TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

I got up waaaaaay too early this morning and spent time playing with my charts after I had quite a high jump this morning and I found that all my charts bar one have me at almost the exact same temp at 5dpo following a dip at 4dpo and when compared with last cyle back in November my dots are on top of each other for today - how weird is that - our bodies are amazing aren't they! Now I need a dip tomorrow and then a massive jump on Sunday and things will look really hopeful!!

Damn charts - it's an obsession!!

I posted in the other thread for Garnet but will do again!! :happydance: this kid is gunna be one hell of a handful!!

:wohoo:YIPPEEEEE!!!! Garnet, go girl! Fantastic news, made my day.

Love the tiger-thingey... seriously thought it was just bouncing boobs, but very appropriate for us lot, I reckon.
x

:wohoo: This is Grrrrrrrreat news. Me thinks it calls for Holly to do a bit of bouncing :holly: Does anyone else think Holly looks more like an enormous pair of bouncing boobs than a tiger :rofl:

no way is that a tiger, why on earth is it bouncing up and down???? defo a mahoosive pair of (.)(.) :rofl:

All we need is a bit of wee trickling down it's leg and that's me on a trampoline :haha::haha:

Well ladies - can start TTC properly - that torch will be mine shortly!
5 weeks today since ERPC and have just finsihed a period.
Started charting temperatures - and they are all over the place - from Cd1 to today CD7 the chart is like a huge V - dont know what that is about.
Bought some cheap OPKs to play with
When I charted before I ovulated usually day 16 - dont know of course what things will be like now

When would any of you start doing OPKs?? - or would you just accept this cycle is a voyage of discovery?

roothy I am in my first cycle after a miscarriage and I also took soy cd4-8, I ovulated as per normal, bang on time but the only diff was I have a vert very strong positive opk which I have never seen before, all the positives I though I had in the past paled in comparison!! I also noticed that my pre o temps were higher and post O were lower although they have risen again now, I think this is due to increased progesterone in our systems. progesterone is a heat inducing hormone.

good luck and watch that torch don't set your snatch on fire!!

Well ladies - can start TTC properly - that torch will be mine shortly!
5 weeks today since ERPC and have just finsihed a period.
Started charting temperatures - and they are all over the place - from Cd1 to today CD7 the chart is like a huge V - dont know what that is about.
Bought some cheap OPKs to play with
When I charted before I ovulated usually day 16 - don't know of course what things will be like now

When would any of you start doing OPKs?? - or would you just accept this cycle is a voyage of discovery?

are you sure it was AF roothy? I think it's something like 20 days without any bleeding before you can be sure it is defo next AF (can't remember the exact number of days but sure it was round about 20). I was bleeding on and off for 7 weeks folling ERPC and finally got AF about 11-12 weeks after. I thought I'd got AF a couple of times but only stopped bleeding for about 5 days on the run in the first 7 weeks.

It does take a while for things to get back to normal, I'd just go with it and if you get BFP this cycle it's a bonus. Sometimes things happen when you least expect them. :hugs:

All I can do is laugh....the over 40's turned into a comedy show, and a funny one at that!!
Haven't been on all week, so had a lot of reading and laughing to catch up on and here's all I remember now-
Garnet - YEAH!!!!!!
WElcome to 2 or 3 or 4 newbies....
Nise - thought the emoticon was a lady with big boobsters to show how we feel a) during PMS or b) when pg!

about me, as I expected my super sore boobsters were only a joke as hardly got any swimmers last month, it was strange how sore they were though!! Today, AF has started singing a bit which is bang on so that's an improvement over the last two months. Excited cuz I bought me a new cup (for AF ladies, not spermies! lol) from Germany and am givin it a run (had to think of something to be positive about with af!). elsewise, am going NTNP this month as have no energy to keep someone awake and am stressed about money...

anyone else on or almost on cd 1???

Miss c - I will be very careful with that torch- although may do less damage than that smilie with the enormous boobs jumping up and down !!!!

Truly blessed - I have read about the 20 day thing as well. But after my ERPC I am bled Then have gone just over 20 dys when started bleeding. I think it is AF - I am diabetic and tend to get high sugar symptoms ( lots of peeing / thirsty - sorry back to pee threads again ) just before my period - which I got.
Anyway- we will see what happens. Have a follow up appointment with gynae consultant next week so may discuss with him about having some bloods done to look at ovulation etc

Lots of baby dust to you all ladies

:wohoo: This is Grrrrrrrreat news. Me thinks it calls for Holly to do a bit of bouncing :holly: Does anyone else think Holly looks more like an enormous pair of bouncing boobs than a tiger :rofl:

no way is that a tiger, why on earth is it bouncing up and down???? defo a mahoosive pair of (.)(.) :rofl:

With eyes and a red nose!!! Ahhh, comic relief boobs! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Miss c - I will be very careful with that torch- although may do less damage than that smilie with the enormous boobs jumping up and down !!!!

Truly blessed - I have read about the 20 day thing as well. But after my ERPC I am bled Then have gone just over 20 dys when started bleeding. I think it is AF - I am diabetic and tend to get high sugar symptoms ( lots of peeing / thirsty - sorry back to pee threads again ) just before my period - which I got.
Anyway- we will see what happens. Have a follow up appointment with gynae consultant next week so may discuss with him about having some bloods done to look at ovulation etc

Lots of baby dust to you all ladies

Good luck with the gynae next week. I think it is a good idea to get bloods done, give you a little insight to where you currently stand. Are you gonna go for the whole lot? I get the nurse at my doctors surgery to put me in for bloods periodically - I am determined to get something out of the NHS. I've paid into the damned thing all these years. :growlmad:

@Glowstar... TMI ALERT but had to ask... cause I am now going through it too and it annoys the CRAP out of me... do you also pee a little when you sneeze or cough? I mean I had before from time to time (as yes it is embarrassing to admit) but seems like now it is almost a given...MAN I hate it

Nise - I will see what he says but yes I will get done whatever tests he suggests. My Gp previously had suggested checking som Day 21 progesterones to check ovulation ( when we started trying a coupl eof years ago) so my own surgery would be happy to do any other tests or regular tests.
Before the m/c we were not properly trying - just NTNP really. Did a bit of fertility charting but I was very half hearted about it.
Now having been pregnant - for first ever time - I feel if we are going to try - we have to try in a bit more organised fashion! - so now I am atking temps, checking mucus, bought the OPKs etc. Will let you knwo how the gynae thing goes

Stress incontineance (peeing when coughing/sneezing) could be a weak pelvic floor.
Get them clenches going ;)
I have read that being overwight can also weaken the pelvic floor, plus loads of kids etc.
But exercises do improve it, I found it helped me get better and it improves sex too :) but takes a good few months to notice a difference.
There is plenty on the web about how to identify your pelvic floor and how to do the exercises or even get things to exercise it for you.

Well I've been following the thread for a few days but was unsure if I should join as I'm NTNP but I am learning so much by following this thread.

I must admit I did wonder why a woman with bouncing boobs appeared in this thread but thank you for clarifying it is a tiger although I'm doubtful :)

Pelvic floor exercises do help the "cough pee, sneeze pee" cycle. I've started doing the exercises about 4 months ago and really notice a difference as does DH if that's not TMI :)

Hope no-one mind me joining the thread?

Right, have done my bonking for England, I'm handing the torch over, this cervix is now closed for business for at least a week. I'm exhausted! Check out that chart! :winkwink:

Hi to all the new ladies, and MacWooly, of course you should join in, this is the place to be whether your ttc, ntnp or even have a bfp and wanna hang out through 1st tri. All are welcome and it's lovely to see this thread getting bigger and bigger Hope you're all having a lovely weekends. :hugs:

Hello to McWooley and Greens - welcome to the madhouse!
Nise - ha ha! This cervix is closed - I like it!
I'm away from OH at the moment, in Paris, waiting to see if my temps will stay nice and high for the next few days...Who else HATES that feeling towards the end of the cycle when you wake up and have to take your temperature? And that awful plummet of the thermometer when the old cow AF is going to get you? My heart pounds in the mornings sometimes, I find it so stressful! Think I might ditch temping next month and just chill out.
Anyway, night night and welcome to British summer time! x

Hello to McWooley and Greens - welcome to the madhouse!
Nise - ha ha! This cervix is closed - I like it!
I'm away from OH at the moment, in Paris, waiting to see if my temps will stay nice and high for the next few days...Who else HATES that feeling towards the end of the cycle when you wake up and have to take your temperature? And that awful plummet of the thermometer when the old cow AF is going to get you? My heart pounds in the mornings sometimes, I find it so stressful! Think I might ditch temping next month and just chill out.
Anyway, night night and welcome to British summer time! x

Yep - I completely understand where you're coming from, I hate the last week wait. Ooo Paris, how lovely but what a shame your OH isn't there too. Are you working? :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->