TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Hello lovely ladies!

I'm new here. My name is Grace. I found this forum while scanning for new info on ttc again after having been the proud mama to 3 beautiful children. My youngest is 11 years old and my oldest is 18!

Life is grand and I've been with the love of my life for a year now. Funny how you just want to start over when that happens!:blush:

So here I am. Been trying for almost 8 months now and thought I had been successful this month, but I'm at 13 dpo and got a BFN this morning so AF will probably start tomorrow. Grrrr! Looking for new friends and some motivation to keep on chugging!

Much :dust::dust: to all!

P.S. HI SUSAN!!! I have been so wrapped up in pouring over the fun posts here that I have just signed up! LOL!

Hey Babyluv and welcome to the madhouse. Looks like we might be O buddies as I am due to O within the next day or 2 as well - am so hoping it will be 2 though! That would be great coz then I'll get a deposit of :spermy: in the bank the day before O which would make me a very happy girlie. :happydance:

I swore I was gonna relax this month, do the biz around the right time but on days when we were both more relaxed instead of trying to fit it in with our ridiculous work schedules which generally leads to arguments and frustration. So our next date was set for tomorrow but now I'm worried that we should go for tonight since bloody Fertility Friend (I swear she's no friend of mine!) decided to make my average O day CD11. Damn her, CD10 is today. :brat: Sigh.... so much for chilling.
:dust::dust::dust: to all. :hugs:

Evening ladies. Thanks for the welcome amd hello messages.
Well now on CD4 - first after ERPC. Was so pleased when Af came other day but now just want her to b*****r off and can get on with thoughts of carrying the torch and get on with the serious business of BDing!
Will give the whole cup thing a miss though methinks - sounds very sticky and messy :winkwink::winkwink:

Hello ladies.

Welcome newbies. Age is no barrier here so get stuck in. Remember to put your hand up when you want to borrow the torch!!!!

:dust: to you all.

Pip x

I swore I was gonna relax this month, do the biz around the right time but on days when we were both more relaxed instead of trying to fit it in with our ridiculous work schedules which generally leads to arguments and frustration. So our next date was set for tomorrow but now I'm worried that we should go for tonight since bloody Fertility Friend (I swear she's no friend of mine!) decided to make my average O day CD11. Damn her, CD10 is today. :brat: Sigh.... so much for chilling.
:dust::dust::dust: to all. :hugs:

Hi Nise - ha ha, she's no friend of mine either!!! I have regular 28 day cycles but last month I was really surprised when she told me I ovulated on cd10 so we gave up bd and opks on day 12, only to have her re-calculate about a week later that I had actually o'd on cd14 - ggggrrrrrr, missed it! I guess I only have myself to blame in reality as I was trying to stay more relaxed about temping and was just taking it when I woke up instead of setting my alarm - whatever, actually caused me more stress!!!! This month I'm still temping but have also taken delivery of my CBFM so I do feel a bit more relaxed that it will take the guess work out of things. I also find it so much easier to use FMU than do that whole don't drink/don't pee thing for 4 hours in the middle of the day!

Hi ladies

Been looking at this thread for a couple of weeks and thought I would say hello

I am 41 years young and TTC after miscarriage 5 weeks ago. The MC was my first ever pregnancy - I had pretty much given up thinking it would happen.
Devastated by miscarriage but now AF started 2 days ago - almost 4 weeks exactly from ERPC - so ready to start trying - properly this time- none of this 'lets just see what happens nonsense!!!!'

so on CD3 now, started doing temps and just got myself onto fertilityfriend
have only one ovary, am diabetic and history of PCOS - although last few years periods have been very regular

Hope you are all in good spirits - hope there is much baby dust floating around us all!

Hi,
I am new here. My name is Susan and I have been trying for two years now. I am 47. I was told by a new friend to come here and that you ladies are wonderful. After reading the posts I have noticed that many of you are from accross the waters from me which I think is awesome. My great grandmother came here from Ireland. It is really nice to meet you all and I hope we all get our BFPs really soon.::thumbup:

Hello lovely ladies!

I'm new here. My name is Grace. I found this forum while scanning for new info on ttc again after having been the proud mama to 3 beautiful children. My youngest is 11 years old and my oldest is 18!

Life is grand and I've been with the love of my life for a year now. Funny how you just want to start over when that happens!:blush:

So here I am. Been trying for almost 8 months now and thought I had been successful this month, but I'm at 13 dpo and got a BFN this morning so AF will probably start tomorrow. Grrrr! Looking for new friends and some motivation to keep on chugging!

Much :dust::dust: to all!

P.S. HI SUSAN!!! I have been so wrapped up in pouring over the fun posts here that I have just signed up! LOL!

:flower: hi and welcome and good luck :dust:

according to my chart and the vip guide on FF I HAVEN'T ovulated wtf!! All other signs say I geared up well for it, lots of ewcm when it hit, really strong positive opk's hso cp etc etc, but becaise I donlt have an obvious temp shift up and sustained shift they say I havenlt O'd.

what do you think, have I effed up this cycle? Looks like it was cd13 to me so sotmoors temp if around the same should confirm - yay or nay?

Hi new ladies everyone here rocks!! Just watch out for them setting snatches on fire!!

Hi Grace :flower: I am same situation as you....trying for number 3 with new...much younger :blush: OH :thumbup:

Right ladies...time to set my snatch on fire so hand over that torch 'cos CD8 and got a high on the CBFM :happydance: so far we have BD'd on CD5 & CD7.

What's happening with your CBFM Spoomie??

MissC...I def think OV CD13 too :winkwink:

Well ladies, I am in limbo land. I have not miscarried or anything. I had light spotting and slight blood all day yesterday. I feel that I am not pregnant because my boobies have flatten and I'm at a loss as to what to do . Hopefully my referral to the OB will go through so I can get rid of this cyst and get on the TCC again. We are giving up in June...

Have they offered you a scan to confirm m/c and/or check your uterus is empty? Can they check hcg levels? It's not good enough to leave you in limbo.

Pip x

Hello Everyone,
I'm new to the thread. I just turned 43. I have a 5 year old and 2 year old and we are trying to concieve our last one. I got pregnant last July after trying for almost 8 mos. then I lost the baby even after seeing a healthy heartbeat. I lost the baby in September and we been trying ever since and have had no luck.. I try Soy and Instead cup this month and hoping for the best.. Best of luck to everyone Garnet...:flower:

:hugs: sorry for your loss. It is nice to have you here. I am new to and these ladies here are the sweetest so you will love it here.
Susan:happydance:

Right ladies...time to set my snatch on fire so hand over that torch 'cos CD8 and got a high on the CBFM :happydance: so far we have BD'd on CD5 & CD7.

yeah, your snatch is on fire!!! :rofl:

I'm done with it now, peak on Monday night so maybe a sneaky one more tomorrow then time for a rest. It's so bloomin tiring these days.

welcome to all the new ladies :wave: x

Ha ha truly_blessed - it IS so dam tiring these days! Was wondering if it was easier in my twenties and thirties, I'm sure it must've been, but then I can't really remember :) Ironic how I spent most, if not all my twenties and thirties trying so hard to avoid getting pregnant!!! I take comfort in telling myself I'd have made a rubbish Mummy then, whereas now I LOVE my job :)

Hi Garnet - what a bummer. I agree with Pip - they shouldn't just leave you with no answers. Lots of hugs x

Evening Ladies. Well CD11 started with a bang! :rofl::rofl::rofl: (literally) at half past bloody six :saywhat: I had to bite my tongue and not have a go at OH because it was an hour before temp taking time :brat: He meant well and let's face it the :spermy: are far more use than a temp.

Garnet - I'm with Pip. You absolutely should not be left to just deal with this on your own - I'm very cross now. I don't want to raise hopes unnecessarily, but one of my buddies on here has sadly suffered 5 mc's and is currently pg with no. 6. She lost all her symptoms early on and was convinced she was gonna mc again - she had a scan but it was to early to see much and she had an agonising wait but at 7 weeks had another scan and there was a nice little heart beat - She's 11 weeks now and we're hoping for more good news next Wed. Oh and all her symptoms came back. So is there a small spark of hope we should be gently fanning? I would give your GP a call and get seen asap.

:hi: Graceface and welcome to the madhouse. I hope your ttc journey will be short and sweet.

Spoomie - FF is a bitch! I'm sure she's the witches cousin. One of my ttc buddies on here (she's become a friend in real life to which is nice) is happily 24 wks pg now after a long old journey and she has just offered me her CBFM so I'll be tooled up too for next cycle. (Hoping the law of Sod is gonna come into play though) :happydance:

Miss_C Had a gander at your chart, I see you've now got xhairs, but I would try and get another deposit in just to be sure. I know you got a positive opk, but these only measure the LH surge and sometimes you can have a surge and the body tries to O but doesn't quite make it and has another go a few days later. I hope this isn't the case for you though. :hugs:

Glowstar :rofl::rofl::rofl: :serenade: "This snatch is on fire...." Keep up the good work - I think you could be our gold medalist!

Truly_blessed - Agreed, it is tiring especially when you haven't even had a chance to wake up properly in the beginning. :winkwink:

Have they offered you a scan to confirm m/c and/or check your uterus is empty? Can they check hcg levels? It's not good enough to leave you in limbo.

Pip x

I was waiting for a referral but apparently I have to go to the nearest miltary facility. I called for an OB appointment today and they told me I have to go to a Fricken Nurses Orientation before I can get a OB appointment so now I have to go to their emergency room just to see what is going on Friday and sitting in the Emergency room to be seen sooner. At least that suppose to give me answers. I think that if I loss the baby I am not going to be in the mood to sit in a orientation room with bunch of pregnant ladies...

Don't think I'll be able to listen to Kings of Leon without thinking of you lot now :rofl::rofl::rofl: well...that and my rather 'HOT' snatch :winkwink:

Nise, you will like the CBFM...another tool of the TTC trade :thumbup: though to be honest I think it's more like a glorified OPK thingy-ma-bob :wacko: but hey...if it gives an extra few days warning of OV then it's got to be worth it.

In the tradition of the TTC Over 40 club....I am holding the Torch with a death grip....'cos I haven't finished yet :haha::haha: another BD CD8 :happydance:

https://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOO7mTut_FBoWMDcf-GRS2nz3aNu9dncgZr3dFP9PRJ2w3oF4lUg&t=1

OMG--I haven't been on here in a while because I had to have shoulder surgery and what with the pain pills and the rehab, well, sex was NOT on my menu. And I am so glad I checked in today to read about the flaming torches and the stuffed chicken and the spermies sitting in the cup smoking fags. You girls ROCK.

I know that this is the place for me. What with all of this laughter, I will be up the duff in no time. :)

Welcome back :hugs: We refuse to let the flame go out on the TTC Torch until we ALL have our BFP :kiss:

Glowstar - when you said death grip why did I suddenly get jealous of your pelvic floor muscles!!!!!

:dust: ladies!

Pip x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"