ttc after a d&c

if your ob tells you to take them you maybe OK. The rule of thumb is do the benefits out weigh the risk... that's what they go by. Lucky you are the one that has to be protected from environmental factors and your body's. I think your dh is okay since he only contributes. As long as he is eating pretty healthy I think you'll be okay!

He eats anything but is pretty healthy :) he also takes zinc for good sperm
Yeah I have to take low-dose aspirin when on my progesterone BC too.

hey ladies! you have been talking up a storm! i cant keep up! so i poured myself a glass of wine and took a read! lilesmom - i had my D&C at the hospital i work at too! actually, it was the same day my unit was have a paid staff meeting! my sister works in recovery, and we look alike....so people did double takes and in my drug induced state i went on and on about my sis (who was in the carribean at the time!)....but everyone was great and kept patient confidentiality....it was nice.

ladies it will def. be hard not to be concerned the next time we all concieve....i think it is a mothers instinct to be worried....and if you think how much we worry before we even have them in our hands, just wait until they get bigger! thats what my hubby always says!

i am excited and scared to be in the 2WW post D&C with no period....but perhaps it was meant to be. and judge me if you will, re the glass of wine.....but i did everything right the last 2 pregnancies and they both ended. so i did my research, am making this decision and i am OK with it. i use to be the person who couldnt believe that women were drinking during their 2WW.....now that it has taken longer than i expected to have a sucessful pregnancy, i get it.

anyways, blubbering on.

hey ladies! you have been talking up a storm! i cant keep up! so i poured myself a glass of wine and took a read! lilesmom - i had my D&C at the hospital i work at too! actually, it was the same day my unit was have a paid staff meeting! my sister works in recovery, and we look alike....so people did double takes and in my drug induced state i went on and on about my sis (who was in the carribean at the time!)....but everyone was great and kept patient confidentiality....it was nice.

ladies it will def. be hard not to be concerned the next time we all concieve....i think it is a mothers instinct to be worried....and if you think how much we worry before we even have them in our hands, just wait until they get bigger! thats what my hubby always says!

i am excited and scared to be in the 2WW post D&C with no period....but perhaps it was meant to be. and judge me if you will, re the glass of wine.....but i did everything right the last 2 pregnancies and they both ended. so i did my research, am making this decision and i am OK with it. i use to be the person who couldnt believe that women were drinking during their 2WW.....now that it has taken longer than i expected to have a sucessful pregnancy, i get it.

anyways, blubbering on.

Oh gosh I will worry even after I have the babies, it's true!
I am not judging at all on the alcohol. Honestly, I took up caffeine again before it was confirmed that my pregnancy wasn't viable. When I am sad I need some freaking soda :)

haha. i have managed to stay off the caffeine..find i dont really need it anymore.

I do. But just from soda. I love the carbonation. Plus, my hometown was famous for it's soda so...maybe it is destiny :D

i dont like the witch much...only seen it twice since september...but both times...not a welcome visitor!

I'd love to see it just so I can start trying again. Gosh I resent this confusion. I am never confused about my own body *pouts childishly*

Ok ok...I have come to the conclusion that I won't get AF for another week or so. Joy. At least after that I can try again

Lol thats funny. Its amazing now that your older you can finally get back at him:). though im sure they will do the same to your child!! or maybe not so much bc they have there own. Not sure how that all works yet!

Lilysmom - I learned at the childerns hospital of Philadelphia that baby asprin taken while ttc and early in first trimester can cause birth defects. My baby had hypoplastic left ventricular heart defect and heteroplastic defect. It was the first question they asked me before they did the fetal echocardiogram when I was 12wks and learned of my babies defects. So please be careful when deciding to take any meds while ttc. So whenever thinking of taking any meds please talk with your ob first when ttc. Unfortunately I lost my baby due to radiation, high fevers early in pregnancy, and his little heart stopping because it was so deformed. At least that's what I blame it on. The ob told me it just happened and it was beyond my control. Wow I never talked about this to anyone yet. I'm so glad to have bnb my friends n family would look at me like I was crazy.

oh god i never heard that , i dont think i would take it cos i dnt think i have the clotting problem. i had a really bad infection and was put on antibiotics about the time that i concieved, i told doc i was trying and was put on ones that dont affect the baby, i blame being so sick at the time. i could be totally wrong but its what i think, it just didnt form right then :cry:
aw thats awfull about ur baby, so sad. my heart goes out to u hon.
this place is great for being able to say really how u feel, i wouldnt tell anyone else that i still cry every day, i wanna be normal and if i told people i was upset they would just qs me and watch me all the time to make sure i was ok. :wacko: i know they r trying to be good but i hate feeling under scrutiny especially when feeling vulnerable.

jen ''Storked I really hope I don't feel detached. I really wanted my son and I still breakdown and cry when I'm alone but I know that's normal. I'll always love Liam and always think of him as my first. I don't think I could ever resent a child that I want so badly. I know I'll protect my next pregnancy with my life and never ever take it for granted... ''

this is why i love this thread and all of ye, i could so have wirtten this it sums up exactly how i feel xxxxx

I'm a registered dental hygienist :)

Its fun being full of useless information!!! Always a great conversation starter also!!!

I'm so glad you both enjoy the kitten!! That's so sweet he crys when you leave and lets you hold him like a baby!!! I love kittens!!!

Aww I'm sorry they are so far away. Its fun to send them home all sugared up though!!! I give my nephew caffinated soda when he's here and at night he loves hot tea. He's six. I only have one rule sugaey drink a must be drank with a straw!!

In the South, all people want to talk about is guns or tractor pulls...at least they do in my town. Or about drinking. And I'm Mormon so not fun to talk about drinking too. And other Mormons just talk about their kids LOL
My kitten is my fur baby for me to mother until I have a real baby :)
Hehe it is fun to torture their parents huh? I always give play makeup to this one sister's kids just because her hubby won't let them wear it.
And loud toys to my brother's kids. He hates those. He gutted a doll of mine when I was little!

good revenge bethany :winkwink: he defo deserves it, 2 ofmy bros threw my doll against a wall till her head fell off when i was small and i used to believe my dolls had feelings :wacko:

we have a cat, a dog , 2 ferrets and 2 chickens . i always call my cat my hairy baby, so sad

ThinkPositiv- Its okay to have a glass after everything you been through. Crossing my fingers for you that you have some good news for us soon!!! I was told that the first 4wks nothing we ingest is shared with the baby. so many babies are conceived by partying and come out fine! :)

I have strong effects from caffeine. It keeps me wake forever!!! I find it takes a long time to leave my system. So I try to only have it on occasion. I like sprite and root beer though for carbonation since its caffeine free. As for alcohol Im not crazy about that either. I like being in control of myself and feel very guilty drinking. On the other hand sometimes its nice to have a drink on occasion and feel relaxed. After I finally have a healthy bundle of joy I know that I'll treat myself to a nice glass of something not so strong since ill finally want to relax!

anyways, blubbering on.

hey im after about 4 posts to keep up, im in a dif time zone to ye so i dont seem to be on at same time much unless im up late :wacko:
i cant complain at all about how i was treated in hosp they were absolutly brilliant , they made it as easy as it could possibly be, its just that i have to go on the ward i was on and stuff and its a big reminder, i had kind of semi forgotten that day on purpose and it is bringing it back to me. might be better in the long run i suppose to deal with it rather than bury it :dohh:
when i woke up i asked them to put me back to sleep cos i was having a lovely dream about me training circus elephants, in my defense it was a cool dream. i was so glad i woke up ok. my sis in law was hsterical when she woke up form hers and i thought i be the same.
funny co incidence we both work in same place it happened.
no judgement on the wine hon, i didnt drink a drop and it made no diff in my case. loads o my friends and sisters drank , not loads but still drank and it did no damage so i wouldnt worry . think we have had enough worry by now :haha:

ur right on the worry prob gettin more after they be born, id say id be a wreck if they were sick or anything

liliesmom - I can relate In February I became very sick with a fever. I went to work for that week and still had a fever and cold I just couldnt break it. Well finally the following week I went to the doctors. I told her that I was ttc but had a bfn still and was only 7dpo... Well she gave me an antibiotic that was baby safe and gave me a slip to go for bloodwork. Three days later I found out I was pregnant. I stopped my antibiotic because I felt terrible for taking it but I still carried my fever for another week and a half. The doctors didnt seem worried either. I really blame my fevers for my babies defects... The crazy part was if my son would have made it he would have been rushed into surgery and his life expectancy was very short they said he'd be lucky to have made it to his second surgery at 2yrs old thats if he had made it through his first... It depresses me to think that. So im thinking god took him so he wouldnt have to suffer.

liliesmom - I can relate In February I became very sick with a fever. I went to work for that week and still had a fever and cold I just couldnt break it. Well finally the following week I went to the doctors. I told her that I was ttc but had a bfn still and was only 7dpo... Well she gave me an antibiotic that was baby safe and gave me a slip to go for bloodwork. Three days later I found out I was pregnant. I stopped my antibiotic because I felt terrible for taking it but I still carried my fever for another week and a half. The doctors didnt seem worried either. I really blame my fevers for my babies defects... The crazy part was if my son would have made it he would have been rushed into surgery and his life expectancy was very short they said he'd be lucky to have made it to his second surgery at 2yrs old thats if he had made it through his first... It depresses me to think that. So im thinking god took him so he wouldnt have to suffer.

i was very sick too , i had one lot of antibiotics which didnt work before i got pregnant so then i got sicker and they gave me another dose twice as long. when they took bloods for the pregnancy and sent them off my liver function tests came back a bit wrong from the anitibiotics and i think that was the cause :cry: i def think that my baby if she had survived wouldnt have been well at all and would have had serious problems so like u i think maybe she was saved something bad by this happening. its the only reasoning i can live with and still believe in god :winkwink: they wouldnt have had quality of life or lived long and u would hate to see them and u suffer even more

anyways, blubbering on.

hey im after about 4 posts to keep up, im in a dif time zone to ye so i dont seem to be on at same time much unless im up late :wacko:
i cant complain at all about how i was treated in hosp they were absolutly brilliant , they made it as easy as it could possibly be, its just that i have to go on the ward i was on and stuff and its a big reminder, i had kind of semi forgotten that day on purpose and it is bringing it back to me. might be better in the long run i suppose to deal with it rather than bury it :dohh:
when i woke up i asked them to put me back to sleep cos i was having a lovely dream about me training circus elephants, in my defense it was a cool dream. i was so glad i woke up ok. my sis in law was hsterical when she woke up form hers and i thought i be the same.
funny co incidence we both work in same place it happened.
no judgement on the wine hon, i didnt drink a drop and it made no diff in my case. loads o my friends and sisters drank , not loads but still drank and it did no damage so i wouldnt worry . think we have had enough worry by now :haha:

ur right on the worry prob gettin more after they be born, id say id be a wreck if they were sick or anything

I hope going to work becomes easier and easier for you with time. I believe your correct its not healthy to bury it. I think you will be mentally prepared for your next one since you may heal more. They had a seperate hospital for my d&c then where they deliver the babies. Thank god. But at the same time going back into my doctors for my post op exam I cried alot their where so many pregnant people in there and when the one lady next to me started to complain it made me so angry. I think ill be appreciating even the sick days of pregnancy so much more this time around. As for the alcohol I had none the entire 11months I was trying. So I agree with you 100%.

that dream about training elephants in a circus sounds pretty neat. cant blame you for wanting to go back to sleep after. I cant say i dreamed. Im sure you didnt cry due to being around people. You seem to be like me. Your very good at hiding your true feels around others. I think ppl make it easier to focus on other stuff and partly keep your mind off of the sadness. I could be wrong though.

My husband shared with me that when he went to his basketball game the other night all the guys had their kids there and some brought them out after the game to shoot around. He said that was very hard for him to be around. He never shares his feelings with me so I found it comforting to know he and I are dealing with this together still in some strange way.

i was very sick too , i had one lot of antibiotics which didnt work before i got pregnant so then i got sicker and they gave me another dose twice as long. when they took bloods for the pregnancy and sent them off my liver function tests came back a bit wrong from the anitibiotics and i think that was the cause :cry: i def think that my baby if she had survived wouldnt have been well at all and would have had serious problems so like u i think maybe she was saved something bad by this happening. its the only reasoning i can live with and still believe in god :winkwink: they wouldnt have had quality of life or lived long and u would hate to see them and u suffer even more

:hugs: I couldnt agree more! Lets pretend of little ones are playing together and looking down on us telling us "mommy im okay. I have lots of family here with me and i know you and dad love me very much. so please dont cry mommy".... I also believe that they will meet their sibling before we concieve them! :) I try to stay as positive as I can. Thought Id share it with you! Hope you dont mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->