ttc after a d&c

there are 2 hospitals in my place too but i work in both i cover hoildays and sick so i could be anywhere. it will toughen me up :)
im much better when im around people in one way , distraction is great but if i go too long without crying im in danger of spilling in public :) and i just want to be by myself. strange things remind anyway and i get sad.
even the day of the d and c the nurses were saying to me that they hoped next time they met me id be calling for an epidural and i was laughing with them but when they wheeled me back to the room and left me was when i could cry. i prefer to be alone when sick or sad.
i sometimes wonder if my other half is even sad any more he seems fine. but most people think im fine too i suppose. ur poor hubby but it is nice to know they feel it too in their own way. i think they try to be stong for us too :)

I think babies aren't always real until maybe they feel kicks or hold it :? he said the baby wasn't as real to him as to me. Sadness.
I usually like to be left alone too when sad. I become too quick to anger when I'm depressed and surrounded by people. Plus I am kind of a hermit in real life although you wouldn't know it if you met me :)
I hope that next time you are asking for that epidural too :hugs:
I always thought I wanted a natural birth but the trauma from my miscarriage makes me feel otherwise.

liliesmom - I can relate In February I became very sick with a fever. I went to work for that week and still had a fever and cold I just couldnt break it. Well finally the following week I went to the doctors. I told her that I was ttc but had a bfn still and was only 7dpo... Well she gave me an antibiotic that was baby safe and gave me a slip to go for bloodwork. Three days later I found out I was pregnant. I stopped my antibiotic because I felt terrible for taking it but I still carried my fever for another week and a half. The doctors didnt seem worried either. I really blame my fevers for my babies defects... The crazy part was if my son would have made it he would have been rushed into surgery and his life expectancy was very short they said he'd be lucky to have made it to his second surgery at 2yrs old thats if he had made it through his first... It depresses me to think that. So im thinking god took him so he wouldnt have to suffer.

i was very sick too , i had one lot of antibiotics which didnt work before i got pregnant so then i got sicker and they gave me another dose twice as long. when they took bloods for the pregnancy and sent them off my liver function tests came back a bit wrong from the anitibiotics and i think that was the cause :cry: i def think that my baby if she had survived wouldnt have been well at all and would have had serious problems so like u i think maybe she was saved something bad by this happening. its the only reasoning i can live with and still believe in god :winkwink: they wouldnt have had quality of life or lived long and u would hate to see them and u suffer even more

:hugs: I couldnt agree more! Lets pretend of little ones are playing together and looking down on us telling us "mommy im okay. I have lots of family here with me and i know you and dad love me very much. so please dont cry mommy".... I also believe that they will meet their sibling before we concieve them! :) I try to stay as positive as I can. Thought Id share it with you! Hope you dont mind!

i totally dont mind i think the same. i hve been on reiki helaing and angel courses . i recently went for a reiki session and it was gorg i felt like she was there with me all the time. im not worried at all she is unhappy cos i totally believe she is a little angel and is happy skiping around heaven . :thumbup: i know not everyone believes and im not trying to make anyone but it really helps me. during the session it was like she said, ' i dont miss u mummy cos i always have u'. i was so happy and upset at the same time :winkwink: sorry if ye dont believe but just wanted to let u know . and i am not out to convert anyone into thiniking the same way just saying it helps me

what makes me sad is missing her not worrying for her

Lilysmom - I learned at the childerns hospital of Philadelphia that baby asprin taken while ttc and early in first trimester can cause birth defects. My baby had hypoplastic left ventricular heart defect and heteroplastic defect. It was the first question they asked me before they did the fetal echocardiogram when I was 12wks and learned of my babies defects. So please be careful when deciding to take any meds while ttc. So whenever thinking of taking any meds please talk with your ob first when ttc. Unfortunately I lost my baby due to radiation, high fevers early in pregnancy, and his little heart stopping because it was so deformed. At least that's what I blame it on. The ob told me it just happened and it was beyond my control. Wow I never talked about this to anyone yet. I'm so glad to have bnb my friends n family would look at me like I was crazy.

oh god i never heard that , i dont think i would take it cos i dnt think i have the clotting problem. i had a really bad infection and was put on antibiotics about the time that i concieved, i told doc i was trying and was put on ones that dont affect the baby, i blame being so sick at the time. i could be totally wrong but its what i think, it just didnt form right then :cry:
aw thats awfull about ur baby, so sad. my heart goes out to u hon.
this place is great for being able to say really how u feel, i wouldnt tell anyone else that i still cry every day, i wanna be normal and if i told people i was upset they would just qs me and watch me all the time to make sure i was ok. :wacko: i know they r trying to be good but i hate feeling under scrutiny especially when feeling vulnerable.

:hugs: I am sorry. We all have our suspicions don't we? :(
I don't cry every day but odd things bring back the sadness :cry:

I think babies aren't always real until maybe they feel kicks or hold it :? he said the baby wasn't as real to him as to me. Sadness.
I usually like to be left alone too when sad. I become too quick to anger when I'm depressed and surrounded by people. Plus I am kind of a hermit in real life although you wouldn't know it if you met me :)
I always thought I wanted a natural birth but the trauma from my miscarriage makes me feel otherwise.

me too i love company and going out and having a laugh but i also love my space and time by myself :thumbup: i get cranky if im upset and im not naturally like that so its safer for all if i seclude myself. if im cranky with someone it upsets me too and i feel real guilt when i calm down
yeah i dont want epidural cos of the risks but i would have gas and air and pethidone if i hve to , im lucky in some ways with the d and c , i have no heads up on the pains of birth, im prob better off flying blind and by the time i get there its too late :wacko:

Lol thats funny. Its amazing now that your older you can finally get back at him:). though im sure they will do the same to your child!! or maybe not so much bc they have there own. Not sure how that all works yet!

They deserve it! And the best part of being so young as that they will still have their hands full of their kids and will never offer to watch mine. All part of my evil plan MUAHAHAHA!

me too i love company and going out and having a laugh but i also love my space and time by myself :thumbup: i get cranky if im upset and im not naturally like that so its safer for all if i seclude myself. if im cranky with someone it upsets me too and i feel real guilt when i calm down
yeah i dont want epidural cos of the risks but i would have gas and air and pethidone if i hve to , im lucky in some ways with the d and c , i have no heads up on the pains of birth, im prob better off flying blind and by the time i get there its too late :wacko:

You may change your mind at the last minute :winkwink:
All my sisters went natural. Heck, one is having her fifth at home. But the contractions from my miscarriage were so bad that I actually collapsed at my doctor's office :(

ThinkPositiv- Its okay to have a glass after everything you been through. Crossing my fingers for you that you have some good news for us soon!!! I was told that the first 4wks nothing we ingest is shared with the baby. so many babies are conceived by partying and come out fine! :)

I have strong effects from caffeine. It keeps me wake forever!!! I find it takes a long time to leave my system. So I try to only have it on occasion. I like sprite and root beer though for carbonation since its caffeine free. As for alcohol Im not crazy about that either. I like being in control of myself and feel very guilty drinking. On the other hand sometimes its nice to have a drink on occasion and feel relaxed. After I finally have a healthy bundle of joy I know that I'll treat myself to a nice glass of something not so strong since ill finally want to relax!

Wish I was sensitive to caffeine hehe. I just have withdrawals without it. But it doesn't affect my sleep. Had no soda for the last few days and stayed up all night last night :dohh:
People just assume that I don't drink acohol because of my faith. Truth is, I don't like the taste. I think it is genetic. My relatives who can drink acohol choose not to for taste issues as well. But my DH? He tried it and thought it delicious. :)

All my sisters went natural. Heck, one is having her fifth at home. But the contractions from my miscarriage were so bad that I actually collapsed at my doctor's office :(

god yeah maybe i will , yuck u poor thing. how long ago was it now? are u feeling better physically?

liliesmom - I can relate In February I became very sick with a fever. I went to work for that week and still had a fever and cold I just couldnt break it. Well finally the following week I went to the doctors. I told her that I was ttc but had a bfn still and was only 7dpo... Well she gave me an antibiotic that was baby safe and gave me a slip to go for bloodwork. Three days later I found out I was pregnant. I stopped my antibiotic because I felt terrible for taking it but I still carried my fever for another week and a half. The doctors didnt seem worried either. I really blame my fevers for my babies defects... The crazy part was if my son would have made it he would have been rushed into surgery and his life expectancy was very short they said he'd be lucky to have made it to his second surgery at 2yrs old thats if he had made it through his first... It depresses me to think that. So im thinking god took him so he wouldnt have to suffer.

:hugs: I am so sorry

god yeah maybe i will , yuck u poor thing. how long ago was it now? are u feeling better physically?

The day of my D&C, May 10. I felt fine after the D&C. I still feel fine physically. I didn't think I would but I do :?

i was very sick too , i had one lot of antibiotics which didnt work before i got pregnant so then i got sicker and they gave me another dose twice as long. when they took bloods for the pregnancy and sent them off my liver function tests came back a bit wrong from the anitibiotics and i think that was the cause :cry: i def think that my baby if she had survived wouldnt have been well at all and would have had serious problems so like u i think maybe she was saved something bad by this happening. its the only reasoning i can live with and still believe in god :winkwink: they wouldnt have had quality of life or lived long and u would hate to see them and u suffer even more

:cry: Sorry for your loss.
:hugs:

im glad ur good physically bethany, i am too now thank god. had some pain after it, it went away and then came back really sharp pain, i was a bit freaked but my doc said it was inflammation from d and c and gave me anti inflamatorys. was on antibiotics too again for sinus infection so if it was infection they sorted it and feel grand now really. we arent too far apart so my d and c was may 24th.

its not nice but its not awfull the physical part really. sorry for ur loss too honey

im glad ur good physically bethany, i am too now thank god. had some pain after it, it went away and then came back really sharp pain, i was a bit freaked but my doc said it was inflammation from d and c and gave me anti inflamatorys. was on antibiotics too again for sinus infection so if it was infection they sorted it and feel grand now really. we arent too far apart so my d and c was may 24th.

its not nice but its not awfull the physical part really. sorry for ur loss too honey

Oh it is true I was thinking it was going to hurt because they gave me really strong painkillers. I never used a one. Just ibuprofen for headaches. Hate that you have been so sick :hugs:

i get sinus infections all the time, i am very used to them ;)
no fear of me . thanks.

I still do although I get mocked for it by my family :D

they dont still make it do they? it was funny though, they shouldnt be mocking u, they dont know good telly hee hee

Nope it hasn't been on the air for a while! Most of my family enjoys the same shows as me...except my brother who lives for CNN and Smallville. I judge him :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->