TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Thanks for the lovely welcome ladies. I feel like a granny in 1st tri lol. I am trying to keep positive but have a long way to go. Lost my first at 7 weeks so that will be a milestone for me (fingers crossed)

hi all, im 39, married and have 4 kids, 2 boys & 2 girls, we are ttc again, as i have always known i wanted another child ... im just looking for positives really i think, that at this age u can still get PG .... xxxx

hi loopylou, welcome:flower:i got pg at 39 then again at 41 had healthy babies with both pregnancies they were my 5th and 6th ,i have read that older mums with multiple pregnancies are more likely to have good egg reserves not sure if its true coz i googled it n we all know what googles like , however i have been trying again since december altho was still breastfeeding just, so wasnt really trying too hard then ,got bfn jan,feb, and did a test wednesday day after af was due and got :bfp: it will be my 7th ,i am hoping it sticks as i have had af twice before at 35 days normal cyle is 28 but i have never tested this early before, so hope that gives u some positivity good luck :dust:

Hi LoopyLou1971

Welcome. Miss C and I are 2 peas in a pod, I too had my gorgeous son at 40, I too had a 12 wk m/c last November, I am a few steps ahead of her as I just tuned 43 last week and am still keeping the faith (most days!) that there IS still time :) Reb S is right, you haven't even hit 40 yet and have a good track record behind you if you've already got 4 children, you have years left and should feel very positive about your chances!!!

hi spoomie, i turned 43 in december keep up the pma:dust:

awww, thanx all, someone did say that with 4 children already i was still in with a good chance,lol, i really would like 1 more :) thankyou for being so welcoming, and good luck to u all xxxxx

definately a good chance x

I have just drifted in from 1st tri so pardon the intrusion but was looking for some older mummies/ttc ladies! I am 41 and have just found out I am pregnant again with my first after a m/c at 39 and I was told I had a 1% chance of conceiving naturally, so yes, it can be done. Its a massive curveball for me and I have to admit I am still trying to take it in! Baby dust to everyone xx

Congratulations :hugs::hugs: H&H 9 months and you are MOST WELCOME to join us older ladies :hugs:

Already been to bed on my CD12 peak :happydance: using conceive+ and bum in the air...bring on that BFP :thumbup:

congrats amitootold i too conceived naturally except started taking folic acid this last cycle ,i think u should change your name too :dust:
glow go for it girl gl :dust:

maryanne67 that is great news!

actually I have been taking pre-natal vitamins for almost 2 months now so I wonder if that helps too.. waiting to find out. Have several possible symptoms but the big one I had with my daughter (almost 21 years ago LOL) was fatigue... I can't say I have that much now so I wonder...but then again back then I had no clue I was pregnant so I was not taking no vitamins.

Hope soon I can also post my:bfp: for all to see :winkwink:

:dust: for everyone!

hi llbean, this is the first time i have taken pre vits before any of my pregnancies ,i took it after i got bfp with my 4th but had a bleed at 3 months scared me silly so stpped n said i wouldnt take them again, but my youngest is 8 months so thought i`d give my body back some nourishment ,i`m waiting to get past tuesday is my cd 35 before i stop worrying as much i see you have a 20 yr old my oldest is 23 good luck and :dust:

Congrats to all the new bfps!

You will find that many of us are still popping in on these threads. Many of the other expecting ladies just don't have the same level of .... let's be nice and leave it at concerns. :)

morning lovely young ladies happy monday

8dpo and a temp rise again up to 37c now - I still not holding out much hope, just don't feel this is our month but will wait and see. First try after losing ziggy would jst be too miraculous I think for the run of luck I have had in the last little while

morning lovely young ladies happy monday

8dpo and a temp rise again up to 37c now - I still not holding out much hope, just don't feel this is our month but will wait and see. First try after losing ziggy would jst be too miraculous I think for the run of luck I have had in the last little while

mine went up after O but did not do a second jump...would be nice...as I hear that is a good sign ;-)

Keep us posted! When are you testing?

will wait and see what temps do before I think about testing, I thought about doing it Friday April 1st, I know it is April fools day but it is a significant date in my calendar, it is the 6 year anniversary of when my best friend died and also the day we were due to get our morphology scan done for ziggy and would be awesome if we can add a positive to that day for the future as well but a negative would make it an even worse day. Such a tough call to make, will just wait and see how I am feeling, I normally get some brown tinged cm before the witch arrives and she is due Sunday so maybe if still nice and white cm and no pains I will tale a punt. Just a waiting game now.

Had a squizz at your chart LLBean any idea why you ave dotted cross hairs?

will wait and see what temps do before I think about testing, I thought about doing it Friday April 1st, I know it is April fools day but it is a significant date in my calendar, it is the 6 year anniversary of when my best friend died and also the day we were due to get our morphology scan done for ziggy and would be awesome if we can add a positive to that day for the future as well but a negative would make it an even worse day. Such a tough call to make, will just wait and see how I am feeling, I normally get some brown tinged cm before the witch arrives and she is due Sunday so maybe if still nice and white cm and no pains I will tale a punt. Just a waiting game now.

Had a squizz at your chart LLBean any idea why you ave dotted cross hairs?

what are dotted crossed hairs?

ok I looked online and found this "dotted CHs means that there is a confliction with 1 or more of my signs" so it must have been I missed wrote my CM or something...frankly I can tell the difference between creamy and sticky LOL

Has anyone ever been ttc, and been SOOOOO convinced AF was due, an then been shocked/surprised to get a BFP ???? xxxxxx

Has anyone ever been ttc, and been SOOOOO convinced AF was due, an then been shocked/surprised to get a BFP ???? xxxxxx

Me. In January, I was pretty sure I was pregnant then AF came. Then in February, we tried the Instead Cups and I felt like AF was coming and nothing.. I was pregnant the first month after trying those Instead cups. I had been trying for 9 mos before MC in September and then it would be almost 6 mos in February...

you chart has red dotted lines to show your possible O day, if FF is certain of O day they are a solid line, have a look at mine.

ok after further research I believe the dotted cross hairs is because I did not chart my temps during my period so maybe that?

"The dotted lines on your chart for the coverline and ovulation detection mean that there is something about your data that puts your ovulation date in question. Usually this is because one or more of your non-temperature fertility signs do not confirm the ovulation date that your temperature would suggest. This may not mean anything significant for you, especially if your thermal shift is clear. Sometimes your fertility signs just do not all match up to show a perfectly correlated picture. In most cases, the detection is still quite reliable, but it means that you have to keep looking at your chart and your fertility signs and have intercourse if you see any signs of increased fertility.

When the lines are dotted and the thermal shift is not clear or dramatic, it is especially important to keep having intercourse since it is possible that you are still waiting for ovulation. If a more likely ovulation date becomes apparent later, the software will usually adjust the detection automatically."

I have no clue what it may be missing

I had anohter look and your cervical mucus is the killer, after O it should go to dry or creamy or sticky as watery and ewcm is fertile so you are showing as being fertile which if you have o'd then you are obviously not. If you took out the cervical mucus and left it to opk and temps it would be solid guaranteed.

LOL!!

woo hoo for O makes it much better to look at that chart hey!!

But remember a chart can't make you pregnant :dohh:, really gotta watch those signs and make sure you really are recording your cm properly, remember hubby's left overs can look like watery or ewcm etc too

LOL!!

woo hoo for O makes it much better to look at that chart hey!!

But remember a chart can't make you pregnant :dohh:, really gotta watch those signs and make sure you really are recording your cm properly, remember hubby's left overs can look like watery or ewcm etc too

this is true... I was putting watery cause I kind of felt wet but nothing was felt there...tonight after further research I found out it has been creamy! I never knew what the creamy was! sounds silly but true LOL...maybe it was dry and now it is creamy? is that possible?

And I know a chart can't make me pregnant BUT does being bloated up like a huge balloon for 3 days in a row count as a potential symptom? cause Good grief! HAHAHAHA

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->