TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Well ladies, just a quick post before I get the Eurostar home - THE OLD COW's COMING TO GET ME TODAY! Woke to a humungeous temperature drop and I was SO certain this was my month. Poo, poo, poo and bum.

Shame RebS, sorry to hear that :-(

Think this cycle is tits up...didn't BD on 2nd peak last night...I felt a bit dodgy and OH was too tired :growlmad::nope: had 3 days of flat temps.....so looks like haven't OV'd yet :shrug: was eally expecting to see a rise this morning but nope! to be honest though my cervix felt more medium yesterday and had creamy cm and today it's sticky...just temps don't seem to corralate to OV :wacko:

Hi Glowstar, how weird. I have just recorded a high day after 2 peak days, had ovulation pain yesterday and ewcm the day before so I too expected to see a temp rise this morning, but nothing! I'm still cursing fertility friend after she tricked me last month by telling me I ovulated on day 10 then changing it to day 14 after we'd given up bding. Wonder what she'll make of this contradiction?! Maybe we'll get our rise tomorrow, then join me in promising NOT to symptom spot :) I was quite good last month but may even try to miss taking my temperature a few times if I am strong enough! Keep me posted.....

Spoomie x

Phew....thought I was the only weird one :haha::haha: oh well....dunno what to suggest but it's actually made me feel better that you are in the same boat as me :wacko: I always say I'm not going to temp or poas but I just can't help myself...it's a terrible disease :winkwink: I have just text OH to tell him he better BD tonight :growlmad: not that I'm being demanding or anything :haha: I know it sounds peavish but I wanted to say it's YOUR fault it's not working as we never seem to get the BD's right and it's usually because he is tired :sleep: mind you...partly my fault as I panic and we start way to early so when the right time comes we are all shagged out :shrug:
Feel that this month is a write off :cry:

Reb S - sorry to hear the old witch turned up - its really pants!

Well ladies - CD11 - first cycle after MC - have ordered some preseed as have read lots about it on here. Had a play with the torch a couple of nights ago and have warned OH that will be much torch carrying over this next week or so!! :winkwink:
Prev used to ovulate about day 14 or 16. Have also got some OPKs to use - when would anyone start testing? I was thinking of starting tomorrow over the next week and see what happens. Do you have to test at any particular time of day - morning or evening? only have 5 test at present but more on the way from amazon

Don't log in for a day or two and you ladies have a posting marathon. ;)

Glad to see so many positive attitudes out there, it often makes all the difference. I'm kind of disgusted with the level of hand holding, negativity, and rudeness on both the 1st and 2nd trimester boards so I have been taking it easy on the site. Hope someone gets somewhere with an over 35 and pregnant board. The regular ones often just don't cut it for our select group.

Good luck with the torch, ladies!

Well, I've just had time to read back on all the posts I've missed. Honestly, off I go to Paris for the weekend - TO WORK...and you lot have loads of fun without me.
Arse/age correlation; teen pregnancy threads - :rofl:

Ok - firstly thanks to you all for commiserations on the old bitch/witch on her way. I really thought I'd seen her off with loads of :sex: positive vibes, determined attitude; yes-baby; moon cup (hahaha - more like putting a Dyson up yer.....!) new vitamins - what else can we try?! ](*,)](*,)](*,) Thinking of soy now - anyone know what/where to buy/ how to use? Then I'm going to tie OH to the bed, :sex: every day and stand on my head for an hour after each time!

Now to personals - Glowstar and Spoomie - don't give up. Keep shagging away!
Roothy - good luck with the torch, I'd get testing now if i were you - I O'd quite early after my MMC.
Ciarhwyfar - sorry you've not had much fun on the 1st and 2nd tri threads - those youngsters just don't have our maturity :winkwink: so keep with this madhouse!
LLBean - good going! The newly invented over-40's :bunny: trophy of this week goes to YOU! (Unless anyone can top that shagathon-marathon?)

Me: 40years
dh: 45years
trying to conceive 2 years
recent 1st ivf ended in missed miscarraige at 8 wks totally unexpected have d and c this week.
We are devestated.looking for success stories after ivf miscarraige please

Finally, Lucky - huge welcome to you :hugs::hugs::hugs: I know exactly how you feel, because that's exactly what happened to us - successful IVF, then MMC at about 7-10 weeks. It's a complete roller-coaster and a horrible, horrible shock after such elation. We're still holding off on another round of IVF - we're 'unexplained infertility' - have you had any thoughts yet on what to do? I can't give you a success story, YET! - but stick with us for lots of support. Also I found TTC after a loss very helpful x

LLBean - good going! The newly invented over-40's :bunny: trophy of this week goes to YOU! (Unless anyone can top that shagathon-marathon?)

ALRIGHT!!! I Got a Trophy, I got a Trophy, neener neener HAHAHAHAHA

Have fun in Paris for me...never been but hope to some day

Lets go ladies WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

well girls off to my next acupuncture session tomorrow and have have a really niggly sharp pain very low down on left tonight and positive opk's yesterday and today my OV was friday so this is weird maybe its the agnus cactus playing tricks on my body, im bloated and tired and have been since yesterday and very tearful so will tell her tomorrow and see what she says xx
Im really hoping that this is all good for us and that this is exactly what she is hoping should happen ? clueless personally but im sure i will find out tomorrow .
Good Luck Girls xxx

well girls off to my next acupuncture session tomorrow and have have a really niggly sharp pain very low down on left tonight and positive opk's yesterday and today my OV was friday so this is weird maybe its the agnus cactus playing tricks on my body, im bloated and tired and have been since yesterday and very tearful so will tell her tomorrow and see what she says xx
Im really hoping that this is all good for us and that this is exactly what she is hoping should happen ? clueless personally but im sure i will find out tomorrow .
Good Luck Girls xxx

Sounds good Inkd!!! Let us know!

aww thanks LLbean xx, good luck for you too hun its so exciting to think that this could really bring us the little ones we have been waiting for xx

I love, love, love you ladies :hugs::hugs:

Reb.....so sorry the witch got you.....on to another cycle of hope...and I will be hoping for you :winkwink:

LLBean....woo-hoo on the shagathon trophy :happydance: I BD'd around the same in December but a no go for me but your symptoms sound really promising...everything crossed for you xx

Ink....hope the accu is working for you, sounds like it is and giving you some real positive vibes :kiss:

Spoomie....I am holding out for a temp rise tomorrow and managed to coax OH into a BD tonight for good luck. I am kind of wondering if temps are off due to the clock change?? I had an unfilled circle yesterday even though I took it at the right time...time will tell I suppose :wacko:

Roothy...grab that torch with all your might and don't let it go for the next week xx

Ciar....I know what you mean about the youngsters, some of them have done my head in on the TTC threads I have visited. I def think there is a difference as you get older...they all seem so urgent and I do get that wholeheartedly, I know it sounds selfish but being 35+ def comes with a whole new suitcase full of baggage.

On another note.....if any of you haven't tried soy you might want to have a look at the thread I am on. Although I took it for two cycles and it didn't work for me, there are a lot of ladies having a lot of success with it, some of them our age and some who have had IVF and trying another option.

I have just mentioned 'the plunger' aka mooncups/instead cups to OH and he gave me this look :shock:

I've justed posted in the Forum Help & Testing Area with the request for an Over35 and Pregnant forum: https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-h...-mods-can-we-have-forum-over-35-pregnant.html

If you think it would be a good idea please feel free to go there and post your support.

Cheers.

Pip x

Well done Pip, have lent my support for what it's worth.

Glowstar - no giving up on this cycle yet, had a quick gander at your chart and I'm not convinced O has happened yet. Maybe last months cycle was just one of those freaky things that happens every now and again. Sending you a shit load of PMA. and hope you got your dose of :spermy: tonight. :dust:

Not much to report my end - 4dpo and counting. :hugs:

Well ladies, just a quick post before I get the Eurostar home - THE OLD COW's COMING TO GET ME TODAY! Woke to a humungeous temperature drop and I was SO certain this was my month. Poo, poo, poo and bum.

Arsehats! :hugs: big hugs for you. Have a little cry and then jump back on :bike: knowing you're one more cycle closer to the goal. :hugs:

Glowstar, good point, hadn't thought of the clocks changing. I remember now seeing an info box on fertility friend about this but never clicked on it - stupid of me as I might be better informed now if I had! Not sure I can sneak another bd in, DH is busy working and says he'll be up all night so not sure how well the suggestion would be received. Aren't you always so tired of bd by this time?! I've never managed to get to the 3rd day after +opk that SMEP recommends, we're just too old and tired by then!!! I know if you get pregnant this month and I don't then I'll be kicking myself for not having enough staying power :). Let's hope for a temp rise tomorrow x

Glowstar, good point, hadn't thought of the clocks changing. I remember now seeing an info box on fertility friend about this but never clicked on it - stupid of me as I might be better informed now if I had! Not sure I can sneak another bd in, DH is busy working and says he'll be up all night so not sure how well the suggestion would be received. Aren't you always so tired of bd by this time?! I've never managed to get to the 3rd day after +opk that SMEP recommends, we're just too old and tired by then!!! I know if you get pregnant this month and I don't then I'll be kicking myself for not having enough staying power :). Let's hope for a temp rise tomorrow x

I saw what was in the box and it just said it was better not to change your usual time even though it would be an hour earlier than usual. Personally I expect that it might have made a small difference in some charts as I know from my sometimes erratic work schedule that when I have to take temps an hour earlier they are always slightly lower than they would have been. I guess things will even out again now though - just a bummer that it had to happen right around O time (was the same for me). :hugs:

Here in Queensland we have same time all year so no clock changing for us although would kill for daylight savings in summer but that's a whole other issue, some stupid people last time they held a refferendum voted no to clock change cos they thought the cows would get confused!!!!!!!!

anywhoo, time change or no I think my temp is trending downwards and will see a plummet in next day or so - 10dpo and witch normally shows on 13dpo.

I thought about getting one of those home fertility tests that tests your fsh levels and not taking the soy next cycle but wanna give it a few shots, I sort of didn't hold out much hope for this cycle anyway being first after miscarriage would been too much to ask I guess, but seem to think next cycle could be it - I think next month will be obsessive!! I have 2 readings one says girl april cycle bfp may and another that says boy August conceive or bfp.

Here in Queensland we have same time all year so no clock changing for us although would kill for daylight savings in summer but that's a whole other issue, some stupid people last time they held a refferendum voted no to clock change cos they thought the cows would get confused!!!!!!!!

anywhoo, time change or no I think my temp is trending downwards and will see a plummet in next day or so - 10dpo and witch normally shows on 13dpo.

I thought about getting one of those home fertility tests that tests your fsh levels and not taking the soy next cycle but wanna give it a few shots, I sort of didn't hold out much hope for this cycle anyway being first after miscarriage would been too much to ask I guess, but seem to think next cycle could be it - I think next month will be obsessive!! I have 2 readings one says girl april cycle bfp may and another that says boy August conceive or bfp.

the :mamafy: is what they worried about? are you serious? HAHAHAHAHA

I have to look at your chart and see what you say about your temps... now you got me thinking of that too...have you by chance peeked at mine today? I have been feeling weird on and off so holding on to hope.

Also, who gave you those "readings"? I would love to see what they say about me LOL

Great Idea Pip...have just lent my support :thumbup:

Well huge temp rise this morning so looks like I Ov'd yesterday.....suppose it could have been day before and slow rise :shrug: anyway still pee'd off as told OH I wanted a HIGH on the conception meter on FF and we only have a GOOD :wacko: Only had one HIGH since we started TTC in November...oh well the torture of the TWW begins.

Nise...your chart still looks OK to me...so fingers crossed :kiss:

While your on the subject of readings I have had 4 altogether, the first one was wrong said girl conceived January. The last 3 have ALL said the same thing....baby boy conceived June 2011 born March 2012...here is the last one I had.

Linking in around you, I feel your path is alot happier than its been in many years especially around relationship and family areas, I do feel you have alot of stress around your emotions at the moment, and this I see comes solely from wanting another child, as this shows to be on your mind almost all of the time

Im not initially seeing anything medically wrong and feel you may have already approached or discussed this with medical people, I do see strongly this is just a matter of timing,and I pick up too your worrying because of your age ( which isnt old at all ) I have alot of ladies who conceived well into their 40's, I feel also that you may have conceived with ease with your children you already have

You have a lovely lady linking in around you from the spirit world, I see an M initial around her, and she firstly says she is glad your life changed direction and that you have a happy, content and also secure relationship line around which is better for you in many ways, she also shows a child is coming in ahead, but you need to relax around this, I pick up here May and June as very highlighted around pregnancy for you, and when you start to relax and realise nothing is ending or changing in your path so you dont have to rush, things will become alot calmer and more balanced for you

I see clearly a baby boy born 2012, and see everything around your pregnancy as well and healthy and also your labour and birth too, your partner shows as very supportive and in general just a very happy times shows in your life

I feel your son completes your family, and spirit end by showing a lovely path awaiting you :)

So to clarify I see 1 child ahead for you and wish you every happiness :) x

I like the fact that an entire country puts its cows first.
Glowstar - good reading! Looks like June's your month.

I'm OBSESSING today! I went over all my early posts for my IVF success and keep looking up the Lister clinic success rates and different Chinese doctors - I HATE the old :witch: Please, ladies - keep me sane - tell me I WILL GET PREGNANT! and that I don't have to do appalling IVF again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->