TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Hi Glow - sorry you're having a duff 2ww. I think everyone's mind plays tricks on them - I still haven't figured out if it's best to hope, then be disappointed, or decide there's no hope - then things can only surprise you! I guess every month we have to decide to be glass half empty or half full. :wine: x
Anyone know how to tart up my profile? I want to put up a tad more info! x

Hi Reb S

I know EXACTLY what you mean about how to approach the 2WW, I too swing between the 2 approaches you describe!

Glowstar, sorry you're struggling. I am trying (and barely succeeding) to get on with life and to ignore the demon on my shoulder telling me that I *may* have symptoms that are worth taking note of! Also, ignoring the fact that FF gave me a high score (teacher's pet!) becasue I'm still sulking with her for messing me around with my O day last month, so trying not to take too much notice of her :) Today I have been thinking that this time next week we'll pretty much know one way or the other.

Reb, re: adding stuff to the bottom of your posts. Glowstar helped me add my FF 'ticker' a few days ago. Not confident enough to attempt anything else :) I tell myself that it's ok to be technologically inept on the over 40s thread as the other ladies here will completely understand!!! x

Miss C and anyone else who cares at the moment:winkwink: - I know that Grrrr-y feeling all to well, where you just want to scream at the computer screen and punch FF smack in the cyber space nose! I'm not sure I trust FF with my cycle and when I use the BBT next month I believe I'll be going the old skool route of pen and paper charting! LOL! Take that FF!

not just FF, I know my body, I know the cm, the cp etc etc, the opk's, everything confirmed I o'd on cd13 my "normal" O day but am prepared to concede it may possibly have been 14 or 15, either way I am past "normal" LP. My cp is still HFC and my cm is creamy/sticky and my temps haven't dropped so with or without FF I AM STILL BLOODY GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

oh and just for good measure grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:brat:

not just FF, I know my body, I know the cm, the cp etc etc, the opk's, everything confirmed I o'd on cd13 my "normal" O day but am prepared to concede it may possibly have been 14 or 15, either way I am past "normal" LP. My cp is still HFC and my cm is creamy/sticky and my temps haven't dropped so with or without FF I AM STILL BLOODY GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

oh and just for good measure grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:brat:

You're absolutely right. You're LP shouldn't have changed much, if any. I do believe that I read somewhere that if it does change that would only be by a day-ish at most. However, you must be beyond that and very frustrated. Hopefully there will a BFP in the next day or so with those high temps!

Miss C I do believe you will get a BFP soon...hang tight!

I am now into the three week wait - grrrrrrrrr wtf is going on, temp still up, BBFFNN sooooooooooooooo frustrated, if not pregnant which I HIGHLY DOUBT then why won't the witch come so we can get on with things. grrrrrrrrrrr did I say grrrrrrrrrrrrr

everything I have read about post miscarriage cycles is all about length of follicular phase not changes to LP.

oh and just i case you missed it grrrrrrrrrrrr

Is this your first cycle post MC? Mine was a train wreck from right after the MC until they put me on provera and regulated my cycles. I had the exact opposite to you, though. I was bleeding almost constantly and had super low temps that jig jagged all over the place. Have you been tested by the doc?

Sam I had my miscarriage on 6th Feb and got my first AF on 8th March so this is my first "real" cycle if that makes sense.

I love you guys for being so positive I just don't see how I am gonna get a bfp now

Grace...thank god I'm not the only one..makes it really hard to 'attempt' to be normal for the TWW!!! suppose I will need to get used to it!!!

Way to go Spoomie...with a HIGH :happydance:

Reb....good way to attack the TWW :thumbup:

MissC...WTF!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....

so looking at my chart and based purely on temps I may be 12dpo but that means 4 dasy after pos opk and 3 days of creamy cm!! I will do anything to find an explanation, I think I am going slowly insane!!

Have you tried taking out all your OPK info? you can put it all back in after but see what it says PURELY based on your temps and not the OPK :shrug: just a thought?? :hugs:

ooh ooh ooh ooh just got some pink snot out! something is a happening, FINALLY, should see temp drop tomorrow now SURELY.

I know it seems ridiculous when all we want is to be pregnnat but after so many negative tests I am 10000000000000% positive I am not utd so I just want witch in and out and done so we can pick up that torch again!!

Miss C - grrrrrr - would you like to borrow my dog?! Loving the pink snot!!! :rofl: Seriously hoping things clarify for you today x

Spoomie - glad that you too, are a technophobic-freak!!! ha ha! Perhaps I'll get some more help if my ticker doesn't pop up soon x

Glowstar- how you doing? Hoping that 2ww gives you soon VERY HAPPY NEWS soon x

OOOh ooh ooh! My ticker's arrived! Wee-hoo!

Not sure I should be celebrating pink snot :wacko:...what the hell :happydance::happydance::happydance: :haha:

Spoomie...doing OK thanks :thumbup: you are up next for the torch.....before MissC catches it with a death grip :haha:

I have had three days of flat temps...never had this before...thinking something wrong with my thermometer :haha: keep expecting something to magically happen on my chart....but it never does!! it's like an adventure everyday...staring at it..like it's going to tell me something :dohh::haha:

just had hubby read the smep and he said hell yeah!! hmmmm yeah right he's the one who normally falls asleep before me, think we may have to do a few morning rise and shines if we are to keep up with that particular plan and hope bubba stays asleep long enogh for me to lay still for a good 20 mins or so at least!! so yeah will be burning my snatch as soon as we can!!!

and yup please celebrate pink snot, when you know you are out you just wanna be out as quickly as possible, you know a trip to the local corner shop rather than the huge shopping centre with parking for 8 billion customers!!

Miss C - looks like you're finally moving in a clear direction! Just wanted to tell you, that personally my LP increased after mc, longest it went was day 38 when, like you now, was going crazy!! It takes me about 4 months to get a "normal" cycle back, we'll see yet if this time follows the pattern, but just to let you know you're not alone ;-).

Has anyone had symptoms from taking agnus castus?? I feel like I felt when I took clomid a few years ago, being super hot at night and stomach upset, then this morning had a racing heartbeat for a bit. Maybe I'll cut back on the dose (was doing 30 drops 3 times a day). Maybe it means it's working though? Any experience out there??

I'm getting into torch time too, we'll see if OH cooperates this month...

Miss C - looks like you're finally moving in a clear direction! Just wanted to tell you, that personally my LP increased after mc, longest it went was day 38 when, like you now, was going crazy!! It takes me about 4 months to get a "normal" cycle back, we'll see yet if this time follows the pattern, but just to let you know you're not alone ;-).

Has anyone had symptoms from taking agnus castus?? I feel like I felt when I took clomid a few years ago, being super hot at night and stomach upset, then this morning had a racing heartbeat for a bit. Maybe I'll cut back on the dose (was doing 30 drops 3 times a day). Maybe it means it's working though? Any experience out there??

I'm getting into torch time too, we'll see if OH cooperates this month...

Bella,

I just wanted to slip in and tell you my experience with angus cactus. I bought it because I was trying to have healthier cycles. Mine were 21 days long once I started having cycles again after one depo shot. I have never had any issues with heart racing or high blood pressure until I took it. My blood pressure spiked to 166/110 while using it. There is the rare instance where it can cause heart racing and high blood pressure for a very select group of women with familial issues concerning blood pressure. I would advise you to have your blood pressure monitored if you continue to take it. For me, I stopped taking it when this happened and it took several days for my blood pressure to come down. After discontinuing I am fine with no other instances of a racing heart or high blood pressure. My blood pressure is now back to a normal 110/70.

Now it was said to me on another forum that it could be that I started taking to much right from the get go - possibly working up to a theraputic dose would have kept this from happening, but I'm not willing to take my chances and have a stroke.; the longer I was at work, the higher my BP rose so at 166/110 I said enough! Something is terribly wrong and went to the ER.

I was only taking 2 capsules at 400mg each. The drops will be much more concentrated though. I hope this helps answer your question.

what about Soy Isoflavone? what is your take on that?

11dpo and I am finding the 2ww loooooooong! My LP is usually 15 days long anyway but with FP being longer this cycle, I feel like it's going on forever and pma is waning. Roll on Sunday.

Hope everyone is well and having a good week.

:dust: to those about to take up the torch! PMSL at your new thread Graceface where you mentioned carrying the torch - as so it's quite a normal thing to do. Wonder how many will get the in-house joke :rofl:

Wow, interesting to read that about the vitex. My Mummy suffers from high blood pressure and angina and is medicated for it so guess I need to be alert to the dangers you describe Bellamamma and GraceFace. I know my herbalist started me on 10 drops a day (she makes it up for me so not sure of the strength) which I thought was hardly worth taking, but I'm glad now it was so conservative!

Miss C - I remember your hpt test had a faint second line. Do you think maybe you have had a chemical pregnancy Hun? When I had one last year, I had a faint positive frer that disappeared a few days later. Af arrived shortly after( 5 days late in the end). I don't think your previous mc, or soy has affected your luteal phase , more likely a chemical. When you posted a pic of your test, it definitely had 2 lines. Wishing you good luck with this cycle Hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->