TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

If you were ill and taking AB's that might explain the wonky temps. You still might O yet Sam....fingers crossed you do. Good luck on Tuesday....I hope they have some answers for you :thumbup: don't give up...keep the hope alive :hugs::hugs:

Glowstar: Yep, I've been on amoxycillin for the past week and am still on it. I'll be done with it tomorrow. I was wondering if it could possibly have messed with the temps. It will be interesting to see what happens once I'm off them.

Sam - I def think both could have messed with your temps. You still might have O'd and what about the line of the test? anymore lines? you still might get your BFP. Maybe your pre-ov temps are not a realistic view of what's really happening. I really hope so :kiss:

Hi ladies

Whilst we wait for our own TTC and Pregnancy forum for the Over 35s, I've started a new group in the Pregnancy Forum: https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-groups/590420-over-35-pregnant.html#post10181129

Feel free to join in.

Pip x

Good idea Pip, why wait... If you want something done, then do it yourself and all that!

Sam - so sorry your temps are messing you around, I agree with the others the medication you have been taking could well have sent things off kilter. Keep the faith, I know it's hard but I hope you'll get some answers on Tuesday. :hugs:

Well, a uncharacteristically temp dive for me this morning, I don't think I've ever sunk so low :rofl: Wasn't really awake properly when I took it and am wondering if I took the thermometer out to soon??? :shrug: I temp by vag as it seems to give me a smoother chart but I can't hear the thing beep from down there :rofl::rofl::rofl: CD8 and Monica is registering a high - CM has finally kicked in as creamy. So gearing up for my turn to do a bit of torch carrying! Think it will be a bit of a relay between me and Spoomie. :happydance:

Good idea Pip, why wait... If you want something done, then do it yourself and all that!

Sam - so sorry your temps are messing you around, I agree with the others the medication you have been taking could well have sent things off kilter. Keep the faith, I know it's hard but I hope you'll get some answers on Tuesday. :hugs:

Well, a uncharacteristically temp dive for me this morning, I don't think I've ever sunk so low :rofl: Wasn't really awake properly when I took it and am wondering if I took the thermometer out to soon??? :shrug: I temp by vag as it seems to give me a smoother chart but I can't hear the thing beep from down there :rofl::rofl::rofl: CD8 and Monica is registering a high - CM has finally kicked in as creamy. So gearing up for my turn to do a bit of torch carrying! Think it will be a bit of a relay between me and Spoomie. :happydance:

:haha::haha::haha:

Think you may be carrying it alone at this rate, marital relations are somewhat strained in our house just now..... All the stress of ttcal is really taking its toll :sad1:0 xxx

Aw, Spoomie, I hope things improve soon. x
Pip - well done you!
Nise - that is a weird drop! I'm impressed that you do a vag temp - that's really dedicated!! hee hee! CM sounds good - I never get any these days grump.
Sam - I expect the horrible antibiotics have messed you up - try not to get stressed and let your body recover x
Sorry - brief round of everyone cos my very large dog has put his head on my lap, tail wagging, with a ball in his mouth. Time to go play! My silly temps are still dropping after my amazing spurt at O. Progesterone test tomorrow, for the 1st time in 3 years of TTC - I finally educated myself and worked out that they should have done that right at the beginning... oh well x

:haha::haha::haha:

Think you may be carrying it alone at this rate, marital relations are somewhat strained in our house just now..... All the stress of ttcal is really taking its toll :sad1:0 xxx

Awww Spoomie I hope things improve soon :hugs:

Mmm Reb just looked at your chart, your temps do seem to be making a downward trend...hope they rocket up tomorrow :hugs:

Oh no Spoomie! I had a similar problem for a while - seems I was more dedicated him at first, however as I began to get more and more despondent as the months rolled on OH got more and more positive and we have now reached a happy equal. TTC does put an enormous stress on you especially when you become a long term ttc'er. I do hope you and yours can work through this hard time and come out the other end. :hugs:

morning been a tad busy!!:sex: But I thunk O is still a couple of days away only just got ewcm this morning but jeepers creepers (*tmi alert*) it came out when I wiped and I held the tissue up and it clung on and hung down about 15cm's!!!! flippin eck, now today I am glad I have legs (insert bad snail joke!!) green tea defintely does the job, still -ive OPK's but hopefuly get a +ive tofay or tomorrow. Little fella has man flu and hubby said he thinks he's getting it this morning but banning him from cold and flu tabs as they dry up mucus (semen) suffer in your jocks mate!!

Aww spoomie your poor thing it is a tough tough road we are on but the destination is so worth the bloody difficult journey. Keep that hope alive.

sam - if you were unwell before O your temps would have been higher than normal and antibiotics lower them again so it would be real difficult to tell from your temps, cm says cd15 or cd16 would have been O day hang in there hon

Nise hearing ya on the damn beeper, I have to fold the covers back now so I can hear it, I almost fell back asleep the other morning waiting for it as I hadn't heard it!! But ladies vag temping is so the way to go for accuracy, we sleep naked so much easier but still it makes a huge difference to your charts.

oh bugger little one is up gotta run, catch you later

Sam - I def think both could have messed with your temps. You still might have O'd and what about the line of the test? anymore lines? you still might get your BFP. Maybe your pre-ov temps are not a realistic view of what's really happening. I really hope so :kiss:

Glowstar: Thanks!! I hope so too. I didn't POAS today because I was too afraid to see a BFN and also, I planned to test on Tuesday morning before I head down to see the doctor, so I decided to stick with that plan.

Well, a uncharacteristically temp dive for me this morning, I don't think I've ever sunk so low :rofl: Wasn't really awake properly when I took it and am wondering if I took the thermometer out to soon??? :shrug: I temp by vag as it seems to give me a smoother chart but I can't hear the thing beep from down there

Nise: Thanks! I was tempted to temp vaginally, but was totally worried that I wouldn't hear the beep. They should make those things a bit louder, no? Or maybe there should be one for women with older ears, like me! :haha:

Spoomie: I know all about that strain. OH and I are currently fighting because I am afraid to return to Scotland. That's where I lost the baby and I'm just feeling too sad to go back right now.

morning been a tad busy!!:sex: But I thunk O is still a couple of days away only just got ewcm this morning but jeepers creepers (*tmi alert*) it came out when I wiped and I held the tissue up and it clung on and hung down about 15cm's!!!! flippin eck, now today I am glad I have legs (insert bad snail joke!!) green tea defintely does the job, still -ive OPK's but hopefuly get a +ive tofay or tomorrow. Little fella has man flu and hubby said he thinks he's getting it this morning but banning him from cold and flu tabs as they dry up mucus (semen) suffer in your jocks mate!!

sam - if you were unwell before O your temps would have been higher than normal and antibiotics lower them again so it would be real difficult to tell from your temps, cm says cd15 or cd16 would have been O day hang in there hon

Nise hearing ya on the damn beeper, I have to fold the covers back now so I can hear it, I almost fell back asleep the other morning waiting for it as I hadn't heard it!! But ladies vag temping is so the way to go for accuracy, we sleep naked so much easier but still it makes a huge difference to your charts.

oh bugger little one is up gotta run, catch you later

Miss C: When do you drink the green tea? And how much per day? Like gallons of it, or what? That EWCM sounds damned impressive! I'm pretty convinced about this vag temping idea. We sleep naked too, so maybe next month I will give it a go. I agree with you about the O date. Given the O pains and the CM, I think it was cd15, so time will tell, right? :hugs:

Miss C: I would also love to know more about the green tea.

I am planning to switch to vaginal temping next cycle because I've heard it's much more reliable, especially with broken sleep like I have. I wake up once a night around 3-5am. Sometimes, to use the bathroom, and sometimes just for a second and I go right back to sleep. That's when I've been temping, but I'm going to switch it to only at my alarm. Hopefully, I'll get a better picture next month.

decaffeinated green tea 2-3 cups per day as soon as AF starts, if you donlt like the taste add a little honey or vanilla etc to it. Does the job!!!

Sam hopefully you won't need any! BUT it;s good for cleansing and antioxidants etc and I am pretty sure it's safe in pregnancy especially if decaf.

Oooo I might start my green tea today (bit late) but I bought some for me and OH to try and reduce caffeine intake etc....didn't know it was good for EWCM...but seen as your dripping in the stuff I'll give it a go!! :thumbup:

Hmm, green tea sounds good! I'll add that to my list of witch's ingredients!
Temps creeping up x

Ha ha, you've all made me laugh, thanks for your good wishes and marriage guidance support :) Reached a bit of a stalemate where I believe he's not committed enough to the cause and he believes my obsession is not healthy. Not good.

Re:green tea, I drink this all the time but - sorry to be so bleak - have had noticeable absence of EWCM since m/c. It was watery last month for a day (I think) so hoping for a resumption of normal service this monthSome months I think I may see the tiniest bit, but don't know if I'm imagining it now. Miss_C, would kill for some like you describe! :) Bizarrely, I did have some on CD6 along with spotting, but haven't bothered to put it into FF as I don't want to send her into apoplexy! Also, vaginal temping, yes, the way forward. I found I was too asleep to keep it in my mouth when I was oral temping and this way - aside from listening for the beep which can be tricky - find it much easier. That said, a weird jump for me this am, while CBFM still says I'm on low. This alone will be enough to confuse our good friend FF.....

Have a good day ladies xx

:hugs: Spoomie. I think we've all been there when TTC. After my DS was born I asked my (now ex) husband about TTC another. He said the only way I would get another baby would be with another man because it wouldn't be with him!

Pip x

:hugs: Spoomie. I think we've all been there when TTC. After my DS was born I asked my (now ex) husband about TTC another. He said the only way I would get another baby would be with another man because it wouldn't be with him!

Pip x

Yes, I realise it's a stressful journey. Don't have any plans to make him my ex at the mo, and besides, there's little enough time for me as it is, without the hassle of having to find another man!!! :)

aahhhh spoomie I can see your have a wry sense of humour, let it out honey, it will make you feel better.

Perhaps just keep your cycle to yourself, confuse dp with a "fake" period and then seduce him when necessary!! Plus a few random shots too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->