TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Sorry ladies, but I've been really self absorbed these last few days. I tend to get this way just before AF shows and I just don't have much left over for anything or anyone else. I guess it's a defense mechanism I've learned over the years. Pathetic and selfish, I know.

I'm on CD 27 today and no AF yet. My last cycle was 24 days long and the previous cycles before that were only 21 and 22 days long. Neg urine test last night at work, but had to run to ER before the time was up and when I was able to look again there was a very faint line. I figured it was an evap, but just in case I ran a beta and it was neg also.

This morning I feel a dull ache, but no AF yet. She'll probably show up soon. I have mixed emotions at this point. On one hand, the longer cycles could be my body finally leveling off after depo. I'm really interested to see what happens with BBT this next cycle. On the other hand, maybe I just shot myself into perimenopause with that stupid depo shot and this is point where my cycles start lengthening. The unknown is so very upsetting...

I would get menopause out of that head real quick... you are FINE... hang in there, our bodies adjust to everything.

:hugs:

:hugs: Thank you, my lovely friend! I need that this morning!

Sorry ladies, but I've been really self absorbed these last few days. I tend to get this way just before AF shows and I just don't have much left over for anything or anyone else. I guess it's a defense mechanism I've learned over the years. Pathetic and selfish, I know.

I'm on CD 27 today and no AF yet. My last cycle was 24 days long and the previous cycles before that were only 21 and 22 days long. Neg urine test last night at work, but had to run to ER before the time was up and when I was able to look again there was a very faint line. I figured it was an evap, but just in case I ran a beta and it was neg also.

This morning I feel a dull ache, but no AF yet. She'll probably show up soon. I have mixed emotions at this point. On one hand, the longer cycles could be my body finally leveling off after depo. I'm really interested to see what happens with BBT this next cycle. On the other hand, maybe I just shot myself into perimenopause with that stupid depo shot and this is point where my cycles start lengthening. The unknown is so very upsetting...

I agree with LL. Get that menopause out of your head! It's not that!! :hugs:

If it makes you feel any better, I was clinging to the idea that I had a great cycle (15 day O and cd 29 AF), but, after some spotting yesterday, nothing more whatsoever. So I am even longer than you.

how come you ladies don't have a countdown ticker so we can see where you are in your cycles?

Sam ...keep us posted... perhaps implantation?

how come you ladies don't have a countdown ticker so we can see where you are in your cycles?

Sam ...keep us posted... perhaps implantation?

LL: I do have a link to my chart in my signature. But I had to take the ticker itself out in order to fit all of the things in my sig! How did you get some of yours side by side? I'd love to have my ticker back up here. Stalk away! :) Oh, and the first 8 days' temps are no good. OH and I were visiting friends and the room was HOT. Could implantation be this late? EEP. Trying not to get too excited. Of course the test could be when I go for my afternoon run and see what ends up coming out. Sorry if TMI, but true, huh?

AFM: A question for all. So far, the only thing that has happened today besides another temp drop is loads of EWCM with some flecks of blood in it. It looks like that stuff you sometimes see when you crack an egg and there are tiny brown flecks in there. What is that all about? I mean, EWCM on the day I'm expecting AF?

Ideas??

I got (and still have) lots of CM post ovulation. Pregnancy can cause an increased production of CM.

Pip x

I got (and still have) lots of CM post ovulation. Pregnancy can cause an increased production of CM.

Pip x

EEEKS. :happydance: I don't want to get too attached to that idea only to crash and burn. But how can you not? Maybe I need to do some meditation. OMMMMMM.

Pip x

EEEKS. :happydance: I don't want to get too attached to that idea only to crash and burn. But how can you not? Maybe I need to do some meditation. OMMMMMM.

Do some visualisation while your at it Samiam - see yourself with a huge bump - whatever it takes. Got my fingers firmly crossed.

Well CD12 for me and monica was still on a high this morning. OPK this eve - smiley face so here we go! Have been sticking to the every other day method - but due to El Smiley we have bought tomorrows dtd forward to the morning. Oh God, I hope at least one of yesterdays :spermy: are still alive, just in case O happens tonight. But rather hoping it will be tomorrow night.

Hope all those having a nice long weekend have some lovely plans and things to do. I've got to work both tomorrow and Monday :growlmad:

Graceface please don't worry. There's no such thing as the menopause, didn't you hear?! Your body will sort itself out x
Sam keeping my fingers crossed for you x
Spoomie Hope you're doing okay, lots of hugs x

As to me -
Oooooohhhhmmmmmmmm. I need bloody meditation too. Grrrrr I'm in a grump. Must be the old hag on her way. Go away you horrible old WITCH!!!!! You make me a complete old BITCH!!!! Anyway, love to all, giving up with the temping over the holiday cos it stresses me out. Have a good few days all of you x

Do some visualisation while your at it Samiam - see yourself with a huge bump - whatever it takes. Got my fingers firmly crossed.

Well CD12 for me and monica was still on a high this morning. OPK this eve - smiley face so here we go! Have been sticking to the every other day method - but due to El Smiley we have bought tomorrows dtd forward to the morning. Oh God, I hope at least one of yesterdays :spermy: are still alive, just in case O happens tonight. But rather hoping it will be tomorrow night.

Hope all those having a nice long weekend have some lovely plans and things to do. I've got to work both tomorrow and Monday :growlmad:

Actually, you shouldn't have to worry. Sperm stay alive for like 2-5 days, some as long as 7 days. As long as you are intimate on a regular schedule, you should never have to worry about having them at the right time. I know many people temp and chart and all that but I admit that we didn't do anything like that. Just old fashioned sex every day to every other. I get grouchy if I go too long. :)

There is one thing that was different about the month we conceived, I got a cold for a few days. My OH suggested that it could have helped by lowering my immune system as the body does attack anything it recognizes as not self. I don't know about that but who is to say?

Anyway, good luck to all of you out there and waiting for AF could mean a long wait!! It happened to me, it could happen to you. :)

Actually, you shouldn't have to worry. Sperm stay alive for like 2-5 days, some as long as 7 days. As long as you are intimate on a regular schedule, you should never have to worry about having them at the right time. I know many people temp and chart and all that but I admit that we didn't do anything like that. Just old fashioned sex every day to every other. I get grouchy if I go too long. :)

There is one thing that was different about the month we conceived, I got a cold for a few days. My OH suggested that it could have helped by lowering my immune system as the body does attack anything it recognizes as not self. I don't know about that but who is to say?

Anyway, good luck to all of you out there and waiting for AF could mean a long wait!! It happened to me, it could happen to you. :)

may I ask you something? with your cold, any chance you took Mucinex or some cough medicine that may have reduced your mucus? cause I bet that was it LOL

may I ask you something? with your cold, any chance you took Mucinex or some cough medicine that may have reduced your mucus? cause I bet that was it LOL

Actually, no. I am terribly awful about taking medication I am supposed to and almost never take anything optional. I don't take cold medication.

Actually, no. I am terribly awful about taking medication I am supposed to and almost never take anything optional. I don't take cold medication.

wow then COOL! I just have read that it helps some times...if your issue is your CM is too thick

ooooh hi ladies, I hope that cold theory is right cos I feel ill!!! I have a sore throat, headache, and achey all over, snotty nose etc. Thanks dearl little son of mine, hubby got it during the baby making phase and now I have it, soooooooooooooo drawing a long bow here, maybe it is all part of the big plan!! Have sticky cm so will be awaiting eagerly with anticipation for lots of that creamy stuff to start churning out!! I think this bit is actually the worse bit that first week to 10 days after O,a ll other times you have things to occupy you with. AF, has she gone yup then let;s start bding, have we o'd yet ooh here coems the ewcm, ooooh here's the smiley face, oo there;s the temp drop, ooh theres the spike confirming O but now NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

sorry a bit manic this morning ha ha ha

2dpo and NOTHING to obsess over. I have done all the chart overlays for pregnancy and the post O temp jumps!! I have looked at all the bd timing charts re timing for girl and boy................anything else I can check?!!!!

Hubby has taken the boat out today to go for a fish, he needed a day off and bubba didn't wake until 8:15 this morning (woo hoo) BUT is now fully charged and somewhere in the night he had 666 engraved into the back of his head! grrrrrrrrrrr - so gonna be a not so good friday!!

just the one personal today

GRACEFACE - repeat after me - I AM NOT MENOPAUSAL - having a longer cycle is a good thing, I now pretty much have the pefect length cycle the rest were all too short and I now have optimum timing for a baby so now I will get knocked up!!!!

I think we should start a trend where we post a positive line at the end of all our posts even if we needed to have a dump and unload post? what do you think.

Today I am grateful for having a spare bed so snoring hubby could go in there and I could have a sprawled night's sleep and a little man who slept an hour later later for me to really appreciate it!

I think we should start a trend where we post a positive line at the end of all our posts even if we needed to have a dump and unload post? what do you think.

I think it's a great idea! And I have to say, I've heard a lot of women say that they had a cold the cycle they got preggers. So, fingers crossed for you!

Positive line at the end of my post: I am grateful that my luteal phase longer than the five days I thought it was going to last back there on 5dpo. :)

Grace...you are NOT menopausal!! you are having a NORMAL length cycle and that's a HUGE positive not a negative :hugs:

Miss C..sorry you have the cold but woooooo hooooo if it means getting a BFP. Wooo hoo to Sam too for having a longer LP..that IS the way forward :hugs:

I am ready to steal that torch as we are just about to start our shag-a-thon :happydance: in fact I am going to wake OH up in an hour...decided we are going to morning BD for the next 4 days...heard the spermies are better quality in the morning :haha: Trusty monitor has been high past two days. Totally resisted the urge to BD yesterday as we always start to early and get burned out. CD10 here so hoping for another day 14 'O'.

Not many negatives from me...but will finish with a positive...I get to do loads of shagging...it's a holiday weekend and the weather is glorious. Hope you are all enjoying the fluke weather us Brits are getting at the moment, especially Spoomie :winkwink::hugs:

I've got the witch. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR to quote miss C
Positive note - it's sunny! Going camping with a filthy cold, my period, OH and a large dog...hmm.
Love to all have a great weekend as it's gorgeous British summer at it's best! x

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR that damn ugly, horrible witch :growlmad:

On a positive note your charts look good Spoomie....nice temps pre-O and post-O which can only lead to a BFP right :winkwink:

Have a FAB weekend......erm.....camping :haha:

CD 30 and nothing. No witch yet. A little more of the same brownish spotting after my afternoon run yesterday and then literally NOT ONE DROP. Sigh. I'm starting to worry that this is a messed-up cycle. Oh wait, right. I'm supposed to be visualizing a big implantation and bump. Sorry. I forgot there for a second.

Reb: SORRY to hear about the witch getting you. That camping sounds like a real adventure!

Glowstar: Get down to business, there lass! :bunny:

Everyone else, have a glorious Easter weekend. Sunny and warm here and the day is just beginning. :thumbup:

You ladies are the BEST!!!! I'm definitely repeating all positive statements to myself. Although confusing for a longer cycle it is very much a good sign! REFUSED to test this morning as I don't think we hit it this month, but heck anything can be possible, but highly unlikely.

Nothing to comment on this morning except CP is high still and the occasional uncomfortable feeling "down there". Not sure about texture because I haven't been feeling around in there long enough to truly have a feel for that yet, but I "think" it is on the medium/softer side. As far as "open" or "closed", I've had 3 babies and my os is always feels open.

I'm thankful for the sunny day yesterday. I was able to get out in the back yard and remove dead growth from the gardens and clean up winter debris. Just a few more projects to complete before putting up the new gazebo and placing the fire pit I bought on sale a few days ago. Anyone living in the US with an ALDI store near you - They have the same fire pit, gazebo, patio set, and a double chair swing sold at Home Depot for $50 less each piece!!

And I'm also thankful for my OH! He's an amazing, one of a kind man! Thank you, God, for bringing him into my life! I feel very blessed!

I'm also thankful for the BFP's coming along! You ladies definitely keep the rest of us motivated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->