TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Hi Noelle,based on what you've told us you can still be pregnant but your HCG levels aren't high enough to show up on your test. The best tests I believe are FRER and you should take it using FMU. Are you taking your temps? This can also help reassure you. Ie if your temps are still higher than your coverline and remain high (up to 18 DPO) then you are pregnant. The symptoms you talk about are common in pregnancy but they are also common with hormones playing up. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you. when I was pregnant it took over a week to get a positive test and I, like you had lots of symptoms especially the sore breasts!

Hi Noelle. I'm 40 and tested positive with an IC cheapie at 9DPO, and another IC cheapie and Superdrug test at 10DPO. The Superdrug has the same sensitivity as the ICs (10miu) and costs £4.99 for a twin pack. My CB with conception indicator test is 25miu so I've not used it yet as I'm only 12DPO.

Pip x

Hi everyone, my name is Noelle, I am 42 and trying to get pregnant for the first time. This is the second month we have been trying and about a week ago my breasts were suddenly very sore and larger. Then I started to get very crampy, first my back and now my abdomen. I have been super emotional and very tired. This morning I woke up and took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. My period is due tomorrow. But then I looked in the mirror and all of a sudden my breasts look bruised and veiny. I really feel like my body is going through major changes. Is it possible that at this age my hormone levels are different so it would mess up the test?

Hi Noelle...welcome and FX'd crossed for you :hugs:

Well AF got me this morning with a nice temp drop I have adjusted my chart to OV on CD6 for last cycle and it looks like correct. I probably think my cycles are a little bit messed up from coming off the Soy Can't think what else it could be as all other cycles before soy have been normal.
I am reluctant to take it again this time until I get back on track and Ov at a decent time.

Bit depressed today to be honest as we tried in what we thought were all the right places but we were off by miles so it's been a wasted month really it does explain why I never got a +OPK though. We did actually BD on CD6 and chart looks like it had an implantation dip but was obviously just a second surge of progesterone

Oh well onwards and upwards....means I will have to start OPK's while still on AF

FX'd for all you other ladies

I'm sorry Glowstar. I got a CBFM for this month as I wasn't sure I was ovulating at all and if I did I expected it around CD16. Turns out I ovulated at CD12 so if I hadn't been using the monitor and temping I would have missed it. I was using OPKs but never got a positive.

I know that the monitor is expensive, but I got mine with 40% off from Amazon. Not sure if the offer is still on though. It was the best £57 spent given I got a :bfp: first month of using it.

Pip x

Sorry to hear AF got you Glowstar. Can you tell us more about Soy and what its used for? If your cycle was normal before however, I agree with you and maybe best if you leave the Soy for a month? Here's to next month for you! :hugs:

Hi Pip

I'm so glad to hear your positive comment about CBFM. I have been temping, OPKing, green tea, grapefruit blah blah blah and still not pregnant 4 cycles after my m/c. So depressed. I am waiting fro my CBFM to arrive today (ordered on Amazon express delivery, what's an extra few £ when I spend so much on vitamins, herbalist etc?!!!). I'm pretty sure my ovulation day is quite regular (apart from this past month when FF told me it happened on cd10 so I stopped OPKs and bd after cd12, only to have it adjust a week later to ovulation on cd14 - grrrrrr, we missed it) but I am a control freak so it will be one more tool to add to my OCD armoury :) Got my period yesterday so I'll be starting CBFM a couple of days late but will read instructions before I decide whether to start on dacd3 or wait till next month. I may message you for some advice if I have any questions, as it obviously worked wonders for you :) I felt so so low last month when my period arrived but this month I just feel resigned and defeated, not sure which is worse.

I'm so happy for you. I posted on here to a PAL lady a while ago that m/c robs you of the innocent joy of pregnancy that people who haven't experienced loss get to enjoy. Do you determine to savour every moment of it, trying not to worry about the outcome or do you try to remain a little detatched? I really don't know (and I've had 3 m/c as well as my beautiful son, so I really should be getting good at it by now!) Whatever path you follow I pray you enjoy a healthy and fruitful 9 months xx

Well AF got me this morning with a nice temp drop I have adjusted my chart to OV on CD6 for last cycle and it looks like correct. I probably think my cycles are a little bit messed up from coming off the Soy Can't think what else it could be as all other cycles before soy have been normal.
I am reluctant to take it again this time until I get back on track and Ov at a decent time.

Bit depressed today to be honest as we tried in what we thought were all the right places but we were off by miles so it's been a wasted month really it does explain why I never got a +OPK though. We did actually BD on CD6 and chart looks like it had an implantation dip but was obviously just a second surge of progesterone

Oh well onwards and upwards....means I will have to start OPK's while still on AF

FX'd for all you other ladies

Hi Glowstar - sorry you've been got, cut yourself some slack it's hard this TTC lark... Don't let anyone ruffle your feathers today, have a nice bath and a night in your PJ's with a glass of wine and then off we go again tomorrow!:hugs:

Have to say after reading Pip's post and yours too about Ov day, I'm def thinking of investing in a CBFM (I also trawled through Mistycats thread on them last night - it's a few more posts down from this one about success stories - and it seems that at least you know what your body's up to!). My cycles a regular (well AF's regular!) and although I've had my bloods done and Dr has said I Ov, I'm not 100% convinced I have done this and last cycle, no CM or mid cycle pain. And! One huge advantage is that you get to know exactly when you've got to jump his bones so hopefully no more grumps!!!!:thumbup:

Chin up hun, we will get there..... I'm expecting AF this Sat after a disasterous month of only BDing twice so I'm really not holding out much hope, but I know how you feel, last month we had a great month (every other day!) and still nothing.... Take care xXx:kiss:

Thank you Jax and Spoomie. I just felt at my age and with my history (2 miscarriages with one live birth in between), I simply don't have time to wait and see. I don't smoke or drink, so I felt the cost of the monitor and the sticks were a worthwhile investment.

You can start using the monitor any day up to CD5 inclusive. I paid extra to get it delivered asap. You will need AAA (i think) batteries and a box of sticks.

IMO don't skimp on the sticks. If it wants you to POAS and feed the machine do it. There is a big thread on CBFM and there are one or two people on there who clearly won't follow the instructions yet constantly complain they don't get a :bfp:

I'm happy to answer any questions on it - just pm me. I personally found it easy to use, FF allows you to record it's results on there (although I'm not sure if that is just for those with VIP access - again worth the money) and it was worth every penny. If I lose again I will definitely use the CBFM as m/ccan really play havoc with ovulation.

I am very nervous about this pregnancy but to a large extent it is out of my hands now. I'm happy to report that I'm getting my usual all-day nausea (had it until 20 weeks with my DS) and lovely little cramps that I've decided us baby snuggling in. I have to try and retain a positive attitude and keep my nerve. If I don't I'll never have my rainbow baby.

:hug:

Pip x

Hi everyone im new on on here and im going to be 40 this year ! I already have a 15 year old boy and 5 year old girl but am hoping for a 3rd , hope everyone wishes me luck its my 3rd month of ttc and ive a week to wait before i test.
Been having a few mild cramping mainly noticable at night and woke up really early this morning with nausea and unable to sleep after that !!! so wish me luck, i hope its a good sign !!!

Thanks so much, i will keep you posted, its great that ive found this site, you dont realise theres so many going through same things !!!!

Really quick post will update full birth story later in announcements

Seth Anthony Elion Parsons has arrived at long last after an eventful pregnancy

Time: 23.28
Date: 13.3.11
weight: 7lb 12oz

Thick blonde hair and an absolute treasure, breast feeding well and hardly cries at all. Truly Blessed !

Really quick post will update full birth story later in announcements

Seth Anthony Elion Parsons has arrived at long last after an eventful pregnancy

Time: 23.28
Date: 13.3.11
weight: 7lb 12oz

Thick blonde hair and an absolute treasure, breast feeding well and hardly cries at all. Truly Blessed !

Congratulations Alex, seen the picture, bet your on cloud 9, hope recovery is fast for you, hes sooooooooooooooo beautiful :hug:

hello everyone!
Lots of posts - hello to Noelle and Redhead;
Bad luck Glowstar - shame she got you. I did love your comments about getting OH to BD!! Ha ha! I've got a Peak on my CBFM today and OH is moaning about having a headache! GRRRRRRR.
To those hunting CBFM's - I got mine on ebay for about £30 - month 3 now - maybe it's my lucky one. Trouble is, we have no idea if our 'unexplained infertiliy' has an explanation that they just haven't found, or not.
PS Glowstar - my friend is 40 and her OH 31, same as you - she got pregnant by mistake, giving birth age 41.
Spoomie - poor you - 3 MC's is 3 too many. Please keep cheerful and keep hoping x
Alex - congratulations!
Wish me luck with the shagathon, ladies - I'm not going to let that torch go out now I've got my peak day!!! x

Well my lovely ladies..thanks for all your supportive comments...means a lot.
Feel much better and more positive now :winkwink: at least not got a long TWW :haha:

Well I caved and ordered a CBFM :thumbup: I am also a VIP on FF....got conceive plus...a pillow to hold my arse in the air so no spermies fall out and I am going for it this month :haha::haha:

PSW...I have secret tricks that OH can't refuse then sneakily turn it into a BD Session :haha:

Congratulations Alexp.

Go for it Glowstar.

Pip x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back