TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Glowstar
Just checked out your other charts. You must've been so excited on the cycle you did soy, your temps were sky high! Interesting to see you only took it for 1 cycle. I had been toying with the idea but my herbalist isn't keen. Instead she is prescribing dhea along with all my other potions. I have been seeing her now since Jan and if this turns out to be another cycle without good news I'm thinking of adding acupuncture to my repertoire. I have been pregnant 3 times in the last 5 years (only 1 live birth came from them all :-( and an additional m/c some years earlier) so I know I can get pregnant so surely with all this extra support and attention to detail I should be hyperfertile!

Let's keep believing that it will happen for us x

I did two cycles of Soy...January (though wasn't temping and Feb) The Feb chart you are talking about I switched my BBT halfway through TWW and I had a stinking cold so what looks like high temps was actually a fever due to the cold. Not sure I would take Soy again...still debating :shrug: as the cycle after I stopped taking it was only 19 days long :cry: and I am a 27 day average cycle so it was a missed month really.
I've read fertalaid is supposed to be quite good??? not sure whether it's just a whole bunch of Vits though :shrug:

I do it orally.......not sure I feel like taking off my ever so sexy fleecy PJ bottoms to stick the thermo up my snatch :haha: be scared of OH putting his leg over me and the thermo disappearing forever :haha:
I am very specific about where I put it....I do have one specific place in my mouth and I always make sure I place it there and never anywhere else.
Can I ask something? Should your normal daytime temps be higher than your BBT? The only reason I ask is when I had the temp drop at 9po I decided to see what my temp was around 9pm at night...I lay on the bed while taking it and it was 97.124...which seemed REALLY low to me way below the coverline and in line with pre-o temps :shrug: the next morning it shot right up :shrug:

Ha ha, that's a painful thought!

Not sure about daytime temps, I thought they were supposed to be higher. A few months back (2nd month post m/c so reaaaalllly obsessive!) I started taking it later in the day and always found it higher, though I wasn't resting prior to taking it. I also read somewhere subsequently that if you take it in the evening you should try to replicate conditions day to day ie lay down and read for 20 mins or something beforehand. I decided it would be a step too far and only further fuel to my OCD tendencies!

xxx

Hey ladies,
Checking in! I'm 43 and 8 weeks thanks to Instead cups and soy but I didn't take enough soy. Hope there is some luck here in the forum. Baby dust to all...

Does anyone know if we O later due to our ages (I'm 40). I'm sitting at CD16 and NOTHING is happening. CBFM still says low, even though FF has me Oing on CD18. And, if I O later than CD18, doesn't that make it impossible to get anything positive with a fewer than 10 day LP?

Does anyone know if we O later due to our ages (I'm 40). I'm sitting at CD16 and NOTHING is happening. CBFM still says low, even though FF has me Oing on CD18. And, if I O later than CD18, doesn't that make it impossible to get anything positive with a fewer than 10 day LP?

there is a thread that discusses just that https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-conceive-over-35/564076-lh-surge-opk-ovulation-older-women.html

Hope that helps.

Spoomie and Glowstar,

Sorry to hear about your temps. But I don't hear a fat lady singing yet, so. . .

Hang in there girls!

Spoomie, I am so excited to hear you are going to be prescribed DHEA - I've heard some marvelous things about it actually turning back the clock - Glitterqueen was using it and got her bfp and somewhere back in this thread she supplied a link that has a lot of information about it. It was very interesting reading and if I ever get an appointment with the new FS my Doctor has referred me to I have full intentions of grilling him on this very thing. It is being taken quite seriously in the US but not so much the UK. I am quite keen to try with or without the damn FS. Sorry about the temp drop.

Actually I saved the link so here it is again. www.centerforhumanreprod.com/dhea.html?gclid=CPbUzvGbxqYCFUkhfAodiVHyMw

Glowstar - sorry about your temp drop too. :growlmad:

Well, girls I am 15 dpo today, had a small temp drop this morning. Tomorrow is supposed to be testing day but I reckon I will get a huge plummet in the morning and possibly be woken up by the witch. Felt a bit AF'y last night, think the fat lady was clearing her voice!

Wow DHEA seems to be a wonder fertility drug/supplement.

Spoomie, I am so excited to hear you are going to be prescribed DHEA - I've heard some marvelous things about it actually turning back the clock - Glitterqueen was using it and got her bfp and somewhere back in this thread she supplied a link that has a lot of information about it. It was very interesting reading and if I ever get an appointment with the new FS my Doctor has referred me to I have full intentions of grilling him on this very thing. It is being taken quite seriously in the US but not so much the UK. I am quite keen to try with or without the damn FS. Sorry about the temp drop.

Actually I saved the link so here it is again. www.centerforhumanreprod.com/dhea.html?gclid=CPbUzvGbxqYCFUkhfAodiVHyMw

Well, girls I am 15 dpo today, had a small temp drop this morning. Tomorrow is supposed to be testing day but I reckon I will get a huge plummet in the morning and possibly be woken up by the witch. Felt a bit AF'y last night, think the fat lady was clearing her voice!

I also took Dhea before I got pregnant but 1 pill was way to much for me I was very cranky. I split the pills into quarters and only took quarter and it really helped my hormones and moods...

I also took Dhea before I got pregnant but 1 pill was way to much for me I was very cranky. I split the pills into quarters and only took quarter and it really helped my hormones and moods...

Where did you get it from?

Thanks Nise, I too wait to see what tomorrow brings, have no symptoms of af and would be ecstatic if my temp went back up, but feeling that the fat lady's on her way despite me :-( But you should be excited surely? To be approaching 16dpo and still above the coverline has to be a positive???

Re: the DHEA, yes, I asked my herbalist if I might try soy after reading the thread on here about it. Strange because some women swear by it and some curse it! Anyway, my herbalist said that she personally isn't too keen on it, though we could try it if I wanted to. Her personal preference was for DHEA and, like you, she referred to the excitement over it in US clinics. She also had a patient who was taking it while preparing for IVF here. Apparently the clinic likes patients to take it for 3 or 4 months (can't recall which??) before they start treatment. I got mine online from Biovea if you're interested and I take 25mg 3 x daily.

Been wondering with my ever so hopeful chart (that now looks like it may all come to nought), if my body is really really trying and not quite making it yet. If DHEA can nudge it the final few steps along the way then I'll be delighted, though the reference to hair loss in your attached article was a bit alarming! x

Spoomie, I would be excited but unfortunately a 15 day LP is the norm for me. It goes on and on and on... :sleep:

Well, maybe it's because I found out that I have an ear infection in both ears, :shrug: but I refuse to hear any fat ladies either warming up, or singing for you ladies. :nope:

And since I feel like crapola, I'd really like it if I could wake up tomorrow to see that all of your temps have gone back up. So if you could manage that, I'd be ever-so grateful. K. Thanks. :flower:

Interesting stuff on the DHEA. If I'm not up the duff this month, I will mention that to the fertility doc on the 19th. Thanks for the info!

Sorry Samian, haven't been able to oblige :-(. Shame you feeling so bad, I'll keep you company now, feeling very very sorry for myself x

well so much for the agnus castus keeping my progesterone high, i had a neg test this morning again and browny/red cm so i think im out but will keep trying with the agnus and the acupuncture and see what it will bring us int he next two months if not im giving up completely had enough now x

well so much for the agnus castus keeping my progesterone high, i had a neg test this morning again and browny/red cm so i think im out but will keep trying with the agnus and the acupuncture and see what it will bring us int he next two months if not im giving up completely had enough now x

Shame inkdchick. It's exhausting, isn't it x

Sorry Samian, haven't been able to oblige :-(. Shame you feeling so bad, I'll keep you company now, feeling very very sorry for myself x

Oh no. . . I am so sorry, Spoomie. :hugs: It just takes over your life, doesn't it?

Sorry to hear about yours too, Inkd. How long have you been on the agnus castus? I take it too.

Awww, sorry you guys! :hugs:

Where did you get it from?

I got it at Walmart. Just don't confuse it with DHA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->