TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Shelley...just looking at your chart.....how long are your cycles? sorry just being nosy and find looking at charts fascinating :winkwink:

Well, that's the million dollar question. Before I started taking BCPs 6 years ago, I was 28 days like clockwork with a 3/4 day period. I never needed BC until I was divorced, so that's the only reason I started it. It never worked with my body and I had to try about 5 different brands during that time. I finally stopped taking it last October and since then, I've been all out of whack.

My periods have been as follows:

October 26
December 2
February 6
February 25

Based on the last two and the timing of my possible O this month, I'm REALLY hopeful that this may be my first normal cycle after BCP.

Of course, I'm also hopeful that I won't even have one! :winkwink:

Hi ladies,
Thanks to Spoomie and Miss C for their cup advice. With the mooncup I also had a bit of a suction problem - getting the thing out was a bit of a fight! - I felt like I might need the Hoover to suck the blooming thing out again!
Anyway, hoping you all had a lovely weekend. Although I have passed the torch on, OH is in a particularly amorous mood, so I might need it back! Sorry TMI.
Nise - I must try your stuffed chicken method! What a larf!
Shelley, good luck with getting your cycles back to normal.
Garnet - how're you doing? x

Shelley...just looking at your chart.....how long are your cycles? sorry just being nosy and find looking at charts fascinating :winkwink:

Well, that's the million dollar question. Before I started taking BCPs 6 years ago, I was 28 days like clockwork with a 3/4 day period. I never needed BC until I was divorced, so that's the only reason I started it. It never worked with my body and I had to try about 5 different brands during that time. I finally stopped taking it last October and since then, I've been all out of whack.

My periods have been as follows:

October 26
December 2
February 6
February 25

Based on the last two and the timing of my possible O this month, I'm REALLY hopeful that this may be my first normal cycle after BCP.

Of course, I'm also hopeful that I won't even have one! :winkwink:

Hope they get back on track soon then....hopefully this month...or no AF at all would be brill :thumbup: I was on Implanon for a year and read nightmare stories about getting AF and fertility back...luckily got AF pretty soon after and regular cycles...just waiting for that BFP now....as are we all :wacko:

hi janie66 where abouts in surrey are you im in surrey too, ashford

Hiya,
Im Kingston upon thames here xx, we are the same age are we not, Im 44, and still hopeful in TTC, even nore hopseful now Alex is holding her little boy :) xx

What are you lot like with your softcups and mooncups, I've got one but never had the guts to use it for either situation!! Thanks so much for the giggles though, there have been many reading through your posts!:haha:

Well AF showed up yesterday in all her glory, good!! Had a crap month last month so it can only get better for me this cycle. CD2, who's got that torch?? I'm warming up, flexing the ole pelvic floor, so be ready to pass it over or else!!:thumbup:xXx

hi janie yeah i am the same age im 45 in december, i work from home designing tattoos for friends and friends of friends and am teaching myself to paint, (my avatar being my last painting), i have sent you a private message and added you as a friend xx

Hi ladies

Been looking at this thread for a couple of weeks and thought I would say hello

I am 41 years young and TTC after miscarriage 5 weeks ago. The MC was my first ever pregnancy - I had pretty much given up thinking it would happen.
Devastated by miscarriage but now AF started 2 days ago - almost 4 weeks exactly from ERPC - so ready to start trying - properly this time- none of this 'lets just see what happens nonsense!!!!'

so on CD3 now, started doing temps and just got myself onto fertilityfriend
have only one ovary, am diabetic and history of PCOS - although last few years periods have been very regular

Hope you are all in good spirits - hope there is much baby dust floating around us all!

Welcome Roothy!!! sorry to hear of your loss :cry: before you know it you'll be obsessing about mooncups...softcups....temps...CBFM....EWCM....OPK's...it's exhausting stuff but it's really nice on this thread of us ladies of a certain age....bonding and passing that BFP Torch around :hugs:

CD5...first :sex: of this cycle......going to wear OH out this time as I am on mission BFP :muaha:

hi janie yeah i am the same age im 45 in december, i work from home designing tattoos for friends and friends of friends and am teaching myself to paint, (my avatar being my last painting), i have sent you a private message and added you as a friend xx

What a cool job Ink :thumbup: painting is brill too...my OH is a bit of an artist..used to make a fair packet selling them to support his Uni years.......PS...do you like my Tattoo??? (Avatar) looks a bit angry there as only just been done. It's on my stomach at an angle kind of from hip and going down.

Also meant to say if any ladies want a 30 day VIP invite to FF I can give you one...think it has to be a different email address though in case you have already signed up for the free version. :flower:

Mornin ladies. Well I think I am 1 dpo today, ff shoud confirm tomorrow fx'ed, Was gong to get an extra bd in last night but I was soooooooo exhausted felt like I had been hit by truck so by time dp came to bed I was passed out cold. So we only got 2 bd's in at O time day before and day of I think so hopefully that was enough, Last bfp was O-3 O-1 and O+1 and my 2 chemicals were O-3 and O-1 so now I am in the dreaded tww I hope!

Janie, Kingston was my old stomping ground, used to drink at The Bishop and then up to Cinderella's. When I was back there a couple of years ago we had lumch at the Bishop but forgot to look if there was still a club upstairs!

got the smiley face tonight and prepping for an interview tomorrow, I may be absent for some time :happydance:

:dust:

Evening All and Hi to Roothy.

Blimey, we have a very hard working torch - no danger of that flame going out :winkwink: CD9 here and I had a little run with it yesterday.

Not a great week for O it has to be said as OH is really busy and unfortunately works from home - he produces bands/Artists and has just started an album with a very heavy metal act (They are bloody awful and I am so glad we moved the studio out of the house and to the end of the garden!) Trouble with muso's is they don't know when to go home - so it might be that I have to be satisfied with a CD8 and a CD11 :sex: (OH's days off) - I ovulate anywhere between CD10 - 13. so hopefully this will work. We are trying to take the stress out of it all, which is all very well but if El Smiley shows up tomorrow, well.... Gah! I'll deal with that tomorrow! :hugs:

Hi,
I am new here. My name is Susan and I have been trying for two years now. I am 47. I was told by a new friend to come here and that you ladies are wonderful. After reading the posts I have noticed that many of you are from accross the waters from me which I think is awesome. My great grandmother came here from Ireland. It is really nice to meet you all and I hope we all get our BFPs really soon.::thumbup:

Hi babyluv11/Susan

Welcome. Read alexp's post on ttc over 35 and that will give you hope. My friend conceived her last son at 47, you are not out, while you're still getting your period you can keep hoping and praying and believing for your little bundle of joy x

Welcome Susan :hugs: lovely bunch of ladies here :winkwink:

here's some baby dust to give you an extra boost!! :dust:

Hello to Ruthie and babyluv!
Ruthie, so sorry for your loss. :hugs: I lost my little Ben (Missed MC) last year so I know how you feel, as do many here x
Come and join the fun and antics!
Nise -get going with that torch or you'll have to use some of the tactics discussed a week or so ago :winkwink:
Truly - I hope you're having fun..!
Glowstar - thanks for the FF offer - I'm sticking with ordinary membership and trying to keep chilled...La la la I love the 2 week wait - at least you have hope!
Confession time - I had WINE - the devil's drink on my O date. Hope I haven't scuppered things....
:wine:
x

Hello to Ruthie and babyluv!
Ruthie, so sorry for your loss. :hugs: I lost my little Ben (Missed MC) last year so I know how you feel, as do many here x
Come and join the fun and antics!
Nise -get going with that torch or you'll have to use some of the tactics discussed a week or so ago :winkwink:
Truly - I hope you're having fun..!
Glowstar - thanks for the FF offer - I'm sticking with ordinary membership and trying to keep chilled...La la la I love the 2 week wait - at least you have hope!
Confession time - I had WINE - the devil's drink on my O date. Hope I haven't scuppered things....
:wine:
x
Its so nice to meet you ladies. This is the most comfortable place I have been to. Being 47 makes it hard to fit in. I feel great here.:happydance:

Welcome Susan :hugs: lovely bunch of ladies here :winkwink:

here's some baby dust to give you an extra boost!! :dust:

Thank you for welcoming me... I will gladly take that extra baby dust:hugs: hugs to you for that present.
I should be Ovulating in the next day or two. I usually temp and check cm and stuff but this month I have been taking more vitamins, eatting better and hoping that I get pg soon. I will send you some extra baby to.
Susan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"