like a mad thing over the house...wrecking all mats etc.

Hope Sammy is still being a good girl and not keeping you up too much at night...

Kate Bush was great...at least my dh really enjoyed it. The first half was good...2nd half was a bit more weird with music I did n't know so well...but we knew that in advance. It was as much a show as a concert but she never sang Wuthering Heights !

All ok with me, not having very strong symptoms but mild queasiness and tierdness so hoping everything still ok in there. Vomited in London after eating Thai food. I think it was the Thai food (strangely happened to me before after eating Thai food) while dh thinks its the pregnancy.
I love Thai food but obviously I need a sick bag with me next time...if there is a next time.

I'm 9w today and contemplating a private reassurance scan...can get one for next week but kinda holding out hoping I'll hear from the hospital...but guess I probably won't be seen till nearer 11-12 weeks.

Pippi - Glad you had a good time - sorry about the :sick: I would like to think it was baby and not Tai food (I love Tai food):haha:

X

As you asked Pippi I'll write whats been happening with me but its not a happy story to be honest.

I miss speaking to everyone on here and as its been so quiet I havent posted.

In summary, I went for lots of tests privately. Found out I have poor blood flow to my utereus, a blood mutation which makes it liable to clot ( and risk of diabetes when im older) and moderately high natural killer cells. All of which can be helped with medication. So we did a donor egg cycle. Happily we got a BFP, but I went for an early scan on Tues and there's just an empty sac. As dates, being ivf, cant be wrong im now having hcg tests. Had one on Tuesday, another today to see if its doubling. Since the scan ive lost all pregnancy symptoms too. So, im not expecting good news, but im hoping they dont drag it out, its just too upsetting. Totally devastated. This was our last shot. It would've been easier to cope if we hadn't got the BFP. This is just plain cruel. So, much heartbreak, and now along with the trauma of what happens with this empty sac we have to contemplate life with no children, there's no chance of a happy natural accident given my issues.

Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy and becoming a mum, Pippi. Its magical.

Xxx xxxx

Oh Barni my heart aches for you. I was wondering how your DE cycle was going. I'm just hoping the scan was too early to see anything so I'm still going to keep everything crossed xxx :hugs:

Thanks max, how's the treatment going ? How's your schedule looking ?

Thansks barnibear, how are things with you ?

Hope the solid food is going ok Butterfly...take it was with the parsnips !

Lol Misty at the cat going feral....ours gets a mad look in her eyes every now and then and runs like a mad thing over the house...wrecking all mats etc.

Hope Sammy is still being a good girl and not keeping you up too much at night...

Kate Bush was great...at least my dh really enjoyed it. The first half was good...2nd half was a bit more weird with music I did n't know so well...but we knew that in advance. It was as much a show as a concert but she never sang Wuthering Heights !

All ok with me, not having very strong symptoms but mild queasiness and tierdness so hoping everything still ok in there. Vomited in London after eating Thai food. I think it was the Thai food (strangely happened to me before after eating Thai food) while dh thinks its the pregnancy.
I love Thai food but obviously I need a sick bag with me next time...if there is a next time.

I'm 9w today and contemplating a private reassurance scan...can get one for next week but kinda holding out hoping I'll hear from the hospital...but guess I probably won't be seen till nearer 11-12 weeks.

You must be in heaven right now knowing you've got a little one in there! Nothing going on with my cycle now. I'll be taking birth control till the 16th and will then bleed for a few days before anything starts. The birth control is making me nauseous. It's amazing how I took birth control from age 21 till 38 and never felt sick (except for the one time I quintupled up on pills and projectile vomitted immediately) and now at 42 I'm so sensitive to everything - birth control, pms, ovulation pains.

Barni - BIG :hugs: hun - hoping it was just a bit early to see anything, but I understand the need for closure and them not dragging it out.

You should be offered two scans before any decisions are made hun :hugs:

X

As you asked Pippi I'll write whats been happening with me but its not a happy story to be honest.

I miss speaking to everyone on here and as its been so quiet I havent posted.

In summary, I went for lots of tests privately. Found out I have poor blood flow to my utereus, a blood mutation which makes it liable to clot ( and risk of diabetes when im older) and moderately high natural killer cells. All of which can be helped with medication. So we did a donor egg cycle. Happily we got a BFP, but I went for an early scan on Tues and there's just an empty sac. As dates, being ivf, cant be wrong im now having hcg tests. Had one on Tuesday, another today to see if its doubling. Since the scan ive lost all pregnancy symptoms too. So, im not expecting good news, but im hoping they dont drag it out, its just too upsetting. Totally devastated. This was our last shot. It would've been easier to cope if we hadn't got the BFP. This is just plain cruel. So, much heartbreak, and now along with the trauma of what happens with this empty sac we have to contemplate life with no children, there's no chance of a happy natural accident given my issues.

Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy and becoming a mum, Pippi. Its magical.

Xxx xxxx

Somehow I was able to answer Pippi and didn't see all the posts that came after. I'm so sorry and all of it is cruel. With my 1st miscarriage what was in the sac just stayed looking like a smudge. With my chemical I never got to the point of anything. With my last 2 miscarriages my scans looked nice except for a slow heartbeat and I had symptoms. With my twins I went in for bleeding at between 5-6 weeks, saw nothing and had no symptoms but they're both here. I didn't have any early pregnancy symptoms. Well I thought I did but what i was feeling I've felt every cycle for these 1 1/2 years I've been trying so they weren't pregnancy symptoms. I hope it's ok for you.

Well, my hcg is going up but not doubling so have to wait until next tues for another scan. I should be 7.5 weeks by then but as i should've seen something at 6.5 weeks so i have no hope, just the agonising wait for confirmation. I thought donor eggs would rule all this out, that it wasn't even a possibility. After an internet search it does happen. Just keep asking why us, on repeat.

Thank you butterfly, garfie and maxx.

Well, my hcg is going up but not doubling so have to wait until next tues for another scan. I should be 7.5 weeks by then but as i should've seen something at 6.5 weeks so i have no hope, just the agonising wait for confirmation. I thought donor eggs would rule all this out, that it wasn't even a possibility. After an internet search it does happen. Just keep asking why us, on repeat.

Thank you butterfly, garfie and maxx.

No it's not supposed to happen. I'll keep hoping for good news.

So sorry to hear Barbear that's so sad and terrible for you. I am sure that after they found issues that they could treat and then when you get a bfp you get to see some hope only for it to be cruelly taken away.
I don't think HCG has to double in 48hr to be ok values...did you put the levels into some of those hcg calculators which will tell you whether you are in normal range...
Its a small bit of hope that hcg is increasing....but its a tough wait till next Tuesday.
Did you have any embryos left after your donor cycle?
Is it financial that you can't go again? I guess it can take more than one shot to get the outcome you desire ...and now that you have started medication its a shame not to be able to try again. But you have enough on you plate at the minute and just need to get through this difficult time.
Keep posting here, I know its been very quite for a few months but keep us updated on things and get some support from the ladies on here.

Good luck for after the 16th max. Strange that birth control affects you so much now...are you on a slightly different pill than before ?
Keep us posted on how things go...

max, I would n't say I'm in heaven knowing there is a little one in there ! Wish I could say that. Mostly just terrified that something will go wrong.
I'm afraid this good news will be taken from us too and like Barnibear said earlier would prefer to have never got the BFP if that's the case. We had kinda accepted our childlessness and now this will put us back at square one if things go wrong.
My symptoms have really decreased this last few days which does not help my anxiety. I've read somewhere that around 10 weeks they can diminish but I can't help but think the worst. When we saw HB at 7.5 weeks they said risks of a mc are now low I can't help but feel I could still be one of that unfortunate cases. We have a NHS hospital appointment on Thursday so hopefully they will do a scan and let me find out if all is ok. Its amazing how you need reassurance just after 2 weeks....

Pippi, when I was pregnant with my son, I lost all morning sickness etc at 8 weeks, and he was perfectly fine. Everyone is different. I hope you get all the reaasurance you need at your scan on Thurs.

As for me, there's nothing frozen. Not the most successful donor cycle to be honest but we did end up with 2 top grade embryos, both were put back in, on day 2. They didn't want to risk leaving them longer as there were only 2. There's no money left, remortgaged to pay for this last shot. Plus I don't think we could take anymore heartache. Our lives have been in limbo since we lost our son (which I believe was hospital error) in 2011. This was pregnancy number 6, and still nothing to show for it. Its too much.

Thank you Maxx, wishing you well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->