TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Will one of you ladies tell my ass that I feel 18, cause she doesn't believe it...:haha:

Strangely enough LLBean I didn't have any. The previous month I'd had sore boobs, peeing a lot, etc etc and was convinced I was pregnant. I remember saying that to someone on here, ie not having any symptoms as such this month so probably not pregnant, and she said that was a good sign. Blooming well made up for it since!!! I tested early (9DPO) because I knew from my charts I'd had a really good chance of catching the egg that month and bingo, I had.

In the 2 weeks since the :bfp: i've had nausea, sore boobs, extreme fatigue (can't believe how much I'm sleeping yet don't feel refreshed), wind, constipation, dizziness, tearfulness, incredible bloat (up 2 dress sizes) and today started with retching!!! I'm no longer a lady but at least my underwear still matches!!

Pip x

hmmm well I have just about all you describe...fatigue not as much but it did hit me a tiny bit today...actually this afternoon!

The bloating is out of this world though... I almost did not eat all day and managed but now I had dinner, not much dinner but still I already feel like food is coming up as if I had stuffed myself... also some heartburn.

I don't want to get too excited but we did the BD on CD5, cd7,cd8, cd9, cd10, cd11, cd12... according to charts and OPK my ovulation was on CD12... so honestly I gave it my all LOL

I hope and pray we get a BFP this time around.

Strangely enough LLBean I didn't have any. The previous month I'd had sore boobs, peeing a lot, etc etc and was convinced I was pregnant. I remember saying that to someone on here, ie not having any symptoms as such this month so probably not pregnant, and she said that was a good sign. Blooming well made up for it since!!! I tested early (9DPO) because I knew from my charts I'd had a really good chance of catching the egg that month and bingo, I had.

In the 2 weeks since the :bfp: i've had nausea, sore boobs, extreme fatigue (can't believe how much I'm sleeping yet don't feel refreshed), wind, constipation, dizziness, tearfulness, incredible bloat (up 2 dress sizes) and today started with retching!!! I'm no longer a lady but at least my underwear still matches!!

Pip x

hmmm well I have just about all you describe...fatigue not as much but it did hit me a tiny bit today...actually this afternoon!

The bloating is out of this world though... I almost did not eat all day and managed but now I had dinner, not much dinner but still I already feel like food is coming up as if I had stuffed myself... also some heartburn.

I don't want to get too excited but we did the BD on CD5, cd7,cd8, cd9, cd10, cd11, cd12... according to charts and OPK my ovulation was on CD12... so honestly I gave it my all LOL

I hope and pray we get a BFP this time around.

Sounds promising, Elizabeth! I'll be happy to see another BFP around here! :hugs:

I hope so Grace...and by the way tell your arse I said YOU ARE 18!:winkwink:

My arse is heading towards size 18. Does that count?!!!

Night all.

Pip x

I did, and then I had to tell her not to talk back cause she was mumbling about all the "lift" and "tucking" she was going to have to do! LOL!

Seriously, it's time to get back to working on myself. I bought a pair of Shape-Ups to do some brisk walking in. These things are hard core, I tell you! They even came with a DVD! LOL!

I did, and then I had to tell her not to talk back cause she was mumbling about all the "lift" and "tucking" she was going to have to do! LOL!

Seriously, it's time to get back to working on myself. I bought a pair of Shape-Ups to do some brisk walking in. These things are hard core, I tell you! They even came with a DVD! LOL!

well I am a personal trainer so I can tell you what to do to lift and tuck that "arse" get a BOSU!

NITE NITE PIP!

well I am a personal trainer so I can tell you what to do to lift and tuck that "arse" get a BOSU!

NITE NITE PIP!

Nighty Night Pip!

And Elizabeth...DO tell! LOL! I live in the middle of no where and all we have here is a CURVES. Yuck! Luckily, my neighborhood is walker friendly so that is where I was going to start. I swear, I think I may just have to quit working so that I can get into shape and get pregnant! This IS a full time job! Did I mention before that all this TTC is making me heavier?

Ladies, consider yourselves 'womanly' and 'good child bearing stock' and don't stress about a few extra pounds!

Conversely I have been trying my best to put weight ON (don't hate me:) ) after a particularly insensitive obstetrician told me last year that, despite my regular 28 day ovulatory cycles I was 'a bit thin'??? When I told her I was naturally thin, had a balanced and varied diet and ate till I was full her response was 'They all say that." How patronising!!! And who would THEY be? Obviously all the other compulsive liar anorexic trying-to-be-pregnant over 40s she sees who are paying her too much money to impart her wisdom, while at the same time doing their best to scupper their own chances! Anyway, her words have stayed with me (thanks) and after my m/c (achieved pregnancy without any assistance from her!) I added cr*p to my previously balanced diet and gave up running to gain some weight. I had been a serious distance runner but stopped when I discovered I was pregnant. Just lately though the clouds are starting to lift after my m/c and I now find myself craving to get back to eating properly and running again so have decided to go with what feels right for my body and not with her comments.

Sorry that I have vented my spleen here - I didn't mean to - just started out wanting to say, be happy with your bum, whatever size it is if it feels like that's 'you' :) x

Goodnight ladies, I should be asleep but can't seem to get off here!

Nighty Night Pip!

And Elizabeth...DO tell! LOL! I live in the middle of no where and all we have here is a CURVES. Yuck! Luckily, my neighborhood is walker friendly so that is where I was going to start. I swear, I think I may just have to quit working so that I can get into shape and get pregnant! This IS a full time job! Did I mention before that all this TTC is making me heavier?

yeah I believe you cause it did it to me too!

a bosu ball you use at home so it is to supplement your cardio but mostly to work on that area you mentioned.

here is the basic idea, but I would not allow you to go down to the floor completely and relax... I would go slowly and repeat 30 times per... so when you go to the floor, just before you touch your back down you go back up... also when you get comfortable doing the bridge that way flip the BOSU over (ball side down) and do them that way

https://www.coreabworkouts.com/bosu-ball-core-exercises-bosu-ball-core-exercises-bridge/

Ladies, consider yourselves 'womanly' and 'good child bearing stock' and don't stress about a few extra pounds!

Conversely I have been trying my best to put weight ON (don't hate me:) ) after a particularly insensitive obstetrician told me last year that, despite my regular 28 day ovulatory cycles I was 'a bit thin'??? When I told her I was naturally thin, had a balanced and varied diet and ate till I was full her response was 'They all say that." How patronising!!! And who would THEY be? Obviously all the other compulsive liar anorexic trying-to-be-pregnant over 40s she sees who are paying her too much money to impart her wisdom, while at the same time doing their best to scupper their own chances! Anyway, her words have stayed with me (thanks) and after my m/c (achieved pregnancy without any assistance from her!) I added cr*p to my previously balanced diet and gave up running to gain some weight. I had been a serious distance runner but stopped when I discovered I was pregnant. Just lately though the clouds are starting to lift after my m/c and I now find myself craving to get back to eating properly and running again so have decided to go with what feels right for my body and not with her comments.

Sorry that I have vented my spleen here - I didn't mean to - just started out wanting to say, be happy with your bum, whatever size it is if it feels like that's 'you' :) x

Well said my friend and yes, do what feels right for you, only with happiness can you achieve your dreams

Thank you Elizabeth! I am definitely interested in becoming more fit! Thank you, thank you, thank you!:hugs:

Spoomie, I have a friend I talk to online who is ttc and was told the same thing. My response to her was that as long as she was having regular cycles and eating well then her activity level shouldn't matter. I think this type of advise is only good for those ladies who are so active that it disrupts their cycles. It also places blame on the poor women who are doing everything they can do stay healthy and also takes pressure off the Dr who has no answer why getting pregnant is taking so long. It really is in God's hands, and we just have to relax and give him time to give us a blessing when he knows the time is right...

Well ladies, just a quick post before I get the Eurostar home - THE OLD COW's COMING TO GET ME TODAY! Woke to a humungeous temperature drop and I was SO certain this was my month. Poo, poo, poo and bum.

Well ladies, just a quick post before I get the Eurostar home - THE OLD COW's COMING TO GET ME TODAY! Woke to a humungeous temperature drop and I was SO certain this was my month. Poo, poo, poo and bum.

That really sucks Reb. Sorry she got you.

Awww Reb :shrug::hugs::hugs:

Think this cycle is tits up...didn't BD on 2nd peak last night...I felt a bit dodgy and OH was too tired :growlmad::nope: had 3 days of flat temps.....so looks like haven't OV'd yet :shrug: was eally expecting to see a rise this morning but nope! to be honest though my cervix felt more medium yesterday and had creamy cm and today it's sticky...just temps don't seem to corralate to OV :wacko:

Evening All. Well sounds like everyone is in good spirits, hopefully all enjoying the beautiful spring sunshine. :happydance:

Glowstar - :yipee: for the peak here's a little of the magic stuff to help things along. :dust::dust::dust:

LLbean - According to my pregnant in your 40's book it's not uncommon for the more mature lady to have less symptoms - apparently it's one of the perks! :dance:

Miss_C - You're charts looking nice, keeping it all crossed for you :flower:

Jax41 - My EWCM usually kicks in around CD8 - 9. I do have a tendency to O a little earlier than I'd like on average CD11 - but not this month managed to get to CD13 :happydance: Hopefully this is just the beginning of your fertile phase, time for you to carry that big old torch.

Lucky11 - Welcome, lovely and I'm so sorry to hear about your MC and wish you much strength in coming to terms with it. Are you able to do another round of IVF?

Well, it's quite apt really that Easter is almost upon us what with the great egg hunt going on in here. Shame there's no bloody chocolate at the end of it :rofl:

Got it up last night Nise - the torch I mean!! I'm on that 'great egg hunt', keep those 'TTC tips from Nise' coming they are so cool!!:kiss:

Yeah that would help LLbean. I think I'm going to get a packet of those little mini chocolate eggs and keep em by my bed - That way I'd be guaranteed to always catch an egg, not to mention a little energy boost! And if I'm not lucky enough to get an orgasam - well, problem solved! :winkwink::rofl: ttc top tips by Nise.

:haha::haha::haha:

Hope everyone is doing well....CD13 and another peak...no temp rise today though, strangely FF has a circle not filled in...think it must be because of the clocks going forward as took it as normal. My cervix doesn't feel as fertile today either so reckon I might have Ov'd through the night. If we DTD again tonight we get a HIGH score on FF :thumbup::haha:

Jax...I reckon I O'd on CD6 last time but FF reckons CD12...one thing that's always constant with me is my LP no matter when I Ov so I went with CD6. That was after two cycles of coming off Soy so think that messed with my cycle. The cycle before that I did Ov on CD10 and had a 24 day cycle so if I were you I would BD like mad :winkwink: as I got +OPK and Ov'd all on the same day so we really missed the timing!!

Nise how are you??? might go and have a peak at your chart :winkwink:

Welcome Lucky, sorry to hear of your loss :hugs: I am sure you will find plenty of info on IVF on this forum and we are here as support for you :flower:

I am ready to let the torch go after tonight...Jax....it's your turn :sex::sex:

Thanks Glowstar, I'm warming up in the wings to take on the responsibility!! We had a limber up last night (tee hee!!:haha:), I caught him unawares, so here goes!! But if you Ov early that means you've got a longer 'TWW' dunnit? Oh gawd, what am I going to do with myself??!!!:shrug:

Fingers Xed for you that things aren't as bad as you think this month... I wouldn't have a clue how to do all that temp stuff (maybe I should?!), think you're dead clever to work it all out!! Take care and here's some love n dust for you:dust:

Think this cycle is tits up...didn't BD on 2nd peak last night...I felt a bit dodgy and OH was too tired :growlmad::nope: had 3 days of flat temps.....so looks like haven't OV'd yet :shrug: was eally expecting to see a rise this morning but nope! to be honest though my cervix felt more medium yesterday and had creamy cm and today it's sticky...just temps don't seem to corralate to OV :wacko:

Hi Glowstar, how weird. I have just recorded a high day after 2 peak days, had ovulation pain yesterday and ewcm the day before so I too expected to see a temp rise this morning, but nothing! I'm still cursing fertility friend after she tricked me last month by telling me I ovulated on day 10 then changing it to day 14 after we'd given up bding. Wonder what she'll make of this contradiction?! Maybe we'll get our rise tomorrow, then join me in promising NOT to symptom spot :) I was quite good last month but may even try to miss taking my temperature a few times if I am strong enough! Keep me posted.....

Spoomie x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->