TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Okay ladies, can someone provide me with a definitive list of who on this thread is now the proud owner of a BFP? Seems like there are lots....!
x
PS Spoomie - think I O'd today, so I'm a bit ahead of you...x

I know I am pregnant :happydance:

Pip x

Hi Pip
Can totally relate to you not wanting to move over to another forum - I ventured into 2WW last month and it felt like a foreign country!!! For me, over 40s and ttc after a loss is my comfort zone, and over 40s who have m/c are my soulmates :) Having said that, I'm desperate to get out of here!!!

Hi Reb S
I hope this is your month, maybe you will be brave enough to venture into the 2WW forum and prepare the ground/make some new friends for us en route to the first tri forum? Hang on a mo, that is surely Pip's job?!!!

We need Mumoffive back to up-date the front page list she started! I have no idea how to up-date those things being a total technophobe! Anyone else clever enough?

Woo hoo Garnet :thumbup::thumbup: the BFP's are coming thick and fast for us bunch of worn out oldies now :haha: gives us all a glimmer of hope...H&H 9 months :kiss:

I think only she can do it Nise. You could always make a new list of members who've posted, say in the last month, and post it as normal.

Pip x

only the person who posted can edit the post or you can get an admin or moderator to do it if you copy it into a pm, update it and then send.

Maybe we should just start a whole new thread and then it will be easier to see who is still here etc.

Well ladies I have EWCM!!! :wohoo: I spotted up until yesterday and I was crapping meself that I had stuffed things up with the soy, I have a weird crampy feeling that I have never experienced before and I am assuming it may be O pain cos the soy has made a big fat juicy egg that is gonna pop out soon!! Still got -ive OPK's but hopefully that will all change tomorrow. I have a feeling the soy may have delayed my O slightly but time will tell.

Oh and did I say I've got ewcm so gotta get jiggy with it tonight!! Looking forward to it, if I dont do the other O when not fertile it doesn't bother me that much but when fertile it is imperative so looking forward to it :happydance:

Hi Pip
Can totally relate to you not wanting to move over to another forum - I ventured into 2WW last month and it felt like a foreign country!!! For me, over 40s and ttc after a loss is my comfort zone, and over 40s who have m/c are my soulmates :) Having said that, I'm desperate to get out of here!!!

Hi Reb S
I hope this is your month, maybe you will be brave enough to venture into the 2WW forum and prepare the ground/make some new friends for us en route to the first tri forum? Hang on a mo, that is surely Pip's job?!!!

Hi guys I know what you mean about being in your comfort zone. I actually went on the 2ww site first and then came onto this site! However I did find a small group friendly, supportive girls there. Reb S I think you are 2 days behind me! So if you want to try the 2WW site, keep your eyes posted for "TEAM NO TEST" a small group of us who are O'D today and we'll be following our progress for this 2 week wait. We decided not to test early this month because we've all been through the pain of BFN's, chemicals etc. Hopefully I'll see you there! We all go into way TMI about most things! Wishing everyone lots of :dust: xx

bless you pip, it is a scary place. I plucked up the courage to go over there a few weeks ago before the chemical, made the ticker as well after fighting with myself for a few days. I just couldn't make it as far as a pregnancy journal. That was a step too far for me.

Right just taken the 2 nurofen and off to the hospital in about an hour to get this hycosy done. Hopefully it won't be too painful nd we might even get the results of the bloods back today. Not sure yet but I'll be back later.

Morning! Just checking in ladies!!

I know what you mean Miss C about trying to keep up with all thats going on here - it's sooooooo exciting!!

Firstly, thanks Pip for the post (way back now) on advice for the CBFM and for being there with help, you sound a pro at it. Glad your little :baby: is settling in and getting all comfy for a happy and safe 9 months!! Don't feel you have to leave us all just yet and go onto the first tri board, we'll miss ya!!!

Garnet - fab news, love it!!! :yipee:

Alex P - ahhh, your little one is gorgeous, thank you for thinking of all of us here and posting your lovely news:kiss:

Reb S (strip Uno huh??!!!!) and Spoomie - get chasing those BFP's girls!!!:thumbup:

Glowstar, good luck with the CBFM, I'm going to order one too!! I loved your post about our OH's/DH's moaning that they don't get enough and moan when it's handed on a plate - made me laugh, laugh, laugh:rofl::rofl::rofl: bl**dy men!!!

Beetle - thanks for the tip on the TWW board, I've often read but never posted there..... To be honest it all seems a bit mad over there, feel safer here being an old bird!!:haha:

Inkdchick - hope you got boosted by the acupuncture!! How's it going with you? Any news about your FS appointment?

Nise - I'm with you on that best tip, but it's so hard when they don't wanna play ball on that day Grrrrrr!!!!:grr:

Truly - good luck with the hycosy, hope it doesn't hurt too much and that the results come back good:thumbup:let us know how you get on...

As for me.....I'm waiting for AF to show - tomorrow, got that 'hunch' that she's on her way boo hoo... I did test (really unlike me but what they hell I had one left over and it was calling me!!) on Tuesday and got a nuffink so roll on next month!!! Ladies, when I get my CBFM do I have to use it from CD1, what if it doesn't arrive in time??!!!

Lots of luv and luck to everyone xXx:hugs:

I'm back!, no worse than a smear, just a bit uncomfortable putting the catheter in but no cramps or anything after.

No problems on scan and tubes all clear. fsh came back at 9 and progesterone 45 so just off to google what the heck that means but he said it was all normal for my age.

He thinks the problem is my age and a slight issue with mortality on DF sperm but recommended zinc and selenium should help that. He recommended IVF sooner rather than later if we wanted to go down that route but as I'm over 40 we would need to pay.

We're not quite ready for that yet so we left as we'd go back in 4 months time for a review. He is holding an assisted conception night on 13th April with presentations and experts there to speak to so I think I'll go along with an open mind and just listen to what he has to say.

He was happy to put me on clomid but said as I was ovulating, he didn't think there would be any benefit for me.

They also said, if and when I do get pregnant again, there would be no problem me going for an early scan :thumbup:

Well that all sounds really promising Truly xxx let's hope your BFP comes soon :kiss:

Talking about Zinc for sperm mortality etc...I read an interesting article and immediatly put OH on Zinc...along with Vit C & E...I also take the Zinc, Vit C & E along with Folic Acid.

Anyone on here might find the following article really interesting and in my honest opinion I don't think any of the supplements will do anyone any harm at all :thumbup:

https://www.marilynglenville.com/infertility.htm

Well ladies I have some sad news. They think I have a chemical pregnancy and a cycst on my left ovary. I had ultra sound and pregnancy test yesterday. Pregnancy sac was not seen because it is too early. Oh well guess it wasn't meant to be...

Oh Garnet, I'm so very sorry to read your news. I know there's nothing I can say to make things feel better so I'll wish you much strength at this time and a huge cyber hug :hugs:

Sorry to hear that, Garnet.

I hear you, Pip. I haven't quite left the ttc threads. I have been on 1st trimester for awhile but I was looking at 2nd tri since I should be moving over soon. It didn't feel like a good environment for me just yet. The threads are fine but the "tone" doesn't work for me.

Good news, Truly.

Good luck for everyone else.

mornin' ladies. I love coming here in the morning and seeing what you have all been up to overnight, problem is there is so much to read it's hard to do any personals cos I have to keep scrolling back too far!!

Well cd11 for me and pre mc and pre soy cd12 was my O day on a 26 day cycle so will see what happens, -ive opk's yesterday so will hopefully see some signs of a 2nd line appearing today, I've never had such nice clean sticks before so hopefully that means I will know it is coming. Spotting stopped today (well a tiny little bit of brown when I went looking for it) and it is a little bit moist in there! Hope it picks up throughout the day and I will keep up with the green tea. Has anyone here used actual egg whites? Can't afford any pre-seed etc after all the pre natal vits and the soy purchase this month.

Anyone else due to O over the weekend that I can share the tww with (that's if I do in fact O!!)

hi every1 been a couple of weeks since i been on here but been reading regularly ,missc i read that egg whites actually are harmful to sperm but not sure ,hi to all other newbies aswell ,congrats to the bfps and :dust: to every1 else trying ,i am nearing the end of my tww due af around 22nd i ov i think around cd16/17 with a 28 day cycle had +opk cd 16 before midday then sum serious pain on left side in evening havent had any symptons except slight cramping tonight with pain like contents of bowels on the move sorry tmi, thinking bout cbfm also been looking on ebay but hoping i won`t need 1, i agree tho definately worth the expense ,so good luck every1 and fx`d and :dust: for us all

so sorry Garnet, what was the result of the test they did? like you said it's very to see anything on a scan yet. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->