TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

That's really touched me Spoomie :cry: I have never suffered a loss but know it will be a whole new set of worries I probably never had before when I had my girls in my twenties.

Although I know I can't possibly begin to know how you feel...I am always here to offer support and to give encouragement. I sense a whole feeling of cheering each other on and offering endless support in the over forties section that seems lacking on some of the other sections of the board :shrug:

I am keeping everything crossed for you for another high temp tomorrow :thumbup: I haven't felt as crampy today which worries me a bit....had some sharp pains near my right ovary yesterday and this morning but overall feeling OK so at the moment I am feeling 50/50 :winkwink:

Bless you Glowstar. You are definitely one of the friends I referred to. Hardly dare to hope for a high temp tomorrow. Will be thinking of you too x

Hey Ladies, all going on in here again. :happydance:

Jax41 Good going :thumbup: here's to a 2ww that turns into a 9 month one. :dust:

Miss_C Please don't torture yourself with thoughts of MC, chemical or otherwise - looking at your chart I would say that there is a pretty good argument that O may well have not taken place till CD17 (Pos the very early hours of) Big hugs to you lovely - I know it's hard. :hugs:

LLbean Sorry :witch: is being a total bitch, sounds like you've had an awful day with her. I do hope she lightens up tomorrow. Obviously giving you a really good clear out so you'll have a sparkling womb for this cycle. :hugs:

Reb_S :yipee: for 1st high on the monitor. I shall be cheering you on, am very impressed by your efforts so far. :winkwink:

Inkdchic Fingers crossed for you that you'll get a 2nd line nice and dark in the next few days. Hope you enjoyed your acu again.

Glowstar & Spoomie I am deeply impressed with the mega temps :thumbup: truly hoping they are a great sign for you both. :dust::dust:

Truly_Blessed I am so sorry AF is dicking you about, bloody annoying. :hugs:

As for me - well I'm still here, just waiting quietly. Like Glowstar and Spoomie I am dreading taking tomorrows temp - I don't want it to start the descent! :hugs:

FX'd for you Nise.....your chart looks like it's got a nice steady climb going on :winkwink:

Nise - I agree with glowstar - your chart looks great. What fab high temperatures some of you ladies get! I think I was born in Antarctica!
Spoomie - that was a lovely post. I'm so sorry for your loss, and I'm right with you. Folks at my work place were incredibly unsupportive after my loss even though they knew about it (very macho environment- yuk.) I found a lot of solace from the miscarriage section and now find that this thread is a complete haven.

GOOD LUCK to all you lot taking temps tomorrow! Yuk to that butterfly feeling when you wake up and reach for the thermometer! Can we cast a spell to keep all thermometers in the over 40's at beautifully high levels?! :af:

x

Nise, thanks for the resume on everyone! i always mean to keep up to date but then get it all muddled up in my head - senile old bag!

Reb S, I totally agree - I talk to you ladies about this whole thing more than I do my husband, and that's not because our relationship is bad, just that you all totally 'get it'! Seriously though, I have actually found that sharing some of my posts with him has helped him understand how I'm feeling more easily than I could if I sat down to explain, when I'm likely to get sidetracked by crying and then not communicating my feelings at all well!

DITTO that we all get sky high temps tomorrow, not a dip that sends us crashing down on the rollercoaster. it's amazing how optimistic I've been about my current situation today, following my rise this morning. I make myself so cross because I know I'll be in the pit of despair if it goes down tomorrow and then I'll be even more annoyed that I let myself get sucked in to thinking this was it.......

Good luck to all x

ditto everything spoomie said - in fact not sure if you ladies are aware but spoomie and I are identical twins (well almost). we both have same age toddlers and both lost our much tried for and much wanted siblings for said son's just after 12 weeks and both almost the exact same age, just a few weeks between us. So spooky but really comforting, not that it is nice knowing someone else is going through the exact same thing as you as I would not wish this pain on my worst enemy but that feeling of isolation you get after a miscarriage is eased and this forum is definitely a massive help along the way to recovery.

Anywhoo on to lighter and brighter things, I feel some bfp's coming up in the next week, spoomie, glowy an d nise all looking really good thus far!!

cd2 for me. this is traditionally the worst day as far as pain and flow goes so gonna take it pretty easy, have to head out to shop to get some food though, hubby is coming for dinner - so excited! Jake is gonna be beside himself when he sees Daddy. Who thought this housesitting idea was a good one?!! actually it has been pretty relaxing not having to "find" stuff to do like cleaning etc.

crud at scrolling back to do personals on thi slap top so apologies, doesn't mean I'm not reading all of your wonderful posts.

:dust: to you all, I am so excited, only a few more days before we get those big announcements!!

Hi Samian

Thanks for your good wishes. I too lost my last baby at 12 weeks last November and am still really struggling to regroup. It hit me like a steam train as, foolishly, I had thought I'd made it through the danger zone having got so far (I had 2 losses at 10 and 6 weeks before my son was born). Made worse by the fact that we saw a heartbeat at 7 weeks so that had reassured us that things were going well. How wrong we were; I was admitted to hospital as the m/c entered its final stages just the day before our scheduled 12 week scan, I was 12+2. After my previous m/c at 6 weeks I was pregnant with my son just 6 weeks later, so my only comfort was in expecting the same to happen this time. It didn't and it's now been 4.5 months, still waiting and dreading my due date and the prospect that I may not be pregnant by then. That said, I'm praying this is my month...

This forum has pretty much kept my afloat. After the first few weeks of people in 'real life' asking how you are doing I felt I should be pulling myself together and that I could no longer bother people with my woes. I was far from together, in fact I was going backwards. The ladies hear never seem to tire of offering support and it has helped me so so much. There are still good/bad days/moments but on the whole I feel I am heading out of the dark tunnel now and am so incredibly thankful for the virtual friends I have here.

Hope you get good news soon too xx

Oh Spoomie. I'm almost crying from reading this. We're MC buddies, which makes me feel so much less alone even as it makes me feel sad for you. :hugs: I, too, saw the heartbeat at week seven and then lost the baby in Nov. 2010 at week 12+6. I was devastated. I couldn't stop crying and the women on here really saved me too. I've been hanging out on a PAL forum, but when I saw this forum, I realized that I probably should be in here with you ladies as I'm 43 and TTC #1 after a loss. Everyone in the other forum is young and sometimes I can't help but feel like they just don't know how terrifying it is to be older and panicked and trying desperately to get the egg and sperm to do what they should. And then to keep that wee baby in there safely. . . So scary.

Thanks so much for your post. We're trying this month and I think I've Oed, or will tomorrow. I never get a peak reading on my CBFM, but temps and O pains and CM seem to suggest that maybe O day was today. I guess the next few days will tell, right?

Here's hoping that we all are bump buddies. :flower:

Sam

Fingers crossed you all get the temp rises you need today. :dust:

:hug:

Pip x

Oh Spoomie. I'm almost crying from reading this. We're MC buddies, which makes me feel so much less alone even as it makes me feel sad for you. :hugs: I, too, saw the heartbeat at week seven and then lost the baby in Nov. 2010 at week 12+6. I was devastated. I couldn't stop crying and the women on here really saved me too. I've been hanging out on a PAL forum, but when I saw this forum, I realized that I probably should be in here with you ladies as I'm 43 and TTC #1 after a loss. Everyone in the other forum is young and sometimes I can't help but feel like they just don't know how terrifying it is to be older and panicked and trying desperately to get the egg and sperm to do what they should. And then to keep that wee baby in there safely. . . So scary.

Thanks so much for your post. We're trying this month and I think I've Oed, or will tomorrow. I never get a peak reading on my CBFM, but temps and O pains and CM seem to suggest that maybe O day was today. I guess the next few days will tell, right?

Here's hoping that we all are bump buddies. :flower:

Sam

Samian

So sorry to hear that our stories are so similar, as you say, it's not something you'd wish on anyone. Miss_C is also in the same boat, and as she said above, we have joked that we are twins! I cannot imagine how much scarier it is to feel that you are ttc no1, but take heart from the fact that you have conceived before and you WILL do it again. I do wonder if the internet does us a disservice with scary statistics about ttc over 35/40. Just a couple of generations ago women went on to have babies in the 40s as a matter of course (ok, they had probably had another 5 before they got there!) and while ever we are ovulating we are in with a shout.

Keep focused on the ultimate goal and I hope that your pain is more bearable day by day. Baby steps, if you'll excuse the pun xx

So Glowstar....how goes it today? Hope your temp stayed up.

I had a restless night (surprise surprise!) and woke up 10 mins before the alarm. I took my temp and it was 37, lay awake contemplating this, took it again 5 mins later and it had plummeted to 36.69! I know that the golden rule of temping is to take it immediately you wake up. Not heeding this (!) I took it again 15 mins later and it was 36.82. Confused. I decided not to use the corrector as they were so far apart and am trying not to get too excited about this 'rise' in case it isn't true. Hope I can be more relaxed tomorrow and that the rise is sustained§.

Have a good day lovely ladies xx

Nise, thank you hun i did and had a nice suprise, she checked my pulse and her face automatically lit up and she turned to me and said , its an excellent strong slippery pulse which can only mean one thing and that is pregnancy, i only had needles in my wrists, ankle, foot and calf, she is now treating me as though i am pregnant and the session was to get the blood flow more to the uterus to make the lining thicker and more sticky for the little eggy to stay, so with period due today /tomorrow im really hoping that she is right and we dont see my period for another 18 months (breastfeeding included ), yay im gonna wait a week to test to make sure , dont know how im gonna manange waiting but i've got to be strong and do this.
Good Luck with all the temps getting a lot higher for you girls today xx

look at the trend it just gets better and better

Age of mother 40–44 45–49
1940 68,269 7,558
1945 78,853 6,897
1950 77,743 5,322
1955 89,777 5,430
1960 91,564 5,182
1965 81,716 4,614
1970 49,952 3,146
1975 26,319 1,628
1980 23,090 1,200
1985 28,334 1,162
1990 48,607 1,638
1995 67,250 2,727
1996 71,663 2,980
1997 76,084 3,333
1998 81,027 3,7822
1999 83,090 4,3482
2000 90,013 4,6042
2001 92,813 5,0832
2002 95,788 5,4872
2003 101,005 5,8452
2004 103,917 6,2142
2005 104,667 6,1192
2006 105,539 6,9742
2007 105,071 7,3492

not sure what country this relates to it was posted on an over 40's page on FB.

But the numbers are going up and up and up!!!

Nise, thank you hun i did and had a nice suprise, she checked my pulse and her face automatically lit up and she turned to me and said , its an excellent strong slippery pulse which can only mean one thing and that is pregnancy, i only had needles in my wrists, ankle, foot and calf, she is now treating me as though i am pregnant and the session was to get the blood flow more to the uterus to make the lining thicker and more sticky for the little eggy to stay, so with period due today /tomorrow im really hoping that she is right and we dont see my period for another 18 months (breastfeeding included ), yay im gonna wait a week to test to make sure , dont know how im gonna manange waiting but i've got to be strong and do this.
Good Luck with all the temps getting a lot higher for you girls today xx

Wow inkdchick, I'm so happy to hear this. Keep us posted. A friend of mine who experienced a stillbirth has recommended acupuncture and it's next on my list if things don't work out in the coming months x

look at the trend it just gets better and better

Age of mother 40–44 45–49
1940 68,269 7,558
1945 78,853 6,897
1950 77,743 5,322
1955 89,777 5,430
1960 91,564 5,182
1965 81,716 4,614
1970 49,952 3,146
1975 26,319 1,628
1980 23,090 1,200
1985 28,334 1,162
1990 48,607 1,638
1995 67,250 2,727
1996 71,663 2,980
1997 76,084 3,333
1998 81,027 3,7822
1999 83,090 4,3482
2000 90,013 4,6042
2001 92,813 5,0832
2002 95,788 5,4872
2003 101,005 5,8452
2004 103,917 6,2142
2005 104,667 6,1192
2006 105,539 6,9742
2007 105,071 7,3492

not sure what country this relates to it was posted on an over 40's page on FB.

But the numbers are going up and up and up!!!

Wow, fascinating stats! Interesting to see the rise in the post-war years and then a decline in the 70s and early 80s before numbers started to pick up again. I wonder if it was because husbands had been away or widows remarried and fell pregnant in their pre-menopausal years, or if it is just coincidence. Either way, it's got to be uplifting for us to read such facts. Putting my own personal experience into the mix, it's also interesting to note that those post war babies born to older mothers probably thought, I won't be an older mother myself so had families early! Conversely, I was born to a young mother and always wished she'd been older (weird I know) and wonder if my son will rebel against having an older mother and go back the other way again!!!

We NEED a BFP in here soon ladies, good luck to all of you hanging on in there. :hugs:

AF was hiding so CD1 today for me. She's brought her friends stomach cramps and 'period poos' along too this cycle so I'm having a lovely day today lol

Think it might be time for a :wine: tonight

So Glowstar....how goes it today? Hope your temp stayed up.

I had a restless night (surprise surprise!) and woke up 10 mins before the alarm. I took my temp and it was 37, lay awake contemplating this, took it again 5 mins later and it had plummeted to 36.69! I know that the golden rule of temping is to take it immediately you wake up. Not heeding this (!) I took it again 15 mins later and it was 36.82. Confused. I decided not to use the corrector as they were so far apart and am trying not to get too excited about this 'rise' in case it isn't true. Hope I can be more relaxed tomorrow and that the rise is sustained§.

Have a good day lovely ladies xx

Brill news...your chart looks like an ID @ 7dpo :happydance: BOO HISS for me as mine has gone back down.....to 97.664.....it's like f***ing ground hog day with this temp this cycle :wacko::wacko: and I kind of feel like AF is looming this morning :cry: oh well :shrug:

We NEED a BFP in here soon ladies, good luck to all of you hanging on in there. :hugs:

AF was hiding so CD1 today for me. She's brought her friends stomach cramps and 'period poos' along too this cycle so I'm having a lovely day today lol

Think it might be time for a :wine: tonight

Sorry the evil witch got you....'period poos' :rofl::rofl::rofl:

period poos, yes I got them today mine are like a little bullet that shoots out and then the rest of the troops spill out, like a rock that covers the waterfall!!! waddup wid dat!!

However I am not as heavy as I have been in the past - weird?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->