TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

the thing that sucks big time is progesterone the hormone released after O causes the symptoms, bloating, sore boobs, fatigue, emotional and higher temps etc, basically so if you get pregnant your body is ready cos progesterone swells all the vessels so they are ready for the massive increase in blood flow, you get an extra couple of litres of blood in your system hence why early pregnancy you pee so much as you make more blood, later in pregnancy you pee so much cos bubba uses bladder as a trampoline!!

I reckon if we could have a word with mother nature the first thing I would ask her is when women get pregnant can you make them hear little tinlking bells and see the world like a fresh spring morning rather than confusing it with a period!!!

oh yeah, been peeing quite a lot too...LOL I swear, this all better be for a good reason...AF is not due till the 4th so lets see what happens. My bloat is so much that it kind of makes me not breathe right...very uncomfortable.

Hi Everyone!

You all sound like you're doin' okay, welcome to those that have joined the madhouse:wave:, congrats to the BFPers:happydance:, :bunny:to all those with the torch and :sleep:to those having a well deserved rest!

I'm confused!! I'm CD9 and I've got clear, stretchy EWCM, according to my OPK chart I shouldn't start testing 'til Thursday, guess Santa's come early??!! Glowstar, did you say that you'd Ov'd earlier than expected last month? Has it happened again this cycle for you?? Guess we'd best get to it tonight!!!! :sex:

Big hugs :hugs: and dust for you all :dust:

Me: 40years
dh: 45years
trying to conceive 2 years
recent 1st ivf ended in missed miscarraige at 8 wks totally unexpected have d and c this week.
We are devestated.looking for success stories after ivf miscarraige please

Evening All. Well sounds like everyone is in good spirits, hopefully all enjoying the beautiful spring sunshine. :happydance:

Glowstar - :yipee: for the peak here's a little of the magic stuff to help things along. :dust::dust::dust:

LLbean - According to my pregnant in your 40's book it's not uncommon for the more mature lady to have less symptoms - apparently it's one of the perks! :dance:

Miss_C - You're charts looking nice, keeping it all crossed for you :flower:

Jax41 - My EWCM usually kicks in around CD8 - 9. I do have a tendency to O a little earlier than I'd like on average CD11 - but not this month managed to get to CD13 :happydance: Hopefully this is just the beginning of your fertile phase, time for you to carry that big old torch.

Lucky11 - Welcome, lovely and I'm so sorry to hear about your MC and wish you much strength in coming to terms with it. Are you able to do another round of IVF?

Well, it's quite apt really that Easter is almost upon us what with the great egg hunt going on in here. Shame there's no bloody chocolate at the end of it :rofl:

LLbean - According to my pregnant in your 40's book it's not uncommon for the more mature lady to have less symptoms - apparently it's one of the perks! :dance:

well that's good news except the insane bloating, I don't recall that with my daughter 20+ years ago...but then again it was 20+ years ago so I don't remember much LOL

Well, it's quite apt really that Easter is almost upon us what with the great egg hunt going on in here. Shame there's no bloody chocolate at the end of it :rofl:

If I promise to eat chocolate after confirming a BFP...would that help? :winkwink: I'm not a chocolate lover so it would be a compromise for a good cause! :haha:

Yeah that would help LLbean. I think I'm going to get a packet of those little mini chocolate eggs and keep em by my bed - That way I'd be guaranteed to always catch an egg, not to mention a little energy boost! And if I'm not lucky enough to get an orgasam - well, problem solved! :winkwink::rofl: ttc top tips by Nise.

Yeah that would help LLbean. I think I'm going to get a packet of those little mini chocolate eggs and keep em by my bed - That way I'd be guaranteed to always catch an egg, not to mention a little energy boost! And if I'm not lucky enough to get an orgasam - well, problem solved! :winkwink::rofl: ttc top tips by Nise.

:rofl:

Ok I tell you what... I will start the Chocolate dosage right now to see if it works!:haha:

:haha::haha::haha:

Hope everyone is doing well....CD13 and another peak...no temp rise today though, strangely FF has a circle not filled in...think it must be because of the clocks going forward as took it as normal. My cervix doesn't feel as fertile today either so reckon I might have Ov'd through the night. If we DTD again tonight we get a HIGH score on FF :thumbup::haha:

Jax...I reckon I O'd on CD6 last time but FF reckons CD12...one thing that's always constant with me is my LP no matter when I Ov so I went with CD6. That was after two cycles of coming off Soy so think that messed with my cycle. The cycle before that I did Ov on CD10 and had a 24 day cycle so if I were you I would BD like mad :winkwink: as I got +OPK and Ov'd all on the same day so we really missed the timing!!

Nise how are you??? might go and have a peak at your chart :winkwink:

Welcome Lucky, sorry to hear of your loss :hugs: I am sure you will find plenty of info on IVF on this forum and we are here as support for you :flower:

I am ready to let the torch go after tonight...Jax....it's your turn :sex::sex:

Has anyone ever been ttc, and been SOOOOO convinced AF was due, an then been shocked/surprised to get a BFP ???? xxxxxx

oh yes, happened to me last cycle, cramps and everything and got BFP but it was a chemical and AF came at 4wk 3 days but I was pregnant for a whole 5 days or so

Has anyone ever been ttc, and been SOOOOO convinced AF was due, an then been shocked/surprised to get a BFP ???? xxxxxx

happened to me too ,had cramping like mad and loads of wind TMI but no spots which made me wonder then didnt get af so tested day after due and got :bfp: but still going to check again tomorrow which will be cd35 if :witch: doesnt show, but as they say your not out till the :witch: shows

GOOD LUCK EVERY1 :dust:

According to my pregnant in your 40's book it's not uncommon for the more mature lady to have less symptoms - apparently it's one of the perks! :dance:

Does that mean that since I've got the lot - bloat, nausea, excessive peeing, pelvic floor around my ankles, and sore boobies - that my body THINKS it's still in its 30?!!!!!! :wohoo: I wish!!!!

:dust: to the ladies who need it and tena ladies to the rest of us!!!!

Pip x

According to my pregnant in your 40's book it's not uncommon for the more mature lady to have less symptoms - apparently it's one of the perks! :dance:

Does that mean that since I've got the lot - bloat, nausea, excessive peeing, pelvic floor around my ankles, and sore boobies - that my body THINKS it's still in its 30?!!!!!! :wohoo: I wish!!!!

:dust: to the ladies who need it and tena ladies to the rest of us!!!!

Pip x

Absolutely must do, without a doubt. My doctor told me that my problem was I was to young for my age :rofl: You must be too :thumbup:

Hey Glowstar - yeah, I'm good thanks. 3dpo today so officially in the 2ww. I'm gonna be very busy with long old days at work for the next 2 weeks, which I am embracing since I won't have much time for obsessing on every twinge. Right off to bedforedshire got a very early start tomorrow. :sleep:

Best go find myself another group then. I'm far too young for this one!!!! :rofl:

Pip x

hey now, we are only as old as we feel...I'm in my 20s ;-)

pip7890 what were your pre-BFP symptoms? if any...

Strangely enough LLBean I didn't have any. The previous month I'd had sore boobs, peeing a lot, etc etc and was convinced I was pregnant. I remember saying that to someone on here, ie not having any symptoms as such this month so probably not pregnant, and she said that was a good sign. Blooming well made up for it since!!! I tested early (9DPO) because I knew from my charts I'd had a really good chance of catching the egg that month and bingo, I had.

In the 2 weeks since the :bfp: i've had nausea, sore boobs, extreme fatigue (can't believe how much I'm sleeping yet don't feel refreshed), wind, constipation, dizziness, tearfulness, incredible bloat (up 2 dress sizes) and today started with retching!!! I'm no longer a lady but at least my underwear still matches!!

Pip x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->