TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Thanks ladies. Everyone has been so supportive. Just shows that 40 is the new 20! This was my third cycle since my miscarriage and first month properly TTC (although OH didn't know that!!!!) using CBFM, temping and trying to keep a PMA. It can be done!!!

Good luck and :dust: to all.

Pip x

I agree - no line eye required. Can see them all at a glance. :yipee::yipee::yipee: Congratulations. :hugs:

hiya girls has anyone got their period due tomorrow and have a really aching back and hips, headache watery white cm and just generally feeling down, i dont know what to do with myself and am nervous about testing tomorrow and dont know if its worth it

Now I've seen the lines hun, I can congratulate you for sure!!! Beautiful lines for 10dpo! Sending stickiness for a H&H 9!!

I said it on another thread but saying it here again... I see lines! CONGRATS!

Definately pregnant. That is pretty good for 10DPO... Congrats...

I am due for due for AF flow and it has not come yet. I am weird but I don't want to jinx myself so I'm going to give it a few days. . Fingers crossed....

I am due for due for AF flow and it has not come yet. I am weird but I don't want to jinx myself so I'm going to give it a few days. . Fingers crossed....

wow how do you do it? I test WAY in advance LOL

fingers crossed for you!!!!!

congratulations PIP you give all us ladies over 40 great hope and inspiration x

:witch: is here bang on time so I'm out. Over to you now Garnet for the next bit of good news. Got it all crossed:dust:

I'll have to start building up my energy levels for when the olympic flame of shagathon is passed my way again. I start a new contract tomorrow but hopefully O will hit just before I get into the really stressful and mega long hours part of it again. :hugs:

I am 41 (42 in june) my DH is 40 (41 in april) we are TTC our 11th baby, I have 3 girls and 7 boys and have also had 6 MC's during my TTC life. My eldest is 26 and youngest is 14months. I have noticed it seems to get longer to conceive for one of many reasons during my 40's. I have been lazily trying over last year however we have decided to actively make a big big effort as we'll prob miss our chance as we aint getting any younger.
I am on CD3 and due AF April 8/9/10th so FC and I wish everyone luck on the TTC Train

wow how do you do it? I test WAY in advance LOL

fingers crossed for you!!!!!

I don't test because if I see a BFN, I'll get depressed "again". It seems that if I test early, I end up getting AF. Once I got AF 6 days late so I try not to jinx myself. Crossing fingers too. If I do get pregnant, it will of been close to [-o<the time that the baby I lost would of been born.

OOOOOhhh, oooooh Pip!!! I'm very excited for you, keeping everything crossed for a sticky bean!
Garnet, good luck, I'm the same as you, I never test until AF is late, as I quite enjoy the possibility before she arrives!
Inkdchick, don't get down - it's spring, anything can happen!
Hello to Snowbabe - that's a lot of kids! Can you spread your fertility this way, please!
x

Hi girls! I've been on the regular board, but thought I'd introduce myself in the 40 plus thread.

Just turned 40 in January, never been PG, and neither of us has children. So, we are first timers in every area.

I "think" I may have Od this past week, and we BD'd on Monday and yesterday. My OPK was so close to positive on Weds and I thought that meant negative, but others have said it's still positive. I started temping Thursday so I have no real way to know if I O'd for sure.

Soooo, I have no idea if I should consider myself in a 2ww or not. Ugh!

spring or no spring Rebs i dontthink this is gonna happen for us without the help we are now gonna get from yet another f.s. hopefully he will prescribe us some pregesterone to help keep what is trying so hard most months now to stay apparantly he is a good friend of our doctor and he put in a special urgent request for us to be seen by him so fingers crossed , unless lol something magical happens before the 4th may im still waiting for my period so you never know lol :rofl:

WOW, way to go Pip!! So pleased for you hun!!!! :yipee::yipee: Now rooting that it's a super sticky one!! D'you reckon that 'cos our AF's were/is due on the same day (19th), mine could hitch a ride on holiday with yours perhaps?? You've given me the urge to test!!! I was going to write that I'm the same as you no AF or BFP symptoms but that's all a load of tosh for you now - oh I've got a few spots on the old chinny chin chin but that's about all...boo!!

Reb S and Garent I'm with you, I never test unless I'm late!!:hugs:

Nise - make sure you get plenty of R&R before you take up the 'task of torch'!!:sleep::coffee:

Yea, c'mon Snowbabe, blow some dust our way would you please??!!:haha:

Luv to y'all xXx

:witch: is here bang on time so I'm out. Over to you now Garnet for the next bit of good news. Got it all crossed:dust:

I'll have to start building up my energy levels for when the olympic flame of shagathon is passed my way again. I start a new contract tomorrow but hopefully O will hit just before I get into the really stressful and mega long hours part of it again. :hugs:

Work was really busy for me recently so we switched to :sex: on the morning. Got me all energised for the day and meant I didn't stress about it on the evening when I collapsed into bed exhausted.

Pip x

Work was really busy for me recently so we switched to :sex: on the morning. Got me all energised for the day and meant I didn't stress about it on the evening when I collapsed into bed exhausted.

Pip x

talk about an incentive to waking up early ;-)

Make sure you stay in bed for 10 to 30 minutes before going to pee after that... to help the swimmers get to their final destination :winkwink:

Pip x

talk about an incentive to waking up early ;-)

Make sure you stay in bed for 10 to 30 minutes before going to pee after that... to help the swimmers get to their final destination :winkwink:

That's right. I just sent OH into the shower first, stuck a pillow under my bum and kept my knees up!

Pip x

:hi: Snowbabe and Shelley71 and welcome to the thread. I'm impressed Snowbabe 11!!! Shelley I'm trying for No 1 too.

With a bit of luck this cycle O day will be during my prep weeks of work which are slightly more normal hours . Last cycle it was during the shoot (I work in TV Production) and when we're in that part there is no time in the morning I have to be out the house about 6.30 - and we don't wrap till 1900 so trying to have any sort of life is hard but add in ttc and well.... cue mega frustration.

Pip - so pleased you will get some help from a FS who is keen. I've got an appointment with the Doctor on Wed morning to get a referral to a FS that has been recommended by a friend and who has sent me an email to give to the doctor in case she won't refer me - she's a bit old fashioned and when I got pg the first time she asked me how old I was and literally threw her arms up in the air whilst gasping in horror when I told her I was 42! Scared the shit out of me, I thought there was something seriously wrong - silly woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->